Ancient Ion Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Ion Cannon

First "McKAY YOU BLITHERING EGOTISTICAL MORON" ah, what a waste of a good space gun we could have studied. Why doesn't the city have any, mounted on those circular tubs at the end of each of the small arms would be logical.
    Seems to be similar to the Tollen/Asgard version. I wonder what it's power output etc were. Prosumably the Aurora will have multiple mounts, can't wait to see, for God's sake, keep McKay away from it.

Well, Mckay was simply experimenting with the power source, which had far greater potential than the weapon. And logic dictates, the weapons schematics should be stored in the Antlantis database. So we shouldn't have a problem finding them.

Owen Macri

Comment

They only problem is the database is vast it makes looking for a single thing pratically impossible unless in atlantis there is a special database which you can type down what you want and it finds it from the database.
      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
      Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
      - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
      - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Yes, that is a problem, however it is very likley that the plans are still there, it may take a while to find them, but we will eventually.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ View Post
          First "McKAY YOU BLITHERING EGOTISTICAL MORON" ah, what a waste of a good space gun we could have studied. Why doesn't the city have any, mounted on those circular tubs at the end of each of the small arms would be logical.
          Seems to be similar to the Tollen/Asgard version. I wonder what it's power output etc were. Prosumably the Aurora will have multiple mounts, can't wait to see, for God's sake, keep McKay away from it.
          can we be so sure the Asgard Belisknir and O'Neill class ships' cannons shoot ions rather than say neutrons?
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Yes they can search the database with ease haven't you guys heard of Google Atlantis?

But the reason we haven't seen them is the fact that we are already to powerful and that makes a bad show

but realistically we shouldn't be able to make even half of the tech that they show on stargate, most of earth's scientists are still working on theoretical projects involving stargate tech let alone actually understanding it, in real life earth would and IMO should only be at the point of the BC-303 as that was made from earth's understanding instead of the asgard giving us a datacore that allows us to copy and paste anything that we need
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Necro , and from 2005 , can you people stop that , this is the 3rd topic resurrected
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                Necro , and from 2005 , can you people stop that , this is the 3rd topic resurrected
                Didn't realize this was made in 2005 but I did wonder why this was in the SG1 tech and not SGA tech but damn I just rebumped it
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  Didn't realize this was made in 2005 but I did wonder why this was in the SG1 tech and not SGA tech but damn I just rebumped it
                  Because at one point, there was only one science/tech forum.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    Because at one point, there was only one science/tech forum.
                    I know that I have been here for awhile
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

I see that.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I miss it...

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

ok check it think about this, use an arcturis power core set to overload and put it on a rocket and there is ur ion cannon ok is that better now can we go to something more entertaining like wat would happen if we made an arcturis power core in reality and it worked and McKay didnt get ahold of it and screw it up

Comment

theKillman, a forum user and friend of mine, has very interesting weapons theories that make things much more clear. They can be found on the Gateworld 4.0 discussion thread, page 375. Try not to get them confused with my post on that page, which had to do with outdated theories.

The Tollan are the only cannon race the specifically has ion cannons. It is unknown according to cannon what Ancient, Asgard and Wraith weapons discharge.
                            sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Damnit, ANOTHER Necrobump on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X