PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Earth Ship Discussion Thread #SPOILERS#

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Janus
July 3rd, 2004, 03:12 AM
The Prometheus has Asgard weapons and shields,
but why doesn't she also carry an Asgard cloaking device ?

I also wonder about the F-302:
Why is didn't they steal a few cannons from crashed Deathgliders and add them to the weapons ?

And finally there's the X-301:

Further phases probably would have seen large numbers of the craft produced, but the ship is a hybrid.
Where were they going to get the needed Deathgliders from ?

Bogopimp
July 3rd, 2004, 03:23 AM
personally i have never seen an asgard cloaking device in action :P

the cannons from deathgliders suck, they cant aim for beans! notice in lost city part 2, the 302's instant knock out several goa'uld ships because they have weaponary which actually "aims" for something!

I dunno about the 301, but i am agine they would have backward engineered it before and could create there own death glider from scratch bythat time!

aAnubiSs
July 3rd, 2004, 04:07 AM
It's easy to make the Glider Cannons hit, make them turreted.
The BC-303 has limited power output, so it can't power 2000 systems.
The F-302 will suck until they figure out how to make liquid naquadah, so they can dump the turbines. Infinite fuel > hyperspace IMO.

PYRO
July 3rd, 2004, 04:37 AM
They only have like a 2 pairs of Glider Cannons from Apothes' mothership. I never heard that the Prometheus has Asgard Sheilds and weapons. Weapons? That cant be right cuz in The Lost City Part2 they said ''All ordenece expended''.

Mio
July 3rd, 2004, 04:54 AM
They only have like a 2 pairs of Glider Cannons from Apothes' mothership. I never heard that the Prometheus has Asgard Sheilds and weapons. Weapons? That cant be right cuz in The Lost City Part2 they said ''All ordenece expended''.
Watch 'Disclosure'

Spoilers, Disclosure because obviously Pyro didn't see the end.....

...Thor drops by and saves the SGC, he also drops off the present of 'asgard shields and weapons'

PYRO
July 3rd, 2004, 05:15 AM
They have nothing on it on GateWorld, but the picture reminds me of an episode that I saw when Thor beams in and said says: '' It is perferable that General Hammond/USA runs the StarGate''.

aAnubiSs
July 3rd, 2004, 05:33 AM
- You came by just to say that?
Thor: And to install Asgard designed shields and weapons on the Prometheus...

Elitenova
July 3rd, 2004, 07:06 AM
They do have an asgard weapons. Remember in the lost city, the Prometheus was shooting the gliders and Alkesh with their blue asgard beam weapon called Asgard Antiship beam. They expended the their ordance is because they need the power for the shields they need to use to ram Anubis's ship

aAnubiSs
July 3rd, 2004, 07:19 AM
They do have an asgard weapons. Remember in the lost city, the Prometheus was shooting the gliders and Alkesh with their blue asgard beam weapon called Asgard Antiship beam. They expended the their ordance is because they need the power for the shields they need to use to ram Anubis's ship

Well they weren't beams, and I say they weren't Asgard. They were simply AA-Guns, standard US Military style.

hail_jack
July 3rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
Although its early stages for the Tau'ri I think they should try a couple of things:

a) Steal a couple of Hatak's
b) study them-get the Tok'ra to provide details of it under their Treaty
c) Visit Tollana with a couple of ships-see if anyone is alive; if not check out what's left
d) Steal some Gliders-ask the Asgard for info on their propolsion (spelling) systems
e) Get Felger's gun working
f) Re-design Prometheus..its hella ugly

aAnubiSs
July 3rd, 2004, 08:44 AM
Looks has nothing to do with it atm.

SGSlugger
July 3rd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Although its early stages for the Tau'ri I think they should try a couple of things:

a) Steal a couple of Hatak's
b) study them-get the Tok'ra to provide details of it under their Treaty
c) Visit Tollana with a couple of ships-see if anyone is alive; if not check out what's left
d) Steal some Gliders-ask the Asgard for info on their propolsion (spelling) systems
e) Get Felger's gun working
f) Re-design Prometheus..its hella ugly

1. Be kinda hard to do :p
2. The treaty is kinda a dead fish in water
3. Tollana is a long way off. Anubis probably scoured the planet clean
4. We're too young. :p
5. No comment
6. I kinda like the look of Prometheus...it looks like something that we would design now. It looks like a bully compared to the streamlined Galaxy-class enterprise.

Teal'c
July 3rd, 2004, 01:56 PM
Well they weren't beams, and I say they weren't Asgard. They were simply AA-Guns, standard US Military style.
I'm not familiar with AA-guns, but do they fire blue bolts of energy? Because that's what the Asgard weapons were doing in Lost City *holds up DVD* :P

Elitenova
July 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
that's what I told them. If Felger plasma torpedo was working it would be called Faser short for (Felger Anti-ship energy ray)

aAnubiSs
July 4th, 2004, 12:28 AM
I'm not familiar with AA-guns, but do they fire blue bolts of energy? Because that's what the Asgard weapons were doing in Lost City *holds up DVD* :P

and the next second they look yellow.

SGSlugger
July 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM
that's what I told them. If Felger plasma torpedo was working it would be called Faser short for (Felger Anti-ship energy ray)

Forget Felger -- I'd want more of what the Asgard have. Heck, some how equip the prommie with those golden squid things from the Ancient outpost.

DownFallAngel
July 4th, 2004, 01:51 PM
personally i have never seen an asgard cloaking device in action :P

The cloaking device, is not like the Romulan Cloacking Device from startrek, where it actually makes the ship invisibile, by sight and sensors. I think the asgard just have a device that blocks sensors. I remeber thor saying something about it to Major Davis and the SGC. Davis was like "We never detected an alien vessel orbiting Earth." and THor was like "Um....Asgard Clocking device blocks most sensors" or something to that extent.

Janus
July 5th, 2004, 07:43 AM
What about replacing Prometheus' hyper-drive with an ion drive ?
That might get her going again.

Ugly Pig
July 5th, 2004, 07:54 AM
What about replacing Prometheus' hyper-drive with an ion drive ?
That might get her going again.
What do you mean? Last time we saw it, the Prometheus was working just fine...

Janus
July 5th, 2004, 08:05 AM
What do you mean? Last time we saw it, the Prometheus was working just fine...

Yeah, right. Working fine my Nik'ta.
She had to travel in short hops and her weapons proved to be lot less effective then I'd hoped against the alien ship.
Plus, lets not forget what happened in 'The Lost City'.
All and all, I think Prommie needs more work.

Could somebody please add a spoiler warning to the title of this thread.
I have no idea how to do it.

Rhydderch Hael
July 5th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Oh, puhleeze.

It was Jack (in "Fair Game"), not Major Davis, who said that Earth had telescopes and other stuff that can detect ships in orbit. Thor simply says that Earth sensors have never been able to detect Asgaard ships before.

No cloak, just an implication of stealth technology.

The X-301 was most likely a technology demonstrator and an emergency stop-gap measure until they could improve upon their own starfighter design (the 302).

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 12:52 PM
It would be cool to see a fleet of X303s.

Teal'c
July 5th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Yeah, right. Working fine my Nik'ta.
She had to travel in short hops and her weapons proved to be lot less effective then I'd hoped against the alien ship.
Plus, lets not forget what happened in 'The Lost City'.
All and all, I think Prommie needs more work.

Could somebody please add a spoiler warning to the title of this thread.
I have no idea how to do it.
Yes, they need to build a new hyperdrive, but the Al'kesh's hyperdrive is fine as a stopgap measure. The Serrakin Ion drives are iffy in the region of FTL travel (though, they really should be able to...)

And what happened to it in Lost City? It survived a massive beating from Anubis' Ancient-ified weapons? I think it faired very well for a ship about 1/20th the size of a Ha'tak...

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I think those were basic Goa'uld main cannons, seen on any type of mothership. With the asgard shields in place, they really stood a good chance of doing something to counter Anubis' offensive. I think the Ancient technology must be powered by the EYes of Ra or w\e that thing, they were looking for in Full Circle was. I beleive they gave the extra power Anubis needed to fire those/that gun.

Teal'c
July 5th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I think those were basic Goa'uld main cannons, seen on any type of mothership. With the asgard shields in place, they really stood a good chance of doing something to counter Anubis' offensive. I think the Ancient technology must be powered by the EYes of Ra or w\e that thing, they were looking for in Full Circle was. I beleive they gave the extra power Anubis needed to fire those/that gun.
Remember WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in Season 5 when Anubis kicked the Tollan and Thor's asses with his weapons...? :P

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 03:44 PM
That was a regular mothership with modified shields. Both blocked the ion cannons and the asgard weapons. That is, until Fraye introduced the O'Niel class.

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 06:16 AM
That is, until Fraye introduced the O'Niel class.

It's O'Neill class, and the design was introduced in season four. "Small Victories" by Thor.
The ship was build to fight Replicators, not Goa'uld.

aAnubiSs
July 6th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Yes, they need to build a new hyperdrive, but the Al'kesh's hyperdrive is fine as a stopgap measure. The Serrakin Ion drives are iffy in the region of FTL travel (though, they really should be able to...)

And what happened to it in Lost City? It survived a massive beating from Anubis' Ancient-ified weapons? I think it faired very well for a ship about 1/20th the size of a Ha'tak...

You say BC-303 is around 12.5m?=)

Since an Ha'tak is around 250 :)

I'd say that the BC-303 is around 125-150m

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Watch out ! Spoilers !
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!
In 'Grace', Carter said that Prometheus was about 10 times the size of an Al'Kesh.

DownFallAngel
July 6th, 2004, 06:53 AM
It's O'Neill class, and the design was introduced in season four. "Small Victories" by Thor.
The ship was build to fight Replicators, not Goa'uld.

I know when it was introduced, I just meant like introduced to the Goa'uld, not just the Tau'ri. But yea, they were used to fight the replicators, but then again they were the most advanced ship design the Asgard had ever made. Even Fraye said that they far surpassed the normal Asgard mother ship. Now if only I had a transcript.

Teal'c
July 6th, 2004, 07:01 AM

250 m? That's a tad on the small side! :P

And yes, Anubis' ships had modified shields and weapons, hence how he blew up Thor's ship :P

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 07:03 AM
What about building 'normal' ships ?
Since most of Atlantis is water, a sub would be nice to defend the place.
A full sized sub-wouldn't fit through the Gate, so they'd have to be armed mini-subs.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Anubis is just too powerful for anyone! Muwahaaaaa! :D

DownFallAngel
July 6th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Anubis is just too powerful for anyone! Muwahaaaaa! :D

I think we all know by now, that Anubis is the man.

aAnubiSs
July 6th, 2004, 07:25 AM
250 m? That's a tad on the small side! :P

And yes, Anubis' ships had modified shields and weapons, hence how he blew up Thor's ship :P

well I saw that figure on some website, with a detailed process on how they came up with that figure. And since it's the only size I've seen mentioned that's the one I'm using.

