Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a cheops-class Goa'uld mothership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a cheops-class Goa'uld mothership?

^Title.
    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

I'm not sure. It's not in the Omnipedia...
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

At once point I personally believed that it was the class that Apophis/Sokars superbattleship (The Serpents Venom, Enemies, Exodus) belonged to but that is pure speculation. The truth is that there is no such thing as a Cheops class ship in the canon. It's a term invented by the fandom.
      Last edited by Lord §okar; 30 August 2005, 10:51 PM.
      Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

its a 'fanom' (fan+canon) term for Apophsis' super mother ship. But i have also seen it applied to the original just a pyramid goa'uld motherships such as Ra and Her'ur used when visistin abydos.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

A fandom fluff term its not real
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

i always thought it was RAs ship to

Well the ships that can land on pyramids since the normal hatak ones cant

Comment

Originally posted by HAL
              Well the ships that can land on pyramids since the normal hatak ones cant
              Yeah, the Ha'tak ships cannot possibly land on a pyramid, because the Ha'taks are tetrahedrons (3 sides), not pyramids (4 sides).

Kinda makes me laugh, because of Daniel's whole theory about pyramids being landing platforms for alien ships, and then the alien ships can't actually land on them...
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

A mark-II Ha'tak landed on a pyramid in Double Jeopardy and an inspection of its core reveals that it was actually square based... for that episode alone, the same Ha'tak two episodes later was tetrahedral again.

There are lander ships but they're not Ha'tak class, Ra and Heru-ur had one and they're mor like unarmed yachts.

Comment

goauld ships can land on pyramids. they can land on mountains. their landing pads dont need to fit their bottoms exactly. in 'the reckoning' you see motherships on i think pyramids

Comment

They do have to fit and if they don't the force of langding will rip a side off the pyramid. I wrote an article abou this for my website.

Originally posted by My website
                    if this pyramid ship were now to land on a pyramid two or more edges of the landing pad would be applied to a face of the inner surface of the landing ship. Furthermore, since the pyramid has shallower internal angles than that of the ship (see image directly below), one third of the upward force exerted by the landing pad will be directed at what approximates a point. Instead of the weight of the vessel being borne equally it would now be applied to two extremely narrow areas resulting in the exertion of enormous pressures. In the process of landing the unequal distribution of force would tear the ship apart (two of the three sides receiving pressures roughly 23,000 times the yield strength of steel (assuming ship mass = 6 billion metric tonnes and a deformation of contact surface to a conveinent 1m2)). Evidently it is impossible for the standard triangular based Ha'tak ship to land on classic square based pyramid structures.

Comment

The hatak didnt land on the mountain it hovered just over it

Comment

No, it landed on the mountain. The docking collar made contact, the whole mountain shook with the impact.

Comment

i cant remember the episode problem but atleast it landed on top not not like go down on it

Comment

What? The episode is "There But For the Grace of God".

Comment

Cheops-class is the one used by Ra in the film Stargate, Heru'ur also has at least one of them

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Cheops_class_warship

Comment

Working...
                              X