PDA

View Full Version : Vala-Dictorians: For everyone who wants Vala to stay

RJ-45
August 5th, 2005, 04:13 PM
So Carter is coming back. I don't mind that, but I wish Vala would stay on SG-1 and they would just let Sam stay behind at Stargate command. She's getting old and now that her dad's gone, Jack's gone, Pete's gone, there really isn't anything left for her character other than technical exposition which could be left back at base.

Teal'c still has an interesting character with the whole free Jaffa nation he has to work on and now we have Mitchell and Vala's characters. I like Mitchell's enthusiasm and Vala has a whole character that could be explored; and I love her and Daniel's mischievous banter. It's entertaining and bring's a new freshness to the group. I hope they don't kill Vala off. That would suck.

AGateFan
August 5th, 2005, 04:25 PM
oy,
I respectfully disagree, but I guess theres no point into going into it again.

LittleKnux2008
August 5th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I love Vala's character, and I think that she should stay as well. Though, I want Sam back on the show as well, so there's probably no way to work around that. ;)

majorsal
August 5th, 2005, 05:50 PM
So Carter is coming back. I don't mind that, but I wish Vala would stay on SG-1 and they would just let Sam stay behind at Stargate command. She's getting old and now that her dad's gone, Jack's gone, Pete's gone, there really isn't anything left for her character other than technical exposition which could be left back at base.

Teal'c still has an interesting character with the whole free Jaffa nation he has to work on and now we have Mitchell and Vala's characters. I like Mitchell's enthusiasm and Vala has a whole character that could be explored; and I love her and Daniel's mischievous banter. It's entertaining and bring's a new freshness to the group. I hope they don't kill Vala off. That would suck.

sam's old?

oy. :rolleyes:

sally :S

Egeria
August 5th, 2005, 05:54 PM
sam's old?

oy. :rolleyes:

sally :S

Hear hear....crikey if Sam's old then that means I'm old, *shudders at what the youth of today consider old*.:)

GoVols
August 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Im 22 and i have like 7 gray hairs, does that make me old?

Egeria
August 5th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Im 22 and i have like 7 gray hairs, does that make me old?

Depends where the grey hairs are.:D Seriously are you counting them? I gave up years ago.

flying_wonder
August 5th, 2005, 07:03 PM
:D YES!!! More Vala Please! :D

NakedJehutyV2
August 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
me too i prefer her than carter. but having them both would would be great

GateTraveler
August 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Small doses only please...

epiphany
August 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I'm loving Vala. I liked her well enough after Prometheus Unbound but I really wasn't sure how she was going work out being in the first 6 episodes but so far after the first 4 I've loved her. I do admit that sometimes the innuendo gets a bit much but I think it works well as setting off her more "serious" or intelligent moments and really get the sense she's someone with more depth than we've seen yet. She's got great chemistry(not in the shippy sense just in the character and performance sense) with all three guys--Daniel, Mitchell and Teal'c, though obviously she's worked most with Daniel so far. Claudia's performance brings so much energy to the screen and she's a capable of not only the broad strokes but the really subtle stuff.

I don't think she should replace Sam but I'd love it if she was around much more often instead of losing after episode 6. But I guess at least we can look forward to her next appearance as we do other favorite recurring characters.

the fifth man
August 5th, 2005, 08:21 PM
While I do agree that Vala should be around after this stint on sg-1, I want Carter back too. I think Vala would just be great to stumble upon from time to time. She's certainly developed into a much better, more complete character than where she started from in "Prometheus Unbound". Give CB credit for doing such a good job in this role. It's a far cry from her role on farscape, but she's been great.

xrayz
August 5th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Vala. I find her "witty" repartee with Daniel and her "I'm too cool to move" attitude sickening. I'll be saying "Good riddance" when she leaves.

nfx
August 5th, 2005, 08:58 PM
if they continue to write Vala into the storylines, they have to expand on her character. No more of this "biggest-*****-in-the-galaxy" attitude, i want to see some growth in her. Seriously, we know she's a *****, we don't need to see it in every episode. Make her grow, show some OTHER characteristics. Show a serious side. Show us she has potential. Show us she's worth more than some cheap, cheap comedic relief. As of right now, i can't help but hate her because she's so bland and one-sided. Jokes only go so far, and she doesn't even have very good jokes!