One could check Maternal Instinct and take the size from the landed Ha'tak and see how many Jaffa it takes to get the radius.'

How big do you think a Ha'tak is then?

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Well, In 'Double Jeopardy' we learned that Cronus' ship could carry up to one thousand Jaffa.
And that seemed to be standard Ha'tak-class vessel.
So they have to be pretty big.

DeLancey
July 8th, 2004, 11:39 PM
The problem with death gliders is they have one each each wing so they're too spread out, no wonder they can't hit anything :P.
The 302's would probably be fitted with something similar but more centerline [like most current aircraft and their cannons]. Hell, I'd be keen to see an avenger strapped on, see how them gliders feel about some 30mm trinium-enhanced DU :D. If you've no idea what I mean think A-10.
Osiris's ship blasting Thor's ship? I got the feeling it was 'old tech' for the Asgard, especially when three 'O'Neill'-class ships turned up [churned them out fast didn't they ;)] and Thor would've fitted the latest shields on the Prometheus after we saved their asses, again.

Col_Lake
July 9th, 2004, 02:38 PM
*drool* A-10 cannons on a F-302....

ahem, anyhoo. back to the X-303
Since Thor mentioned fitting asgard designed shields AND weapons, i presume it has at least one asgard beam weapon thingo (blue white shots). As for other weapons i spose guns like AA guns or salvaged Goa'uld guns would be used (orange shots)

And I'm pretty sure the expended ordnance thing was about the F-302s - they can only carry about 4 missiles rite?

aAnubiSs
July 9th, 2004, 02:49 PM
We haven't seen any Asgard Beams:>

BringerOfLight
July 9th, 2004, 04:46 PM
well I saw that figure on some website, with a detailed process on how they came up with that figure. And since it's the only size I've seen mentioned that's the one I'm using.

One could check Maternal Instinct and take the size from the landed Ha'tak and see how many Jaffa it takes to get the radius.'

How big do you think a Ha'tak is then?

I'm afraid they're incorrect, no matter how they came up with the figure. 250 meters is the size of a wet navy cruiser, not small to be sure but not large enough to fit all of the systems the Prometheus has. If you multiply that by five it might be more believable, but I don't know by how much. And just for the record, the Goa'uld Mothership is 6.5 kilometers long front-to-back.

override367
July 9th, 2004, 08:33 PM
AFAIK the Prometheus was using standard AA cannons (think CWIS) AND Asgard designed blue beam thingies in "Lost City", they seem to have loaded it down with no shortage of firepower.

Due to the pounding they were getting, I doubt they could divert hardly energy to the energy weapons, as every spare volt was going to shields.

and on Thor's ship getting destroyed by Osiris, I would wager the ship didn't even have full power up on their shields, it wouldn't be the first time the Asgard superiority mentality bit them in the ass. Furthermore, it was probably the Asgard equivilent of a science vessel, certainly not a battlecruiser. The Asgard were so arrogent (in their own, cute little way) that they probably assumed a science vessel would always be more than a match for a Goa'uld attack.

The prometheus seems to have been fitted with Asgard "combat" shields, like their battlecruisers have (although, probably weaker due to a less powerful energy source)
just my 2c

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 07:16 AM
The blue things were problably just tracers. I believe they exist IRL too.

immhotep
February 12th, 2005, 09:45 AM
We haven't seen any Asgard Beams:>
yes we have when the asuard ambused the replicators we saw a load of them!

Keffler
February 12th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Courtesy of Donnie_Darko

Weapons : (?)
Missile (?) - The X303 carries a number of missiles for offensive and defensive means. Since this ship was designed by the United States Air force, standard missiles and armaments are available for ship use. They would have to be augmented to be used in space, with different warheads and with anti-Goa'uld systems.

There would be long range missiles used in orbit to bombard planets or to hit targets at a long distance, short range missiles meant to be used against ships or ground forces. Depending on the force needed a standard warhead or Naquadria/Naquadah enhanced can be used. They can be equipped with shield frequency modulator to penetrate shields of ships. The X303 has six rear and four front missile tubes. This gives it excellent front and backfiring arcs. (611-Prometheus, 713-Grace)

Point Defense Weapons (?) - These weapons are primarily used as defensive means. The X303 carries Anti-Aircraft guns for close range defense and to target ground targets. It is unknown what type of weapon is used in this system could be a standard AA gun, a rail gun design or even energy based weapons. Tracers are frequently used to track weapons fire. Most are mounted on turrets to give it wide firing arcs and the ability to track targets. (722-The Lost City Part 2)

Energy Weapon (?) - The X303 is equipped with weapons based on Asgard and Goa'uld designs. They are most likely bolt type weapons of plasma or other charged particles.

Jamming Weapon (?) - A Goa'uld system jamming that can block the control signal used by most Goa'uld control devices. (715-Chimera)

Shields (?) - The shields on the X303 are based on Asgard designs and are made to withstand Goa'uld weapons. In order for the shields to be effective, they need to be kept constantly charged. The shields are also responsible to keep the ship together, and to deflect particles at high sub-slight speeds. Also, the effectiveness of shield in an atmosphere is less than in space. (722-The Lost City Part 2)

Pormetheus against Hatak

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship
Winner Prometheus
*****I am using a final version of the BC-303, full hyperdrive, shield and weapons capabilities. This includes the addition of energy weapons and full power from the reactors.******

In a one on one fight with a Ha’Tak ship, the Prometheus wins easily. As we seen, an attack from a distance of slow moving missiles is not effective; the other ship has time to take out our missiles. Therefore, we will be using our own energy weapons and Asgard weapons at close range. The energy weapons being developed are based on Goa'uld designs so they would be on par weapons wise. However, due to our superior shields and the Asgard weapons we would last longer with out major damage

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders
Winner Prometheus
Same stats. As above, the battle will take more time because of more targets our missile defense would take out most of the gliders before they come into range. We would have light damage.

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support
Winner Prometheus
Same as above, the Prometheus would have heavy damage.

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support + Command Ship
Winner Goa'uld, major damage to support ships and destruction of most gliders
Some damage to the Ha'Tak, no damage to Command ship
Same stats. However, due to the extra fire power from the Command Ship we would be taken out by sheer force.

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship
Winner Prometheus, no damage

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders
Winner Prometheus, light damage

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support
Winner Prometheus, light damage, loss of fighters

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support + Command Ship
*Winner Prometheus, major damage or destruction of ship due to suicide run loss of all fighters
*Winner Goa'uld, loss or damage to all glider squads and major damage to Al'Kesh and Ha'Tak light damage to Command Ship.

http://www.stargate-tech.net/starships/earth/x303.htm

Dimensions Unknown. Scaling work is in progress. Suggests length of ~150-200 meters currently

Steam
February 12th, 2005, 11:06 AM

The Prometheus is WAY bigger than that look at this pic compared to the prom and daniel

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/843463/prom.jpg

That is way more than 150m and that doesnt even show you the whole ship

Deathshot
February 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
The SGC should goto the Asgard and ask for ships bigger then a anubis' mothership.

Keffler
February 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Prometheus looked very small coming out the bunker in 'Prometheus' compared with Jack, but i cant find any pictures.

aAnubiSs
February 12th, 2005, 11:32 AM
yes we have when the asuard ambused the replicators we saw a load of them!

Those were bolts, not beams.

aAnubiSs
February 12th, 2005, 11:33 AM
The Prometheus is WAY bigger than that look at this pic compared to the prom and daniel

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/843463/prom.jpg

That is way more than 150m and that doesnt even show you the whole ship

Why quote a reply made in July?

We now know that a Ha'tak is aprox. half a mile. I've seen estimates around 630m. A BC-303 is probably half the size of a Ha'tak, which is put it in the 250-300m size. Using windows are always better when scaling.

Personally I still think the BC-303 should be around 150 meters, but almost all writers go with "omg a space ship that is a billion miles long is very powerful".

A Ha'tak is 650ish, if we trust Asgard-displays the Asgard Science Vessel was marginally larger then the Ha'tak, around 700-750m perhaps. When seeing The O'Neill compared to the Prometheus the O'neill looked atleast 10 times longer, and that was with the BC-303 being closer to the camera. I doubt the Asgard would go and build vessels around 3,000 meters, which according to Atlantis VFX Supervisor is the length of Atlantis, atleast their CGI model.
Why can't TPTB just release such information and make it easier for us fans...

Keffler
February 12th, 2005, 11:37 AM
The SGC should goto the Asgard and ask for ships bigger then a anubis' mothership.

The Asgard would never just give us a ship, probly would help us develope one but never just give us one. What would happen if it got damaged, we'd have to go to the Asgard for repairs all the time.

Those were bolts, not beams.

I think he just got confused because i have never seen a race use beam weapons on SG1.

aAnubiSs
February 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I think he just got confused because i have never seen a race use beam weapons on SG1.

5x01 - Enemies.

Keffler
February 12th, 2005, 11:43 AM
must of missed that bit.

immhotep
February 12th, 2005, 12:35 PM
5x01 - Enemies.
i didnt get confused - what have u got against me? and we have seen beams in the form of asguard tractor beams - when promethius is ' towed' by the beliskner they used tractor beam to draw the prometius in and clamp it to the ship

aAnubiSs
February 12th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Have against you? you said we saw beams vs the replicators. That's wrong, it has nothing to do with personal feelings at all.

immhotep
February 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM
ok sorry

Steam
February 12th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Why quote a reply made in July?

How bout because the thread came up and when i read your post i didnt really care when it was said, i just wanted to make a point :P

Keffler
February 12th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Will they develop a BC-304 anytime soon?

Steam
February 13th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Its still in debate weather(sp?) the BC-304 is the daedalus or not

Keffler
February 13th, 2005, 08:57 AM
grrr when will they make some pictures of it. grrr

immhotep
February 13th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Its still in debate weather(sp?) the BC-304 is the daedalus or not
the deadalus isnt the x-304; the x-304 will be a new breed of vessel, not a reproduction of the promethius. the x-303 fleet will have to be ready and fully operational before they spend cash on designing a new range of ships.

Keffler
February 13th, 2005, 09:20 AM
the deadalus isnt the x-304; the x-304 will be a new breed of vessel, not a reproduction of the promethius. the x-303 fleet will have to be ready and fully operational before they spend cash on designing a new range of ships.

We have no proof that it is not the X-304, they may have designed a new ship simply to fit all there new gadgets. But it may just be another BC-303.

