• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire: Carter Gets Personal In SG-1

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-s...7/01/12.00.sfc

09:00am ET, 1-JUly-04

Carter Gets Personal In SG-1

Amanda Tapping, who pays Maj. Samantha Carter in SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming eighth season may complicate her character's personal life. Carter's on-again, off-again beau, Denver police Det. Pete Shanahan, played by David DeLuise, will play a larger role in early episodes.

But Tapping said not to expect Carter's personal life to overshadow her ongoing mission to help save Earth from the Goa'uld. "I don't want it to become about Carter's personal life getting in the way of what she does, because the thing that makes me so proud of this character and something that we've worked on for eight years is that she's so professional and so smart and so on top of her game and so competent," Tapping said in an interview during a break in filming on the show's Vancouver, B.C., set. "The dynamics between the four of them is so important, and the loyalty to the team and to the program and to exploration and to science. I mean, I don't want her to become too much the other way. But now I have a life, and I have a boyfriend, and I'm happy. I don't want it to be about that, you know what I mean? That's an interesting part of her that, like I said, opens her up. But I don't want her to become that girl. I've also always said that I don't think that Carter should ever be qualified ... by whether or not [she's] with somebody."

Tapping added that Carter will continue to be an integral part of SG-1, particularly once Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) finds himself going on fewer "away missions." "It means that Daniel [Michael Shanks] and Carter and Teal'c [Christopher Judge] go off alone a lot," she said. "We actually never go off alone: We always have another SG team with us. But we don't have Rick. So that's a different dynamic. It's great fun for Michael and Christopher and [me], because, a) we really enjoy each other, and b) [we] have such fun playing off each other. But it's different. It is very different. What I find, though, [is that], because Rick's days are limited, when he's here, he's here. And the scenes between the four of us are so great, because we fall into that old pattern. And they're funny scenes, and you see how tight these four people are. But it is odd. The first time we go through the gate without him, it's like missing your arm." Stargate SG-1 returns with a two-hour season premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT July 9.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.

<<We actually never go off alone: We always have another SG team with us.>>

:: crosses fingers ::

Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team.

Madeleine

Comment

Thanks Morjana for posting this link.
      Very interesting what Amanda had to say about
      "on again, off again" and "early episodes"
      of Pete being in s8.
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        Nice piece. Thanks for sharing.

<<We actually never go off alone: We always have another SG team with us.>>

:: crosses fingers ::

Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team. Please, let it be Adam Baldwin's team.
        Madeleine, have you ever thought about how cool it would be if it was Adam Baldwin's team? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
          The first time we go through the gate without him, it's like missing your arm."
          Aww. I think I may cry the first time they go thru the gate without Jack.

GOOD interview with AT. I think Sam's going to have a very interesting year.

And LOL at Madeleine's chant for AdamBaldwin's team. I'll second that! Sadly I think Adam Baldwin is busy right now filming the Firefly movie but I'd sure love to see him back on Stargate. Edited to add: But I'm *so* looking forward to the Firefly movie that I forgive Adam for being busy....
          Last edited by keshou; 01 July 2004, 10:32 AM.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Must say I'm honestly glad that it won't be just the three of them going off world!
            Spoilers for RevelationsThere was a defiinate hole when just the three of them were around during this ep(fingers crossed the white spoiler space thing works)

It'll certainly be interesting to see how SG1 deals with getting paired up so regularly.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Interesting article, but then Scifi does at least do well with the SG1 interviews...

I'm not so much for the Adam Baldwin cheering leading team (no offense). Every time I see him, in a military mode, he basically plays the same character, so... I'd prefer someone new.

Comment

Working...
              X