This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elitenova
    that's what I told them. If Felger plasma torpedo was working it would be called Faser short for (Felger Anti-ship energy ray)
    Forget Felger -- I'd want more of what the Asgard have. Heck, some how equip the prommie with those golden squid things from the Ancient outpost.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
      personally i have never seen an asgard cloaking device in action
      The cloaking device, is not like the Romulan Cloacking Device from startrek, where it actually makes the ship invisibile, by sight and sensors. I think the asgard just have a device that blocks sensors. I remeber thor saying something about it to Major Davis and the SGC. Davis was like "We never detected an alien vessel orbiting Earth." and THor was like "Um....Asgard Clocking device blocks most sensors" or something to that extent.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

What about replacing Prometheus' hyper-drive with an ion drive ?
        That might get her going again.
        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
          What about replacing Prometheus' hyper-drive with an ion drive ?
          That might get her going again.
          What do you mean? Last time we saw it, the Prometheus was working just fine...
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            What do you mean? Last time we saw it, the Prometheus was working just fine...
            Yeah, right. Working fine my Nik'ta.
            She had to travel in short hops and her weapons proved to be lot less effective then I'd hoped against the alien ship.
            Plus, lets not forget what happened in 'The Lost City'.
            All and all, I think Prommie needs more work.

Could somebody please add a spoiler warning to the title of this thread.
            I have no idea how to do it.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Oh, puhleeze.

It was Jack (in "Fair Game"), not Major Davis, who said that Earth had telescopes and other stuff that can detect ships in orbit. Thor simply says that Earth sensors have never been able to detect Asgaard ships before.

No cloak, just an implication of stealth technology.

The X-301 was most likely a technology demonstrator and an emergency stop-gap measure until they could improve upon their own starfighter design (the 302).

Comment

It would be cool to see a fleet of X303s.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Yeah, right. Working fine my Nik'ta.
                  She had to travel in short hops and her weapons proved to be lot less effective then I'd hoped against the alien ship.
                  Plus, lets not forget what happened in 'The Lost City'.
                  All and all, I think Prommie needs more work.

Could somebody please add a spoiler warning to the title of this thread.
                  I have no idea how to do it.
                  Yes, they need to build a new hyperdrive, but the Al'kesh's hyperdrive is fine as a stopgap measure. The Serrakin Ion drives are iffy in the region of FTL travel (though, they really should be able to...)

And what happened to it in Lost City? It survived a massive beating from Anubis' Ancient-ified weapons? I think it faired very well for a ship about 1/20th the size of a Ha'tak...

Comment

I think those were basic Goa'uld main cannons, seen on any type of mothership. With the asgard shields in place, they really stood a good chance of doing something to counter Anubis' offensive. I think the Ancient technology must be powered by the EYes of Ra or w\e that thing, they were looking for in Full Circle was. I beleive they gave the extra power Anubis needed to fire those/that gun.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                      I think those were basic Goa'uld main cannons, seen on any type of mothership. With the asgard shields in place, they really stood a good chance of doing something to counter Anubis' offensive. I think the Ancient technology must be powered by the EYes of Ra or w\e that thing, they were looking for in Full Circle was. I beleive they gave the extra power Anubis needed to fire those/that gun.
                      Remember WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in Season 5 when Anubis kicked the Tollan and Thor's asses with his weapons...?

Comment

That was a regular mothership with modified shields. Both blocked the ion cannons and the asgard weapons. That is, until Fraye introduced the O'Niel class.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          That is, until Fraye introduced the O'Niel class.
                          It's O'Neill class, and the design was introduced in season four. "Small Victories" by Thor.
                          The ship was build to fight Replicators, not Goa'uld.
                          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Yes, they need to build a new hyperdrive, but the Al'kesh's hyperdrive is fine as a stopgap measure. The Serrakin Ion drives are iffy in the region of FTL travel (though, they really should be able to...)

And what happened to it in Lost City? It survived a massive beating from Anubis' Ancient-ified weapons? I think it faired very well for a ship about 1/20th the size of a Ha'tak...

You say BC-303 is around 12.5m?=)

Since an Ha'tak is around 250

I'd say that the BC-303 is around 125-150m

Comment

Watch out ! Spoilers !
                              S
                              P
                              O
                              I
                              L
                              E
                              R
                              S
                              !
                              In 'Grace', Carter said that Prometheus was about 10 times the size of an Al'Kesh.
                              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

It's O'Neill class, and the design was introduced in season four. "Small Victories" by Thor.
                                The ship was build to fight Replicators, not Goa'uld.
                                I know when it was introduced, I just meant like introduced to the Goa'uld, not just the Tau'ri. But yea, they were used to fight the replicators, but then again they were the most advanced ship design the Asgard had ever made. Even Fraye said that they far surpassed the normal Asgard mother ship. Now if only I had a transcript.

Comment

Working...
                                X