YAY, post 200

Steam
February 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Ya true but whats to say this isnt a new type of ship its a sistership after all not a brother ship lol

immhotep
February 14th, 2005, 06:22 AM
when did i brong family ties in to this

Steam
February 14th, 2005, 07:17 AM
well thats just how they refer to ships the daedalus IS the sistership so it would look different as a brother and sister would look where as a brother would stil be different but have the same features, seeing as the male gender would coincide with each other did that make sense? :eek:

Tauri_Space_Project
April 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
*light spoilers for Atlantis s1 and S2*

Since atlantis will probably recieve a zpm from the dadelus what technology and knowledge do you think can be incorporated into future earth ships?

TechnoWraith
April 13th, 2005, 04:29 PM
A cloaking device would be a good start. As well as some decent shielding.
Some weapons could include an incorporation of the Ancient Drone weapons, or even (a far fetched one) a beam similar to the Wraith Culling beams (it could be used to get teams off a hostile planet or something. This one's not really a weapon, more of a function. But it could also be a weapon: By modifying the energy frequency or type of energy emitted by the beam, that energy can be destructive or harmful in some way.)

Tauri_Space_Project
April 13th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I think a cloaking device would be perfect for the x-303's. Imagine a fleet of 20 of those de cloaking around a couple hataks destroyin it before it has netime to respond

aAnubiSs
April 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Lets see. I'm gonna go with what I think are "realistic" upgrades within 5-10 years, unless I specify another time table.

1.Goa'uld Cloaking device. I don't want it to be too advanced so that no one can detect them.
2. Replace the larger missile launchers with large rail guns. Keep the smaller ones used in Full Alert. In a decade or three replace all missiles with inertia less-missiles.
3. Keep the CIWS-railguns, don't replace them with energy weapons.
4. Add a sub-routine to the Asgard transporters. Much like the GDO. Using your GDO-code will instantly send out the "beam me upp scotty"-signal.
5. Replace belly-mounted weapon-arrays with Al'kesh turrets.
6. Four(Two on each side, belly/spine mounted) medium energy weapons on the "nacelles".
7. The obvious change from Solid-fuel engines to Ion Drives. They might already be on the Daedalus though.
8. Inertia less-engines added to support the Ion drives. Much less sofisticated then the Goa'uld versions though.

Obviously upgrades in reactors, sensors and power distrubution when avail.

Might've forgotten a few of my ideas in haste.

I DON'T want Ancient weapons or shields added. We can't be invincible 10 years after we found out we're alone when other races has gone 10,000 years. I don't care if we got Atlantis, some tech have to be too advanced for us to figure out. My interia less-missiles would be a low-tech version of the drones. Non-neural control of course.

Oh, if you haven't figured it out I really HATE they added Asgard shields, engines and supposedly weapons. Makes us too powerful then we should be after 10 years.

Tauri_Space_Project
April 13th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I agree with you about keeping some shield penetrable missiles but because we have to fight an uphill battle against technologically advanced foes, i think that its imperative to remove as many of the conventional weapons and add energy weapons to bring down the shield. And also wats ur reasoning on using large railguns, id only keep them for use against small fighters

aAnubiSs
April 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM
The amount of kinetic energy a rail gun can inflict is awsome. The Replicators used kinetic energy to penetrate Asgard-shields in order to capture their ships.

The projectiles could have Goa'uld frequence-technobabble-things on them to go right through Goa'uld shields. If they added those the Ha'tak hulls would be dominated. Plasma is hard to keep dense, a problem you don't have with solid projectiles. Missiles, especially nuclear ones, are also ineffective because there's no blast wave.

Think about it. Launching a projectile vs plasma:

Projectile: Introduce an electric current to accelerate the projectile.
Plasma: Insert gas into a chamber, heat it, compress it, contain it, introduce an electric current.

A rail gun is a much more power efficient weapon, and since we still have very primitive reactors we're gonna need all that energy to sustain the shields.

From what we've seen in Ha'tak combat they usually stop moving completely, giving us the perfect opportunity to aim.

blueguy w/thehand
April 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Plasma weapons are annoying to me.

SG-4MarineLeader
April 14th, 2005, 12:36 PM
The Prometheus doesn't have rail guns yet. In Seige, Everett said that the rail guns they brought were originally supposed to replace the CIWS guns on Prometheus. Those seemed like small antifighter and small ship weapons. It might be a good idea to replace the missiles with railguns 5 times the size of the ones in Seige, so they can do damage to capital ships. The Prometheus and now Deadalus have Asgard engines, transporters, an unknown weapon or weapons, and shields which survived against Anubis's super mothership. Both ships also have crystal computer tech like that of the Goa'uld.

The sensors of both vessels and future vessels of the Deadalus/Prometheus class and other classes will need more powerful sensors. Some sort of long range communications system would be helpful as well.

Supreme Thor
April 14th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure this would help any, but I think we should get some Ancient technology installed. I mean, the laptops in Atlantis can only hold...what? 7-9% of all the info in the city? Imagine if we plugged that info into the Prometheus or the Deadalus!

If we could somehow get all the tech info from the Ancient databases, we could create a whole fleet (maybe even a new type of ship) that would be effective against the Wraith.

But that's just my speculation...:D

Baal45
April 14th, 2005, 03:03 PM
what earth ships need are big guns what are designed to bust through sheilds in one shot. think massive rail guns like the MAC guns from halo. these might not be able to fit on the BC-303 due to size. However, once earth starts building mothership size ships thi type of weapon is perfect for it.

Wandering Tamer
April 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I don't think we could incorperate Ancient tech into ours just yet because it's so advanced. I think we should stick with Go'auld tech. As of "The Rising" we haven't been able to even intergrate our technology with the Ancients, so ancient tech is completely out.

TechnoWraith
April 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I don't think we could incorperate Ancient tech into ours just yet because it's so advanced. I think we should stick with Go'auld tech. As of "The Rising" we haven't been able to even intergrate our technology with the Ancients, so ancient tech is completely out.

Heck, we're having enough trouble getting the Asgard stuff to work on a regular basis. Some of the technologies we're trying to use are so advanced it's not funny. Though we're making progress, Naquadah based technologies are still suffering hiccups (like the Prometheus's Naquadah hyperdrive).

tony
July 11th, 2005, 12:22 PM
After seeing that in Atlantis there is an Asgard adviser on the Dedalus (how ever u spell it sorry) is that going to be like the way startrek had to have 1 Volcan on each ship of the Federation. If so I think its a good idea but it might make the shows less intresting in a way.. because think of HOW advanced the Asgard are and there minds are just crazy compared to us.. I know the writers wont do it but technicly speaking every time they have a problem they can just look over there sholder and say ( to the asgard) what should we do? and he/she will come up with this crazy elaberate way to solve problem..

Soo just wondering.. i think it would be great though and now that from what we hear about Season 9 SG-1 how the US is putting more money towards Phormethus class Starships It would be awsome if they made it a rule that a Asgard Advisor be on any Earth made Warship

oragans
July 11th, 2005, 12:32 PM
It would be useful but i think they have there own problems to deal with.

Seastallion
July 11th, 2005, 12:40 PM
After seeing that in Atlantis there is an Asgard adviser on the Dedalus (how ever u spell it sorry) is that going to be like the way startrek had to have 1 Volcan on each ship of the Federation. If so I think its a good idea but it might make the shows less intresting in a way.. because think of HOW advanced the Asgard are and there minds are just crazy compared to us.. I know the writers wont do it but technicly speaking every time they have a problem they can just look over there sholder and say ( to the asgard) what should we do? and he/she will come up with this crazy elaberate way to solve problem..

Soo just wondering.. i think it would be great though and now that from what we hear about Season 9 SG-1 how the US is putting more money towards Phormethus class Starships It would be awsome if they made it a rule that a Asgard Advisor be on any Earth made Warship

Okay... first off, the Federation did NOT have a Vulcan on every spaceship. In the TOS, there was only one Vulcan in all of Starfleet, and he was on the Enterprise. Later on the Vulcans were scattered all over the place at Random. There was one ship that had an all Vulcan crew. Vulcans are just one of the many member species of the Federation. They aren't that special. Particularly, they aren't more advanced than humans, just different. They really especially aren't like the Asgard-smart in relation to humans. They'd also be very below the Asgard in terms of intelligence, and technology.

Secondly, Hermiod is a special case. He is on board the Dadealus as the Navigator (and he probably has other roles, but that is his primary job). The ONLY reason he is there, is because of Atlantis. It's REALLY far away, so they need the best navigators they can get. It is extremely unlikely that any more Asgard will be stationed on other Earth ships anytime soon.

Thirdly, they aren't "Prometheus" class ships. They are "Dadealus" class ships. The Prometheus was a prototype, not a class-setter. It was a test-bed for new alien technologies, that was pressed into service because of neccessity. The Dadealus is the first fully realized Starship of the Line. It is it's own Class, and the ships coming after it will be of the Dadealus class, not redux's of the Prometheus.

:) Besides all that, yeah, I agree it is cool to have an Asgard on Atlantis. ;)

Colonel Sharp
July 11th, 2005, 01:27 PM
It also could be that since the Asgard were allies of the Anceints they probably know more about ancenit tech. than our people in atlantis. He could find and explain all the unfound technology in Atlantis.

da_hippie
July 11th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Is having Asgard help on our ships really that great? Think back to Disclosure and Memento - the Asgard give us some nice new weapons and shields for our ship, both of which go down on its next journey. Also, why give us weapons when whenever we try to fly anywhere, it goes wrong and catapults us somewhere else due to the instability of Naqaudria, surely they could have done something about that.

Also, the Prometheus' shields were still unable to stand up to many weapons, making teh Asgard's help even less useful.

And don't forget that the Asgard have accomplished very little during the first 8 seasons other than recruting our help to do various things.

Seastallion
July 11th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Is having Asgard help on our ships really that great? Think back to Disclosure and Memento - the Asgard give us some nice new weapons and shields for our ship, both of which go down on its next journey. Also, why give us weapons when whenever we try to fly anywhere, it goes wrong and catapults us somewhere else due to the instability of Naqaudria, surely they could have done something about that.

Also, the Prometheus' shields were still unable to stand up to many weapons, making teh Asgard's help even less useful.

And don't forget that the Asgard have accomplished very little during the first 8 seasons other than recruting our help to do various things.

I think you have your events somewhat confused. That screwed up trip because of the Naquadria was with a human built hyperdrive... not the later Asgard Hyperdrive the Prometheus (and later the Dadealus) got. The shields have actually done a pretty good job. They've stood up against Anubis super ship's weapons. They've also withstood a completely unkown alien attack. I haven't seen the weapons do much yet, but I imagine this friday we'll get to see some Asgard weaponry on the Dadealus. :)

Wandering Tamer
July 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
besides, the Asgard who goes might get to see Atlantis and some ancient technology. That alone might have it's appeal to the Asgard. And Sam did say the Deadelus had more advanced tech intergrated into it.

