This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Scifi Series

Yep I think Star Trek the Original will be most peoples... well most of us older peoples... was there any sci-fi series on TV before Star Trek?

EDIT: I should have waited 5 min to post. This is qasimjavid's thread.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Q. What was the first Sci-fi series you saw?

My answer is Star Trek: The Original Series
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

The first one I remember seeing was the original Battlestar Galactica, which came on right around the time I was 8 or 9. I didn't see Star Trek until much later.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        This is qasimjavid's thread.
        Dam right it is j/k its not your fault
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Uau, u guys actualy remember! Me i don't really recall which, but it's either Star Trek TNG, Star Trek TOS or Space:1999. (reruns all)
          Does "The milion dolar man" (the one with the bionic guy) count as SF? Or "Knight Rider" (KITT). Coz if they do it was one of those...
          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Boy, I forget. So I'll take a guess. Star Trek: TNG
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by @Li3n
              (reruns all)
              Same here I am too young to have watched TOS first time?
              love Torri

Comment

Star Trek: TOS was my introduction to sci-fi.

I hasten to add that I saw it in reruns, as I was born long after the last first-run ep was aired.
                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Been into scifi in one form or another so long that I can't remember what exactly my first taste of scifi TV was, though I can remember getting addicted to Thunderbirds as a kid.

In terms of 'new'(at the time) stuff, well New Adventures of Superman(with Dean Cain) doesn't count as scifi though Babylon 5, which came in a few years later certainly does.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    Same here I am too young to have watched TOS first time?
                    Well tehnicaly they weren't reruns coz it was the first time they were shown in my country!
                    Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Star Trek TNG is the first I can remember. Although I think the Incredible Hulk may also have been in reruns at that time as well. Of course I've now had to rewatch TNG lately because I forgot the episodes I saw when I was a kid.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The first scifi series I remember are both Twilight Zone and Outer Limits in 1961.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Star Trek: TOS was my first... I'm not that old though... I watched afternoon reruns...
                          Followed by BSG:TOS and then Buck Rodgers... I think...

But when I was kid I watched everything that had space ships... I wasn't hard to please... and not much has changed.

Almost forgot about Space 1999... I remember watching it... but I don't seem to remember too much about it.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                            But the one I actually do remember seeing was the Original version of Battlestart Galactica. I was sooooo in love with the kid who played Apollo's son (Noah Hathaway - I think that was/is his name). I also had a thing for Apollo.
                            I liked Dirk Benedict/Starbuck...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              Q. What was the first Sci-fi series you saw?
                              I vaguely remember watching Star Trek: The Original Series with my mom when I was very little, even by then though I think it had already been cancelled so it was reruns some where.

But the one I actually do remember seeing was the Original version of Battlestart Galactica. I was sooooo in love with the kid who played Apollo's son (Noah Hathaway - I think that was/is his name). I also had a thing for Apollo.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X