StarzSkyMoon
August 5th, 2005, 09:26 PM
i am torn between my loyalties to vala and sam... i wish we could keep them both! :)

i love sam because we know so many aspects of her character and im comfortable with her because she is fairly predictible and familiar.

i love vala because she and sam are polar opposites and i would love to see their characters play off each other. imagine the verbal assult that could go on between those two :P

sniff sniff im gonna miss vala, but it will be bittersweet with the return of sam

:cool: Lizbeth

Kevin
August 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I love Vala, but being a recurring character would be best. The original team is what is most important

Out...

Neelan_Liquor
August 5th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Before I read all of the replies so far, I just gotta say
I LOVE VALA! :D

I had SO much fun watching her in the first four eps so far... and I can't wait to see more! Never thought I'd love seeing her with Daniel, but I SOOOO do!

I still miss Sam, and I never thought of Vala as being any kind of replacement, but I really don't want Vala to leave! :eek:

Xanderic
August 5th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Vala as recurring character like Bratac and Jacob/Selmak.

gatehorse
August 5th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Hear hear....crikey if Sam's old then that means I'm old, *shudders at what the youth of today consider old*.:)
Anyone over 20. :p

I didn't like Vala much in Prometheus Unbound, but with every season nine episode, I like her more and more. That said, I would not want to see her too much. I love her brand of comedy, but it doesn't fit in all the time on a show like Stargate. I think she'd be best as a recurring chracter.

valaCB
August 6th, 2005, 01:58 AM
I don't think she should replace Sam but I'd love it if she was around much more often instead of losing after episode 6. But I guess at least we can look forward to her next appearance as we do other favorite recurring characters.

I agree. I miss Sam. I really want to see her allready and i LOVE Vala alote. In the 4 epi so far Vala take all the focus and attention and me like it :D and it's haapens 'cos the writers and 'cos Claudia Black, SHE is an amazing actress!!! but still i want a few epis with Sam as the familiar SG1 as we know it. I want to know how i'll react when the regular(new) team will start investigate and fight with the new enemy . and than i want more VALA :D

in short - i want to know team with Vala opposite team with Carter and than decide! but i have to say that Vala bring life to SG1 :)

ValaMalduran
August 6th, 2005, 02:13 AM
I want Vala (smart, witty, funny, sexy, ambiguous).

I want Sam (smart, witty, funny, sexy, reliable).

A.

Carbito
August 6th, 2005, 02:34 AM
I hope the writers will be able to find a way to make her a fequent reoccuring character.

Carl
August 6th, 2005, 05:21 AM
I'd love to see her as a recurring character but wouldn't want her to stay. Her staying would be unfaithful to her character - she's someone who enjoys exploring the galaxy, hunting new treasures and fooling new strangers. I don't think she'd fit in with the SGC philosophy, and I'm sure General Landry wouldn't want her around any longer than she had to be.

Rogue
August 6th, 2005, 05:51 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Vala. I find her "witty" repartee with Daniel and her "I'm too cool to move" attitude sickening. I'll be saying "Good riddance" when she leaves.
I can't stand her either. I don't find her witty or funny. IMO, the only reason she is here is to attract the Farscapers and sex up the show. 14 more days until she is gone.

jckfan55
August 6th, 2005, 05:51 AM

I'm so with you. I think for me the main problem is that there's nothing *but* the so called witty remarks. Maybe in one episode for a change of pace ok--but 6? I'm counting down til Sam comes back & I hope the writers have gotten a grip by then.

Emily
August 6th, 2005, 06:05 AM
I like Vala's characters so I'd like her to stay!! She's funny etc..

Sam too! I don't want her to leave!!

Sam and Vala at the SGC would be great!!

Neelan_Liquor
August 6th, 2005, 06:54 AM
You are aware that it's not the writers who are keeping Vala there, right? Amanda wasn't ready to return this early.

That said, you gotta know that Amanda looks GREAT now! She still has some "baby fat" but she just glows and looks healthy and energized.... Can't wait to see Sam again! :D

I know Vala's overpowering personality is a bit much for some who've been long-time Gaters, but her humor fits into the show... imo. Can't wait to see a bit more of her and Daniel, especially if the're off world.

