This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Calcs.

Hey I thought it'd be cool to have the numbers for different weapons, see how they compare what they're capable of.

Calc examples:

Chamber psi

psi on impact

ranges

energy output

etc. etc. etc.

Gun examples:

P-90
    7.62mm
    9mm

etc. etc. etc.

"Fools! Don't you realize yet, you're up against the Perfect weapon?!"-Perfect Cell

"Those wounds look painful...I'm sure this makes them BURN!"-Perfect Cell

i dont understand what you are asking. u want us to state gun cal. sizes?

Comment

No, he would like the specifications of guns. The released energy, the strength of the projectile etc.

Hey I thought it'd be cool to have the numbers for different weapons, see how they compare what they're capable of.
      You ended that sentence with a preposition, B-WORD! (lol) (Quote=Jack)

Owen Macri

Comment

Ok, go for it. The calculations you're suggesting will take about five minutes per gun. NB: Use SI. The imperial system is absurd.
        Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Metric all the way.
          ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

colt .45 2125 fps

Comment

FN P90 - standard weapon of SG and Atlantis Teams

Manufacturer: Fabrique Nationale (Belgium)

Class: Submachine gun

Caliber: 5.7x28mm AP rounds

Weight: 2.54 kg empty; 3 kg loaded with magazine with 50 rounds

Length: 500 mm

Barrel length: 263 mm

Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute

Magazine capacity: 50 rounds

Effective range: 200 meters

Accessories: ¬ - laser sight
              - silencer
              - 3.5x Scope

Designed in 1980 by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium, this weapon was initially designed for vehicle crews that required the needed firepower to punch through enemy bulletproof vest and CRISTAT helmets from a distance of 50 – 100 meters. This weapon has now been adopted by numerous law enforcement agencies. The FN P90 is used by Saudi Arabia, Peruvian Special Forces and members of the Thailand Army.

Beretta 92F/FS – standard issue sidearm for SG and Atlantis teams

Manufacturer: Beretta (Italy)

Class: Semi-Automatic Pistol

Caliber: 9mm Parabellum

Capacity: 10-15-17 rounds depending on magazine

Frame material: Aluminum light alloy

Slide and barrel material: Carbon steel or stainless steel

Grip material: Plastic

Barrel length: 125 mm

Length: 217 mm

Height: 137 mm

Width: 39 mm

Mass: 945 g

Accessories: -Silencer
              -Laser Sight
              -High Capacity Magazine (up to 30 rounds)

This pistol is used by police all over the world and especially the US Army.
              ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

First off it's a suppresser. Secondly the P90 uses a 1x sight or as an option a Picatinny rail which one could mount any sight one pleases.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                  colt .45 2125 fps
                  Have I majourly screwed up in my calculations, or are you telling me that a bullet fired out of a M1911 goes approximatly 647.7 meters/second, or 38.862 kilometers/second, where as, a GLOCK 21's bullet goes, IIRC, somewhere around 248.412-259.08 FPS?!
                  Last edited by Temp2; 08 September 2005, 09:15 AM. Reason: Requested that I use metric...

Comment

<now in tears as he rips his hair out>

WHY are you using imperial - please use SI units - they are much easier to understand and make calculations with, which means that ppl don't make stupid mistakes. I would reference to what's happened above - but I don't understand imperial units - so i don't know how stupidly absurd it is...

If you would care to convert to metric, then i'd be more then happy to laugh in you face... no, no, I mean correct you and show you the error of your ways/calculations...

Take care and keep up the good physics - I would but my I've already had to do too much physics for one day, so i'll leave the calculating to you. Have fun campers...
                    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                      <now in tears as he rips his hair out>

WHY are you using imperial - please use SI units - they are much easier to understand and make calculations with, which means that ppl don't make stupid mistakes. I would reference to what's happened above - but I don't understand imperial units - so i don't know how stupidly absurd it is...

If you would care to convert to metric, then i'd be more then happy to laugh in you face... no, no, I mean correct you and show you the error of your ways/calculations... *snip*
                      I'm probably using Imperial because us, poor, poor Americans are used to using it, and often have to think twice before we shed our oh-so-eliteist ways and "degrade" ourselves into using a system that actually makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Temp2
                        Have I majourly screwed up in my calculations, or are you telling me that a bullet fired out of a M1911 goes approximatly 647.7 meters/second, or 38.862 kilometers/second, where as, a GLOCK 21's bullet goes, IIRC, somewhere around 248.412-259.08 FPS?!
                        srry i forgot to put the . before the 5

Comment

woah. anyway, all calculations like this are supposed to be done in metric. In science classes and engineering classes at my school, they don't teach it any other way. Don't you remember the last time they had to convert? THe probe over mars crashed.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

One of my lecturers was giving an examination in America, and they refused to use metric. Of course the system is completely absurd so why stop there? He wrote the examination with explicit instructions that all length calculations were to be done in "lecturer lengths", all time in fortnights, all mass in pots (the mass of one of his stove pots, I should imagine), or something like that. Amusing.
                            Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

You know, there are alot of pages on the web for that kind of stuff, for example:

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X