Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: isn't it about time we get better weapons of daedalus an prometheus

Originally posted by jsw
    with all the advances we have made building those ships. the countless worlds we have visited. we can't come up with better weapons systems for our battlecruisers and attack fighters
    no we cant

what do you suggest?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

with all the advances we have made building those ships. the countless worlds we have visited. we can't come up with better weapons systems for our battlecruisers and attack fighters

Comment

i gess not

Comment

When are they going to build a mothership, since the Daedalus is a battle cruiser, an Earth mothership, accompanied by three Daedalus class ships, I want to see this more than new weapons, but new weapons would be nice.

Comment

By new weaons, i suppose you mean energy weapons to replace the nukes they get shot down, countermeasures inplaced, the energy absorbed off them....
          DAMN nukes suck on a galactic scale! I would of thought they would have retrofitted some Al-kesh guns onto the Prometheus by now and beefed them up a little making them a ha'tak powered blaster (do they have real names...?)

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

We should:
            1) Try and convince the Asgard to give us weapons.
            2)Hope the Furlings left begind something good.
            3)Beg the Asgard for weapons.
            4)Build faster, better warheads.
            5)Hold Thor to ransom for weapons.
            6)Build a Mass-driver (really, really big Rail gun)
            7)Hold Thor to ransom then beg for weapons.
            You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
            And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

exactly we need some kind of energy weapon system, the daedalus is a joke .
              it is a cargo vessel with very little weaponery. I guess the writers think it would make the show to much like star trek if we were able to build energy weapons

Comment

Personally, I think everything is fine as is. I mean, what's wrong with your ship fire aimlessly at no target in particular while your crewmen whine about how you're quickly losing shield power and need to recharge? If any of you have a better way to fight people in space, then I would like to hear it.

Serioulsy, though, has the Prometheus or the Deadelus ever managed to shoot down ANYTHING? It makes you wonder why they have any guns at all.

Comment

Lol, I doubt the last one would work...

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                    Serioulsy, though, has the Prometheus or the Deadelus ever managed to shoot down ANYTHING? It makes you wonder why they have any guns at all.
                    ROFL
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Lol, I think you are right... I don't remember it shooting down anything. Maybe a couple gliders... It took out the Wraith ship with an Asgard weapon, not even a gun.

Owen Macri

Comment

Nope I clearly rember it shooting down an ak'leash in season 8 not sure what epp but i know it shot one down and relitivly quick. Also owen that was the dudleus that took out the 3 hive ships in the seage pt.3 with beaming teck and the clocaked jumper took out the 4th hive ship.

Edit: oops thought this was promie weapons we were talking about. The dudilus shot down a few darts in sege pt.3 and thats about it. But then a m249 SAW will take out a dart so thats not much of an acomplishment is it.
                        Last edited by silent101; 04 September 2005, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I say they take the blueprints for that "ground equivalent to the Ancient satellite" the Atlantis team found in "TRINITY" and equip the Daedalus with some of them. There is no way you are going to tell me they didn't get the blueprints on that thing before it went supernova, not when the Daedalus had been hiding in orbit above the planet with Asgard scanners, no way and if they didn't then the people who wrote the script should be shot I didn't care what kind of reasoning they try to pull there is no way the military wouldn't have scanned that thing, no way. And don't even think of saying that having that weapon would ruin the story line because it wouldn't.
                          Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                          O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                          We are the Ancients

