• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    You say BC-303 is around 12.5m?=)

Since an Ha'tak is around 250

I'd say that the BC-303 is around 125-150m
    250 m? That's a tad on the small side!

And yes, Anubis' ships had modified shields and weapons, hence how he blew up Thor's ship

Comment

What about building 'normal' ships ?
      Since most of Atlantis is water, a sub would be nice to defend the place.
      A full sized sub-wouldn't fit through the Gate, so they'd have to be armed mini-subs.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Anubis is just too powerful for anyone! Muwahaaaaa!
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          Anubis is just too powerful for anyone! Muwahaaaaa!
          I think we all know by now, that Anubis is the man.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            250 m? That's a tad on the small side!

And yes, Anubis' ships had modified shields and weapons, hence how he blew up Thor's ship

well I saw that figure on some website, with a detailed process on how they came up with that figure. And since it's the only size I've seen mentioned that's the one I'm using.

One could check Maternal Instinct and take the size from the landed Ha'tak and see how many Jaffa it takes to get the radius.'

How big do you think a Ha'tak is then?

Comment

Well, In 'Double Jeopardy' we learned that Cronus' ship could carry up to one thousand Jaffa.
              And that seemed to be standard Ha'tak-class vessel.
              So they have to be pretty big.
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The problem with death gliders is they have one each each wing so they're too spread out, no wonder they can't hit anything .
                The 302's would probably be fitted with something similar but more centerline [like most current aircraft and their cannons]. Hell, I'd be keen to see an avenger strapped on, see how them gliders feel about some 30mm trinium-enhanced DU . If you've no idea what I mean think A-10.
                Osiris's ship blasting Thor's ship? I got the feeling it was 'old tech' for the Asgard, especially when three 'O'Neill'-class ships turned up [churned them out fast didn't they ] and Thor would've fitted the latest shields on the Prometheus after we saved their asses, again.
                Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

*drool* A-10 cannons on a F-302....

ahem, anyhoo. back to the X-303
                  Since Thor mentioned fitting asgard designed shields AND weapons, i presume it has at least one asgard beam weapon thingo (blue white shots). As for other weapons i spose guns like AA guns or salvaged Goa'uld guns would be used (orange shots)

And I'm pretty sure the expended ordnance thing was about the F-302s - they can only carry about 4 missiles rite?

Comment

We haven't seen any Asgard Beams:>

Comment

well I saw that figure on some website, with a detailed process on how they came up with that figure. And since it's the only size I've seen mentioned that's the one I'm using.

One could check Maternal Instinct and take the size from the landed Ha'tak and see how many Jaffa it takes to get the radius.'

How big do you think a Ha'tak is then?
                      I'm afraid they're incorrect, no matter how they came up with the figure. 250 meters is the size of a wet navy cruiser, not small to be sure but not large enough to fit all of the systems the Prometheus has. If you multiply that by five it might be more believable, but I don't know by how much. And just for the record, the Goa'uld Mothership is 6.5 kilometers long front-to-back.

Comment

AFAIK the Prometheus was using standard AA cannons (think CWIS) AND Asgard designed blue beam thingies in "Lost City", they seem to have loaded it down with no shortage of firepower.

Due to the pounding they were getting, I doubt they could divert hardly energy to the energy weapons, as every spare volt was going to shields.

and on Thor's ship getting destroyed by Osiris, I would wager the ship didn't even have full power up on their shields, it wouldn't be the first time the Asgard superiority mentality bit them in the ass. Furthermore, it was probably the Asgard equivilent of a science vessel, certainly not a battlecruiser. The Asgard were so arrogent (in their own, cute little way) that they probably assumed a science vessel would always be more than a match for a Goa'uld attack.

The prometheus seems to have been fitted with Asgard "combat" shields, like their battlecruisers have (although, probably weaker due to a less powerful energy source)
                        just my 2c

Comment

The blue things were problably just tracers. I believe they exist IRL too.

