This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite SciFi Music

Self explanatory I think. Theres too many choices to make it a poll, so just post it. It can be movie or TV show. Some shows like Babylon 5 or Lost in Space had different themes per season so if its one of those say which season. and if you have a couple that tie its ok too, just list em

*EDIT* - lol i forgot to say what mine was. hmm its a tough one. im just gonna list my top 5, they all sort of tie lol: Stargate, BSG(the original), Seaquest DSV, Babylon 5 Season 5, DS9

I've always like the music from the Stargate movie. 2001: A Space Odyssey also has some great soundtrack. Star Trek too.
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

The X-Files soundtrack is good. I wish they'd release it commercially. My favourite X-Files music comes in S8, especially in the episode "This is Not Happening". Mark Snow is a genius!

Comment

I like Brian Tyler's music from 'Children of Dune', especially 'House Atreides' and 'Inama Nushif'. Also fantastic are Bear McCreary's 'The Shape of Things to Come', 'Passagalica' and 'Wander My Friends'.

And the music for Serenity is good too. I forgot who the composer was but the music used for the first shot of the ship entering atmo is great.

Comment

Obviously the main Stargate themes... but other than that the Star Wars themes are great (Imperial March will always be the universal "bad guy" theme). I also quite liked the Voyager theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
            I like Brian Tyler's music from 'Children of Dune', especially 'House Atreides' and 'Inama Nushif'.
            Those are awesome! Very moving and dramatic.
            "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Children of the Dune did have great music.
              I liked the Star Trek Voyager theme.
              I loved the X-Files theme

And although I don't like the show I do like the music from BSG.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

'A Clockwork Orange' is my favorite.
                But certainly not a movie for the faint-hearted.

I liked the music for Star Wars of course, Space 1999, Lost in Space.

It seems movies are usually better than TV.
                Worst has to be that 'Enterprise' theme.

Comment

Star Wars always had great music. I think my favourite music comes from the BSG S1 soundtrack by Bear McCreary. Gorgeous stuff. I listen to it all the time.

Comment

I've always loved Earth Final Conflict's main theme, such a wonderful piece of music

Comment

BSG, Babylon 5 (different opening each year was interesting - it fit what was happening in the story arc), SG1, SGA, X-Files. All time fav - original Twilight Zone.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                        And the music for Serenity is good too. I forgot who the composer was but the music used for the first shot of the ship entering atmo is great.
                        David Newman... A rather rousing theme, is it not?
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          David Newman... A rather rousing theme, is it not?
                          This I can't wait to hear! When I saw the film in May the special effects and music weren't quite finished.

Comment

The stargate's theme songs are the BEST...cant beat them
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Star wars has the all time best music of any sci-fi.
                              Matrix also hada great soundtrack.
                              The stargate theme music is always good.
                              The music from Dune (1984) was great.
                              Farscapes intro music.

Plenty of other good ones but these are the first five that come to mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X