Qasim
July 12th, 2005, 02:50 AM
You have to remember that they arent really that smart SG1 has saved them numerous times

MarshAngel
July 12th, 2005, 05:57 AM
You have to remember that they arent really that smart SG1 has saved them numerous times
I agree with that. I don't think it's that the Asgard as a race are smarter, it's that any single Asgard likely has thousands of years of knowledge and experience. This fact is also their downfall. Having the same minds to work with over thousands of years isn't exactly the impetus for new ideas and progress so their alliance with humans is probably the best thing that has happened to them in a couple thousand years. By helping us they save themselves and vice versa.

I don't think we need to see any more Asgard than we already do involved in Earth affairs. I think if we see them too often they might just get a little dull.

tony
July 12th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Okay... first off, the Federation did NOT have a Vulcan on every spaceship. In the TOS, there was only one Vulcan in all of Starfleet, and he was on the Enterprise. Later on the Vulcans were scattered all over the place at Random. There was one ship that had an all Vulcan crew. Vulcans are just one of the many member species of the Federation. They aren't that special. Particularly, they aren't more advanced than humans, just different. They really especially aren't like the Asgard-smart in relation to humans. They'd also be very below the Asgard in terms of intelligence, and technology.

Secondly, Hermiod is a special case. He is on board the Dadealus as the Navigator (and he probably has other roles, but that is his primary job). The ONLY reason he is there, is because of Atlantis. It's REALLY far away, so they need the best navigators they can get. It is extremely unlikely that any more Asgard will be stationed on other Earth ships anytime soon.

Thirdly, they aren't "Prometheus" class ships. They are "Dadealus" class ships. The Prometheus was a prototype, not a class-setter. It was a test-bed for new alien technologies, that was pressed into service because of neccessity. The Dadealus is the first fully realized Starship of the Line. It is it's own Class, and the ships coming after it will be of the Dadealus class, not redux's of the Prometheus.

:) Besides all that, yeah, I agree it is cool to have an Asgard on Atlantis. ;)

Hey buddy im no Startrek Buff as you are but let me tell you something.. the Newest Startrek Series (being the first Human ships of Startrek going into space) the female Volcan that was on the ship said the first show of the first season that it would be Protical for a Volcan to be on EVERY Human ship... soo SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

and besides your devating from what im accually talking about... and im just ASKING if than on all the Dadealus CLASS ships will all have an Asgard in them! thats alll buddy RELAX! :)

July 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM

Agreed. For those who are confused, look at it like this. The USS Enterprise was the first nuclear powered aircraft carrier, CVN-65. The USS Nimitz, CVN-67 was the class setter and now has I believe around 10 ships in it's class. Each one, of course, is somewhat newer and better than the last. The hull designs aren't even identical, that got changed along the way too. But to date, all the subsequent carriers have been considered part of the Nimitz class.

Seastallion
July 12th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Hey buddy im no Startrek Buff as you are but let me tell you something.. the Newest Startrek Series (being the first Human ships of Startrek going into space) the female Volcan that was on the ship said the first show of the first season that it would be Protical for a Volcan to be on EVERY Human ship... soo SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

and besides your devating from what im accually talking about... and im just ASKING if than on all the Dadealus CLASS ships will all have an Asgard in them! thats alll buddy RELAX! :)

:p LOL ;) Maybe my post seemed a little more 'excited' than I meant it to be. I was just trying to be informative... not anal. :D :p

On ST: Enterprise, there was only one Vulcan on a Starfleet vessel there too... There were other Starfleet ships (just no Warp 5 ships), and none of them had any Vulcans on board. Also, when they finally commissioned the second Warp 5 ship, it didn't have a Vulcan either. It was a rare thing. ;) The only reason T'Pol stayed, was because Capt. Archer asked her to.

'meanwhile, back on stargate'... :p No, I believe that Hermiod is a very special case also. He will act as a Navigator (humans having very little experiance navigating intergalactic space) and might serve occaisonlly in other roles, but it's only because of Atlantis. The rest of the Earth ships will very likely not have any Asgard at all. :)

Seastallion
July 12th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Agreed. For those who are confused, look at it like this. The USS Enterprise was the first nuclear powered aircraft carrier, CVN-65. The USS Nimitz, CVN-67 was the class setter and now has I believe around 10 ships in it's class. Each one, of course, is somewhat newer and better than the last. The hull designs aren't even identical, that got changed along the way too. But to date, all the subsequent carriers have been considered part of the Nimitz class.

Though the more recent ships have improvements, they still follow the basic construction plan of the Nimitz. The changes are considered too minor to justify an entirely new class of ships. I think in the future though, they will probably have to make a new class of ships. Especially if they start using EM Rail Catapults, and Rail-guns. Along with other improvements. :)

July 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Though the more recent ships have improvements, they still follow the basic construction plan of the Nimitz. The changes are considered too minor to justify an entirely new class of ships. I think in the future though, they will probably have to make a new class of ships. Especially if they start using EM Rail Catapults, and Rail-guns. Along with other improvements. :)

Oh, they will. No doubt about it. I was just making a parallel between the Enterprise/Nimitz and the Prometheus/Daedalus situations. Actually, I belive they have now started construction on the 10th and final Nimitz class carrier, CVN-77, which is, itself, something of a hybrid to the CVX carriers.

The next generation of carriers are going to be really awesome, IMHO. The design is being made such that we may still have carriers built to that basic design in operation at the end of the 22nd century, meaning they will have been in production for almost 150 years! (at least according to one site I found).
Here's a nice article on them at Popular Mechanics. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1281161.html) Some of the features being looked at.

Steam catapults (6% efficient) replaced with electromagnetic ones (70% efficient.
Nuclear steam engines replaced with turbine-electric powerplants driving superconducting electric motors
Much more Stealthy
Smaller and faster

But, eh, we digress.

Seastallion
July 12th, 2005, 10:31 AM
smaller?? *winces* Who wants a Carrier to be small??? :S

When I think of Carrier's, I think of very large and impressive ships. smaller... :(

I like the other improvements though... :D

July 12th, 2005, 01:03 PM
smaller?? *winces* Who wants a Carrier to be small??? :S

When I think of Carrier's, I think of very large and impressive ships. smaller... :(

I like the other improvements though... :D

Well, smaller doesn't necessarily mean small. They're still likely to be quite large. But smaller does mean they'll cost less (compared to what they would if they weren't smaller) to operate and build. It also allows them to be faster and more manuverable (or shall we say, less UNmanuverable), definitely a plus (not that 50 mph for something that large is slow).

They also are looking at cutting the crew down from 3500+ on the Nimitz class to 2500 or so (both numbers don't count the air wing).

Um, the island and control towers are being replaced with two smaller buildings that don't have as much of a radar signature which makes it stand out less on radar. The windows that were in the control tower would be replaced with large displays.

Oh yeah, and one of the biggest changes will be the electrical system being rebuilt with a much higher capacity one that can handle all the modern electronics that the older ships can't. Also there's talk I think of wiring them with fiber optics through the ship as well.

I think that covers most of it, or at least what's set and determined. The first ship should start production next year, but it's really still going to be something of a hybrid. The first TRUE next gen carrier won't be purchased until probably around 2009 and will enter service I think around 2018. :-(

Lots of cool stuff.

!Dorentus!
July 12th, 2005, 06:14 PM
An asgard on every ship sounds like one of the best rules I've ever heard of, but I have doubts that a race like the asgard are going to 'baby-sit' us when it comes to the stuff on Daedalus that is out of our mental range on every ship. Why is the Asgard coming on Daedalus to Atlantis? Well, who wouldn't? there's no race that we know of that matches the Ancients tech and Hermiod probably thinks he can find a solution to the asgard's reproductive problems and a whole lot more. And he's probably a nice guy willing to help us out like most of the Asgard are.

-I think it would be cool if the wraith somehow find out about the Asgard (maybe when we hail a hive ship, they see Hermy) and really don't like the Asgard since without there tech they would have won and we have an episode where Hermy finds a solution to his reproductive problems in the Ancient database and the wraith try to sabotage the progress of his research or maybe destroy his research on his way back to Ida to try it out.
Who knows? maybe we see a little asgard emotion from Hermy?
One more thing, maybe someone could help me out is there a Hermiod in Norse mythology somewhere?

tony
July 13th, 2005, 05:00 AM
yah but you see something just doesnt play out right in my mind for why Hermiod would just hitch a ride to atlantis on the Daedalus when the asgard could just send one of there ships to atlantis is probley shorter time than the Daedalus is taking to get there. so thats why i was thinking maybe they will place a asgard on all the Daedalus class ships till we get things down on our own but who knows...

DAL SHAKKA MEL
July 16th, 2005, 08:53 AM
*Spoilers* Seige 3
In seige three Col. Cadwell told Mjr. Sheppard that the asguard had refused to give us wepons for the dedalus because they could be used against them, but I seam to remember in SG-1 it being said that the promie was outfited with asguard wepons. Was I wrong or was this a major plot hole?

briguy213
July 16th, 2005, 01:10 PM
maybe you miss understood and they actually said shields.

Wass
July 16th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I can’t recall exactly what was mention in SG-1 if the asgard do provide us with weapons they would quite old by asgard standards.

greytop
July 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I recall that in S6, Disclosure; Thor said that he was there supervising the installation of Asgard shields and weapons on the Promtheus. The Asgard hyperdrive and beam came later.

Giantevilhead
July 16th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Thor said that he was going to install Asgard designed weapons and shields so for all we know those railguns are the weapons the Asgard gave to the Daedalus.

Qasim
July 17th, 2005, 04:57 AM
The daedalus has asgard weapons but they arent fully functional so that we dont use them against the asgard in the siege pt 3 originally we couldnt beam bombs onto other ships

Ohper
July 17th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember it being said that the Prometheus was given Asgard-designed weapons systems. Two possibilities I can think of:

1. The railguns are "Asgard-designed weapons", but still not powerful enough to hurt the Asgard.
2. The weapons given to the Prommie aren't good enough to hurt the Asgard, and wouldn't be good enough to hurt the Wraith, but can still whoop on Anubis's fleet.

jmoore032000
July 17th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Possible spoilers for seige 3

From what I have seen of the weapon systems they are not good enough to stay in a prolonged conflict because they are not strong enough power wise and not enough ammo can be provided for them. To become better ships a weapon system is needed that can do damage without requiring special delivery systems.

Crazy Dino
August 12th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Which one would you rather have?

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Daedelus since it's somewhat capable whereas Prometheus... isn't.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Yes, I would probably take the Daedalus as well, it isn't perfect but it has more functionality.

