PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Ion Cannon

EnigmaNZ
August 22nd, 2005, 09:46 PM
First "McKAY YOU BLITHERING EGOTISTICAL MORON" ah, what a waste of a good space gun we could have studied. Why doesn't the city have any, mounted on those circular tubs at the end of each of the small arms would be logical.
Seems to be similar to the Tollen/Asgard version. I wonder what it's power output etc were. Prosumably the Aurora will have multiple mounts, can't wait to see, for God's sake, keep McKay away from it.

_Owen_
August 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Well, Mckay was simply experimenting with the power source, which had far greater potential than the weapon. And logic dictates, the weapons schematics should be stored in the Antlantis database. So we shouldn't have a problem finding them.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
They only problem is the database is vast it makes looking for a single thing pratically impossible unless in atlantis there is a special database which you can type down what you want and it finds it from the database.

_Owen_
August 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Yes, that is a problem, however it is very likley that the plans are still there, it may take a while to find them, but we will eventually.

Owen Macri

StargateWatcher
August 7th, 2010, 04:06 PM
First "McKAY YOU BLITHERING EGOTISTICAL MORON" ah, what a waste of a good space gun we could have studied. Why doesn't the city have any, mounted on those circular tubs at the end of each of the small arms would be logical.
Seems to be similar to the Tollen/Asgard version. I wonder what it's power output etc were. Prosumably the Aurora will have multiple mounts, can't wait to see, for God's sake, keep McKay away from it.

can we be so sure the Asgard Belisknir and O'Neill class ships' cannons shoot ions rather than say neutrons?

fugiman
August 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Yes they can search the database with ease haven't you guys heard of Google Atlantis? :p

But the reason we haven't seen them is the fact that we are already to powerful and that makes a bad show

but realistically we shouldn't be able to make even half of the tech that they show on stargate, most of earth's scientists are still working on theoretical projects involving stargate tech let alone actually understanding it, in real life earth would and IMO should only be at the point of the BC-303 as that was made from earth's understanding instead of the asgard giving us a datacore that allows us to copy and paste anything that we need

webxro
August 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Necro , and from 2005 , can you people stop that , this is the 3rd topic resurrected

fugiman
August 8th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Necro , and from 2005 , can you people stop that , this is the 3rd topic resurrected

Didn't realize this was made in 2005 but I did wonder why this was in the SG1 tech and not SGA tech but damn I just rebumped it

lordofseas
August 8th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Didn't realize this was made in 2005 but I did wonder why this was in the SG1 tech and not SGA tech but damn I just rebumped it

Because at one point, there was only one science/tech forum.

fugiman
August 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Because at one point, there was only one science/tech forum.

I know that I have been here for awhile

lordofseas
August 8th, 2010, 02:55 PM

I see that.

bradly08
August 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM

I miss it...

Juggalo1987
November 5th, 2010, 10:36 PM
ok check it think about this, use an arcturis power core set to overload and put it on a rocket and there is ur ion cannon ok is that better now can we go to something more entertaining like wat would happen if we made an arcturis power core in reality and it worked and McKay didnt get ahold of it and screw it up

Gormagon
August 31st, 2011, 05:02 PM
theKillman, a forum user and friend of mine, has very interesting weapons theories that make things much more clear. They can be found on the Gateworld 4.0 discussion thread, page 375. Try not to get them confused with my post on that page, which had to do with outdated theories.

The Tollan are the only cannon race the specifically has ion cannons. It is unknown according to cannon what Ancient, Asgard and Wraith weapons discharge.

MaverickSawyer
August 31st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Damnit, ANOTHER Necrobump on this thread.

thekillman
September 1st, 2011, 12:14 AM
since SG is dead, does that really matter?

the weapon is a modified version of the Sattelite weapon. which was likely a particle cannon.

StargateWatcher
September 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
since SG is dead, does that really matter?

the weapon is a modified version of the Satellite weapon. which was likely a particle cannon.

I'm not that good at undertsanding the natural sciences/engineering but am walways interested to know more. Could u explain what about the appearance of the weapon blasts leads u to think so?

thekillman
September 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM
it was a beam not like any other we've seen, plus it cut through a hive like crazy. Particle beams are good at cutting through other stuff.

StargateWatcher
September 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Gotcha. Thanks; will keep this distinguishing info in mind.