Comment

We haven't seen any Asgard Beams:>
                            yes we have when the asuard ambused the replicators we saw a load of them!
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Courtesy of Donnie_Darko

Weapons : (?)
                              Missile (?) - The X303 carries a number of missiles for offensive and defensive means. Since this ship was designed by the United States Air force, standard missiles and armaments are available for ship use. They would have to be augmented to be used in space, with different warheads and with anti-Goa'uld systems.

There would be long range missiles used in orbit to bombard planets or to hit targets at a long distance, short range missiles meant to be used against ships or ground forces. Depending on the force needed a standard warhead or Naquadria/Naquadah enhanced can be used. They can be equipped with shield frequency modulator to penetrate shields of ships. The X303 has six rear and four front missile tubes. This gives it excellent front and backfiring arcs. (611-Prometheus, 713-Grace)

Point Defense Weapons (?) - These weapons are primarily used as defensive means. The X303 carries Anti-Aircraft guns for close range defense and to target ground targets. It is unknown what type of weapon is used in this system could be a standard AA gun, a rail gun design or even energy based weapons. Tracers are frequently used to track weapons fire. Most are mounted on turrets to give it wide firing arcs and the ability to track targets. (722-The Lost City Part 2)

Energy Weapon (?) - The X303 is equipped with weapons based on Asgard and Goa'uld designs. They are most likely bolt type weapons of plasma or other charged particles.

Jamming Weapon (?) - A Goa'uld system jamming that can block the control signal used by most Goa'uld control devices. (715-Chimera)

Shields (?) - The shields on the X303 are based on Asgard designs and are made to withstand Goa'uld weapons. In order for the shields to be effective, they need to be kept constantly charged. The shields are also responsible to keep the ship together, and to deflect particles at high sub-slight speeds. Also, the effectiveness of shield in an atmosphere is less than in space. (722-The Lost City Part 2)

Pormetheus against Hatak

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship
                              Winner Prometheus
                              *****I am using a final version of the BC-303, full hyperdrive, shield and weapons capabilities. This includes the addition of energy weapons and full power from the reactors.******

In a one on one fight with a Ha’Tak ship, the Prometheus wins easily. As we seen, an attack from a distance of slow moving missiles is not effective; the other ship has time to take out our missiles. Therefore, we will be using our own energy weapons and Asgard weapons at close range. The energy weapons being developed are based on Goa'uld designs so they would be on par weapons wise. However, due to our superior shields and the Asgard weapons we would last longer with out major damage

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders
                              Winner Prometheus
                              Same stats. As above, the battle will take more time because of more targets our missile defense would take out most of the gliders before they come into range. We would have light damage.

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support
                              Winner Prometheus
                              Same as above, the Prometheus would have heavy damage.

Prometheus VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support + Command Ship
                              Winner Goa'uld, major damage to support ships and destruction of most gliders
                              Some damage to the Ha'Tak, no damage to Command ship
                              Same stats. However, due to the extra fire power from the Command Ship we would be taken out by sheer force.

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship
                              Winner Prometheus, no damage

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders
                              Winner Prometheus, light damage

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support
                              Winner Prometheus, light damage, loss of fighters

Prometheus + 8 X302 VS Ha'Tak pyramid ship + Death gliders + Al'Kesh support + Command Ship
                              *Winner Prometheus, major damage or destruction of ship due to suicide run loss of all fighters
                              *Winner Goa'uld, loss or damage to all glider squads and major damage to Al'Kesh and Ha'Tak light damage to Command Ship.

http://www.stargate-tech.net/starships/earth/x303.htm

Dimensions Unknown. Scaling work is in progress. Suggests length of ~150-200 meters currently

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

You say BC-303 is around 12.5m?=)

Since an Ha'tak is around 250

I'd say that the BC-303 is around 125-150m
                                The Prometheus is WAY bigger than that look at this pic compared to the prom and daniel

That is way more than 150m and that doesnt even show you the whole ship
                                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                                X