This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient teleporter/Thor's Hammer?

I couldn't help but to find it interesting, that the Ancient teleporter looked a lot like Thor's Hammer. I would like to know other opinions on the matter, was Thor's Hammer created after the Ancient transportation device, or is it the other way around. The similarities were too great, not to notice, yet another possibility that technology, earlier assumed to be the creation of another, like the ring transport system, could in fact have first been invented by the Ancients.

Originally posted by JanusAncient
    I couldn't help but to find it interesting, that the Ancient teleporter looked a lot like Thor's Hammer. I would like to know other opinions on the matter, was Thor's Hammer created after the Ancient transportation device, or is it the other way around. The similarities were too great, not to notice, yet another possibility that technology, earlier assumed to be the creation of another, like the ring transport system, could in fact have first been invented by the Ancients.
    what Ancient Transporter Device, please be more specific

Comment

the only ancient transportation device we have seen is the rings and the closets on atlantis which are just a different style of rings, the asgards transportation technology is a beam type, they are actually nothing alike

Comment

I am speaking of the teleportation device seen in the episode "Babylon." That transported the Sodan across the planet. The one they were trying to get the codes for, so they could go and find Mitchell.

Comment

I am speaking of the teleportation device seen in the episode "Babylon." That transported the Sodan across the planet. The one they were trying to get the codes for, so they could go and find Mitchell.
          they never showed how it worked but since they said it was a "gateway or portal" i'd say it would probably be more like the furling device from "paradise lost"

Comment

We will see, I still believe it to be more similar to Thor's Hammer, than anything else, given its appearance. Gateway, or portal, could translate as merely a bridge between two points.
            Last edited by JanusAncient; 10 September 2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

And in the end, that thing will get rid of the Ori

Comment

Dangit, I haven't seen that one yet! could you please try using the spoiler tag?

Comment

Working...
                X