How many more eps until Beachhead?

nfx
August 6th, 2005, 10:07 AM
thank-freaking-god i'm not alone. Practically every post i've read on this forum has talked about how great Vala is and how funny she is.

It's nice to know others share my thoughts of her.

TheCorpulent1
August 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Funny, the vast majority of the opinions I've read on this forum indicate that Vala is extremely annoying. A lot of the people who like Vala even admit that she can get on their nerves.

That said, I'll still miss her when she goes. There is no such thing as a bad character, just poorly developed or badly written ones. I think Vala falls under both of those headings presently, but if TPTB would just stop playing her strictly for laughs and actually get under her skin a bit, I'm sure she could be interesting. What we do know about her past so far is pretty good. Her execution in the present is what's lacking.

jckfan55
August 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM
You are aware that it's not the writers who are keeping Vala there, right? Amanda wasn't ready to return this early.

How many more eps until Beachhead?

I did know that. But AT's absence didn't mean we needed 6 episodes of one-note Vala. They've written episodes for 3 team members before. (And I know they're not really a reconstituted team yet either.)

RJ-45
August 6th, 2005, 12:22 PM
There is no such thing as a bad character, just poorly developed or badly written ones. I think Vala falls under both of those headings presently, but if TPTB would just stop playing her strictly for laughs and actually get under her skin a bit, I'm sure she could be interesting. What we do know about her past so far is pretty good. Her execution in the present is what's lacking.

Yeah, I agree there. I didn't mean to imply that Vala was much better than Samantha Carter; it's just that with Vala there's a whole new slew of stories and character development that can be explored. I like Sam too, but I don't think there's much reason for her to be there in the front anymore other than explaining how stuff works. But we'll see what they do with Carter, when she gets back. It would be cool to have Vala as a recurring role though. Maybe season 10 we'll see her as a main character.

tearsintherain
August 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
i absolutely adore the character of Vala and honestly wished she would replace Amanda Tappings character.

Sam is great, I have loved her char for 8 seasons. But its the omniscience problem - her character (and Daniels to an even larger extent) pretty much know everything and come up with answers immediately. Whee, more technobabble to save the day. I love the new characters puzzlement at their situations, lack of knowledge, and struggles. It wouldn't quite be the same if Sam was around to immediately solve the problems.

I also don't understand why she isn't on her way to Atlantis, frankly it would liven up that show a bit and make it more reachable.

I also like the fact that Vala brings some contrathought to the core cast. Everyone else in SG1 is pretty much good, works for the team, and is a bit 1 dimensional. Vala is a bit 1-dimensional at the moment (sexpot thief ftw!) but at least she has motives and desires that do not match Stargate commands...

I was pretty much ready to stop Tivo'ing stargate at the end of season 8 / start of season 9, but this fridays "Vala" episode (with the princess bride guy! ROFL!) will keep me interested hopefully a while longer :) i hope they don't kill her off!

Faraway
August 6th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Claudia Black has a way of doing that to people. She has pure star power no matter what character she plays. I remember she was the one that caught my eye in Farscape. I had never seen an ep until I caught the final 30 minutes of Into the Lion's Den Pt. 2, the ep right before the season three finale. She had this quality about her that mesmorizes you and just lights up the screen.

That is what she had done for me these past few weeks as Vala. Just totally changed the whole tapestry of the show. In the last four weeks I have actually looked forward to rushing home or taping a scifi show on Friday. That hasn't happened since Farscape.

I have to admit, however, in three weeks when Claudia/Vala is gone my desire to rush home will flee with her. Though I totally adore Ben Browder, truly and amazing man to meet in person, he just doesn't command the screen the way Claudia does.

TPTB would do themselves a diservice not to try and entice dear Claudia Black back. However, I can tell you, dear miss Claude pretty much does what she wants. And if she feels returning to Stargate isn't right for her at the moment she won't do it. Hey, she took off a year and a half after Farscape just because the right part didn't appeal to her. That is our Claude. :p

Neelan_Liquor
August 6th, 2005, 05:24 PM
That said, I'll still miss her when she goes. There is no such thing as a bad character, just poorly developed or badly written ones. I think Vala falls under both of those headings presently, but if TPTB would just stop playing her strictly for laughs and actually get under her skin a bit, I'm sure she could be interesting. What we do know about her past so far is pretty good. Her execution in the present is what's lacking.

