This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cthulhu mythos in season 10

If there's a season 10 do you think the show can use the Cthulhu mythos?

The what?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Heck no, Cthulhu is realy mega boring all angst stuff.
      Thats more BSG style, but even for them it would be to depressing and insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        The what?
        Think H.P. Lovecraft. The Old Ones.

Comment

would be nice if they covered the gilgamesh mythology maybe link it to a device to fight the ori. fwiw gilgamesh is an epic story found on cuiform tablets (oldest writing) its a pre flood story of a half man half god hero who fights the gods and wins

Comment

Does anyone have a link which explains this stuff
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

for my post just google gilgamesh and hit the archeology sites. you will also find it mixed in with a lot of sites that cover the nephilim/fallen angel/aliens/sons of god. its really good mythology and ive always wondered why tptb never even touched on it.

Comment

It would probably end up as a fallen ancient story or something ehich they kind of touched up in Seaon 5's Ascension.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I've always wanted to see SG-1 go up against Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath and all the rest (they even have their very own sunken city and a whole bit about Antarctica), but I don't think it will ever happen. *sigh* I did a fic about it once, but it wasn't a very good one. Still fun to write, though.

I don't think TPTB are into Lovecraft. And I don't think they could ever possibly do justice to Lovecraft's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    I've always wanted to see SG-1 go up against Cthulhu, Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath and all the rest (they even have their very own sunken city and a whole bit about Antarctica), but I don't think it will ever happen. *sigh* I did a fic about it once, but it wasn't a very good one. Still fun to write, though.

I don't think TPTB are into Lovecraft. And I don't think they could ever possibly do justice to Lovecraft's stuff.
                    For starters, SG-1 would never scream and run away, while the red shirts died of horror and Daniel read a bit of the Necronomicon he really shouldn't have.

Okay; Daniel would read the bit of the Necronomicon that he shouldn't have, but then they'd find a way to kick Azathoth's arse, because they're SG-1 and compared to SG-1 even the Great Old Ones are only so-so.

I've also written a few Lovecrafty fanfics - mostly deep one based - but no full-fledged SG-1 vs Cthulhu or anything.

There's a sex shop in Soho called Lovecraft; the mind boggles!
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

It might be difficult. Didn't J. Michael Straczynski use some of that material for Babylon 5? I think the move Thirdspace specifically referenced Lovecraft, but the themes also appeared in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000
                        If there's a season 10 do you think the show can use the Cthulhu mythos?
                        Only, and I STRESS ONLY, if they played "The Call Of Ktulu" at some point in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                          It might be difficult. Didn't J. Michael Straczynski use some of that material for Babylon 5? I think the move Thirdspace specifically referenced Lovecraft, but the themes also appeared in the series.

Yes he did. Also Joss Whedon with Buffy and Angel.

Comment

Can someone please explain Cthulhu(what it is exactly)..... i got a headache when i just tried to pronounce the word and it still hurts.... so im looking forward to reading what it means
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

yeah, how do you pronouce that...see-thulthu? see-tulhu, see-thulhu, ack...

Sg1 probably'd do better dipping thier lovely toes into the myth of the Fallen Angels. wait...X-files already did that...
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X