PDA

View Full Version : make your on space fighter

captain keys
August 31st, 2005, 09:12 AM
if you coul make ur own fighter what would it look like and what weapons would it have

gallywag
August 31st, 2005, 02:24 PM
mine would proble be a cross between a wraith dart and a f-302 with drone weapons and asgard weapons

captain keys
August 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
mine would look like the ogame heavey fighter with drones

immhotep
September 2nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
The F-303:

The F-303 is the third in series of advanced tauri fightercraft. It predecssors were good ship, the f-301 was a failure but the f-302 was able to survive against multiple foes and take out anubis's highly advanced flagship.

The hyperdrive of the F-302 was designed for use with naquadria, the kelownens super element, that opened up the universe for us,according to the US goverment at least. The hyperdrive was not fully effective because of the instability of the naquadria and could only be used in short jump (bypassing shields was the upside of this apartent flaw though).
Since then the hyperdrive has been further refined by the Tokra, the Hebridens and the Asgard, in return for access to the new element for use in the creation of their own ships; this refinement has made it posible for the F-303's hyperdrive to travel as far and as fast as an Alkesh or Teltak(cargo ship) class vessel, a significant achievement because the ship has only been enlarged by 20% X,Y,Z dimensions.

The weapons have also been inproved by replacing guns and bullets with Rail guns( a weapons that the US goverment is utalising in all field right now after it proving itself effective in defeating many ships and by SG teams trialing it offworld and quoting 'its awesome, the power and potential of these guns are incredible but they feel just like the weapons of the previous decade'.

In addition to the Naquadria hyperdrive being inproved, Shield generation has also been decreased in size to be able to fit smaller ships, for example our F-303. Yes the F-303 has a shield, a very small,weak and experimental shield. The shield isnt very strong but is able to aid the fighter in the battle by allowing several round of fire to be given off without damage taken, by that time the battle is usually over because Rail gun weapons are good weapons for a fighter craft to be equipped with, speed is always on the side of the Tauri when the F-303 is put in to play.

Hebriden/Human ion drives are making the speed of the F-303 very important, the F-303, in terms of speed runs ring around every ship out there, the ion drive can power a ship to over 1.3 million m/s, meaning this ship can cover a distance from earth to pluto in just under 4 hours(at least those were the speed tests performed upon it,' time taken to reach pluto at full ion thrust speed).

The F-303 is a formidable craft, it is by far our most important ship, even more so that the BC-303's because it can be made in great numbers, is armed to the teeth, is fast, has shields and can take on most small craft( such as the alkesh) and survive without a problem.

The F-303 is turning the tide of fighter/MS combat upside down, capable of great speeds, good firepower, shielding and reasonable hyperspace travel it is a great accomplishment for the Tauri and space flight as a whole, all races we are in contact with are impressed with the craft and respect that it is something to be feared and certainly not underestimated; one test of the craft pitted one F-303 against three squadrens of gliders, a time limit of 10 minutes was set and both sides engaged, the F-303 destroyed 17 ships out of 24 in the 10min time frame, and although shield were lost before the end the speed of the craft proved another effective defence(the ship could actually dodge the plamsa bolts).

F-303 ship specifications:

Race: Tauri/Hebriden, Asgard systems used.

First built: year-2010 ship dock Gaia, Tauri system,Milky way Galaxy.

hull: Trinium,carbon and titanium alloy

Size: L.16m CW.4m WS.18m H.2m

Engines: Hebriden Ion propulsion drives, F-302 hyperdrive but refined by Asgard and Tokra for practical hyperspace travel enablement.

Shields: Mini Naquadria powered,modiefied and adapted Teltak shield, enhanced with hebridden Low power anti- solar radition field( the ones used to protect against radiation and the heat of the sun in Space Race, but compressed by the naquadria utilisation in the power)

Weapons: 2 Rail Cannons( similar to Glider cannon but with railguns like those in siege
Power: Naquadria Reactor for Hyperdrive and shields, naquada reactor mark I powering all other systems.

Communications: tokra subspace comms unit(contact between different squadrens in different systems possible but not other galaxy's) and standard Long range Radio,

other systems: RADAR/Sensor array(retroed teltak),Storage of small items/clamping of item/deploymetn of object possible, no cloak as yet but room is their for one,no Asgard beams, inertial dampners, life support/lighting/heating, no gravity generator but inertial dampners do create the same effect as the gravity generator would.

support craft: science probe can be deployed. but no other craft.

Well this is the F-303, enjoy. and comment/poke holes at will!

Supreme Thor
September 2nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Somebody really thought their ship out...lol :D

immhotep
September 2nd, 2005, 11:06 AM
well it is my forte

captain keys
September 2nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
i thought u would name a ship athena????

immhotep
September 2nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
i did, thts in another thread.......

captain keys
September 2nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
k kool have u herd of OGAME??????????

immhotep
September 2nd, 2005, 02:25 PM
yeah i played and got bored

captain keys
September 2nd, 2005, 02:34 PM
what univers where u in

Ascended Times.2
September 3rd, 2005, 06:33 AM
Dam your a fine ship designer immhotep, you should take up a professional career with the USAF, NASA something along those lines....

immhotep
September 3rd, 2005, 06:46 AM
thanks alot, i like ship designing but i cbb to go through the ranks, contact me in 20 years hen the tech is there and im yours!

Three PhDs
September 3rd, 2005, 06:48 AM
I never liked these kinds of threads since what a ship can do and what it looks like are limited by practical matters such as take off weight and hull stress as well as aerodynamic factors, fuel considerations etc.

captain keys
September 3rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
mine would look like the small ship merios had in "space race" that one was cool even tho he cheated i still like his ship

immhotep
September 3rd, 2005, 07:09 AM
I never liked these kinds of threads since what a ship can do and what it looks like are limited by practical matters such as take off weight and hull stress as well as aerodynamic factors, fuel considerations etc.
mine is not far from what we have now, and my modifications are reasonable, so i cant see why my ship wont become feasable in the near future..... the asgard and jaffa or tokra should be able to improve a hyperdrive and crappy shield in return for no naquadria quite easily IMO

Three PhDs
September 3rd, 2005, 07:37 AM
Dam your a fine ship designer immhotep, you should take up a professional career with the USAF, NASA something along those lines....Haha... man, I'm a pilot in training and I don't know enough to design aircraft. :rolleyes:

captain keys
September 3rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Haha... man, I'm a pilot in training and I don't know enough to design aircraft. :rolleyes:
sweet what u gonna fly or what do u wanna fly

Three PhDs
September 3rd, 2005, 03:57 PM
sweet what u gonna fly or what do u wanna flyAt the mo I fly Diamond Katanas and Cessna 172s.

captain keys
September 3rd, 2005, 04:05 PM
kool i wanna be a fighter pilot and fly a raptor but im already in studying to be a chemical engineer i get to blow stuff up tho i get my phd in two months

aAnubiSs
September 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
kool i wanna be a fighter pilot and fly a raptor but im already in studying to be a chemical engineer i get to blow stuff up tho i get my phd in two years
You get your PhD at the age of 17?

captain keys
September 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
ive been taking collage classes from 10 am to midnight since i was a fresman
technicaly i go to school in canada but i live ohio and trust me ive had my fare share of head achs so yeah i get it when im 17 but i have to waite till im 18 to practice in the usa but if i get done when im supposed to ill only have to waite about a month

ps good luck with the pilot stuff three phds

_Owen_
September 4th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Cool, a phd when you are seventeen...