But I do see layers in her. Just last night (Aug. 8th), when she was "conning" Daniel into letting her stay with him for the night, I really started wondering if she wasn't speaking the truth... for a while. As soon as Daniel called her on it, she quipped "is it working?" What if he hadn't? She really had been through some tough times, and horrible things like that tend to make survivors build emotional walls around themselves... for protection. If anyone could break through those barriers, it's Daniel... and VALA KNOWS THAT! There could be a part of her that's hoping Daniel will understand and work hard enough to make the connection.

Of course, it could just be Claudia Black who I'm seeing that in. She has an incredible range and depth. I wish they'd take on some additional writers... ones who can write multidimentional characters without making them all techno-gods! (Like Ricky Manning!)

I also like the fact that Vala brings some contrathought to the core cast. Everyone else in SG1 is pretty much good, works for the team, and is a bit 1 dimensional. Vala is a bit 1-dimensional at the moment (sexpot thief ftw!) but at least she has motives and desires that do not match Stargate commands...

LOVE that description: contrathought. GREAT! It's so perfectly Vala! I don't think she's as one dimentional as most (see above), but I do love that her goals and desires have NOTHING to do with the SGC. She makes them think.

Besides, in your description, she sounds like the Chiana of Stargate!!! :eek: LOL

coolove
August 6th, 2005, 10:08 PM
After eight years of stargate, I think Vala is a welcomed change the show has been so badly needed. I wish she would stay. Claudia's portrayal of the character has hooked me back into the show.

Brady
August 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
This is my first post on this forum, the reasion I am hear, is Because I am so found of Claudia Blacks carcter Vala, that I was overcome with couiousity regarding her future on the Show. I am a long time fan of Stargate I have been watching ever since it came out on cable, I realy like all the caracters and would hate to think of replacing one at anothers expence. Having said that I will say that I do wish that Vala could be made to stay and developed, for the long run.

As noted above she has brought a lot to the show, she has distracted us all while we get to know Ben Browders Caracter in a way that if intended was Briliant, before we know it we will be halfway through the seasion and by then He will be an old hand (well sorta, but you get the point).

The writers have seduced us into seasion 9, as if we neaded it, I dident but I suspect some did, and others well they dident know what hit them:)

TheCorpulent1
August 7th, 2005, 11:30 AM
But I do see layers in her. Just last night (Aug. 8th), when she was "conning" Daniel into letting her stay with him for the night, I really started wondering if she wasn't speaking the truth... for a while. As soon as Daniel called her on it, she quipped "is it working?" What if he hadn't? She really had been through some tough times, and horrible things like that tend to make survivors build emotional walls around themselves... for protection. If anyone could break through those barriers, it's Daniel... and VALA KNOWS THAT! There could be a part of her that's hoping Daniel will understand and work hard enough to make the connection.
I agree, the writers have showed us brief glimmers of hope for her, but it's not enough. You can't throw hints at the possibility of depth, then snap Vala back to her usual self and bury those hints under the guise of jokes. Right now, TPTB seem to be giving us the beginnings of Vala's development, then slamming the door shut right when we're about to peek inside. They've gotta give us more. It looks like they will in the next episode, based on the previews, and I'm really hoping they do follow through at last.

AGateFan
August 7th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I like Vala as a reoccurring character. One thing I don’t like is people saying lets get rid of Sam and make Vala a full time character. This has been bugging me for a bit but I have never been able to quantify why. Then an example popped into my head of what people are basically asking for and I felt I would share (because thats what forums are for).

Sam is a great character. Much like Aeryn was a great character. Both were strong willed professional women. Sam = Aeryn (by that I mean Sam is to Stargate what Aeryn was to Farscape not that one is better then the other or even equal to the other that’s all a matter of taste).

