This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cloak for the Daedalus?

THis may have been discussed before, I'm not sure so I apologize if it has. On the Siege 3, Mckay and Zelenka rigged up a puddle jumper cloaking device to Atlantis' shield to cloak the city. I don't see why they don't do the same on the Daedalus so it will have the ability to cloak. The only reason not to that I can see is that the Asgard shields may work alot differently than Ancient shields but I don't see how they could be that different. Anyone have any idea why they couldn't do it?

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

rodney also had to use the zpm to power the cloak so it may not be possible without a big power source such as the zpm.

Comment

Also... Is Ancient Tech and Goa'uld-Asgard-Tau'ri Tech even compatible?

I am aware Anubis combined Goa'uld with Asgard and Ancient Tech, but Tau'ri vessels are fairly new. As it stands, we recieved some Tech from the Asgard to begin with.

I doubt we could rig the Daedelus with a cloak, but with McKay and Zelenka... it may be possible (in 2 years).

Comment

Well isn't most of Goa'uld tech based off Ancient tech? IF so they'd be compatible as far as I know. Tau'ri tech seems to be somewhat compatible since they can interface their computers with the Atlantis computers...then again power systems are a whole different story. No comment on Asgard tech. I don't think the power requirements would be on the scale of a ZPM. A puddle jumper doesn't use ZPM to power it's cloak...Hopefully they pull it off in an episode, it would be a nice advantage for the Daedalus.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

i think mckay only needed the zpm because the cloak had to cover atlantis but daedulus is much smallewr than atlantis

Comment

Theyd stil need alot of power eg 3 naquadah generators.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

well the deadie and prommie run off a realy big reactor so we may have enuff power to do that

Comment

I would say they could do it, the writers just may not want to give them that big of an advantage yet. If a jumper can supply enough energy to cloak, I imagine the other ships could be modified to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyB1972
                  I would say they could do it, the writers just may not want to give them that big of an advantage yet. If a jumper can supply enough energy to cloak, I imagine the other ships could be modified to do the same.
                  i agree unless the jumpers are powerd by zedpm's??

Comment

Not a chance. That would be to easy. Besides, remember "Its Good to Be King"? The power was all gone. The ship was newer then the Teyonas outpost and they were able to go through time AND fly using the time machine's power supply. So the Ancient useing the ships power to learn the planets history, and future, isn't a viable excuse for the loss of power.

Puddle jumpers don't have ZPM's.

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                      i agree unless the jumpers are powerd by zedpm's??
                      Dude Mckay aint' that dumb Gees
                      I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                      so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                      But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                      Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                      GW My home away from home....
                      My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

wasnt the city's sheilds down when the cloak went up? i dont think it would be a good idea for the daed to be flyin around without shields , at light speed even one piece of dust would put a big hole in the ship

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                          wasnt the city's sheilds down when the cloak went up? i dont think it would be a good idea for the daed to be flyin around without shields , at light speed even one piece of dust would put a big hole in the ship
                          The deadie only goes half the speed of light though thats really cool still not lightspeed and the shields work at this speed
                          I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                          so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                          But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                          Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                          GW My home away from home....
                          My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                            Not a chance. That would be to easy. Besides, remember "Its Good to Be King"? The power was all gone. The ship was newer then the Teyonas outpost and they were able to go through time AND fly using the time machine's power supply. So the Ancient useing the ships power to learn the planets history, and future, isn't a viable excuse for the loss of power.

Puddle jumpers don't have ZPM's.
                            i think that the PJ are powered by whatever powers those stargate nodes, according to GW omni they are kinda like long lasting mini ZPMs which is perfect, id just get a few dozen of them from the space gates( with the daedy) and hey presto...power is sorted.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Zekk
                              The deadie only goes half the speed of light though thats really cool still not lightspeed and the shields work at this speed
                              If that's the case, it'd take millions of years to reach Atlantis from Earth.

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                              Meh, a true cloak would serve as a shield anyway.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                              X