This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie Thread

Since the film has recently been released on DVD i want to start this thread up again and ask what everyone thought of the movie and if it was good or not.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

It was a good movie, but I found myself laughing before the jokes as I almost always knew what was going to happen

Still not sure if this movie is funnier if you´ve read the books or if you haven´t.

Comment

even though I read he books I still found myself aughing. Expecially at Marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
        Since the film has recently been released on DVD i want to start this thread up again and ask what everyone thought of the movie and if it was good or not.
        Ooh has it been released everywhere? I hadn't heard about the DVD release yet?

The movie was IMO very funny the only problem I had was with the missing bits and the sugary sweet portrayal of the Trillian/Arthur relationship. Oh not enough of the Book (eg the book being read within the film).

Um, this could of been done in the original thread couldn't it?

PS. Metarock Sam you need to empty your PM box! I tried to respond to your message in my rep couldn't.
        Last edited by Willow'sCat; 10 September 2005, 05:11 AM.

Comment

yeah but thats old and i couldnt be botherd to go and get list in a mountain of posts looking for it. BTW i got my copy with a free Marvin mug .

Comment

Loved, and liked the additions.

To dislike the movie because it's not like the books is not in th spirit of Hitchhikers, since every version of it so far has been contradictory; the Radio series, the TV series, the books, the movie, and the towel.
            You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
            And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

I got half-way through it and nearly died of boredom

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I've never read the books but I went to see the movie. I thought it sucked. It wasnt even that funny! I brought my friends along and they didnt like it much either. I dont think they will ever go to a movie I reccoment anymore.
                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I thought it was great, but they missed out a lot of things and included a lot of things, like the towel, pan galactic gargle blaster.

And we needed more guide entries.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Funny thing is a read the book and bought the movie in 2000 but it was the old crappy bbc one lol this one was much better
                    My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

I thought it was a bit disappointing...
                      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Im sure they do mention Pan Galactic Gargleblasters in the film cos you see Zaphod mixing a drink and then the guide voice says something about the pan galactic gargleblaster. I have to admit that the film needed more of the guide in it. However it was still great. Also the towel is definalty mentioned because during the credits they have a guide reference in which it explains that Arthur saying 'I wouldn't go anywhere without my precious towel.' causes two races on the brink of war to take on an invasion fleet to earth. They travelled far for millions of years until they reached the planet and due to a miscalculation in size were eaten by a small dog. Philosophers expert in finding out the meaning of life in the universe say this kind of thig is happening all the time.

Comment

But it wasent in the film, only the TV series.
                          LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

What bit?

Comment

The big war thing that looked like a arcade game.
                              LOVE HIM-> DT

Comment

Working...
                              X