This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasion was weaksauce

...that's really all I had to say about it. It sucked.

I agree, I have no clue why its getting great reviews.
    It doesn't hold a candle to x-files or other sci-fi shows.
    shoot, supernatural is more appealing.

I will give the show a few more episodes until I take it off my replaytv list.

ps: whoop! I'm a supersoldier.
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
      I agree, I have no clue why its getting great reviews.
      It doesn't hold a candle to x-files or other sci-fi shows.
      shoot, supernatural is more appealing.

I will give the show a few more episodes until I take it off my replaytv list.

ps: whoop! I'm a supersoldier.

Absolutely. I watched last night and man what the hell was the point of all that? This story is going nowhere fast. None of the characters are interesting. That child is annoying. The paranoid guy needs a psych ward. The conspiracy thing makes no sense. And the whole episode accomplished nothing.

I know they're trying to hold on to a sense of suspense but you kind of need to reveal an objective of some kind in the first two episodes and unreel enough of the mystery so we at least have some idea of the direction. So far there is no objective so the characters just seem to be wandering around aimlessly. After two hours of show all that's happened is: Hurricane. Lights in the sky. Wierd stuff has happened.

That being said, given the lovely time slot I'll probably watch next week to see if they're just slowly warming up to something decent.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

SPOILERS may apply..

It bothers me that at first the woman doctor appeared to be one of them, now it seems she doesn't know what's going on.
        The writers need to make her fully on of them, and act like it, or make her a convert that eventually changes.

The woman doctor and the her husband, sheriff were sharing a few looks and stares that made them seem like aliens plotting something.
        Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
        Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          That child is annoying.
          Yep

Comment

The first episode was really quite good, but it seems like the second episode put the brakes on all the action. The episode could have been condensed to about fifteen minutes which would have then left space for forty-five minutes of similarly paced content.

Comment

lol weaksauce, i've never heard that before, and yeah i thought this show was pretty bad.
              My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Originally posted by deathbed1983
                lol weaksauce, i've never heard that before.
                Yeah, I don't know where my friends got that from. They just make up inside jokes with no meaning to be funny

Comment

I missed the premiere of Invasion. So i guess i'm not missing out on much, huh?

Comment

That being said, given the lovely time slot I'll probably watch next week to see if they're just slowly warming up to something decent.
                    Yup. At this point the timeslot is the best thing this show has going for it.
                    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

The second episode was so slow. It seems a lot of writers are trying to imitate Lost in drawing things out and leaving the audience with questions, only the writers of Invasion aren't doing that great of a job. They need to kill off the little girl, how cliche that the strange little girl knows something no one else does.

Comment

I dont understand the reporters brother. Whats with him? How did he know about the aliens and stuff? Where did he come up with this stuff? They dont explain him at all!

I thought the 2nd ep was decent enough.
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          They need to kill off the little girl
                          Should I be worried that that idea doesn't bother me? After the first episode I kind of wish a gator had gotten her. I feel a little guilty for thinking that...not much though.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Should I be worried that that idea doesn't bother me? After the first episode I kind of wish a gator had gotten her. I feel a little guilty for thinking that...not much though.
                            I was thinking the same thing and also felt a little guilty. But that little girl's voice is so grating and she's just one big cliche.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                              I was thinking the same thing and also felt a little guilty. But that little girl's voice is so grating and she's just one big cliche.
                              They're all whopping cliches, but yeah, she's the most obnoxious one of all.

Can anyone date back the source of the Precocious Little Girl cliche? Is its creator still alive so that we may thrash him? Or feed him to the gators. Or force him to sit through every ghastly iteration of a PLG in recent history.

Comment

Working...
                              X