This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox 360 will you get it?

I was wondering how many people will get it. the games look good . might be enjoyable after all. canot believe the prices on 360 bundles. cheapest is 599 most is 1199. that's right unbelievable. this is for gamestop. the kid at my gamestop said you don't have to order a bundle I hope he was correct. i ordered mine in april. Most of the best games don't even come out at release like call of duty2 and gears of war come out november 15

Yeah Im still torn on whether to get a 360 or wait for the PS3. Probably will get a 360 because I like Morrowind and Fable and Halo and Chronicals of Riddick:EBB and all of those are supposed to have sequels on 360.

But I heard about the bundle price and I couldnt believe it either, that sounds like product suicide to me. I mean I have no life so I can probably waste my money on this type of stuff but your primary targat audience is families. Who the heck is going to pay that much? I mean some kid tells his mom he wants an xbox. She may go out and see its $200 or so and will say "ok thats christmas" but if she goes out and sees $700 or so she is going to say "heck no". They dont make money on the hardware anyway. They need to sell that cheap and then make the money on the games. Its just crazy.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I totaly agree with AGatFan - seel the consoles cheap, you only get it once usualy unless you have some major bad luck. The games, THATS where the money is. You get the console to get the games, not the other way around.

I'm a hardcore PS2 gamer...mostly because it was the first console I got (besides my raggedy Sega Genesis) and because Sony's never let me down whilst I have issues with some of Microsofts's stuff - plus I'm not too fond of the big Man Mr Gates. So...yeah. PS3 first. I'm so hyped for thier NextGen lineup.
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Yeah, you see these astronomical prices and each company (i speak of Sony and MS. I don't know about Nintendo.) both will make LOSSES when they sell them as is the cost of making them. I know Xbox had the same problem but it tried to compensate by making the accessories (pads- £20 and that DVD remote at £25. that really burned me up. It's capable of playing DVD's but you need the ruddy remote for it to work!!) and i think the next gen will be the same. Given the 360 doesn't come with the 20 Gb hard drive as standard like the Xbox. you either spend extra on the "special edition" or buy it spearate. costs the same anyway. The latest murmering was £299 and games of £44.99

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I'll be getting it for sure. Just for Halo 3 I probably will also get Nintendo Revolution. PS 3 I won't get. I don't support Playstation.

Comment

i just wait for my nephew to get new game stuff then "take a loan" of it lol.

Comment

Considering your spending all that cash on a system that will be out-dated to PC's within a year...and the fact that it centers around Xbox Live (the biggest RIP OFF in history) and they are charging you for any EXTRA content for your games.

it's just one big money hole.
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I pre-ordered mine the other day, my lad wants one for Christmas....oh and the PS3 for his Birthday.

Comment

*sees nothing wrong with her Gamecube*

Of course, I also see nothing wrong with my N64

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

the sales clerk said it was possibly to just get the console but he said your better off getting a more expensive one. this was at my local gamestop. Ihope some of the big games will be out on release day. he also said I should just wait for ps3. I told him they got some games worth playing on the 360. As far as I'm concerned they are on the same level. when is nintendo going to show games for the revolution

Comment

i've no plans on getting a Xbox 360, i've no real use for Xbox so i'm considering selling it, or trading it in so i can get a PSP for less.

the XB360 has at the moment just 3 games that interest me, 2 the Mistwalker RPGs (Hironobu Sakaguchi's new company) and Halo 3, and since Sakaguchi hasn't did much to impress me recently and Halo 2 sucked beyond believe when i beat it so even those games i am not concerned with, it seems the PS3 will be what i'll be getting, at least then i can play the games online (no credit card for XBL)

i wouldn't pay much attention to any hardware bundle price until its actually released, but considering some of the prices i've read fot the PS3 and XB360, i may just import one. costs less, and it lets me import US games so less wait.

sigpic

Comment

i dont know where people are getting 700 and 1199 (forign currancy?)but as far as i know in the U.S. it'll be= good-$300 better-$400 at first i was set for PS3 but after playing halo at my friends house, im now a Mike divided against himself, which cannot stand! but i will wait a while for the price to go down like I did with PS2 ($400-$300) i still have my communion money saved up along with b-days and christmas. and then theirs graduation money plus allowance
                        anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
                          when is nintendo going to show games for the revolution
                          They're not showing their cards. If they showed the games then they would be showing their ace, their "revolution" of gaming. That's why they haven't shown their pad. apparently that's the big thing of nintendo's next gen.

Apparently the PS3 will be the more powerful and that's what folk will see when they look at the specs. but Xbox360's got 3 processors allowing it to run a hell of a lot quicker. I was talking to this guy and he was saying that there's a game where there's a real life battle like simulation thing with over 16,000 real time enemies each doing their own thing. whether it's true or not, i don't know. As for Halo 3, the same guy said Bill Gates himself has said it's gonna be released at or around the same time of PS3 to take the shine off of it. Who knows.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I'm tempted to get one for xmas but I think I'll wait and see what the Revolution is like. Anyway there are still a tonne of games I want to pick up for my Gamecube so that will keep me occupied.

Comment

There's not a chance in hell i'm going to buy an xbox 360. Not, however, because it's particularly bad. The problem is that if you're insanely busy (like me) then you'll not have that much time to play anyway. What's the point in buying an next-gn console if the old PS2 will keep me going for another couple of years.

Also, the PS2 is said to be much, much more powerful, so if i were to get a next-gen console, i'd go for the PS3.

Anybody got a PSP? Are they good? Worth the money. + are you bothering to get the UMD films, or sticking with portable dvd-players?
                              "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Working...
                              X