X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi's invasion of the B movies

http://www.nynewsday.com/entertainme...anheadlines-tv

A wild title, a lurid poster, madcap action, makers who've proved their genre mettle many times over - what else could a B-movie need to become a cult fave? Distribution might help. And in these post-drive-in days dominated by corporate multiplex theaters, where can auteurs of indie popcorn flicks show their stuff?

Sci Fi Channel isn't just classing up its act with critically lauded dramas like "Battlestar Galactica." It's also getting down with feature cheese, running refugees from the big screen.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Oy
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

"Pterodactyl" got a 2.6 rating??

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        "Pterodactyl" got a 2.6 rating??
        double double Oy
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I don't really get the whole B movie thing. ( Just out of curiosity, does B stand for bad?) I like bad movies every now and then but my taste is more akin to Invasion and Amanda and the Alien. I don't get this whole "Man with the Screaming Brain" thing. It's not as if the scifi channel has to try to make bad movies. They do just fine without the effort.

But how are we ever going to motivate them to make decent movies if Pterodactyl get's such good ratings? oh well. I give up. There's just no hope. I didn't think it could go down from their previous films but man with the..... yadda yadda and Frankenfish are new lows. Who comes up with these titles anyway? Mansquito??

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

B stands for 2nd rate
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              thanks.
              2nd Rate is giving these movies a lot of credit. I don't think they're quite that good.
              I suppose they are C or D movies then I wouldnt know the UK Scifi channel is vastly different to the US one but they dont air SG so I dont watch it
              love Torri

Comment

thanks.
                2nd Rate is giving these movies a lot of credit. I don't think they're quite that good.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

two words....

hey! mansquito!

ugh!
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Is everyobody ready to watch the All-Bruce cambell- all the time- does everything-Man with the Screaming Brain?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                      Is everyobody ready to watch the All-Bruce cambell- all the time- does everything-Man with the Screaming Brain?
                      No, but I do like Ted Raimi so I might peak at it for a sec for that..... ok, maybe not even for that. Sci fi channel stinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X