This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scifi Tech in Real Life

One of the cooler things about scifi is all the tech that the creators get to imagine. What's even cooler is when these things actually invented.

Hehe, this made me go all giggly.

It's like a Global from Earth: Final Conflict. I so wanted one of these when I was younger. Readius | Global

There have been other things I've seen threads on this forum about other tech. Someone has created little replicators (a little scary but still cool), holographic displays and they are actually starting to use something simliar to com badges from Star Trek in hospitals.

Anybody got any other tech that you could have sworn you saw on a sci-fi series?

Though I don't own one, I find myself bringing up Jules Verne's nuclear submarine, the Nautilus. Verne wrote about it several decades before they starting planning how to build one.

And one other thing; though not strictly sci-fi, several of the gadgets from the early James Bond films and novels were concieved before actual ones were ever built (e.g. a pager and a car phone from From Russia With Love).

Comment

I heard that mobile phones were modeled after the tricorders in Star Trek. So my english teacher said..
      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

I found lots of websites with stuff that 10 years ago was sci-fi..although these things arent even in a prototype phase yet there still been developed..
        Two things that are being developed are...
        1: Holographic Memory...
        2: DNA Computers....
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
        X