X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...109317,00.html
    There was a time--yes, my children, the legends are true--when J.R.R. Tolkien was not cool. Really. Very much not cool. Also video games, and Spider-Man, and the X-Men. There was a time, not even that long ago, when you could get beaten up by jocks in the woods behind the backstop for being down with the X-Men. Not that this happened to me personally. Friend of mine. Friend of mine's cousin, actually. Lives in Canada. You wouldn't know him.

Just ask two of the ringleaders of this bloodless, prom-dateless coup: archgeek Joss Whedon, the man behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the science-fiction movie Serenity, which opens this Friday; and Neil Gaiman, creator of the classic comic book Sandman and author of the fantasy novel Anansi Boys, which comes out this month. Gaiman also has a movie opening this Friday, the Dark Crystal--flavored fantasy Mirrormask. "It will be national geek day!" he says.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Geeks Rule!!!

Just look at Daniel and McKay.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Indeed and 'The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth' - Take that Ori
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
        Geeks Rule!!!

Just look at Daniel and McKay.
        Don't forget Carter
        sigpic

Comment

It's just like MJ said, We Are The World
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Ah getting mocked for liking sci-fi and the like, they were the days.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I still do!!!!!!! I live in Australia and, high schools a mean son of s b*tch in these times, unfortunately, Australia doesn't look kindly to the magic that is Stargate.
              But nooooooo! "We're not americans.." Says we, but f**k me if you can tell the difference besides the accent!!!! Even our TV is all taken from then, "Cop shows" are the future?!?!?!? What the hell are you Australians on about!?

Edit:Note:My apologise to all Australians who don't/do like cop shows and all other 'quality' shows that are currently being put on our TV and are large fans of SCI-Fi and other good shows out there, but i'm just so sick of that un-easyness you get when the words Sci-fi is/are muttered....
              Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 28 September 2005, 04:47 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The Geek Shall inherit the earth with our bi mon sci fi cons and many other glorius things.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                X