X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with one of this year's Strange New Worlds contest winners

http://scifipulse.net/Trek_ArchiveII...05/SNWPT3.html

The following interview was conducted by Dr. Joseph Di Lella with this year’s Paul Tseng, Star Trek’s: Strange New Worlds ‘Honourable Mention’ winner.

How many SNW stories did you submit last year?

“For SNW8 I submitted 18 original manuscripts.”

Why did you write so many?

“Dean Smith put out a challenge to anyone who would write 10 stories and I made a goal of writing 20! A couple of weeks before the deadline, I had finished 15 stories and was exhausted. I decided to mail them in and finish up with SNW8 for the year. But then someone on the AOL SNW message board put out a challenge one week before the actual deadline saying that we should just send one more story in. And as you can see, I love a challenge. That week I wrote three more stories, making a total of 18. One of my initial 15 got sold to SNW and one of them made the alternate list. Two of the last minute stories also made the alternate list for a total of 1 sale and 3 alternate lists. For those who don't know, alternate list stories are ones that Dean considers good enough to publish. Of course, you can't have more than one story per author in an anthology.”
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri
Working...
X