No announcement yet.

Babylon (908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh yes Mitchell at work was another good thing. Glad to see it. Carter was geeking it in the background. It just didn't work. We don't need to see her fail... it would ruin her image.n

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

i fell kind of alone i liked this ep nothing impront happened i guess but i still found it insething

Comment

oh, and I thought it was amusing that the Military (who I’m a big fan of BTW) is again shown as the great humanitarians (never leave a man behind) while the civilian observers are shown as the selfish Bstrds only interested in money, money, money. Irony that makes me happy.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Sci-fi channel goofed. It's not the season finale. It's the season hiatus.

I kinda liked the episode. A little "The Warrior"-esque. I liked the rapport the Jaffa and Mitchel had going on toward the end.

Who was thinking this when the Jaffa guy came forward to say he seeks retribution for the slain Jaffa was his kin? "Gee, didn't see that coming!"

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh

I kinda liked the episode. A little "The Warrior"-esque. I liked the rapport the Jaffa and Mitchel had going on toward the end.

Who was thinking this when the Jaffa guy came forward to say he seeks retribution for the slain Jaffa was his kin? "Gee, didn't see that coming!"
            I liked the way they filmed the fight better in The Warrior.
            And yes, it seemed quite obvious that Jaffa A was Jaffa Bs brother.... probably because they look like brothers.... probably because they actually are brothers.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Time for my critique of Babylon:

SierraGulf1's Episode Evaluation of "9.08: Babylon"

I'll start by saying that while it wasn't a great episode, it was not horrid as some people say it was. I enjoyed seeing some action from Mitchell and while a tad on the boring side, I didn't find it hard to watch. I was kind of saddened that we haven't really seen the team work together yet, though I'm crossing my fingers for The Fourth Horseman, since it is a big episode that will requrie the team. Unfortunately, looks like they're separated in that one too, though.

The Prior didn't get to do much except stand around and look freakish, but we'll be seeing him later on.

I'm not really seeing the team care for each other. Earlier on on Stargate they felt unified, which is why I'd come to love the show. They just seem too apart. No Sam in episodes 1-5, and Teal'c and Mitchell were also shoved into the background. Beachhead had them working togetherish, but not really communicating. Ex Deus had them split up, and so did Babylon. Prototype is looking the same way. While I'm liking each episode as a story, and I'm liking all of the characters, I'm not seeing these characters interact any longer. Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel have had time to develop, as did Landry, and tonight Mitchell, but I'm not seeing them interact. Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c have been through a lot, where's the love? By the way, I'm just stating this now, nothing against this episode in paticular.

That's my only beef with season nine. As I said, the episodes as episodes are great. Speaking of characters, my usual character evaluation:

Mitchell finally got some character development, which I like. I think it may be a bit to early to be speaking lightly of Teal'c to his face, but I think Teal'c can bear with it. I like that he's determined to fight despite the fact that all seems lost, which is a character trait that is emphasized a lot with Mitchell. He seems insightful and sometimes more "deep" than he lets on when he's with SG-1. I kind of liked him in this episode.

Carter... Did Amanda Tapping get lost? We missed her enough in the first five.

Daniel still seems bitter over missing his ride to Atlantis. Ever since Beachhead Daniel has seemed a bit off to me. I'm hoping next week he'll be more Daniel. I'm hoping next week the team will be more of a team, too. Blargh.

Teal'c was noble and good, not much changed with him. I liked him, but there's just not much to say about him this time.

Landry is like Teal'c. Didn't hate him in this ep or anything, there just wasn't much Landry to see.

I like the Sodan plotline. I hope (and know due to spoilers) that we'll see more of them, I just hope the episode is a little more exciting.

I understand this review seemed a little negative, but that one minor detail has been off this season so far and I had to get that out. I still like the show and I'm hyped for next week's back-to-back, especially The Fourth Horseman.

I'm afraid Atlantis was a tad bit more exciting tonight, though, so here's how the episodes stand in my mind, best to worst (keep in mind I liked them all):

Avalon Part 2
              The Powers That Be
              Beachhead
              Origin
              Babylon
              Avalon Part 1
              Deus Ex Machina
              The Ties That Bind

Cheers.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Other than possibly "Beachhead," this is my favorite episode of Season 9. I really don't know why I like it, I just know that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm glad we got to know Mitchell a little better, and I enjoyed the Sodan storyline.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

That episode was..okay. It's good to see a *real* return to Stargate roots as far as episode style, and it's good to see Mitchell get an actual major part in an episode since the premeire. But....it didn't really seem like character development so much. We know so little except Mitchell except he's a regular guy with extraordinary willpower (Like 75% of male lead characters in scifi).

