Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Carter thread - For complaints about the character ONLY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Carter thread - For complaints about the character ONLY!

Last few seasons shes been whiney all the time, she just says the same technobabble every ep and the character in general is just becoming so one-dimensional. The whole Pete Chanahan thing was just a waste of good air time. Season 9 carter so far has just made me even more disgruntled with the character.

The writers need to bring something new to the character she brings nothing to stargate anymore. Daniel seems to have a new lease of life this season and I'm starting to see him as having a more defining role in stargate and for me hes carrying the show.

Hopefully now that the actor has a child she will want to leave stargate so she can spend some time with her like RDA did.
    Last edited by Gary83uk; 06 September 2005, 04:56 PM.
    Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
    Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
    Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
    Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
    Jack: Never run with scissors?

I agree somewhat up until the end... You're referring to her daughter as 'it'. That's very rude.

I agree that Sam isn't that good of a character anymore (having it been more focussed on her personal life and such), but you're kind of bashing Amanda Tapping and that's a no-no.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Your right, I'll change it to "her", I wasnt sure whether she was a boy or girl..thus it :s
        Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
        Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
        Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
        Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
        Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Over the last few seasons, so called fans have become whiney and one-dimensional in bagging characters, and even crossing the line into bagging the actors. Season 9 has made even more disgruntled with these 'fans'.

[sarcasm]
          Daniel has become quite annoying this season, speaks way too fast and the first 5 episodes should probably have been renamed the 'Daniel Jackson Show' Please give us the old Daniel back or 'maybe he'll leave the show to spend time with his children'[/sarcasm]

If these fans dont like the show anymore, perhaps they can FOAD and leave us in peace.

That is all.

Comment

She's only been back two episodes.

Give her a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Over the last few seasons, so called fans have become whiney and one-dimensional in bagging characters, and even crossing the line into bagging the actors. Season 9 has made even more disgruntled with these 'fans'.

[sarcasm]
              Daniel has become quite annoying this season, speaks way too fast and the first 5 episodes should probably have been renamed the 'Daniel Jackson Show' Please give us the old Daniel back or 'maybe he'll leave the show to spend time with his children'[/sarcasm]

If these fans dont like the show anymore, perhaps they can FOAD and leave us in peace.

That is all.
              Well this is an Anti-Carter thread so it would go without saying that the comments would be anti-Carter. I didnt dig the Pete thing either very, very poorly done IMHO. And Gemini...dont even get me started on the idocy of Sam and, in fact, all characters in that ep, Im suprised the Asgard are even still talking to us after that. I wish TPTB would just leave personal lives personal, and let our characters be smart again instead of dumbing them down so the enemy has a chance, again just MHO.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'll say this, I'm Anti: Season 9 Carter. My complaints...she's not around enough... Ok, that's a bad complaint, um....well, ok, I'm Anti:Romanticly Shipped Carter. e.g Pete.

That's better.

Mostly, I'm seeing her hair going back to normal so, I'm happy.

Yep. I'm that shallow.
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I would like to see more of Sam. I agree with some of the sentiments from the original poster, but I am willing to see her acting/performance in future episodes.
                  Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                  Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Kids

this is the anti-carter thread. Thus, those of you that like and support the character need to take your positive comments to another thread.

Those of you that have issues with the character and wish to post negative comments, post them here....but only comments about the character. Leave the actress out of it
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gary83uk
                      Last few seasons shes been whiney all the time, she just says the same technobabble every ep and the character in general is just becoming so one-dimensional. The whole Pete Chanahan thing was just a waste of good air time. Season 9 carter so far has just made me even more disgruntled with the character.

The writers need to bring something new to the character she brings nothing to stargate anymore. Daniel seems to have a new lease of life this season and I'm starting to see him as having a more defining role in stargate and for me hes carrying the show.

Hopefully now that the actor has a child she will want to leave stargate so she can spend some time with her like RDA did.
                      I've gotta agree with SOME of this.
                      Carter's char is WAY too overloaded. I've said this on other threads and I'll say it again. It's impossible.
                      SHe'e what 35?
                      SHe's a trained pilot, with 100 hours or more of flight time, she's an expertmarksman, done advanced hand to hand combat training, an air force officer, has a phd in physics and astrophysics, apparently has advanced training in computer science and life science.
                      That is more than any one person can hope to accomplish. Bear in mind that it takes 10+ years to GET a phd, let alone use it.
                      Carter, imho, suffers from this 'need' for female sci-fi chars to be kick ass.
                      Look at McKay, typical geek. He's slightly overweight, he's not tough, he can't fight or shoot. He's got one thing going for him, his large brain.
                      But, Carter couldn't be that, without a lot of complaining, from equal rights groups and such. So she has to be able to shoot, fight oh, and she's a genius.
                      She's too perfect and that's what giving some fans dissatisfaction with her character.

Comment

I agree with Lightsabre, and I, even, happen to be a S/J shipper.

She is too perfect. Why does every male on the show have to think she's hot, not counting Gen. Hammond, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c?

She is also an expert of too many things in too many areas.

I find it ironic that I love McKay because he is geek. He looks, acts, and is a geek. There is a price to pay for brillance. Sam doesn't pay that price.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
                          I agree with Lightsabre, and I, even, happen to be a S/J shipper.

She is too perfect. Why does every male on the show have to think she's hot, not counting Gen. Hammond, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c?

She is also an expert of too many things in too many areas.

I find it ironic that I love McKay because he is geek. He looks, acts, and is a geek. There is a price to pay for brillance. Sam doesn't pay that price.
                          Thank you. And not just for agreeing with me!!!
                          I agree, brillance has a cost and Carter just doesn't seem to pay it.
                          Also, I'm not anti-carter, I just wish they'd write her more like the S4/S5 Carter than what she's become, and make her just alittle bit realistic.
                          I like Carter, it's just this that frustrates me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                            I've gotta agree with SOME of this.
                            Carter's char is WAY too overloaded. I've said this on other threads and I'll say it again. It's impossible.
                            SHe'e what 35?
                            SHe's a trained pilot, with 100 hours or more of flight time, she's an expertmarksman, done advanced hand to hand combat training, an air force officer, has a phd in physics and astrophysics, apparently has advanced training in computer science and life science.
                            That is more than any one person can hope to accomplish. Bear in mind that it takes 10+ years to GET a phd, let alone use it.
                            I think you will find that the character is supposed to be mid - late 40's. She would have to be to have done all the things she has. She has spent 9 years on SG1, 1 year Daniel was on Abydos, 2 years before that with a team trying to get the gate to work, add those 12 years to all she has done before. 2 years at the pentagon flight/combat training college etc 6-8 years.You are talking 20 years plus,no way is she still in her 30's.
                            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

10 years for a phd??
                              Try 2-5 for a full timer.
                              Many schools offer straight to PHD programs.

But the point is made that she has been there and done that. She is above the self-actualization tier.
                              Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                              Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Working...
                              X