This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the gate

ok we know when a dhd is hooked to the gate and theres more than one gate on the planetthat the travler goes to the gate with the dhd well why didnt the teams travel to the artic ate it had a dhd and sg teams never traveld there until jack and sam got stranded that doesnt make cents

Originally posted by captain keys
    ok we know when a dhd is hooked to the gate and theres more than one gate on the planetthat the travler goes to the gate with the dhd well why didnt the teams travel to the artic ate it had a dhd and sg teams never traveld there until jack and sam got stranded that doesnt make cents
    Argh

I don't mean to be an ass about it but man can you please use better English?

Your post should read:

Ok, so we know that when a DHD is hooked up to the gate and there's more than one gate on the planet that the traveller goes to the gate with the DHD. Why then didn't the teams travel to the Arctic gate? It had a DHD and SG teams never travelled there until Jack and Sam got stranded. That doesn't make sense.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
      Argh

I don't mean to be an ass about it but man can you please use better English?

Your post should read:

Ok, so we know that when a DHD is hooked up to the gate and there's more than one gate on the planet that the traveller goes to the gate with the DHD. Why then didn't the teams travel to the Arctic gate? It had a DHD and SG teams never travelled there until Jack and Sam got stranded. That doesn't make sense.
      ok im not trying to start a war but why do you care so much about my grammer

Comment

The Goa'uld weapons caused a gate malfunction which diverted them to Antarctica

IMO - the reason the antarctic gate was not dominant is because the dhd was faulty
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

because until that point it had been frozen in the ice. carter said that it was likely freed due to recent seismic activity allowing enough room for the worm hole to form. when you think about it, it makes sense. up until the first season the gate had not recieved an incomming wormhole except for once, during the previous 5,000 years. then the gate started being used every day and everytime a incoming wormhole came in, it would first be tried to picked up by the gate with the DHD but it couldnt connect so went to the SGC gate. id bet that everytime an incoming wormhole came in the antartic gate trembled a bit which started the proccess of loosening the gate, so it was inevitable it would eventually be free enough to connect.

Comment

ok im not trying to start a war but why do you care so much about my grammer
            I'm not either, it's just that since text is our only means of communicating, you could make more effort. When I speak to someone on the phone, they are reliant on my clear pronunciation, so I make efforts to be understandable. Here, it is text we rely on.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              because until that point it had been frozen in the ice. carter said that it was likely freed due to recent seismic activity allowing enough room for the worm hole to form. when you think about it, it makes sense. up until the first season the gate had not recieved an incomming wormhole except for once, during the previous 5,000 years. then the gate started being used every day and everytime a incoming wormhole came in, it would first be tried to picked up by the gate with the DHD but it couldnt connect so went to the SGC gate. id bet that everytime an incoming wormhole came in the antartic gate trembled a bit which started the proccess of loosening the gate, so it was inevitable it would eventually be free enough to connect.
              yes that makes SENSE

Comment

One possible reason could be that the DHD was damaged. Remember Carter trying to fix it? If a DHD is not functioning right, it's corresponding gate may not work either. So that's probably why the Antarctic gate never activated until Carter and Jack got sent there when the SGC's gate malfunctioned.

Comment

interesting. that'd work if they didnt have any more incoming wormholes that episode. i dunno if they did... did they? cuz if they did... then the wormwhole should have gone to the antarctic gate... but assuming they didnt get any more that episode... kudos on the theory! i was always wondering why the antarctic gate wasn't used in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    One possible reason could be that the DHD was damaged. Remember Carter trying to fix it? If a DHD is not functioning right, it's corresponding gate may not work either. So that's probably why the Antarctic gate never activated until Carter and Jack got sent there when the SGC's gate malfunctioned.
                    there was nothing wrong with the antartic DHD. carter thought that it was because she couldnt dial earth, but thats because they were already on earth. the DHD was working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                      there was nothing wrong with the antartic DHD. carter thought that it was because she couldnt dial earth, but thats because they were already on earth. the DHD was working perfectly.
                      Yeah, you're right. i realized that about an hour after i posted.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                        Yeah, you're right. i realized that about an hour after i posted.
                        dont worry i do that all the time hehe

Comment

Working...
                        X