This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Shipping - Real Friends

I think the forum needs a thread for those who don't want any relationships within the teams, whether it's Stargate or Atlantis.

There are those who think that a real friendship is possible between men and women and would rather see that be developed than something romantic.
    Gaterelle

Ahhh, in a perfect world, huh?

The true friendships in the show are what got me hooked to begin with - especially the Jack and Daniel friendship. They're such an unlikely pair of friends, with SO little in common, yet they bonded through trials and have become true friends.

Jack and Teal'c have so much more in common - they're both warriors, both military, both were married, both were fathers... they understand each other on a lot of levels.

Sam and Daniel are so much alike, too. Both scientists, both free-thinkers, both very excitable when they get off on a tear...

The Sam and Teal'c friendship has really been great to watch as it grows over the years. I loved that hug in Paradise Lost!

Daniel and Teal'c had a LOT to overcome before they could be friends... but they made it and it's been satisfying to see.

Comment

The Jack/Daniel friendship turned out the best
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Yay, I'm not the only one!

I think some of the best scenes were about the friendship of the team.
        I'd like to see more of that now, with Mitchell being the leader.
        Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          It's certainly why I watched from the start...but I loved the way Sam was before they turned her into a "girl".
          I loved the fact that she could be friends with the guys and just be herself.
          Gaterelle

Comment

I think there will be a Sam/Cameron friendship
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Jack and Teal'c friendship has been great from the word go, so has Sam and Janet's

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                Jack and Teal'c friendship has been great from the word go, so has Sam and Janet's
                Sam and Janet's friendship was also one of the things I loved about the show.
                It's so rare to see two women become friends.
                I was devastated to see them get rid of Janet. Worst mistake ever.
                Gaterelle

Comment

Hey guys!

Yeah i love the friendship facter. Especially team. And Sam and Janet.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

I think there will be a Sam/Cameron friendship

I agree! I think there is already a friendship between them!
                    Last edited by Aeryn/Vala; 30 August 2005, 10:48 AM.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

It's nice to see frendships develop that aren't based on romantic feelings

Comment

To me, it looks like Cameron could work well with Daniel and Teal'c.
                        Gaterelle

Comment

Yay! Friendshipper thread!

I say leave the romance to the fanfic writers, but give us our friendship! I love the Teal'c/Mitchell friendshippy moments that we've seen so far. I hope the writers keep up with that.

I also hope they focus more on Sam and Teal'c's frienship, which seems to have been neglected in past seasons.
                          Co-President of F.O.R.D. My SG-1 Slashfiction MyLiveJournal

Comment

Hey, I friendship. Actually, I think real romances come from real friendships anyway. And hey, that's anyone on either show. Sam/Daniel, Daniel/Jack, Jack/Teal'c, Sam/Daniel, Daniel/Teal'c, Sam/Teal'c, Shep/Ronan, Teyla/Ronan, etc etc etc. Of course, perhaps to make it seem less hinky, one could put Teyla~Dex instead of Teyla/Dex since the '/' makes it seem more romance shippy like.

Romance pairing usually works well in fics...sometimes too well...sometimes to the points of raising a serious eyebrow... on screen, blaaaahhhhhhh *twitch, twitch*

Anyhoo, I ship and I friendship. I also eat chocolate and coconut together! Mm mm!
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

They were kind of like brothers where one was born a long time after the other.
                              They don't initially seem to have a lot in common but as time went on they still had very little in common, hehe but they had a lot of respect for one and other I really like to see males on TV shows having that kind of friendship.

They argued didn't always see eye to eye but they had a lot of respect. The banter was top notch too, loved the banter. Sorry about all the past-tense stuff but I think we need to be realistic about Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X