And that guy being the brother was extremely predictable. The whole thing was awfully predictable actually...replace 'Ori' with 'Gu'ald' and you've got five or six earlier Stargate episodes.

I'd still like to see the playing field evened up a bit more between the Ori and earth.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh

This episode was so-so, not great or awful just ok.
                    I liked the banter at the beginning, Mitchell imitation, Teal'c rolls his eyes and Daniel's comment 'need more bass'. and Walter's line at the end.
                    I'm hoping for more an actual team Episode in the future though.
                    Last edited by Sprinkles; 09 September 2005, 06:41 PM.
                    AncientsTimeline

Comment

I liked this episode, because it was an introduction to the "Fourth Horseman." Mitchell, had much to do, and to learn, in the attempt to achieve his goal, of making the Sodan see that the Ori are not gods. This was meant to introduce the Prior, that will face off against Orlin, an Ancient.

We learned of Ancient personal cloaking devices, transportation systems unlike ring transporters, capable of transporting people across a distance, that would take months to travel on foot. All in all, this episode gave an idea of what the rest of the season might have in store. The Ancient transport system looked a little like Thor's Hammer, that was extremely interesting.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.

I have never been interested too much in the Jaffa Council... except for Gerak because he is a bit - crazy... but the Sodan are very interesting. I look forward to new storylines with them.

Tony Todd did a great job as a leader.

I enjoyed the Teal'c-arc and Mitchell-arc in this episode.

I was happy to see Daniel not doing much. We saw alot of him in Avalon to The Powers That Be. It's nice to see him being out of the major picture.

I was also happy to see Carter not doing too much. We saw a huge dose of her in Beachhead and Ex Deus Machina.

Given this is only the beginning of the Season (as last year's 8th ep was Covenant... not exactly an 'eventful' episode ), I await some real action in the mid-season break and near the end of the season.

Comment

I liked this episode better than the SGA ep that followed. Am I the only one who kept thinking "Candyman, Candyman, Candyman"???

Comment

lord-anubis i fell kind of alone i liked this ep nothing impront happened i guess but i still found it insething
                            That makes 2 of us.

Sure, it didn't live up to fight scenes such as in The Warrior or Sam's hand to hand in Emancipation, but I give it an ok. A little too Trekish an ending, but hey.

And what happens to the brother who faked his death now that his own brother returns from SGC? I didn't hear him promise to, well, anything; keep mumm on his brother's deceit (Cain and Abel, anyone)? And won't he need tretonin? Two handsome kinsmen. And what IS it with jaffa leaders? Are they all pigheaded and/or power hungry, yet so ready to bow to yet another set of beings with "a bag of magic tricks?" as Mitchell said. Too bad. An interesting glimpse of a goa'uld free culture that still seems to want gods to follow. Hope we get a better peep at them again.

Chiefly so Carter can do her thing and figure out the personal invisibility gizmo. Dr. Lee seems quite brilliantly useless in the figuring out department. Has he ever really?

Over all, a fair ep. Curiously unoriginal combination of plots, but anything that gives more layers to Mitch has got to help down the road. He's no giver-upper, manages to communicate ideas (and apparently good will) and has his own pain style (a nod to the RDA Virtual Partyers). Leadership, well, it's coming. But he also seemed to be speaking through clenched teeth or jaws; was that on purpose since he'd been trounced several times? I hope so, so that we can listen to him without struggling next time.

Oh, and ex-X-files guy, he does spooky so well. He'll be back.

Teal'c looked good, but the interrogation as mentioned above, was a effective as his interrogation of the captured Anubis drone. Daniel looked good, too. Sam looked good. Caroline looked good. Ok, good looking ep.

And good ol' Gerak must be giving up other Jaffa worlds to the Ori, ya think?

Just sayin'.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I seem to follow the general concensus. I liked the ep but it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. I liked the Mitchell stuff but I'd like to finally see the team work together as a TEAM at some point. A fairly average ep.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode and the introduction of the Sodan.

Comment

Working...
                                X