Owen Macri

Macilnar
September 4th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I will get back to you on this after I see the Aurora...

captain keys
September 4th, 2005, 02:52 PM
arura is a battleship but ok

captain keys
September 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
i will be the only person in my family to get there phd except for my dad

immhotep
September 5th, 2005, 12:07 AM
the aurora is a transport ship, not a battleship or fighter.....

captain keys
September 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
realy??

section31
September 5th, 2005, 07:34 PM
My fighter plane is called the F-302B – “Bird of Prey”. This spacecraft is an upgrade of the standard F-302. This project codenamed Project Rainmaker is made possible through the collaboration of a dozen different countries including Canada, Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, the Czech Republic, Australia and the United States.

Primary contractors included in this project are mostly American based but English, French, and Canadian aerospace companies were involved in as well. Project Rainmaker was formed in the summer of 2005 and the first working prototype will be ready by late 2010, the purpose of this project is to address original F-302’s weakness – it carriers a limited number of weapons. The F-302B counters this problem with the installment of an internal bomb bay and the Striker particle cannon.

Designation: F-302B – “Bird of Prey”

Role: Multi-role Fighter

Design: 1.5 times the size of an F-302.

Hull:
Carbon Ceramic 17 – an alloy consisting of carbon, carbide, trinium and
Naquadah. Hard points on the airframe is made of slid trinium to sustain hypersonic flight.

Sensors:
-Active Radar
-LIDAR
-FILR

Propulsion:
Ramjet Air Breathing Engines: This engine is a cousin of Scramjet Engine used by the Aurora Hypersonic Bomber, it has a maximum speed of Mach 15 (17 874 km/h).

Scramjet AeroSpike Engines: Fueled by super refined mix of hydrogen
and methane, the Scramjet AeroSpike engines sustain a maximum speed of Mach 25 (29 790 km/h)

Generation 2 Hyperdrive: This Hyperdrive engine is almost identical to the one on the F-302, except this B variant allows the spacecraft to be 24% faster and stay in hyperspace 65% longer before shutting down to recharge.

Power Source:
The F-302B is powered by a Mark 2 Naquadah Generator

Armaments:

Most F302B are armed with the following for multi-mission roles:
1 30mm Rail gun, 400 rounds

2 Striker Particle Cannon, located on the tips of the craft. Shortly after the fall of the Gou’old, the SGC obtained 4 Death Gliders and 1 Al’kesh with the support of the Free Jaffa. Scientists estimate that they will be able to reverse engineer their own version of the Death Glider’s disruptor cannons by 2008.

4 Foe Hammer Air to Air missiles, Two of these missiles are located under the both Aerospike engines. It has the firepower to destroy a F302B and inflict moderate damage to an Al’Kesh.

The Following are installed inside the Bomb bay :

4 Foe Hammer Air to Air Missiles

2 Foe Smasher HE Missiles, this missile contains a high explosive warhead that is designed to destroy a single Al’Kesh

1 Ground Hog Penetrator Missile, As the name suggests, this hydrogen propelled bomb is used to destroy bunkers, a single Ground Hog released from 100 000ft can sustain enough velocity to punch through Cheyenne Mountain, into level 25. Also this weapon can be inflict moderate damage to a Gou’old mother ship if its shields are disabled.

Electronics: -20 Terabit Processor
-Electronic Counter Measures
-Electronic Counter Counter Measures
-Digital Interface
-Secure Encryption link

Other Features:

Inertia Dampeners: This new and improved inertia dampeners can
compensate for 98.7% of the G force sustained when in hypersonic flights. The Inertia Dampeners will compensate for all maneuvers executed during a dogfight, however the pilot will feel the G forces if the pilot makes any extreme turns once the throttle is pushed past 98%

Adaptive Camouflage: Though this craft cannot cloak, it can be made to fool the human eye. Lightweight optoelectronic systems built around advanced image sensors and display panels render the fighter craft transparent and thus effectively invisible. This would give Bird of Prey pilots a distinctive advantage against enemy pilots, especially in a dogfight. Unfortunately the 302B can still be tracked by conventional radar, and since Adaptive Camouflage takes up a majority of the computer’s processing power, it can only be sustained for 20 minutes and requires a 5 minute cool down time.

I also would like to be a pilot and fly a JSF….when the first ones roll into Canada by 2025…but unfortunately I wear glasses and the Canadian government doesn’t like laser eye surgery so yeah….*mutters*

immhotep
September 6th, 2005, 09:09 AM
wow im impressed, u nailed it IMO, that is the next craft, my one wud come after it and i think that will do for a while. well done, green to you :)

captain keys
September 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
that is very impressive

section31
September 6th, 2005, 02:27 PM
:) thank you, and yeah immotep you're right perhaps your fighter would come after mine

captain keys
September 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
i think so too

ray245
September 15th, 2005, 11:27 PM
How about a heavy bomber...carries a number of mk9s and other kinds og heavy weapons...a few cannons or amybe one to two railguns for defense and fast enough to bomb the hell out of the enemy mothership...

captain keys
September 16th, 2005, 12:58 PM
How about a heavy bomber...carries a number of mk9s and other kinds og heavy weapons...a few cannons or amybe one to two railguns for defense and fast enough to bomb the hell out of the enemy mothership...
huum thats interesting

general ben
September 22nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
after reading thought all the post i had to make my own ship and i thought about what i think we need. so here it goes

the international commitee looking over the design and cost of the BC-303 series of ships have decieded to create a new fighter that would have be able to travel with interstellar travel that is affordable for all countries and be able to take on a mothership.

a design team bases thier ship off the F-302 and call it the Super F-302 it is much larger than an F-302 about 60% bigger and has a lot of upgrades. the program gets moved ahead of schedule when Dr. Jackson informs the commitee about the Ori and the threat that they pose to our world and galaxy.

propulsion:
1. there is a hyperdrive engine- this engine is same engine used in the X-302 that used naqudria only has been modified to power off a mark 2 naq generator
2. has 4 modified aerospike engines (the same used in the F-302)

sheilds:
standard tolkra shield ran off a naq generator is able to protect the ship from small arms fire as well as light energy weapons from either a staff weapon or a death glider.
also has a limited cloaking device that can be used in short burst of 20 to 30 mins for use in an ambush which is need when taking on a mothership.

weapons:
1. 2xM61A2 Vulcan 20mm- mostly for use against death gliders and other close proximity fighting
2. 6 naquadah enhanced missles- use against larger targets ,like an alkesh, and also for ground targets
3. has 3 internal bays to hold up to 6 mark 9 nuclear warheads- to attack motherships with, i am assuming that the usaf has a version that is a rocket type. this bay can also hold a number of other ordaince and is upgradeable
4. has 2 mounted rail guns on the tips of the wings- for use of any targets

layout:
although it is designed offed the F-302 there are many differences the most noticable the Super F-302 has a 3 seat configuration 2 for pilots and 1 for a tech person who supervises the hyperdrive engine and monitors the sheild and other functions on the ship. the ship would be made out of a the same material that the F-302's are made out of.

other:
although this is a stand alone ship it is not for use in a long term mission without the use of the BC-303's to allow for refueling and rearmerment as well as rest and food. its mission is simple to destroy anything that is viewed as a threat. the production would start as soon as possible with the money from the internation community and with the us infastructure it shouldn't be very hard to start the production of these awesome ships.

btw this is my first post i hope u enjoyed it feel free to poke holes in my design and make any suggestions to it.

captain keys
September 23rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
nice very nice

Den Sethos
September 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Not exactly a fighter, but hey!

