This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Threshold" Yay or nay?

I just finished watching the series premier and I have to say that I like this show. It's got a pretty good cast ensemble, and some good writting.
    Last edited by Taonas; 17 September 2005, 05:58 AM.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

I watched the first half during SG1 commercials, but I watched all of the second half.

Definitely Yay!! I really liked it. I like the cast, the premise and the writing. I am looking forward next weeks episode!
    Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Watched a bit of it during the commersal breaks. But I won't watch it, all of my attention is on SciFi Friday.
      sigpic

Comment

Still watching it over here... EXTREMELY good though!!! KEVIN DURAND!!! YAY!!!! Actually, he's how I found out about Threshold... Yay! *giddy drunkeness*

And it has that..... one guy in it.... You know.... The one from LOST... Yeah, I'm bad with names...

And it's back on now. Must finish watching!
        Ba'am! Let's kick it up a notch...

Comment

Yes. I loved it. When the Klingon joke came up and that one look from Spiner
          was priceless.

Comment

i didn't watch the whole thing because of sci-fi friday, but what i saw i really liked
            My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Yay from me. I like the characters and the plot has me intrigued. I'll tune in next week.

Comment

I didn't like it at all. At the technical facts about the government, military, etc were all wrong and incorrect. It seems to have a bunch of plot holes and nothing really happens. The series was created by the guy who did "Average Joe" so we can't really expect much. I hope some of the other new alien programs coming out are going to be better than this pile.

Comment

I was watching it with my dad and brother and at one point my dad mentioned that this might just be a new X-Files for him.

One thing to add, the ending of the pilot was great, a real "Oh Crap" moment
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

From what I could see from SG commercial breaks it wasn't bad. I'll try to watch a bit next week but then Atlantis will be on so it will probably get the same amount of attention from me as this week. I really do want to see it though.

Something about it made me think they were pulling rather heavily from some of the ideas in the 4400. I don't expect it to be completely original but I didn't want to be able to see through that in the first episode.

There were some cool things but they need to be wary of not relying on previously done scifi premises that can't hold up under scrutiny like the creepy dead guy (who's done creepy evil at least 3 times before) who just won't stay dead, and pretty blood patterns. The whole "We've been changed" thing is definitely stepping on 4400 toes a little.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I think it was more meh. It has lots of potential but it wasnt that good. I mean it wasnt bad, but it just wasnt that great. We'll see how it goes.
                      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I'll have to rergretfully give a "Nay". The program played like a Sci-Fi(non Stargate related mind you) Original ,and played a bit like a Jerry Bruckhiemer/Micheal("Transformers 7/04/07 baby") Bay wannabe. I wanted to give this one a chance, especially with the pedigree of its cast ,and crew, I was expecting a lot more.

One thing that I picked up though watching it last night in the beginning. The name of the company the lead actress worked for was called Blackwood Institute. Along with one comment by Spiner's character about "War of the Worlds" , I wonder if was a purposeful nod to the short-livedWar of the Worlds syndicated series in which the head of the alien task force that dealt with reviving aliens was also named Blackwood.

Comment

Threshold is a new series sort of unrelated to Stargate but it is also SCI-FI-ish in that they are studying a four-dimensional, human killing/zombiefying spacecraft. Anyways, last night (Friday) was the 2 Hour Premiere of it and was at 9, the same time episode 10 of SG1 Season 9 was on.

Anyways, on the show, they (the gov't of US) mentioned that the Cheyenne Mountain complex and its deep space telemetry noticed an object arriving into Earth's orbit extremely fast. I thought it funny yet unnerving at the same time. Funny because that is the cover story for what goes on at Cheyenne Mountain on Stargate. Unnerving because if Stargate is happenning at the same time, I expected Carter/Tapping to appear at the impact site to help analyze the situation and see whether it's possible to get something from it against the Orii..

I know it's a different show and probably a different reality but it's worth thinking about. Threshold isn't an inter-galactic show cuz it's related to what happens on Earth but I'm adding to my "shows to watch" list for sure.
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Did you recognize Lord Zipacna as one of the people on the ship? Saw Kevin Durand's name in the opening credits, but completely missed his appearance. Ah well. He may be back.

Interesting premise, but I'm not sure I like the way it's playing out. The characters are still awfully cliche at this point and the obligatory lingering looks between the two main leads was tiresome. At least they seem to have a bit of chemistry, though. The nerd grates on my nerves, the perv is just pathetic and the cranky doctor... oy, don't even get me started.

Is this honestly the best they could come up with?

Comment

Yeah I saw him. He's Sonntagg, one of the missing crew members, and also the 'guard' at the plant. He shaved.
                              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                              X