This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entroscopic Cascade Failure

Is this a real scientific concept or just something made up by scifi writers?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Your search - Entroscopic Cascade Failure - did not match any documents.

Google says made up.

Comment

Yeah I tried google aswell just making sure
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

What is Entroscopic Cascade Failure anyway.
        Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
        Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
        - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
        - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

it's Entropic cascade failure not entrospoic. It's in the omnipedia http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/m...efailure.shtml. As for a real concept I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Intrepid68
            it's Entropic cascade failure not entrospoic. It's in the omnipedia http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/m...efailure.shtml. As for a real concept I have no idea.
            This is completely utter nonsense made up by the writers.
            "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

It does seem rather stupid.
              Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
              Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
              - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
              - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

It makes absolutely no sense at all when you think about it. Carter suffered Entroscopic Cascade Failure because there was another version of her but Kawalsky didn't suffer Entroscopic Cascade Failure even though there's another version of him, 6 feet under.

Comment

ENTROPIC
                  (Entropy)
                  1. Symbol S For a closed thermodynamic system, a quantitative measure of the amount of thermal energy not available to do work.
                  2. A measure of the disorder or randomness in a closed system.
                  3. A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.
                  4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
                  5. Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.

ENDOSCOPIC
                  (endoscope)
                  1. An instrument for examining visually the interior of a bodily canal or a hollow organ such as the colon, bladder, or stomach.

There's no such word as entroscopic.

Let's get the terminology right, boys and girls, before we go arguing about what is and isn't realistic.

Now, if you want to talk wave equation and particle vibration and whether or not two Carters from two universes would be operating on the same frequency (at a microscopic level) when the events and circumstances of their existence leading up to that moment would have been completely different... THAT would be a much meatier topic.

Comment

Yes, we know the thread author made a mistake. "Entropic cascade failure" is bunk.

Now, if you want to talk wave equation and particle vibration and whether or not two Carters from two universes would be operating on the same frequency (at a microscopic level) when the events and circumstances of their existence leading up to that moment would have been completely different... THAT would be a much meatier topic.
                    Assume they are identical, so what? They don't exist in the same time-space so there's no problem with the exclusion principle and they're not in any danger of annihlating through matter anti-matter interactions.
                    Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Now, if you want to talk wave equation and particle vibration and whether or not two Carters from two universes would be operating on the same frequency (at a microscopic level) ......
                      Complete and utter nonsense.
                      "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Googling 'Entropic cascade failure' shows that it is a completely made up concept
                        love Torri

Comment

No more so than entropic cascade failure.

I guess it depends on whether or not people are essentially the same no matter what universe they were born to, or if each instance is inherently unique. I'd tend to think the latter, myself, but for the sake of discussion I'm willing to consider other possibilities.

Of course, if silly ideas and wild theories are only going to be met with condescension and condemnation, y'all can go right about your business and I'll go back to staying out of the Science section.

Comment

Working...
                          X