A mothership inspired by Anubis' and Apophis' designs. When the superweapon is activated, the energy bolts travel along the star-shaped extensions of the ship. With a whole new feature: the deflagrating shield. Energy gets accumulated in the shield which will suddenly expand and contract creating shockwaves. Since it is omnidirectionnal, no problem getting rid of annoying fast fighters that dodge traditionnal energy weapons. And since ships are male in my mother-language the name is: Nergal. God of death in ancient Mesopotamia.

captain keys
September 24th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Not exactly a fighter, but hey!

A mothership inspired by Anubis' and Apophis' designs. When the superweapon is activated, the energy bolts travel along the star-shaped extensions of the ship. With a whole new feature: the deflagrating shield. Energy gets accumulated in the shield which will suddenly expand and contract creating shockwaves. Since it is omnidirectionnal, no problem getting rid of annoying fast fighters that dodge traditionnal energy weapons. And since ships are male in my mother-language the name is: Nergal. God of death in ancient Mesopotamia.
but still its a good design

Zekk
September 24th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Ok were do I start, How about an upgraded version of the f-302.
Name: Pheonix PF-302.
Color: Black.
Size: 1.2 of f-302.
Purpose: Recon .
Wepons: 1 railgun on nose.
Sheilds: none.
cloaking: Alterran Puddle Jumper Cloak.
Hyperdrive: Naqudria Standerd Upgraded with reverse engineered Zedpm (Less powerfull but still efective enough for intersteller travel).
Thrust: 2 Ion/Plasma hybrid engines. This engine has sublight speed of 1/4 the speed of light. in other words it can get from earth to the moon in a few hours (give or take a little while).
Design: Something like the blackbird(The real one). ;)
Other: none.
No. of pilots: Two one to pilot and control the machine and another to handle everything else. Taking pics ect. (This is a recon ship).

Well I guess thats all. if I forgot anything leme know. While I have A good imagination The details are more difficult. :D

cobraR478
September 24th, 2005, 06:44 PM
My fighter would be able to travel anywhere, instantly. Its shield technology would stop any projectile and would absorb any level of energy fire and use it to increase its shields effectiveness. It would fire anti-matter missiles as well as drones. It would have the puddle jumper cloak as well. It would be as large as I want it to be or as small as I want it to be. ;)

Macilnar
September 24th, 2005, 09:36 PM
BC-909

Type:
Hyperspace capable warship

Technology Base:
Earth/Alteran/Asgard.

Operational Area:
Atmospheric - Local Space - Deep space - Hyperspace

Power plant:
Asgard Reactor
Zero Point Energy (ZPM) module interface

Engines:
Alteran Hyperdrive
Sublight drive system
Antigravity wave generators.

Crew complement:
50-100 personnel.

Weapons Array:
Full compliment of Drones
Forward mounted VLS pack of 2 X 8 Missile silos for a total of 16 launch packs.
20+ defensive Rail guns.

Defensive Technology:
Alteran designed defense shields.
Probable Electronic Warfare equipment.
Heavy trinium alloy hull.

Support Craft:
Hanger bays supporting 20+ Reversed engineered Puddle Jumpers.

Troop capacity:
1 company

Other Equipment:
Asgard transporter beams.
Alteran advanced sensors.
Alteran Trans Galactic Hyperdrive.
Hanger bay Atmospheric containment fields.

Dimensions:
Length: 300 meters
Width: 200 meters

general ben
September 24th, 2005, 09:45 PM
i thought this was just for fighters i didn't know we were gonna make a mothership ill have to come up with a design for that.

Macilnar
September 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
opps...Fighters only...the price I pay for using "Ancient" as my font...I miss a few things now and then.

Franklyn Blaze
September 24th, 2005, 10:37 PM
My perfect ship would be the Scimitar. I know its not from from the stargate universe but this, to me, represents the best ship I would want to be in when going against anything in the the pegasus galaxy, even the milky way too.

This baby comes with two dozen torpedo launchers and phaser banks, primary and secondary shield generators, it can cloak, AND fire while cloaked AND can be shilded while cloaked. It also comes standard with your very own planet killing (dirty bomb esque) weapon! Very handy against the wraith if I do say so myself.

Oh and as a bonus you get a full launching bay of scorpion class attack fighters, armed to the teeth to go toe to toe with any wraith darts. (like you'll have to use them anyways but theres a million uses for them)

Last but not least it just looks awesome, and it's freaking huge! (compare it to the enterprise in the picture and you can get an idea the enterprise's dimensions in the picture are about 700 meters long 250 meters wide and 88 meters tall)

immhotep
September 25th, 2005, 02:28 AM
am i allow to do bigger ships because if so, the post will be massive!

immhotep
September 25th, 2005, 03:49 AM
screw it i started a new thread its so long! i had to split the post!

Zekk
September 25th, 2005, 08:41 AM
This would never be in stargate(STUPID COPYRIGHT LAWS :mad: ) but it would be cool to fly this thing any way :D .
http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/mechanics/ms_freedom.html
As I said this would never be in stargate but it is a 60 foot Robot with enough fire power to take out a fleet of gliders easy :D

freyr's mother
September 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Mine would be like the puddle jumper except it would have a bathroom and the entire rear compartment would be space for extra drones. It is manned by two people in case of an on board problem with the circuits. It can cloak. I would also give it some kind of energy weapon like the satellite beam weapon. Also seatbelts.

