This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate sides

The stargate has a front side, the side of the chevrons i assume in the front. What would happen if you were to step trough the back of the stargate, what would happen ?

i wondered that myself once or twice. i think i remember an episode where someone briefly mentioned it...? cant remember though. seems that the stargate would be indiscriminate as to how someone entered. most of the technology of the ancients seems somewhat intelligent and able to compensate with our operational tinkering, if that makes any sense.

Comment

They walk out backwards j/k
      I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
      so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
      But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
      Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
      GW My home away from home....
      My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

i wondered that too. The stargate movie shows the back of the gate after the splash. Maybe you get fried. the amount of energy used to make a stargate work...

Comment

Originally posted by nicedog
          The stargate has a front side, the side of the chevrons i assume in the front. What would happen if you were to step trough the back of the stargate, what would happen ?
          It's been awhile since someone has asked this question. (There are actually several OLD threads around here dealing with question, but i don't feel digging through antiquated threads to find them).

More than likely, probably nothing will happen. Most gates are mounted in such a way that it's hard to enter from the back. But maybe you could ask Joe Mallozzi in the "Ask Joe" thread. He might have some insight on this question.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
            The stargate movie shows the back of the gate after the splash.
            I think we can't compare the movie and the TV. In the movie, when the back side of the Gate is shown, there is a vortex ("vortex" in the scientific term, like the water escaping in a bath-tub). In the TV show, the back side of the Gate is flat. I remember an episode in which the Tok'ra escaped by the Gate when the Goa'uld attacked their planet, the lateral side of the side was shown while they were running through, and we couldn't see the movie rear vortex and the event horizon.
            Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
              I think we can't compare the movie and the TV. In the movie, when the back side of the Gate is shown, there is a vortex ("vortex" in the scientific term, like the water escaping in a bath-tub). In the TV show, the back side of the Gate is flat. I remember an episode in which the Tok'ra escaped by the Gate when the Goa'uld attacked their planet, the lateral side of the side was shown while they were running through, and we couldn't see the movie rear vortex and the event horizon.
              maybe that only happens whilst dialing in

Comment

Working...
              X