Owen Macri

sinisterdeath
August 12th, 2005, 03:56 AM
i think you have to change the title because

Spolier
they have another ship the oddysey

i would go the oddysey because it an even newer daedulus class ship which is bound to have something better new things built in. is it just me or does the name of the ship sound like something they would name a science class ship

Crazy Dino
August 12th, 2005, 05:17 AM
yes but we havent seen that, anyway the other ship is a Daedulus Class meaning it most probably the same

Major Tyler
August 12th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Personally, I prefer the Prometheus.

the Fifth Race
August 12th, 2005, 05:56 AM
I would rather have an Asgard BC :cool: over anything we have. But probably the Daedalus, simply because its bigger and has more updated tech on it.

Crazy Dino
August 12th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Now that would be kool, or even better a puddle jumper.

immhotep
August 12th, 2005, 06:45 AM
i would say a deadalus class vessel, with a ZPM and a hanger ful of PJ's :p or an athena - which according my reckoning is 4 class's ahead of the deady ( this is all theory)

kirmit
August 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Personally, I prefer the Prometheus.

Me too, I love the prommie and don't think any ship culd ever replace it.......unless it was really really kool, to tell u the truth i was a bit disappointed by the daedalus.

True!Ancient
August 12th, 2005, 09:08 AM
how many more ships has earth got i know theres

promethius(kinda crappy but still waste goulds)

daedalus (waste anythin that moves)

oddyse.........since the daedalus they built this pretty quick so does that mean within a year they will have atleast 7 more?

does oddyse have asguard onboard,rail guns,better shields than daedalus,better weapons?

Fsudryden
August 12th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I am saying that since the free Jaffa nation aquired so many ships after Baal fleet was captured and the replicators where destroyed, that would want to counter that fleet even though they are our allies. Now that the Orii are coming it is especially important that we build a significant fleet to help defend the planet. I also believe there might be 7 total ships by the end of the season?

Prometheus will need an overhaul or will be scraped all together. It is nothing compared to the daedulus class.

True!Ancient
August 12th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I am saying that since the free Jaffa nation aquired so many ships after Baal fleet was captured and the replicators where destroyed, that would want to counter that fleet even though they are our allies. Now that the Orii are coming it is especially important that we build a significant fleet to help defend the planet. I also believe there might be 7 total ships by the end of the season?

Prometheus will need an overhaul or will be scraped all together. It is nothing compared to the daedulus class.
by the time they have a fleet of ships i think they will have a new class of ships better than daedalus

kirmit
August 12th, 2005, 09:36 AM
An earth mothership shuld be built and named prometheus.2 after our very first ship.

nimitz
August 12th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I was also dissapointed by the daedulas as well.I was expecting a energy weaon at least.I would have the prommie its less of a target so it will last longer without energy weapons.

Indum'kra
August 12th, 2005, 09:51 AM
When was the oddysee confirmed?

kirmit
August 12th, 2005, 09:54 AM
In the 'Off the Grid' spoilers for season 9

Indum'kra
August 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Cool, since the Deadlus represents the production model BC-303, we can't expect anything new. But the Tau'ri still don't have any decent offensive weapons on their ships. Perhaps in larger numbers they can fire more missles than the enemy ships can shoot down in time.

mancslad08
August 12th, 2005, 10:17 AM
This is getting ridiculous. Suddenly Earth battleships are being built every 6 months. What a ridiculously implausable plot device.

Jesus, and I thought the travelling to another galaxy in 3 days was stupid.

kirmit
August 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM
how is it ridiculous??? They have the def design for the ship and have the experience of building one already, also u don't know how long ago they may of started building, I think it makes perfect sense to have another ship by now, i mean the ships are getting 70% of the budget, that's a lot of man power.

nimitz
August 12th, 2005, 12:45 PM
i think they could build 1 /2 a year from the extra funding and expeirence in building something so advanced and they dont have to r&d so much.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Now knowing that there is the new ship, The Odyssey, I believe I would choose it. Allthough it is still Daedalus Class, it should have some upgrades.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 12th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Now knowing that there is the new ship, The Odyssey, I believe I would choose it. Allthough it is still Daedalus Class, it should have some upgrades.

Owen Macri
Hopefully an energy weapon.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Very, very hopefully.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM
How long does it take for felger to perfect his energy weapon from what we last saw it could fire just sucked to much power now it has been 2 years since that.

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Hopefully an energy weapon.
Energy. Weapons. Are. Crud.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 06:18 PM
But they make cool and immpossible explosions with immpossible resulting sound in space!

Owen Macri

Lord §okar
August 12th, 2005, 06:23 PM
But they travel incredibly slowly and transfer so much less energy than, say, a nuclear bomb. What we should be concentrating on is an effective delivery system for nukes. Energy weapons only seem to be effective is the agressor has some sort of ace in hole.

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Yes, you deffinetlly have a point. We would need a very specific type of weapon to manage everything that we want to do.

Owen Macri

captain keys
August 12th, 2005, 08:58 PM
i would choose the daedalus bc it has nuc's and asgard beaming tech :D

_Owen_
August 12th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Yes, it is more advanced.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 13th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Yes but we cant build effective transportation devices for nukes unless your considering adding ballistic missiles like a ballistic submarine.Which would be very effective because they travel faster than mach 10 i belive.But a 200 meter sub can only hold 24 trident missiles.If you had an energy weapon you would have infintal ammo.
I belive the daedulas(spoiler) and the odeysee were meant to be relased at the same time but because of the events of the siege the daedulas was rushed into service and lost out on energy weapons.

Auralis
August 13th, 2005, 06:40 AM
I would of course prefere my own ship design :)

http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/3d/sorc_test120.jpg

nimitz
August 13th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Woo thats funky and looks like a starfish a bit.

valha'lla
August 13th, 2005, 06:48 AM
An energy weapon only has as much ammo as their is power so it does not have unlimmited ammo unless the power source can give it unlimited power, which no energy source in the stargate universe that i know of can, not even a ZPM has unlimited power.

nimitz
August 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM
But compared to ballistic missiles which is the one i was doing it against it does have a lot more ammo thousands of shots more.

BC - 303
August 13th, 2005, 04:54 PM
alot of questions and theories

ok so
we have the Prometheus & Daedalus, and mid season 9 we get our 3rd big ship (for lack of a better word)

we also have alot of F-302's
i think that we should soon (season 9 or 10) see British, or French or etc F-302's concidering they have the specs

we have naquada generaters that can power the ancient outpost now, is it out of drones?

did we ever make use of the ion propultion systems that major carter won for us (space race), we could backward enginer something soonish, couldnt we?

and the plasma weapons felger was working on, did it ever get finished? did it turn in to the rail gun seen in atlantis?

and Prometheus's sheilds, i have a theory on: -they are broken
ever since they got a pumseling from anubis's ship (lost city), they have been rubbish, i dont think they ever recharged properly. i meen come on, they shields all the way through season 8 "100%, oh wait make that 10, someone threw a stone at us"

and one final question
the asgurd has the oneill, the "science vessel" (loki's ship and the daniel jackson) and the Biliskner and others that look like it

BUT they have another design, such as thors ship in "unnatural selection" and the three asgurd ships in Revelation, are these oniell class ships or are they different? was the oneill a prototype, and these ships the finished version (simaler to Prometheus & Daedalus)?

thats about all i have to ask/ say

captain keys
August 13th, 2005, 05:12 PM
well the ion drive is still being worked on,the oneill was destoreyd and so was the Biliskner as far as the out post for being out of drones we know the still have one the one beckett shoot at shepperd and and the plasma weapon....well it was felger so how far do you think he got......and im pretty shure that the british and them arntgetin f-302's cause they know we can take care of the planet
:D

gallywag
August 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM
im with captain keys on the ion drive and drones

as for the azgard ships thor had his lovley ship the balistner that was destroyed by us with help from the replicators

the ones seen in revalations were motherships the oneill was a prototype battleship purposly designed for there war against the replicators but was destroyed in small victories

as for the science vessils there is the daniel jackson wich thor commanded in new order and the one loki used in i for got the episode title u know the one with mini jack hehe

(jack oneill) i havnt eaten in two weeks let alone pee'd and now i find theve made a mimi me

Crazy Dino
August 15th, 2005, 01:08 AM
or they can just use the most powerful substance in the universe as a weapon and propultion. An example of its power, a drop the size of a 6mm bb can destroy vatican city (I'm not religious just got it out of Dan Brown's Demon's and Angel's).

nimitz
August 15th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Can we build that at the moment i dont think so.

nimitz
August 15th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Of course other countries have F-302s and i expect russia to be at least building a BC-303.Thats like saying hippes look after the enviroment, so no need for anyone to do anything about the enviroment.
And the prommies shield is better than a Hataks, so for a ship of their size they're still amazing.And the prommie didnt have a choice but to keep on fighting while in other situations they retreat after seeing their weapons are ineffective.Whats the point of staying if youre gonna be inevitably destroyed and in prommie unbound there was only 2 people on a ship designed to be piloted by a 130 or at least a skelton crew of 20.

Auralis
August 15th, 2005, 09:18 AM
or they can just use the most powerful substance in the universe as a weapon and propultion. An example of its power, a drop the size of a 6mm bb can destroy vatican city (I'm not religious just got it out of Dan Brown's Demon's and Angel's).

And that would be?

nimitz
August 15th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Anti-matter i guess.And i believe you can only build at the current time 4 atoms a year.

Hermiod
August 15th, 2005, 09:39 AM
They should construct a large neutronium spike or mallet on the front of the bc's and just ram their enemies into sumbmission. Lol.

nimitz
August 15th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Like the romans used to do.That would be soo cool.Ramming into another ship at .5C.

EnigmaNZ
August 15th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Hmm, more like Nero's submarine, Nautilus. A rod like penetrator with external protusions like the bridge, hyperdrive, hangers, etc, telescoped into the central core, pile on the speed and ram, passing through shield and ship.

Lets see, 100,000 tons for an armoured Ramship, has to be called either Nautilus or Thunderchild (Ramship from War of the Worlds), colides with target at 100.000 Kps (velocity attributed to the Prometheus), hmm, thats imparting 5E23 joules of energy, hell, pass through anything that can fly. I think thats like the equivalent to 100,000 of those 1.2Gt enhanced nukes.

Atlantis_Man
August 15th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Personally I would go with the Prometheus, its looks cooler, than the Dead flat bread look,
it has asgard beaming tech and the asgard weapons and sheild too
ok no asgard sensors or hyperdrive, but they work fine with it and the it still has F302's

You think they might get rid of her :(

Lord §okar
August 15th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Question is, if you can generate that kind of power why not just shoot it?

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Woo thats funky and looks like a starfish a bit.
Very, cool, would you happen to have more pictures?

Owen Macri

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I think they could make an episode about some other country building a ship, and then attacking other planets.