Zekk
September 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
This would never be in stargate(STUPID COPYRIGHT LAWS :mad: ) but it would be cool to fly this thing any way :D .
http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/mechanics/ms_freedom.html
As I said this would never be in stargate but it is a 60 foot Robot with enough fire power to take out a fleet of gliders easy :D
I fixed the link :o so if anybody had problems with it. My fault :D

Zekk
September 27th, 2005, 02:13 PM
The Mech: The Mech is a fighter of sorts. Tech specs.
this is a robot shaped out like a human ;)
Hight: 16.5 meters.
With: 5-7 meters.
Weapons: it carries 2 Ion rifles. in the head are 4 built in rail guns. also two beam sabers :p .
Sheilds: None its hull is to strong to worry about it.
Hull: Advanced super element from the Kataos home world.
Armor: A PS (Phase Shift) Armor Thats immune to ballistic weapons.
Engine: It it pushed by 2 Ion/plasma Engines in its back.
Power: Reversed engineered Zedpm.
Cockpit: Is in the waist, It only holds one pilot but thats all it needs.
It would look kinda like this http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/mechanics/ms_strike.html

general ben
September 27th, 2005, 02:35 PM
that is an interesting fighter, i think that could be something that is more of a down the line fighter something that would take a lot of research to complete but i have to say that it is well thought out only problem i have with it is how manuvable is this fighter i guess i just don't see it having the agility of a regular fighter craft

Zekk
September 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
that is an interesting fighter, i think that could be something that is more of a down the line fighter something that would take a lot of research to complete but i have to say that it is well thought out only problem i have with it is how manuvable is this fighter i guess i just don't see it having the agility of a regular fighter craft
The manuverablity of it depends on the pilot and this is not a fighter that earth uses. Read the Katao.http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9901&page=1&pp=20 :D

SmallTimePerson
September 28th, 2005, 03:24 AM
my ship
Name: S-1
engine: intersteller hyperdrive
and a reverse engineered PJ engine
power: a mount for a Z.P.M
and a zero point energy generator from earth (currently being researched, in real life)
shield: very basic, capable of taking wraith dart fire
cloak: main defensive feature, as long as power is operational and the shield generator isn't damaged it will last indefinatly (reverse enginereed from PJ)
weapons: 6 drone weapons, 2 naquidah enhanced nuclear missles (for those annoying civilizations) and a reversed engineered wraith hive ship weapon
Dispenser mount: 2 probes and 1 auto firing defense satellite (life span 5 minutes)
Extras: anti G force device (earth made, just artificial gravity pulling you all over the plave) and artificial gravity
Intended use: Stealth missions, recon, probing and anti-fighter to anti-cruiser attacks

This ship would be a cross between a PJ and a scorpian off Halo. The cockpit would be similar to a PJ, but has only enough room for 2 people and has no rear compartment. The wraith weapon would be like a tail on the back near the generator and engines that look like a block on the back. Because of the materials used this ship can withstand solar flares and heavy gunfire, without a shiel on.

Zekk
September 29th, 2005, 05:31 PM
:cool:Cool. you got info on the ZPG? :cool:

SmallTimePerson
September 29th, 2005, 09:38 PM
:cool:Cool. you got info on the ZPG? :cool:
yes i do,
theres a couple of sites i got it off, and a few mags my friend got from the library. The best one is zpenergy.com (www.zpenergy.com)
there is another site that i have under favourites at school.
brief summary:
Zero point energy is energy in a complete vaccum
ZPE is easy to make, but there are problems extracting it (not found yet)
ZPG would make soundless 1,200 people passenger jets a reality, make 12 hour trips to the moon slow and create mach 4 jet fighter silent.

Zekk
September 30th, 2005, 07:39 AM
yes i do,
theres a couple of sites i got it off, and a few mags my friend got from the library. The best one is zpenergy.com (www.zpenergy.com)
there is another site that i have under favourites at school.
brief summary:
Zero point energy is energy in a complete vaccum
ZPE is easy to make, but there are problems extracting it (not found yet)
ZPG would make soundless 1,200 people passenger jets a reality, make 12 hour trips to the moon slow and create mach 4 jet fighter silent.
Or power my gundam..... Really My Batteries died:p j/k

SmallTimePerson
October 1st, 2005, 01:11 AM
The Mech: The Mech is a fighter of sorts. Tech specs.
Hight: 16.5 meters.
With: 5-7 meters.
Weapons: it carries 2 Ion rifles. in the head are 4 built in rail guns. also two beam sabers :p .
Sheilds: None its hull is to strong to worry about it.
Hull: Advanced super element from the Kataos home world.
Armor: A PS (Phase Shift) Armor Thats immune to ballistic weapons.
Engine: It it pushed by 2 Ion/plasma Engines in its back.
Power: Reversed engineered Zedpm.
Cockpit: Is in the waist, It only holds one pilot but thats all it needs.
It would look kinda like this http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/mechanics/ms_strike.html
it would be intimidating. Imagine being in space and seeing this massive human whizzing past...

Deckker
October 1st, 2005, 06:46 AM
Here is Mine, Hope you guys like it

F-412

While the F-302 worked well as Earth Multi-role figher, it became clear that it was still very much a prototype design to accomdate all possible technology into a single frame.

The F-412 is the replacment to the F-302 as a multi-role fighter. To reduce the cost of production, the F-412 was built to be a module base fighter, being able to swap various components to meet mission requirements.

The Basic F-412 is equipped with pair hybrid dual intake Fusion turbines. The dual intake nature allows it to operate in a suitable atmosphere with greater fuel efficiency then it would in space. In a Vacuum environment the turbines make use of its onboard supply of Naqueda to achieve maximum operating potential.

The F-412 is designed with 2 dedicated weapon modules, 8 equipment pylons and 1 Multi-purpose module. This allows the F-412 to be outfitted to meet mission requirements exactly. They are also equipped with a low-particle dispersion shield.

The most common armament fitted into the 2 dedicated weapon modules, are a pair of Low-velocity Rail guns, designing primarily for fighter to fighter combat and penetrations of soft target. Other known armaments are the installation of a Neutrino Pulse cannon, primarily designed for the purposes of assault larger Aircrafts, Standard 25mm cannons are also mountable, but are generally use for training purposes.

The 8 Equipment Modules are extremely versatile; they are capable of mounting clusters of additional missiles, additional fuel tanks or the installation of EMT, Enchanted maneuvering thrusters, for close proximity combat. Most F-412s are launched with the EMT installed on 2 pylons, 4 clusters of 3 anti-fighter missiles and 2 Low yield Nuclear warheads to support in anti-cruiser operations. The 2 inner most pylons are the largest and are capable of the installation of 2 Mark 7 tactical Nuclear Missiles for bomber operations if required.

The Multi-purpose module is usually left empty, but if out fitted, they contain a hyper drive, additional communication equipment or additional life-support systems. More rare uses have being the installation of cloaking technology taken from the city of Atlantis.

The aircraft it self is considerable large in size, 26m in length and 34 m in with and is incapable of fitting through a star gate. Top velocity for the aircraft is Mach 28 in space and Mach 12 on Earth. This is sufficient speed to achieve escape velocity, and reasonable space base operations.

The F-412 is not without defenses. The low-particle dispersion shield primarily role is to protect space dust from impacting the hull of the space craft. It can however be charged sufficiently to take several shots from a death gilder. There is a emergency overload system which can provide a few seconds of increase protection in exchange for a 1 minute cool down of the shield to absorb explosions from incoming explosive armaments. A rear firing low yield EMP cannon is installed in the hopes of disabling missile fire and standard countermeasures as well.

The F-412 is currently undergoing production in Area 51 to provide a sizeable force of aircraft to protect Atlantis.

Daniel's_twin
October 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM
Hmm, if I could make a fighter of my own...

Something a little bit larger then the F-302. Trinium hull. Short wings that are swept back and are equipped with the same kind of Inertial Dampening propultion system that the Goa'uld Death Glider operates off of (no evident engine to target). The glass would be translucent, with some futuristic kinda holographic HUD information across it (within range of my eyesight). The basic design of the body would look like a rather sleek bullet. Its power source would be a safer Naquadah Generator toward the center of the ship.

