This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scifi series without humans

Would anyone else like to see a show without humans and just alien characters?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I always wanted to see a Star Trek series or mini-series from the point of view of the Romulans or Dominion, that would have been interesting.

Comment

I personally would like that. Only alien and not humans. It would be a unique series, I'd watch it, only if it was on Scifi and didn't conflict with my other shows.
      sigpic

Comment

Or if you did see a human, it was really odd, and you only saw a glimpse, or were unsure about their intentions, etc. Having that kind of vague-ness would be interesting.

Comment

or the humans were the baddies
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Yeah that would be interesting. I wonder if the masses would accept it though, it may not attract viewers, but sure would be interesting.

Comment

Since when have the masses accepted scifi
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                Since when have the masses accepted scifi
                Good point but even I wouldn't be fully comfortable as having humans as bad guys. An all alien show I might give a look to though.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I don't think it would work. A big part of scifi is our identifying with the human race as a whole and the things they/we deal with once they escape the norms that we're used to and become aware of something bigger.

Scifi without humans would be wierder than usual. I don't think the networks would buy it and I don't think the audience would take to it and it would probably be pricy.

If they just conveniently happened to look like humans but weren't... it might have a shot. maybe.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Personally I´d like to see a show thats about humans but the humans are really the bad guys. All information that viewers would get would be from the viewpoint of military extremists who are justifing what they want to do (plus they really believe in their cause). Thus the audience would think that humans were the good guys at the beginning of the series but as time goes by they´d realise that this wasn´t true.

It would be tricky to do this but I think it would make for a great series, it´s been a pet project of mine to create such a world. Pitty I don´t own a tv station

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                      It would be tricky to do this but I think it would make for a great series, it´s been a pet project of mine to create such a world. Pitty I don´t own a tv station
                      Theres always fanfic
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        I don't think it would work. A big part of scifi is our identifying with the human race as a whole and the things they/we deal with once they escape the norms that we're used to and become aware of something bigger.
                        I agree. I don't even want to read SG fanfic centered on any other humans but the SG-1 team, so I doubt I'd take interest in a tv series about aliens who walk like humans, talk like humans, but just don't look human.

I always thought it would be cool to do an episode of SG-1 shot entirely from the Goa'uld POV, though; a four Goa'uld team on a recon mission where SG-1 is also. SG-1 could remain unaware of the G-team's presence for most of the ep.

Or perhaps, with the Ori threat the two teams are forced to work together and to even take turns saving each other.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Ooh yeah I'd always liked to see a sci-fi series with just aliens, I think a dominon or Cardassian/Bajor based Trek series would be awsome. Human as the bad guys another great idea, I have always thought sci-fi has held humans as like saviors of the universe holier than thou. I'm inciled to Joss Wendon's verison of the corrupt human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            or the humans were the baddies
                            Yeeeess, brilliant!!

muahahahahahaha....
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I wander how interesting a Stargate-type spinoff that tells the story from the side of the Wraith would be?

Comment

Working...
                              X