X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans And Freaks: The Culture Of Comics And Conventions

http://www.filmthreat.com/Reviews.asp?Id=7672

There’s a lot of documentaries about fandom and the inherent “geek” factor of it all. Some are good, some bad. This is one of the good ones. It handles the positive sides of comic book and toy collecting, anime clubs, “Star Trek” fans and conventions, and some of the downsides (e.g., lack of hygiene and people who can’t tell the difference between fantasy and reality), but it does all of this with respect.

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Yeah, it's a funny thing that. Reporters going to Cons for a story usually tend to go for the guys in costume to provide a bit of "colour".

I've been interviewed twice by the same newspaper, Scotland On Sunday. Once at the 1992 Glasgow Comic Art Convention (I wasn't "in costume" that time), then again at Continuum 2001: The Scottish Star Trek Convention (when I was. First Contact style uniform with waistcoat, black leather trenchcoat, sunglasses). On neither occasion did any piece about the con feature in the paper.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
    X