Comment

remember the alkesh are weak remember in avalon when mitchell shot down one with an f-302, so i think that we are fine at it is the only thing is to do not make it like star trek well im tired of that who cares as long as its cool and the audience like it well i wouldnt mind some energy weapons from the asgard or any race as long as it kicks some ass. But the best thing would be if we get some new weapons on our own i mean u guys remember in atlantis episode condemend when shepard'd team brought a scientist to atlantis and he was pritty smart and i think that mckay and zelenka and everyone in atlantis can make a new weapon they are definetly more smarter now and know how to deal with more advanced tech that is all im well and every1 else i suppose is wating for that we build new weapons. Like even if its not energy based as long as they are fast like rail guns except bigger blasts and can actually damage the hull i mean the daedalus can fire everysingle railgun shots at one target of a wraith hive ship lets say and it wouldn't realy do that much damage so we need better weapons the daedalus is only good when its realy close to the other ship so then it can shot the nukes, but i was also thinking y cant mckay and zelenka fit the daedalus with an invisibilty cloaking jumper thing i mean they fitted the atlantis city and the daedalus is smaller. Also this is what i picture lets say in a season finale that u guys kno that sg-1 is like a little behind always on the episodes and atlantis is like more to the future by weeks or so, and o well i dont kno y i would put this but anyways spoilerspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerspoilersspo ilersspoilersspoilerspoilersspoilersspoilers
                            spoilerspoilersspoilersspoilers
                            spoilerspoilersspoilersspoilers NOT REALLY MAYBE LOL
                            well like i was saying in later episodes in sg-1 earth has the new daedalus ship the oddyssey and ethon i think not sure about that one but anyway and it is concluded that at the rate earth can build a daedalus ship in 6 months but not totally ready for in the upcoming episode the oddyssey is not finished but attends sg-1 u kno to beam them out of trouble since the prometheus is not their, but they dont say y who knows ori messed it up who knows and anyways by season finale we kno that vala is coming back and that the ori come again so maybe this time with ships and we will have by the season finale episode 20 about 5 ships lets see:
                            1: Prometheus If its fixed
                            2: Original Daedalus
                            3: Oddyssey
                            4: Ethon
                            5: Other unkown daedalus name
                            6:Atlantis aurora hopefully operational orelse doesn't count
                            7: I hope another daedalus lol the more the merrier
                            8:Asgard maybe
                            Oh yea and also like i had said before sg-1 is always behind schedule and atalntiis ahead so in their season finale we kno that more hive ships are coming it said a fleet and the ones that came before the 12 were a squadron so imagine a fleet 20 lol well and geni are back so ah well and yea well lets say that the earth shisp fight with ori ships right we fight them and lets say we get out of the fight as we always do we are good guys and then atlantis needs help but hey all the ships are helping earth and all humanoids and other lifeforms on the milkyway unless by then they are fixed and then its ok but what if not i prefer that and like lets say they send just one the daedalus original representin and so its 1 vs 20ish & plus makes it exciting and shileds collapsing atlantis and then who knows hopefully the alliance isnt the genii and some new or other people come to help
                            with ships
                            maybe
                            aurora
                            ancients
                            and yea lol what u people think
                            sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Originally posted by vandred
                              remember the alkesh are weak remember in avalon when mitchell shot down one with an f-302, so i think that we are fine at it is the only thing is to do not make it like star trek well im tired of that who cares as long as its cool and the audience like it well i wouldnt mind some energy weapons from the asgard or any race as long as it kicks some ass. But the best thing would be if we get some new weapons on our own i mean u guys remember in atlantis episode condemend when shepard'd team brought a scientist to atlantis and he was pritty smart and i think that mckay and zelenka and everyone in atlantis can make a new weapon they are definetly more smarter now and know how to deal with more advanced tech that is all im well and every1 else i suppose is wating for that we build new weapons. Like even if its not energy based as long as they are fast like rail guns except bigger blasts and can actually damage the hull i mean the daedalus can fire everysingle railgun shots at one target of a wraith hive ship lets say and it wouldn't realy do that much damage so we need better weapons the daedalus is only good when its realy close to the other ship so then it can shot the nukes, but i was also thinking y cant mckay and zelenka fit the daedalus with an invisibilty cloaking jumper thing i mean they fitted the atlantis city and the daedalus is smaller. Also this is what i picture lets say in a season finale that u guys kno that sg-1 is like a little behind always on the episodes and atlantis is like more to the future by weeks or so, and o well i dont kno y i would put this but anyways spoilerspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerspoilersspoilersspoilersspoilerspoilersspo ilersspoilersspoilerspoilersspoilersspoilers
                              spoilerspoilersspoilersspoilers NOT REALLY MAYBE LOL
                              well like i was saying in later episodes in sg-1 earth has the new daedalus ship the oddyssey and ethon i think not sure about that one but anyway and it is concluded that at the rate earth can build a daedalus ship in 6 months but not totally ready for in the upcoming episode the oddyssey is not finished but attends sg-1 u kno to beam them out of trouble since the prometheus is not their, but they dont say y who knows ori messed it up who knows and anyways by season finale we kno that vala is coming back and that the ori come again so maybe this time with ships and we will have by the season finale episode 20 about 5 ships lets see:
                              1: Prometheus If its fixed
                              2: Original Daedalus
                              3: Oddyssey
                              4: Ethon
                              5: Other unkown daedalus name
                              6:Atlantis aurora hopefully operational orelse doesn't count
                              7: I hope another daedalus lol the more the merrier
                              8:Asgard maybe
                              Oh yea and also like i had said before sg-1 is always behind schedule and atalntiis ahead so in their season finale we kno that more hive ships are coming it said a fleet and the ones that came before the 12 were a squadron so imagine a fleet 20 lol well and geni are back so ah well and yea well lets say that the earth shisp fight with ori ships right we fight them and lets say we get out of the fight as we always do we are good guys and then atlantis needs help but hey all the ships are helping earth and all humanoids and other lifeforms on the milkyway unless by then they are fixed and then its ok but what if not i prefer that and like lets say they send just one the daedalus original representin and so its 1 vs 20ish & plus makes it exciting and shileds collapsing atlantis and then who knows hopefully the alliance isnt the genii and some new or other people come to help
                              with ships
                              maybe
                              aurora
                              ancients
                              and yea lol what u people think
                              I like but to add to my other post also add the "ground equivalent to the Ancient satellite" to Atlantis, teach the Wraith a lesson...
                              And here is the weapon for any one who doesn't know what I am talking about:
                              Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                              Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                              Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                              O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                              We are the Ancients

Comment

Working...
                              X