This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    the deadalus isnt the x-304; the x-304 will be a new breed of vessel, not a reproduction of the promethius. the x-303 fleet will have to be ready and fully operational before they spend cash on designing a new range of ships.
    We have no proof that it is not the X-304, they may have designed a new ship simply to fit all there new gadgets. But it may just be another BC-303.

YAY, post 200

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      the deadalus isnt the x-304; the x-304 will be a new breed of vessel, not a reproduction of the promethius. the x-303 fleet will have to be ready and fully operational before they spend cash on designing a new range of ships.
      Ya true but whats to say this isnt a new type of ship its a sistership after all not a brother ship lol
      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

when did i brong family ties in to this
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

well thats just how they refer to ships the daedalus IS the sistership so it would look different as a brother and sister would look where as a brother would stil be different but have the same features, seeing as the male gender would coincide with each other did that make sense?
          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

*light spoilers for Atlantis s1 and S2*

Since atlantis will probably recieve a zpm from the dadelus what technology and knowledge do you think can be incorporated into future earth ships?

Comment

A cloaking device would be a good start. As well as some decent shielding.
              Some weapons could include an incorporation of the Ancient Drone weapons, or even (a far fetched one) a beam similar to the Wraith Culling beams (it could be used to get teams off a hostile planet or something. This one's not really a weapon, more of a function. But it could also be a weapon: By modifying the energy frequency or type of energy emitted by the beam, that energy can be destructive or harmful in some way.)

Comment

I think a cloaking device would be perfect for the x-303's. Imagine a fleet of 20 of those de cloaking around a couple hataks destroyin it before it has netime to respond

Comment

Lets see. I'm gonna go with what I think are "realistic" upgrades within 5-10 years, unless I specify another time table.

1.Goa'uld Cloaking device. I don't want it to be too advanced so that no one can detect them.
                  2. Replace the larger missile launchers with large rail guns. Keep the smaller ones used in Full Alert. In a decade or three replace all missiles with inertia less-missiles.
                  3. Keep the CIWS-railguns, don't replace them with energy weapons.
                  4. Add a sub-routine to the Asgard transporters. Much like the GDO. Using your GDO-code will instantly send out the "beam me upp scotty"-signal.
                  5. Replace belly-mounted weapon-arrays with Al'kesh turrets.
                  6. Four(Two on each side, belly/spine mounted) medium energy weapons on the "nacelles".
                  7. The obvious change from Solid-fuel engines to Ion Drives. They might already be on the Daedalus though.
                  8. Inertia less-engines added to support the Ion drives. Much less sofisticated then the Goa'uld versions though.

Obviously upgrades in reactors, sensors and power distrubution when avail.

Might've forgotten a few of my ideas in haste.

I DON'T want Ancient weapons or shields added. We can't be invincible 10 years after we found out we're alone when other races has gone 10,000 years. I don't care if we got Atlantis, some tech have to be too advanced for us to figure out. My interia less-missiles would be a low-tech version of the drones. Non-neural control of course.

Oh, if you haven't figured it out I really HATE they added Asgard shields, engines and supposedly weapons. Makes us too powerful then we should be after 10 years.
                  Last edited by aAnubiSs; 13 April 2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I agree with you about keeping some shield penetrable missiles but because we have to fight an uphill battle against technologically advanced foes, i think that its imperative to remove as many of the conventional weapons and add energy weapons to bring down the shield. And also wats ur reasoning on using large railguns, id only keep them for use against small fighters

Comment

The amount of kinetic energy a rail gun can inflict is awsome. The Replicators used kinetic energy to penetrate Asgard-shields in order to capture their ships.

The projectiles could have Goa'uld frequence-technobabble-things on them to go right through Goa'uld shields. If they added those the Ha'tak hulls would be dominated. Plasma is hard to keep dense, a problem you don't have with solid projectiles. Missiles, especially nuclear ones, are also ineffective because there's no blast wave.

Think about it. Launching a projectile vs plasma:

Projectile: Introduce an electric current to accelerate the projectile.
                      Plasma: Insert gas into a chamber, heat it, compress it, contain it, introduce an electric current.

A rail gun is a much more power efficient weapon, and since we still have very primitive reactors we're gonna need all that energy to sustain the shields.

From what we've seen in Ha'tak combat they usually stop moving completely, giving us the perfect opportunity to aim.

Comment

Plasma weapons are annoying to me.

Comment

The Prometheus doesn't have rail guns yet. In Seige, Everett said that the rail guns they brought were originally supposed to replace the CIWS guns on Prometheus. Those seemed like small antifighter and small ship weapons. It might be a good idea to replace the missiles with railguns 5 times the size of the ones in Seige, so they can do damage to capital ships. The Prometheus and now Deadalus have Asgard engines, transporters, an unknown weapon or weapons, and shields which survived against Anubis's super mothership. Both ships also have crystal computer tech like that of the Goa'uld.

The sensors of both vessels and future vessels of the Deadalus/Prometheus class and other classes will need more powerful sensors. Some sort of long range communications system would be helpful as well.

Comment

I'm not sure this would help any, but I think we should get some Ancient technology installed. I mean, the laptops in Atlantis can only hold...what? 7-9% of all the info in the city? Imagine if we plugged that info into the Prometheus or the Deadalus!

If we could somehow get all the tech info from the Ancient databases, we could create a whole fleet (maybe even a new type of ship) that would be effective against the Wraith.

But that's just my speculation...

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

what earth ships need are big guns what are designed to bust through sheilds in one shot. think massive rail guns like the MAC guns from halo. these might not be able to fit on the BC-303 due to size. However, once earth starts building mothership size ships thi type of weapon is perfect for it.

Comment

I don't think we could incorperate Ancient tech into ours just yet because it's so advanced. I think we should stick with Go'auld tech. As of "The Rising" we haven't been able to even intergrate our technology with the Ancients, so ancient tech is completely out.
                                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X