Weaon's systems would vary. The weapons that can be carried on the under-wings and belly of the ship would be inter-changeable, depending on what kind of mission it would be sent on. For action against an entire fleet of ships (this thing could take on about a dozen Death Gliders at once and three Al'kesh, but probably not at the same time), this thing would end up getting equipped with a machine gun at the tips of the wings,three two missiles on each wing and an energy weapon on the under-belly. For special bombing missions (think S7 Fallen), The machine guns would end up getting replaced with a couple of those "Goa'uld busters" (the missiles enhanced with a small amount of Naquadah) and a nuke will replace the energy weapon.

Take-off would be standard jet take-off procedure. Flight and weapons systems would be controlled manually with an Automatic Tracking System to lock onto targets for the missiles. This thing would have minimal shielding (it would survive about two direct shots of a Death Glider blast), and evasive maneuvers would almost be a fun time. Inertial Dampening System would not only allow the ship to fly, but also take care of the interior of the ship as well, a little bit more advanced then the F-304's. This thing would turn smoothely, handle extreme velocity very well and be able to keep up with a Ha'tak class vessel so long as it didn't go into Hyperspace.

Its scientific name would end up being the F-305 , but codename would end up being Hercules.

Lemme know what ya think. :cool:

Zekk
October 1st, 2005, 11:37 AM
it would be intimidating. Imagine being in space and seeing this massive human whizzing past...
Did you even Click on the link.....IT IS A GUNDAM:rolleyes: :p

SmallTimePerson
October 2nd, 2005, 03:39 AM
Did you even Click on the link.....IT IS A GUNDAM:rolleyes: :p
i was reffering to the humanoid shape.

Zekk
October 2nd, 2005, 08:03 AM
But Its still a 58' Robot :D

Daniel's_twin
October 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Look, take the image. make it completely black, and what does it look like? A guy with armor on. A big human, OK? End of discussion.

Can we please get back to what this thread's about?

please forgive me for being so curt, I've had a bad night.:cool:

Zekk
October 2nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
Ok Dannys twin ur right

caskin
October 11th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Goodness! You people's designs are way better than anything I could think up as far as the tiny details go. I've never been much of one for figher pilots anyways, I can draw them, but engineering them to make them work? nope...

Give me big ships!!! yus... big ships. We need a thread for big ships. ;)

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
There is a thread for big ships!!!
*EDIT* Here it is :D http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18023

immhotep
October 12th, 2005, 01:17 PM
hey i got linked yay, isnt time somebody has linked my thread and it wasnt me....have some green.

caskin
October 14th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Allrighty, they're not earth style, these are Cevvian fighters... but at least they're fighters. I'll give you the one now, show the other later.

Here we have the DET-29, a quick and nimble fighter. Nice ol' sketchy drawing here, I didn't feel like struggling with a clean outline on the comp.
http://www.geocities.com/caskreninator/DET-29.jpg

The DET-29 is a Cevvian fighter ship finally perfected after many different models. It is sleek in design, and sharp in function, not a very verastile fighter, but very good for what it's built for, which is close range high-speed combat. It can seat two pilots but only needs one for full function.

Design: the look of the DET-29 is smooth and sleek, similar to the shape of an arrow-head, it has two "wings", which flows backwards smoothly, having an elegant arch to them. The dorsal fin on the top arches as well. The cabin is small, but fits like a glove, with controls in easy reach of the pilot, making trouble-shooting a breeze should a problem ever come up. Floro-trackers on the wing tips and dorsal fin help pilots identify another fighter as their own, since the windshield have the same filtering technology as the Floro-seeker binoculars.

Engines: the DET-29 has one multipurpose engine which is one part refined-fusion combustion engine, one part Cevvian hyper-drive (the Cevvian’s are known for their hyper-drive technology, it’s rough, but dang is it fast). The fusion engines are very powerful and can power the DET-29 to fly in and out of atmospheres without a sweat. However when it comes to activating the hyper-drive you better have had your coffee this morning or it can jolt you like nothing you've ever felt before. The initial force of entering hyperspace is quite the jolt, since moving something so small is alot quicker with more room for movement than entering a battle-ship or public cruiser. Sometimes after leaving hyper-space your fighter could be heading sideways at an incredible speed for no reason. It takes sharp reflexes to keep a DET in a straight line after breaking hyper-speed.

Power: A naquahdiah enhanced power-cell with two flow control that produces a highly refined source of engery.

Weapons: The DET-29 has two frontal heat-guns (kind of like a rail gun but better). These powerful weapons are simple and somewhat dangerous if used poorly (the prototypes had this bad tendency to explode without warning), but only take a few seconds to power up where before they would take nearly 15 minutes to come online. One unique feature about the DET-29 is the fact that this is the only ship with fully functional Disk-jacks and can even fire them while on the run. (the Disk-jack is a weapon with a similar function to that of a homing missile. Instead, a disk-shaped projectile with an explosive core spins at high speeds via gyro-engineered engines that rotate smoothly, enabling the projectile to stop dead even in a high pressure environment and turn in a completely different direction.) However it's the heat-guns which are used most often since the DET-29 comes with only a limited supply of Disk-jacks.

Hull: A carbon trinium and titanium alloy is very light as well as very strong. The paint upon the hull is heat resistant to the point of insanity and comes in only two colors, black, and blacker.

Operating system: Sharp 2.5 fighter system with aproximately 40 stibs of operating space. (the earth equivelant of 5 terrabytes, the Cevvians computer technology isn’t that great)

Other features: Cevvian cloaking technology can render the DET practically invisible, however these can only be maintained for a limited time. Radar scramblers can hide it’s location to a degree, but one can still find it if you know what to look for. Interial dampeners are very helpful, but not great when it comes to a smooth ride in and out of hyper-space (The Cevvians are rough as far as technology goes in this area as well.)

SmallTimePerson
October 15th, 2005, 03:04 AM
did u draw that yourself?

immhotep
October 15th, 2005, 11:09 AM
thats seriosuly amazing, best design ive seen for ages green all around, nice one.

zer0_1
October 15th, 2005, 11:38 AM
thats a cool drawing

if i could make a space fighter, it would be an F302 with hover capabilities
ive noticed they dont have it, so i thougt it would be cool to see an f302 with harrier style hover

Zekk
October 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Amazing Indeed!!^^

caskin
October 15th, 2005, 12:41 PM
did u draw that yourself?

Yup, 'tis only a sketch really, I might refine it with a better outline later and throw in some color as well. But yeah, I'm currently drawing another fighter design, should be up in a couple of days. :)

Zekk
October 15th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Indeed!!! I will atemt to design a ship this way (I am after all training in game design)

plaw15
October 15th, 2005, 10:30 PM
It would be a little bit bigger than an Alkesh but with asgard weapons and hyperdrives and I would put in a couple of couches and a kitchen.

captain keys
October 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Yup, 'tis only a sketch really, I might refine it with a better outline later and throw in some color as well. But yeah, I'm currently drawing another fighter design, should be up in a couple of days. :)
all praise the fighter..........best desgin ive seen cant wait to see the next one

NoDot
October 17th, 2005, 03:44 PM
(the Cevvian’s are known for their hyper-drive technology, it’s rough, but dang is it fast)Reminds me of the Ovra. (Traveling between the Milky Way and Pegasus with an Ovra hyperdrive is more like a hyperjump than anything else.)