Owen Macri

Ace
August 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Don't forget the Ancient outpost in Antartica... I would think that would be our best line of defense.

Ace

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Yes, that is a deffinetly our main line of defence, however I would think they would challenge with the Daedalus, or Prometheus or some ship first.

Owen Macri

Crazy Dino
August 16th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I have never seen it but my friend reckons that Daedulus is a complete battlestar galactica rip off, does any one else thinks so. (Well in teh adverts for battlestar galactica the fighters where basically an xwing rip off, but xwings r much kooler).

kirmit
August 16th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Personally I would go with the Prometheus, its looks cooler, than the Dead flat bread look,
it has asgard beaming tech and the asgard weapons and sheild too
ok no asgard sensors or hyperdrive, but they work fine with it and the it still has F302's

You think they might get rid of her :(

it does have asgard sensors now and I think the hyperdrive may of bin fixed.

Atlantis_Man
August 16th, 2005, 10:53 AM
EVEN BETTER

and lets face it the Antartic battle rocked!

Crazy Dino
August 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM
yes the antarctic battle rocked. and u get 2 c more of it in Avalon

_Owen_
August 16th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Oh now I want to see season nine even more. lol. Yes, the Antarctic battle was awsome!

Owen Macri

Auralis
August 16th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Very, cool, would you happen to have more pictures?

Owen Macri

As a matter of fact, i do

http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/3d/sorc_test119.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/3d/sorc_front.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/3d/sorc_back.jpg
http://www.gods-inc.de/barbie/3d/sorc_top_side.jpg

enjoy :)

_Owen_
August 16th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Thank you, very cool.

Owen Macri

Indum'kra
August 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I mean where can I get some good figures, for how large the Prommie and Deaddy/Oddy/BC-303y are?

nimitz
August 27th, 2005, 09:00 AM
www.stargate-tech.net has good information on the prommie and suggests 150m-200m and while i dont know any websites on the size of the dadadlus/oddeyseys but fan speculation suggests 400/500 meters.

kirmit
August 27th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I dont think the bc class are that much bigger than the prommie infact i no they aint, u get a good view of it's size in 'intruder'.

Auralis
August 27th, 2005, 10:59 AM
From this thread http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=86728&page=1&pp=25&highlight=deadalus
over on spacebattles.com

Lenght 1475 feet
Beam overall 775 feet
Height exc antenna 190 feet
Central hull width 160 feet
Hull width over nose extensions 290 feet
Flatdeck lenght overall 720 feet
Flatdeck width overall including angled sides 485 feet
Hanger side pods overall lenght 415 feet
Hanger side pods overall width 145 feet
Hanger internal lenght 240 feet
Hanger internal width 140 feet
Hanger internal height 30 feet
Hanger door width 95 feet
Ion engines lenght 560 feet (from nozzile to powercore)

+/- 10% to all values

beale947
August 27th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Well we know the Prometheus is smaller than a Goa'uld Mothership, so it can't be that big, in fact El'kesh are almost a third its size, so the Promethus, is quite small. And i havn't seen the seige part 3 yet, coz i live in the U.K, so i can't say anthing about the Daedalus (bloody uk tv.) Hurry up stargate come on.

Gargen
August 27th, 2005, 03:33 PM
id say daedalus is lmost twice the size of the 303, it is alot more of a war ship than the 303's are

theStormWeaver
August 27th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I don't think Prommie is that small, I remember Prometheus Unbound, and the Al'Kesh looked alot smaller than 1/3 of Prommie. The Deadalus is (i think) like 1.5 times Prommie. Its bigger, enough to notice, but not much.

P.S. Odyssey is a stupid name, it should be Odysseus. The Odyssey is an epic play, not the name of a ship.

Indum'kra
August 27th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Can someone give it's length in meters? Yes, I'm European....

Auralis
August 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Deadalus length ~449.58 meters
1 feet = 0.3048 meter

Indum'kra
August 27th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Deadalus length ~449.58 meters
1 feet = 0.3048 meter
Man, that's tiny. I was expecting something like Victory Star Destroyer-size or something, around 900 or so Meters.
Still no biggie. How large are Asgard and Goa'uld ships by the way?

VironX
August 27th, 2005, 05:30 PM
the x303 is actually 10 times the size of an alkesh. It was mentioned by carter in theepisode grace.

Indum'kra
August 27th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I hope that's the Deadlus, as in either Grace or that other episode with the paranoid military guy she said the Prometheus was four times the size of an Al'kesh. In which case how big is the Prommie? Is it that tiny compared to the Deadalus? Since I thought the Deadalus was only 1.5 times the Prommie's size. I can't wait until the Oddesy is thrown into the mix......

_Owen_
August 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I don't know if I would trust a lot of these statistics, if they haven't stated them specifically in the show...

Owen Macri

Auralis
August 27th, 2005, 06:55 PM
i just did some scaling for the Prometheus from several different episodes and come up with these estimates:

Length: 250m
Width: 100m
Heigth: 77m

randy
August 27th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Those are much more reasonable estimates. The others seem more like estimates given to Asgard ships.

Auralis
August 27th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Some rought scaling for the alien ship from grace, compared against the Prometheus:

length: 1400m
width: 700m
hiegth: 300m

_Owen_
August 27th, 2005, 07:09 PM
You may be correct, but it is still hard to tell exactly.

Owen Macri

Auralis
August 27th, 2005, 07:15 PM
and some quickies for the O'Neill Class

length: ~800m
width: ~ 600m
heigth: ~240m

_Owen_
August 27th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I liked the O'Neill, the Asgard should build another. It doesn't seem as though they have built anything capable of that of The O'Neill.

(Bearing in mind I have not seen season nine.)

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
August 27th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Earth "Battle Cruisers" are tiny, calling the Promi, Daedalus, Odyssey and Ethon Battle Cruisers is Really Sad they are the Size of Frigates maybe a Destroyer

FYI classes are in this order

Frigate
Destroyer
Light Cruiser
Heavy Cruiser
Battle Cruiser
Battle Ship

Mothership

City

nimitz
August 28th, 2005, 02:42 AM
The O'Neil is the same length as a hatak and thats like 1500/2000m long.

aAnubiSs
August 28th, 2005, 04:50 AM
A Ha'Tak is ~650m long and 350 high

nimitz
August 28th, 2005, 05:51 AM
A ha'tak is 10times bigger than the prommie which makes it 2000meters long.Im taking aAnubiSs is going on about pyramid ships like the one in the film which would be about 700meters long.

Auralis
August 28th, 2005, 06:13 AM
umm, no, scaling sugest that a Ha'Tak is only around 550-600m in diameter

EnigmaNZ
August 29th, 2005, 11:44 PM
The Daedalus

The side bays are hangers and repair areas and have clamshell space doors with a shield to prevent air loss when open. Mention is made of "the bay" but the D had just returned from Earth so other bay may have been used for stores as both are identical externally.

The fighters are arrayed down each side of the hanger, seem to be 4 a side making 8 per hanger. There are large, what may be lifts set in the hanger floor, large enough for the F-302, the unseen underfloor area may be of similar height to the hanger, which is about 1 1/2 times the height of the fighter, or about 30 feet.
At the back of the bay are diagnostic and repair equipment.
The width of the bay doors are about 50% bigger than the wingspan of the F-302, or about 95 feet, and the hanger appears to be about 140 feet wide.

The F-302 in space sounds like a cylon drone fighter lol.
The F-302s has 2 hardpoints per wing and 2 wing root mounted internal cannon, neither gatlin nor railgun as bursts are short, and sounds wrong, maybe 27mm mauser or similar.
The missiles carried on the fighter have short delta mid wings and cut off rear surfaces, appear to be AIM-120C (cut off fins) with added reaction control, such a program has been ongoing with the missile for some years (aero control surfaces no good in a vaccume)
The wing span of the F-302 is 5 times the missile lenght, ie about 62 feet.
The lenght of the F-302 is half the span, or about 31 feet from nose to nozzle tips.

The main rotating scanner on the upper hull of the D, the rear dish like one in front of the side structure, is responsible for long range sensors and asgard beam locating sensors.

The Daedalus main power coil is in the main hull like the Prommies, but further back, starts behind the nose area where the side extenions are and is about the same lenght as the base of those extensions. It has the same cooling coils around it, the D is naquadria powered it seems. The raised part of the hull behind the nose silos appears to be a maintainence access hatch to the engine room, it is directly above the forward end of the power core, conjecture however.

The Daedalus does seem much larger than the Prometheus, maybe as much as 800 feet wide, 1400+ feet long, and 200 feet high excluding antenna. Using the 95 foot width of the hanger door as a reference.

All measurements are taken from freeze frames and a ruler and as perpectives are not always idea, could be + or - 10%.

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=86728

EnigmaNZ
August 29th, 2005, 11:45 PM
The Daedalus

I would like to point out that the Pegasus Galaxy (Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy) is located at right ascension 23h28m36.25s and declination +14d44m34.5s in the equatorial coordinate system, and is approximately 3.38 million light years from earth, largely "beneath" the plane of the galactic disc.

Using 3.38 gLY as a distance traveled, ignoring the small (relatively) thickness of the 2 galactic discs and the diameters of the Milky Way and the PDIG, we arrive at an approximate hyperspace velocity of 4.6 e16 miles per hour, or 46 quintillion miles per hour. With the ZPM, its roughly 4.5 times faster.

So, Hyperspace cruising velocity of 4.6 e16 mph, or 7825 LYph. At this velocity, one could traverse the Milky Way in just over 12 hours.

EnigmaNZ
August 29th, 2005, 11:49 PM
The Daedalus

Studying a schematic behind Hemoid, the D's width is half it's lenght. 82mm long, 43mm wide, side hangers 23mm long x 8mm wide, flatdeck 40mm long x 27mm wide incl the side ext, powercore 25mm long, nose overall 16mm wide, nose main 9mm wide, hanger 6mm wide, 8mm long, main sublight engines 30mm long. Using a ratio of 1mm = 18 feet from the hanger dimension, that is, the hangar being 95' wide, we get + or - 10% ;

Lenght 1475 feet
Beam overall 775 feet
Height exc antenna 190 feet
Central hull width 160 feet
Hull width over nose extensions 290 feet
Flatdeck lenght overall 720 feet
Flatdeck width overall including angled sides 485 feet
Hanger side pods overall lenght 415 feet
Hanger side pods overall width 145 feet
Hanger internal lenght 240 feet
Hanger internal width 140 feet
Hanger internal height 30 feet
Hanger door width 95 feet
Ion engines lenght 560 feet (from nozzile to powercore)

EnigmaNZ
August 29th, 2005, 11:51 PM
The Daedalus

When deciding the ratio, was there anypoint in the show where any of the 302's come out of the hangers?