Also, like the sketch and the idea!

caskin
October 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys! Here's the next fighter.

DET-92
After the sucess of the first DET fighter, they got the idea to switch the design around. The name was easy enough to think up... oO.....
http://www.geocities.com/caskreninator/92-TED.jpg
The DET-92 is a small one man fighter. Bulit for speed and tight maneuvers, it's in the top of it's class when it comes to light space craft.

Engines: The DET-92's engines are similar to the 29's, however the 92's are of a much smaller and more delicate build. You can seriously stall this thing if you aren't paying attention. The only difference is that the 92 has no hyper-drive, and is only meant for close range flying and movement in and out of atmospheres where it can go into tight places where other fighters can't.
The prototype's of this fighter made a low droning sound with their engines in an atmosphere, which was very annoying. The pilots who flew these came to call them Squid's and later Squidge's for the sound they made. This was later fixed and now they are silent, however the name Squidge stuck.

Weapons: 92's have two frontal heat-guns on the very tips of the wings and that's it.

Operating system: Similar to the DET-29. A Sharp system with about 43 stibs of operating space.

And that's about all I can think of right now, I'll have to get back to this one when there isn't pressure from siblings, lack of sleep, and when I've had more time to think it over.

captain keys
October 18th, 2005, 09:55 AM
sweet !!!!!!!

NoDot
October 22nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
So, are the mods going to move this to the FanFic section too?

captain keys
October 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
why would they???

caskin
October 23rd, 2005, 07:29 PM

I dearly hope not.

captain keys
October 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
ok a f302 with suped up engenns(not the spelling i no) and asgard weapons and anceints sheilds

Lord §okar
October 25th, 2005, 12:34 AM
why would they???
Because it is fan fiction and has nothing to do with Stargate science and technology.

captain keys
October 25th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Because it is fan fiction and has nothing to do with Stargate science and technology.
ok make a space fighter has to do with tech and if the mods felt like they neede to move this thread they would have done it by now!

Lord §okar
October 25th, 2005, 06:29 PM
No it doesn't. You are fabricating nonsense craft with little or no regard for engineering or social limitations and since you're making stuff up it has to with Stargate in name only. The most haven't moved it yet because most wouldn't dare venture into this forum, preferring the off-topic chatter area, unless somoene says something contentious like "you haven't got any PhDs, you're a liar."

caskin
October 25th, 2005, 08:57 PM
So some people just wanna have fun, doesn't matter if the things as small as a pea with nukes and asgard beaming technology, it's impossible, we know it, and as long as they know it, we'll just grin and have fun along with them. ;)

So maybe there's this untameable, unstoppable drive to create for some of us, doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter what it does, just as long as it's new and interesting. For forms sake, I draw things, then work out the anatomical, technical, physcial correctness of it all later.
I guess the creativeness of people has spilled over here, yes, there needs to be a few checks done, the occasional gentle poke that "remember, we're talking tech here!" But most of the time (I don't know if it's like this for anyone else) things just pop into my head and I can't help but want to desperately tell people about it... no matter what............ which is what often gets me in trouble.

I don't know about anyone else but, I just want to make things, ten times over I have new ideas bubbling to surface, they leak out every so often in places they shouldn't, doesn't mean they should be shot out of the sky for doing so.

But other than that, I love the idea of this thread! Gives us a chance to see what other people think about engines, structure, materials, and how their fighter would work, I know I've learned alot and can't wait to ask questions. It's space fighter Tech, if it's in the Fandom section it's just making a space fighter for the sake of making a space fighter... I see this as a place to make a space fighter to see how the darn thing works. Start going into tech in the fandom section and people will say "just what the heck are you talking about?"

It should stay here, I don't think having a forum where every little word is in the right place, every little topic neatly sectioned off from the rest, where the focus is on appearance, igorning the fact that 'a forum is for talking', is going to work very well. Just let people loose... who knows what they'll come up with.

Here endeth the rant..... so shoot for me saying all that, I needed to speak my mind on the whole fandom vs. tech matter. Now, who wants to talk about space fighter engines?

Lord §okar
October 25th, 2005, 11:29 PM
This thread is not about stargate. If you don't talk about stargate then your thread doesn't get to be here. Talk about space fighter engines elsewhere, if it has to do with stargate then make a new thread else take it to off-topic.

caskin
October 26th, 2005, 08:42 AM
In all seriousness I have no idea where your coming from. This particular thread only doesn't have to do with Stargate? Why don't we just ditch the whole forum then, only about four or five topics will remain, same goes for everywhere else.

Lord §okar
October 26th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Combining the elements of Stargate technology? ok then, lets just ditch the whole forum.
Making it perfect for the fan fiction forum.

caskin
October 26th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Ok, I need a further explenation here... how is this not technology? I'm trying to understand this here with no need to get into any sort of argument, I'm curious.

Lord §okar
October 26th, 2005, 09:00 AM
The topic is building imaginary space fighters. Whether it references in passing any technology, real or otherwise doesn't alter the fact that it is not a stargate topic. It is a spin off topic, just as fan fic is.

caskin
October 26th, 2005, 09:19 AM
You may be right on this one, why ruin it for the rest of us who are just trying to talk elsewhere on the forum? It's not just a common question, what are your motives for saying things like that?

captain keys
October 26th, 2005, 04:02 PM
The topic is building imaginary space fighters. Whether it references in passing any technology, real or otherwise doesn't alter the fact that it is not a stargate topic. It is a spin off topic, just as fan fic is.
ok as i belive im right what is stargate oh yeah thats right ITS SCIFI which is imaginary until its put up on the tv screen in cg so this part of the form is "science and tech" not "stagate science and tech" so as i said before if the mods felt like they needed to move this thread they would of ok

Lord §okar
October 26th, 2005, 04:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/sntr.jpg

ok as i belive im right what is stargate oh yeah thats right ITS SCIFI which is imaginary until its put up on the tv screen in cg
Yeeeeeees, and this thread is unrelated.

so as i said before if the mods felt like they needed to move this thread they would of ok
And As I said before it does need moving but no mods ever come here which is why this place is so spam polluted.

captain keys
October 26th, 2005, 04:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Niles/sntr.jpg

ok as i belive im right what is stargate oh yeah thats right ITS SCIFI which is imaginary until its put up on the tv screen in cg
Yeeeeeees, and this thread is unrelated.

so as i said before if the mods felt like they needed to move this thread they would of ok
And As I said before it does need moving but no mods ever come here which is why this place is so spam polluted.
if u dont like it u dont have to post here u dont evn have to think about it...ok so please let us have our fun

NoDot
October 29th, 2005, 06:03 AM
OK, here's something I made last night...

Voogash Corna Fighter
History: The Corna Design was originally intended for the "Corna Fighter," as it would be called eventually.

The fighter has gone through several revisions with the design.