Yes there were several shots, one I froze at the point of just being past the bay door, measured the wingspan at 40mm and the door just behind it at 62mm at the opening. In another shot it came out of the hangar and did a climb that showed the underside, the missiles looked like AMRAAMs but they use aero control which doesn't work in space, but a bit of searching revealed a version that has been in testing since 2000 that has a longer motor and reaction control, that is, the thrust is used to steer the missile, not just the wings, so it was a AIM-120C, the C has shorter clipped wings compared to earlier AMRAAMs to fit the F-22 internal bays. This missile is 12' 6" long. The wingspan of the F-302 was 5 times this and the lenght of the F-302 was half the span. That made the F-302 about 31 foot long with a 62 foot span.

The show also showed good shots inside the hanger bay, the 4 fighters lined up each side at an angle of about 45 degrees from memory facing the door. That had to make the hanger at least 160 feet long, then there was a space between the formost fighter and the bay door of about 40 feet, then there was a space at the rear of the bay with the diagnostic equipment etc that looked big enough for a couple more fighters, no major maintenance equipment here, more like that required for minor repairs, I am thinking the large lifts in the floor, about 70 foot square, take the fighter below into the maintenance workshop. The lift was a large square area with markings that was about 4 to 6 inches lower than the rest of the deck, in an awkward area if it was a permanent feature, so thinking more a lift that was not flush with the deck in this shot. If the bay door was 50% larger than the fighters wingspan, that made it 95 foot. From that other measurements can be made for the rest of the D. At least able to give a ball park fiqure. But a lot depends on how accurate the set designers are compared to the schematics that come up on various viewscreens.

P-90_177
September 14th, 2005, 01:38 AM
I would choose Daedalus since it is so much better than Prommie. Bigger, better weapons, shields and engines. The only thing better would be an Asguard ship. Despite not seeing the season yewt I've seen pictures of it. Not to mention flown it. ;)

Maverick7733
September 20th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Iam new here so I apologise if this thread has been done before. :o

I was wondering if Russia or any of the other countries that know of the stargate will have ships?I know that the agreement with russia for their stargate was full disscloser of all things X 302 and X 303 related.
Will we see any ships other than US? :S

Stricken
September 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Who knows, only TPTB can decide

Welcome to the Forum!

Qasim
September 20th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I doubt the other countries can afford to build ships

immhotep
September 20th, 2005, 10:57 AM
and yes it has been done before, in any way the title can be interpretted.

walterIsTheMan
September 20th, 2005, 11:05 AM
russia has the plans for the ships, and will probably be building their own now that prommie is pretty much perfected("Disclosure").

btw, welcome to the forum :)

Simonthefurling
September 20th, 2005, 11:12 AM
If you notice the ships are reffered to as 'The Earth Ship Prometheus' and such. They are earth's ships under USAF control i believe. So if you think about it Russia already have a ship...they just dont control it :P

I actually have an episode idea floating around for my novel spin off that could adress this (though it'd be a second season ep).

dosed150
September 20th, 2005, 12:48 PM
i think whatever happens the amerians will insist on having at least 1 american senior officer on any earth ship

theStormWeaver
September 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I'm sure it will happen eventually. It'd be perfect, the very idea is ripe with political intrigue. I can just imagine Gen. Landry and Col. Chekhov bellowing at eachother. haha... they haven't met yet have they? See, perfect.

orii7
September 20th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe the episode "Ethon" (spoilers) will be about the russians makeing a ship called "Ethon" and tries to go to another planet and goes to the planet

were daniel got stuck on in the episode "Icon"(season 8)and the people on that planet from the episode "Icon" will freak out and go "OMG! real gods!"and the russians will go too far and the S.G.C will try to stop them from staying

on the planet and freaking the people out.The russians might say "we have everything under control" and the S.G.C would say "u do not have everything under control!" just my opinian.Sorry if i offended anybody about what i said or if this was off-topic.Sorry :(

JedI Master of the Gate
September 21st, 2005, 06:33 AM
I want to see and Australian-New Zealand Ship, named the Anzac!

Zekk
September 24th, 2005, 03:40 PM
The only thing better would be an Asguard ship. Despite not seeing the season yewt I've seen pictures of it. Not to mention flown it. ;)
:confused: WHAT? :confused:

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 24th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Boy, it's hard to choose, I'll choose the Daedulus because I'd have Hermiod on my ship

Three PhDs
September 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I would rather have an Asgard BC :cool: over anything we have. But probably the Daedalus, simply because its bigger and has more updated tech on it.A or B? You answer C. Idiot.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 24th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Boy, it's hard to choose, I'll choose the Daedalus because I'd have Hermiod on my ship

OakRidge
September 24th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I believe they should produce both. Just upgrade the technology in Prometheus to the level of the Daedalus. The Prometheus is somewhat smaller than the Daedalus and could be of different use.

Ascended Times.2
September 25th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Prometheus, Granted, it isn't as technologicly advanced, it's not a battle cruiser. But, it is a better colour, and it looks cooler, although, it does look like they just took pieces they neeed and said "Uh....ok, we'll just stick that there..." and was done with it :)

Maverick7733
September 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
:cool: When will earth put a full fledge battleship or carrier in service.
they need to stop pussie footing around with these battle crusier like the daedalus.We need to be a galatic power. :D

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Maybe when we have the tech and the money to do so

Simonthefurling
September 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I agree, galixy conquering ships dont just grow on trees.

Qasim
September 26th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I agree, galixy conquering ships dont just grow on trees.But money does :D

immhotep
September 26th, 2005, 01:11 PM
yes take a look in S&T: earth ships; past present and future, there are some ideas in there that might provide some sort of answer...

Bomber
September 26th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Hey, we've got shuttles. Who needs anything else? :D

Jeffer
September 26th, 2005, 04:01 PM
I agree, galixy conquering ships dont just grow on trees.

Ha that’s what you think I have that tree in my back yard or is that an apple tree either way it’s not good

I don't see y we need one right now but I haven’t seen S9 sure they could use in SGA but the Wraith think we are dead at this point so

jree
September 26th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Carriers, cruisers, destroyers, different fighter designs, and some bombers. Plus energy weapons please. Vorlon planet killers :D would be cool but won't happen. :(

Avenger
September 26th, 2005, 09:06 PM
The BC-303s are awesome and they get the job done. We don;t need big ass, intimidating ships like Anubis' mother ship. Practicallity is far better, especially given our limited knowledge at this point in time.

spg_1983
September 26th, 2005, 09:18 PM
:cool: When will earth put a full fledge battleship or carrier in service.
they need to stop pussie footing around with these battle crusier like the daedalus.We need to be a galatic power. :Dhow is Daedulus not a full fledge battle ship? it is huge (by our standars at least) has great shields and a ton of weapons (so not energy weapons but they have tons of other weapons) and it carries a squadron of fighters as well. so how are they "pussyfooting" around?

drronin112
September 26th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I'm more curious about this "We need to be a galactic power." stuff.

The Governments of the world can't usually agree on what to have for lunch at official functions let alone what needs to be done with the inhabitants of P3X-966 who are constantly getting Mosquito bites and dying. I think we should worry about actually getting this world together and managed before we even consider rampaging about conquering plantes and Claiming them for the Glory of the Tau'Re.

It's like Lex Luthor trying to conquer the entire universe. When he can barely keep the group of miscreants around the boardroom table from destroying the furniture. National Power...then Global power...then Planetary power...then MAYBE spread out and become a quadrant power...and if we haven't killed each other off and self exploded by then...go for Galactic power.

immhotep
September 27th, 2005, 10:15 AM
well we may not be a galatic power, but i doubt the galaxy would try to attack us.....which is a start.
As to ships, sure there are things we can do, and the designs on Gw for the nxt stage of earth sips are pretty good, but the deadalus is a good ship, sure it lack weapons that can blast through ships like a stone through water, but it will do fine for defending a planet.....lets face it, on earth if somebody comes we will rely on the outpost powered by mark 2 generators a heck of alot more than ships ( well i would anyway!) and for that a ship with great shields that can run away easily is perfect, plus while its taking hits for the team the asgard and jaffa will show up to help and SG1 will save the day.........

as to galatic power, i think we can handle a few more pplaces than we have now but the best idea is to put long term cell units ( teams of 5/6 ppl on a world to study long term), for example on for the jaffa, tokra, S./hebs, asgard would be perfect IMO.

plaw15
September 27th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Carriers, cruisers, destroyers, different fighter designs, and some bombers. Plus energy weapons please. Vorlon planet killers :D would be cool but won't happen. :(

We have a bunch of our own gliders but we should develop a couple mid range bombers or a cargo ship.

Maverick7733
September 27th, 2005, 12:56 PM
how is Daedulus not a full fledge battle ship? it is huge (by our standars at least) has great shields and a ton of weapons (so not energy weapons but they have tons of other weapons) and it carries a squadron of fighters as well. so how are they "pussyfooting" around?

first it is designated BC-X303. BC=Battel cruiser. Second yeah a lot of weapons that can be shot down or intercepted. :(

Maverick7733
September 27th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I'm more curious about this "We need to be a galactic power." stuff.

The Governments of the world can't usually agree on what to have for lunch at official functions let alone what needs to be done with the inhabitants of P3X-966 who are constantly getting Mosquito bites and dying. I think we should worry about actually getting this world together and managed before we even consider rampaging about conquering plantes and Claiming them for the Glory of the Tau'Re.

It's like Lex Luthor trying to conquer the entire universe. When he can barely keep the group of miscreants around the boardroom table from destroying the furniture. National Power...then Global power...then Planetary power...then MAYBE spread out and become a quadrant power...and if we haven't killed each other off and self exploded by then...go for Galactic power.

What I meant is that the asgard are a power as are the jafa and nox. If we want to be more respected and relie less on others then we need to become a galatic power. So start cranking out those ships!!!! :eek:

spg_1983
September 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
first it is designated BC-X303. BC=Battel cruiser. Second yeah a lot of weapons that can be shot down or intercepted. :(actually its just BC-303, and technically should be BC-303A, there is no "X". and is there really that much of a difference between calling it a Battle Ship and a Battle Cruiser? no there isnt. its the same thing.

NoDot
September 27th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Do we need more ships? YES
Do we need advanced technology? YES

Do we need to be a galactic power? Not yet.

babaganoosh
September 27th, 2005, 01:58 PM
They are formidable craft, these...shuttles?

Anyway, I like to think that the Daedalus will be reproduced to form a fleet of Earth ships that'll go out and kick some serious mik'ta.

Jeffer
September 27th, 2005, 04:54 PM
really we already our a Galactic power no one is going to come after us really we don't need to conquer any planets maybe set up more out posts make colonies on uninhabited planets our goal was to make friends not enemy’s

immhotep
September 27th, 2005, 06:30 PM
ditto which makes cells perfect! and we can have heb and asgard cell of earth and it would make us learn much faster.

UltraMarioMan
December 3rd, 2005, 12:23 PM
I mean salvaged Goa'uld mothership weapons would be better then railgun's.

GateMan2000
December 3rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
This has been talked about already...You can do a search on it and find some posts regarding this issue....

Stevos
December 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Okay, we know that the earth ships are useless against the wraith, but how about against other species.

How would the daedalus class ship compare with a Goa'uld. From the fight over the north pole, i am guessing badly.

Are the daedalus ships only good for transport.

Eoin
December 9th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Okay, we know that the earth ships are useless against the wraith, but how about against other species.

How would the daedalus class ship compare with a Goa'uld. From the fight over the north pole, i am guessing badly.

The daedulas seemed to put up a good fight against the wraith to me, i think the Big D would do ok against the goa'uld and other races like the hebridians in a one on one face off
:)

Stevos
December 9th, 2005, 02:33 PM
The daedalus shields did fairly well, but it couldn't actually hit anything, which for a warship is a major problem.

Eoin
December 9th, 2005, 02:41 PM
The daedalus shields did fairly well, but it couldn't actually hit anything, which for a warship is a major problem.
The shields done great, it was hitting the wraith, it was destroying darts and hitting the hive ships, we just dont know how much damage was actually caused to the hives by the railguns :)

immhotep
December 9th, 2005, 02:49 PM

ok firstly the deadalus did ok, it took out a twelve of the entire wraith fleet in 2 days, in 8 years SG1 took out about 30%, if the deadalus hadnt been stopped and the beam kept working, the wraith would be gone.
us vs the goauld/jaffa sure we can do that fine ( we jsut beam a nuke in)
us vs the asgard, ha!
us vs the orii, HAHAHAHA!!!

basicly were royally screwed!
also it was the south pole not the north.

creed462
December 9th, 2005, 05:24 PM
The daedalus was designed with the gou'ald in mind, so it problely do quite well aganst them, now if we can get some better weapons then we could hurt the other too. Remember what one 303 did to anubis ship in the frist eps of season 7

Lord Shiva
December 9th, 2005, 05:36 PM
ok firstly the deadalus did ok, it took out a twelve of the entire wraith fleet in 2 days, in 8 years SG1 took out about 30%,

Not sure what you mean by 30% or that SG1 has fought the Wraith...

But the Daedelus did ok given that the convinced the Asgard to allow for site-to-site transport of nuclear warheads... but as soon as the Wraith activated anti-beaming countermeasures, the Earthings and their pet Asgard entered "We're Screwed" land.

Ouroboros
December 9th, 2005, 06:20 PM
The Daedalus' main problem is that its missiles are so slow they get shot down before they can actually hit the other guy and damage his ship. The Wraith can shoot them down and I don't see any reason to suspect that the Goa'uld wouldn't be able to do the same thing with deathgliders or the numerous smaller guns a Ha'tak has.

It would probably do better against a Ha'Tak than it did against hiveships because the Ha'tak seems to have less overall firepower. Then again though it also has shields so the beaming trick might not work on it at all even without the special countermeasures.

If the beaming thing works the D wins otherwise I'm picking the Ha'tak in a 1on1 fight.

Lord Shiva
December 9th, 2005, 06:26 PM
The Daedalus' main problem is that its missiles are so slow they get shot down before they can actually hit the other guy and damage his ship. The Wraith can shoot them down and I don't see any reason to suspect that the Goa'uld wouldn't be able to do the same thing with deathgliders or the numerous smaller guns a Ha'tak has.

It would probably do better against a Ha'Tak than it did against hiveships because the Ha'tak seems to have less overall firepower. Then again though it also has shields so the beaming trick might not work on it at all even without the special countermeasures.

If the beaming thing works the D wins otherwise I'm picking the Ha'tak in a 1on1 fight.

I think the basic philosophy of Stargate is that the Tau'ri are advancing at a very fast pace technologically, but they're still a step behind vs. the more developed intergalactic races. Though going from a regular military to the Daedelus in 9 seasons (9 years), proves that the Tau'ri are really on the ball when it comes to advancing (at least militarily).

But yeah... the defensive shields, etc. have been modified from Asgard tech, which means in a defensive role, the Tau'ri ships rock - even without a Zero Point Module.... with a ZPM they are like Sherman tanks in the revolutionary war lol.

In terms of weaponry, though - the Tau'ri is still FAR behind on the intergalactic scale...

Missiles, Rail Guns, etc. even their fighter ships use missiles instead of lasers - it's very obvious that's what the creators are doing. I like it, though... keeps the suspense up.

kirmit
December 10th, 2005, 01:22 AM
actually i think the deddy wuld be worse off against a ha'tak than a hive ship. Ha'taks have shields (hive ships dont) and energy weapons, if they can block the beaming aswell the deddy wuldn't stand a chance against a ha'tak imo.

Ouroboros
December 10th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Thing is though the Earth ships don't have to suck like they've been doing. With the tech they're already using they could make some nasty stuff just by shuffling things around a bit and applying some brainpower.

They've got engines that can accel a ship the size of a prommie to .99c for example. They should be able to make some damn good missiles with engine tech like that.

The railguns are another point. They suck for only one reason, they're too small. Ok it's fine to have a few of the small fast firing ones to shoot down deathgliders and stuff but watching the Daedalus trying to use them against 4km Wraith hiveships is just a head scratcher. Now if the D used some of that empty flat space on its back to mount a few turretted railguns of anti-capship size it would have a decent weapon at it's disposal.

You just take the nukes it's already using for its missiles and fire them out of the railgun instead. You don't get homing ability but you do get a much faster projectile the snakeheads or space vamps can't just shoot down while laughing at you.

The Wraith don't even have shields so you could blast through their bare hulls with time delay fused nukes and start one shot killing their ships with the resulting internal nuke explosions.

If that doesn't work because the nukes aren't big enough or the guns aren't fast enough then just build the whole ship as a flying gun. Run one giant railgun all the way from the prow to almost the stern, then drop a giant naquadria "gatebuster" nuke into the breach, line up one of the sluggish ships of our rivals and let them eat it.

It might not be pretty but that'll get it done.

Loaf
December 10th, 2005, 01:42 AM
actually i think the deddy wuld be worse off against a ha'tak than a hive ship. Ha'taks have shields (hive ships dont) and energy weapons, if they can block the beaming aswell the deddy wuldn't stand a chance against a ha'tak imo.

It depends wether or not their weapons are any match against the deadalus's sheilds. Deadalus seemed to hold out aginst the wraith very well. The Ha'taks weapons might not even be paowerful enough to wear the sheilds down

mother-goose
December 10th, 2005, 03:30 AM
I'd say the Daedalus (thats the right spelling, thats what their patches say!) would rip a ha'tak to pieces, if u think about it, a hive ship is made to cull and entire planet, to take a planet for the Goa'uld need multiple ha'taks, we just need something instead of missles! Maybe felger could get that plasma thing working!

dosed150
December 10th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Thing is though the Earth ships don't have to suck like they've been doing. With the tech they're already using they could make some nasty stuff just by shuffling things around a bit and applying some brainpower.

They've got engines that can accel a ship the size of a prommie to .99c for example. They should be able to make some damn good missiles with engine tech like that.

The railguns are another point. They suck for only one reason, they're too small. Ok it's fine to have a few of the small fast firing ones to shoot down deathgliders and stuff but watching the Daedalus trying to use them against 4km Wraith hiveships is just a head scratcher. Now if the D used some of that empty flat space on its back to mount a few turretted railguns of anti-capship size it would have a decent weapon at it's disposal.

You just take the nukes it's already using for its missiles and fire them out of the railgun instead. You don't get homing ability but you do get a much faster projectile the snakeheads or space vamps can't just shoot down while laughing at you.

The Wraith don't even have shields so you could blast through their bare hulls with time delay fused nukes and start one shot killing their ships with the resulting internal nuke explosions.

If that doesn't work because the nukes aren't big enough or the guns aren't fast enough then just build the whole ship as a flying gun. Run one giant railgun all the way from the prow to almost the stern, then drop a giant naquadria "gatebuster" nuke into the breach, line up one of the sluggish ships of our rivals and let them eat it.

It might not be pretty but that'll get it done.

you dont need to waste nucleur material on railgun rounds just use a really hard material and the speed does the rest

Betelgeuze
December 10th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Well, i think the X-303's will lose against most enemy's sure they have great defenses, but as stated before, the weapons suck. Goa'uld weapons and Wraith weapons are more powerfull than earth's. And unless they can beam in a nuke they don't do much damage. And sinds both the Wraith(SiegeIII) and the Goa'uld(Revelations) can block Asgard beam technology They don't stand a change.

The X-302's however are a different matter, they are far superior to deathgliders, they're more manuvrable than DG and possibly Wraith darts. But mostly they beat all other ships this size because they're capable of entering hyperspace(Fallen)

Now if Earth could come up with a way to make missiles capable of hyperdrive, the way they did with the X-302. They could take out any enemy ship, they could simply let the missiles drop out of hyperspace inside the enemy ship and make them explode the instand they do so.

Loaf
December 10th, 2005, 04:15 AM
The x-303's missiles did do some damage in beachhead against the ori forcefeild they must be quite powerful to do that. So maybey they would tear through a ha'tac i don't know :S

kirmit
December 10th, 2005, 06:11 AM
The x-303's missiles did do some damage in beachhead against the ori forcefeild they must be quite powerful to do that. So maybey they would tear through a ha'tac i don't know :S

I doubt it, think all the way back to season1/2 the nuclear weapons in 'Within the serpents grasp' did absolutely nothing to a ha'tak and goa'uld ships have bin upgraded since then.

Loaf
December 10th, 2005, 06:12 AM
I doubt it, think all the way back to season1/2 the nuclear weapons in 'Within the serpents grasp' did absolutely nothing to a ha'tak and goa'uld ships have bin upgraded since then.

i thought the warheads hit the shield but didn't go off?

kirmit
December 10th, 2005, 06:16 AM
they hit the shield and exploded but had no effect, maybe the shield strength decreased a little but the ship woz still intact.

Loaf
December 10th, 2005, 07:41 AM
1000 megaton blast should have done more than than the tiny little explosion iy looked like. Are you sure :S

Lord Shiva
December 10th, 2005, 08:23 AM
The X-302's however are a different matter, they are far superior to deathgliders, they're more manuvrable than DG and possibly Wraith darts. But mostly they beat all other ships this size because they're capable of entering hyperspace(Fallen)

The only problem is they are fasr superior in quick engagments. Once they expend their armaments, the Deathgliders limitless (reletively speaking) energy-weapon systems will win out.