Today, the Corna Fighter is the most produced ship in the Voogash space fleet.

External Design: The Corna Fighter follows in Voogash Corna Design in exterior appearance.

For clarity, the Corna Design document will be copied here.

Voogash Corna Design
History: The Corna design is one whick has gone through numerous alterations over the several milenia it has been in service, but the basis of the design hasn't been forgotten.

The design was concieved by what are considered amond the Alterrans to be the farthest thinkers of the Voogash. The origional design incorporated fluent manuverability with the potential for heavy weightloads. The intent was to make the craft as perfect as possible. And one might even say they succeeded.

The design is now one of the bases for most Voogash technology, though the most profound impact was on Spaceship design. In fact, all current Voogash Spacecraft are based on the Corna design, though the Corna Fighter is the only craft to retain the original two-wing structure first seen in the initial Corna design.

Evolution of the Design: The original Corna design simply was an elipsoid with a sharp point at one end and the other end chopped off, revealing the propulsion mechanism. The cockpit's transparent "hood" was placed at the top, with two wings 90 degrees from the "hood."

The wings, now, were one of the most debated aspects of the design. Most every possibility was exhausted by the team as they debated what they should do. A cornered design was thrown out the window unceremoniously and immediately, an act some have cirticized. Their reasoning, however, was plain and clear: the ship the design was intended for (a fighter craft) would be opperating in both the atmosphere and in the (almost) frictionless space.

The design they finally settled upon was the equivalent to sticking two ovals in the sides of the main section. Fortunately, the wing design was changed later to a "pincer" design, something that is considered to be the best improvement ever made.

However, their next item to tackle was the "landing gear." This was a problem for the design as it was, because the bottom of the ship for round. The saving idea was to make the bottom of the ship flat, rather than round like the rest of the ship's body.

It was after the prototype impaled a worker that the sharp end of the ship was rounded off.

Derivatives of the Corna Design: The main derivative of the Corna design in the Corna Fighter design, which is completely Corna.

The other two primary derivaties of the Corna are the Carto (Destroyer) and Carta (Carrier) designs.

The remaining derivative in use today is the Carna design, which is used on Exploration Vessels and Transport Vessels.

Power Generation: The Corna Fighter is powered by a Kyem Reactor.

Propulsion: The Corna Fighter is propelled by Kinetic Point Motion Systems. There's one in the back of the ship, used for main propulsion, and multiple small points spread throughout the ship which used for manuverability.

Armor: The Corna Fighters recently obtained an improvement to their armor: Naquadah.

Weapons: The Corna fighter is capable of carrying multiple weapon systems.

The first is a powerful energy cannon similar to the one on a mobile turrent. Estimated power is 1.5 times that of a Ha'tak's full force.

The other is a small dome-shapped device capable of emitting powerful blasts of energy. They're typically used on bombing runs.

Sensors: The Corna Fighters are equipped with simple (by Voogash standards) sensors. They're capable of detecting a cloaked Puddle Jumper.

Speed and Manuverability: The Corna Fighter has a top speed spproximately three times an F-302. However, the systems used on the fighter allow for equal manuverability as an F-302.

Function: The Corna Fighter serves multiple purposes. The first is a fighter air-/spacecraft. The fighter is also used for bombing runs.

(Note: It may seem like I'm overexagerating the power of the Voogash, but I'm not.)

azezeal666
October 29th, 2005, 06:21 AM
i would make mine a F-302, but with asgard shields and the death glider energy based weapons. i hasve a question, why dont they put shields on the F-302 they have enough energy there in the nequadriah.

NoDot
October 29th, 2005, 02:40 PM
i would make mine a F-302, but with asgard shields and the death glider energy based weapons.[comment removed]

i hasve a question, why dont they put shields on the F-302 they have enough energy there in the nequadriah.They probably don't have Naquadriah generators on the F-302s anymore.

immhotep
October 29th, 2005, 02:47 PM
er i started in this thread with a good solid design that used shields ...and it was a good design, a practically implementable design.....if we did origional designs ud complain theyd never happen so whats the point in you judging ships, nobody can win....
as to naquadria generations, whats the point? a mark 2 generator is much more reliable, it only ran out because it was powering something wanting way more than it was ment to give.

captain keys
October 29th, 2005, 08:36 PM
er i started in this thread with a good solid design that used shields ...and it was a good design, a practically implementable design.....if we did origional designs ud complain theyd never happen so whats the point in you judging ships, nobody can win....
as to naquadria generations, whats the point? a mark 2 generator is much more reliable, it only ran out because it was powering something wanting way more than it was ment to give.
ur right when i made this thread i wanted ship designs not complaining so from now on as my momma says if u dont have any thing nice to say .....well u can figure out the rest

Lord §okar
October 29th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Speed and Manuverability: The Corna Fighter has a top speed spproximately three times an F-302. However, the systems used on the fighter allow for equal manuverability as an F-302.
Why would a spacecraft have a maximum speed?

youngtusk87
October 30th, 2005, 12:21 AM
I'd have a ship a lot like the Protoss Scout fighter from StarCraft, but with some(ok, many) modifications of my own, of course.
-Two D-34 Deflective SGW(Standing Gravitational Waveform) shield generators
-Prototype Aurelian Anti-Mass Engenderer(known as "Shield of the Exalted One")
-Kinetic, thermal, plasmic, and friction abating and resistant hull(Consists of Depleted Uranium, and Adamantium(:D) plating)
-Quad T-I2 Naquida-enhanced Sub-Hyperdrive Ion Engines
-Four XM-B5A2 Torpid Gravitational Thread(T.G.T.) Anti-Matter Ion-Engine Propelled Warheads
-Six M-43 'ARC' Hellfire-Style or High-Explosive Missiles
-Two XM-27 Hyper-Quantum Electromagnetic Frequency(Photon) Cannons
-Two M-117 Magnetic Accelerating Cannons using High-Frequency Oscillator equipped Depleted Uranium Projectiles
-Light wave-length reflective optical camouflage
-XM-94 Alcubierre Warp Drive Machine

As you might tell, I like weapons.

Lord §okar
October 30th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Why not chuck on a Covenant plasma torpedo launcher and a couple of Archer pods?

Actually I daresay you'd do better with the Protoss FTL drive than replacing it with an Abecurrie device. The protoss ones are... quite good.

immhotep
October 30th, 2005, 02:34 AM
yeah; also could they be starGATE based?

Lord §okar
October 30th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Why should they be stargate based? It won't make the thread any more on topic. I think you shouldn't reserve any material on the token gesture of "keeping it stargate related".

immhotep
October 30th, 2005, 04:54 AM
well if you make a ship using 'other' shows material can you explain it briefly to those who have no clue about it. or describle the ships weapons in use instead of simply listing what they are?

youngtusk87
October 30th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Hmm, well I didn't really take anything from other shows, I just made up equipment based on the technology of other mediums. Basicly the shields are a physics paradox that use standing waveforms to reject incoming projectiles back at their point of orgin with no loss in velocity. Basicly it stops them and turns them around in a split second. The Anti-Mass Engender is kinda sometign I made up, it spontaneously generates the anti-mass of incoming mass objects. Therefore, cancelling the matter thats incoming, and uses the emitted energy to further power the ship. The hull has adamantium. For those who don't know waht it is, its basicly the strongest metal ever(teh the comic book relam). It can only be manipulated by either adamantium with more energy or strong magnetic fields. The Engines use the collision of ions along with various magnetic and electric fields and uses the energy from the ions to propell the ship. In this ship's case, with the assistance of naquda powered field conductors, it achieves sub-hyperdrive(think Star Wars) speeds. The Anti-Matter warheads actually squeeze threads of torpid gravity and release it in all directions. Its like a blackhole developing, then blowing outwards. These warheads also use ion engines. The Missiles are missiles, and can be set to either launch dozens of combustable explosives full of thermite II and nitroglycerin, or make one very large explosion on impact using the same chemicals. They are equipped with advanced Aurelian targeting matrix fields. The Photon Cannons are jsut that, they shoot hyper photons(basicly lasers, just they actually travel at the speed of light). The MAC guns are from somethign else specificly(namely Halo, as someone pointed out). Its basicly a rail gun that shoots big bullets. These bullets have depleted uranium shells with a layer of adamantium, these equipped with high-frequency oscillator cores allow them to penetrate any surface imaginable. The optical camouflage is pretty self explanitory, I hope. The Alcubierre Warp Drive Machine is based on a theoretical invention from 1994 by Miguel Alcubierre. Take this excerpt from Parallel Worlds "A warp drive machine does not alter the topology of space by punching a hole and leaping into hyperspace. It simply shrinks the space in front of you while expanding the space behind you." The energy exerted into the machine is directly related to the 'shrinking' of space(the more energy input, the faster the ship will go).

Quantum Discharge
November 1st, 2005, 11:29 PM
F-303

Sublight: 2 Ion engines and thrusters
Hyperspace: None
Electronics: Upgraded 302 sensors,cloak
Sheilds: Improved teltak type
Armor: Ceramic trinium composite alloy
Weapons: 2 pulsed plasma cannons, 4 wing mounts for external stores

The f-303 ion engines and thrusters made the f-303 both faster and more agile than a deathglider. The thrusters power allowed for VTOL abilities. The composite armor provides better protection than the f-302's at a reduced weight. The sheild is an anubis grade teltak type with asguard upgrades. The plasma cannons have a high fie rate and are located where the air intakes would be on a f-302. Pulsing the shot improves it's performace over the deathglider cannons.The cloak is modular and fits into a bay on the underside of the f-303. Due to weight limits, the external weapons stastions must be removed to fit the cloak. The f-303 is the same shape and 5% larger than a f-302. This allows the f-303 to operate from the same class of ships with few problems. It also reduced the time and cost to retool the production lines for the fighter.

Milleniumlance
November 2nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
F-303

The f-303 ion engines and thrusters made the f-303 both faster and more agile than a deathglider. The thrusters power allowed for VTOL abilities. The composite armor provides better protection than the f-302's at a reduced weight. The sheild is an anubis grade teltak type with asguard upgrades. The plasma cannons have a high fie rate and are located where the air intakes would be on a f-302. Pulsing the shot improves it's performace over the deathglider cannons.The cloak is modular and fits into a bay on the underside of the f-303. Due to weight limits, the external weapons stastions must be removed to fit the cloak. The f-303 is the same shape and 5% larger than a f-302. This allows the f-303 to operate from the same class of ships with few problems. It also reduced the time and cost to retool the production lines for the fighter.

nice quick simple and realistic to the universe...I like it..

NoDot
November 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
F-303I think you'd mean "F-302b" or "F-304." The 303 Program was the Prometheus (Daedalus? debated at this time).

Other than that, not too bad.

Quantum Discharge
November 2nd, 2005, 09:43 PM
Was thinking that the fighter program wouldn't skip becuase of the capital ship program. I know that they could not call it the x-303 program, but it could have been called the ISF program. (improved space fighter) In real life the USA Army had in service at the same time the M-60 machine gun and the M-60 main battle tank. It may look confusing, but it is something a military would do.

captain keys
November 3rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Why should they be stargate based? It won't make the thread any more on topic. I think you shouldn't reserve any material on the token gesture of "keeping it stargate related".
look uve made ur point this thread doesnt belong here ok ive said now stop wasting room in my thread id aculay like to here the designs ok

captain keys
November 22nd, 2005, 12:59 AM
ok got one the a-14 with a compact asgard engin and laser's but in the shape of the pj

immhotep
November 22nd, 2005, 08:00 AM
F-303

thanks for copying the design i made! even the name: unless it some sort of tribute??? :(

Quantum Discharge
November 23rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
For this post I will refer to my fighter as the f-403 and immhotep's fighter will be the f-303.

It looks like we both went with a fighter design that could be added to S10 of the show. The result is 2 craft with the same basic tech. When looking at the roles of the 2 you see that they far from copies.

F-303 to me is a strike fighter. It size means that it has bigger engines and a larger payload. It has better sensors than a F-403 and could serve as a recon platform. It hyperspace drive means it is independent of land bases and capital ships. This allows the F-303 to provide air support to ground forces without the need to divert a ship. The F-303 has all of this and the performace to be a great dogfighter.

F-403 light defense fighter. The main role for this fighter is to provide protection for ships and planets. The performace goal was to create a fighter that could fly circles around a deathglider and have greater firepower and defensive capablities. The F-403 has met that goal. The F-403 can also perform in the ground and ship attack roles, however it is limited with a small payload and a lack of a hyperspace drive.

In the end I could see both fighters going into production.
This is the stargate version of the F-22 and the F-35.

immhotep
November 24th, 2005, 01:27 AM
ok im sorry for jumping, i think that in heinsight both ships would be quite good, the F403 could be earth primary fighter, for use in earth based defence ships and intellations. where a ship/air base would be reletively close;
The F-303 would do great in pegasus, as a support for PJ, IMO 3 303's could take our wraith cruiser, which is the gogn to be the main antagonist to PJ for a while ( the wraith cant send a hive ship after earth PJ now can they!)
If the orion and deadalus are out of the way and atlantis is left ship less a squadren of F-303's based on the mainland would be able to protects the city ( obviosly the shield would as well but i mean just be there) and the mainland from most things untilthe big guns return ( which wouldnt be long seeings the deadalus can get anywhere in the PG in under 3days).

Hudson
November 24th, 2005, 02:21 AM
F-302, bodykit, pimp spoiler, leather seats, "NOS" graphic and a bangin sound system :P

PIMP MY SPACECRAFT

haha

on a serious note, a heavy bomber would be good. or a F-302 drone? AI controlled, smaller, fit more in a hanger (no need for steps for pilots, just racks and racks of fighters).

RA the sun god
December 12th, 2005, 02:43 PM
well first ur gonna need a major buget increase...unless u wanna fund it:)

captain keys
January 3rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
well first ur gonna need a major buget increase...unless u wanna fund it:)
tell me how much you need ive got some monopaly money.....lol

Prior_of_the_Ori
January 3rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
Probably some shielding on the fighter as well

captain keys
January 23rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
yeah sheilds would be good