Vala on the other had is basically a cool character who is interested in her own personal gain but isn’t out to hurt anyone she calls a friend. She gets what she wants by using sex, lying, cheating and her skills as a thief. Basically Vala = Chiana (again Vala is to Stargate what Chiana was to Farscape both actress do equally wonderful jobs and bring uniqueness to the characters)

So saying that Vala should "replace" Sam is like saying Chiana should have "replaced" Aeryn. Now if you are a Farscap fan how annoyed would it make you if someone came in and said, "Aeryn is old and stoic and boring and Chiana is young, sexy and fun and doesn’t follow the rules and we should soo get rid of Aeryn and keep Chiana"? Well as a farscape fan myself I would be quite upset. They are different characters. They bring different things to the show. If I had to choose between Aeryn and Chiana (thankfully we didn’t) I would have chosen Aeryn. Similarly if I have to chose between Sam and Vala I will chose Sam.

If they can find a way that logically makes since to keep Vala around like Farscape did with Chiana then that’s great and I am 100% for it. But since Farscape was a show about a bunch of escaped "criminals" (that’s how the PKs classified them even if it wasn’t correct) it made a lot more since for the two different types of people to be working together. Stargate is supposedly about the a legitimate government entity working to defend our planet from alien invasion. So maybe a criminal type wouldn’t fit in so well. Plus I am not sure what interest Vala would have as apparently the SGC is not going to pay her for her efforts. However, I guess she could find that sticking with earth is her best chance of avoiding the ori, but actually I think staying on earth would be like painting a big target on her. So to me there is no logical reason she would stay on the show full time. There are, however, many, many logical reasons of how she could end up being a re-ocrruing character.

Well thats just MHO and now I feel better for saying it.
Note that no farscape or stargate characters were injured in the making of this extremely long post.

Furling God
August 7th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I think Vala should stay and Sam leave. Previously we didn't have the need for a Sam character development because she was the jack of all trade climax in each episode: major Carter puts the zimpf in the klong of the zorg and then all enemies disappear.

The contrast will now show Sam in a harsher light: she is in fact so straight and righteous that she becomes repellent. You imagine Sam Carter never going to barbecues on summer evenings and instead reading science books in order to win over her carreer competitors on the next day. Yak, just the kind of person you can't LIKE. She was indispensable in previous sg1 seasons, not desirable.

The actress Amanda Tapping had extraordinary capacities for witty action, but that was little exploited.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
August 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I hope Vala comes back. I'm sure TPTB could find a motivation for her join SG-1 and be accepted what with the Ori and the Lucian Alliance.

I liked Sam in the earlier seasons, but she became the perfect soldier, with perfect manners, the world's greatest scientist and engineer, former Tok'ra host, know-it-all character. I was actually grateful for episodes like Grace or Chimera where we got to see some depth of character...some real humanity, just like in the beginning of the series.

When she worked with Jonas, it actually seemed like she found his intelligence and powers of observation irksome...OMG she actually experienced envy!

I actually experienced intense joy when Fifth tortured her and she was hunted by the Kull Warrior. Finally, some interesting use of her character! Boy, I didn't how annoying she had become until I got that first tingle when Fifth put his hand into her head. Then she cried and pleaded for mercy and I was like, "Yes, more please!"

So, yes, please bring Sam back, but not to just rattle off explanations, but to intrigue us with the great untapped potential of her character.

If you've ever seen an interview with AT, you'll realize right away that she is much more interesting than the character she portrays. So not why let Carter be more like Amanda? Let her have a little fun, FCOL!

SunKrux
August 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I admit it, I'm selfish. I want them BOTH on the show...Sam and Vala!

Sam is sooooo not OLD! If she is...that means I'M old and that's not the case. Sam still has a lot to offer the show and I can't wait til she comes back. *makes mental note to go change her "fav character" thing in her profile and add Sam*

I would LOVE to see how Sam and Vala react to each other, it will be frellin' hilarious imho. I think at first, Sam would be annoyed by her (much like a lot of Gaters are) but eventually, Sam would see past Vala's walls and realize they could be friends.

Vala is Vala...she makes no promises that she'll be anything other than who she is. I honestly do not think she's purposely put any of the SG1 team in danger, not even for her own personal gain...she just doesn't think of all the possible scenerios that could happen as a result of her impulsive nature. She wants it and she wants it NOW! LOL

jckfan55
August 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
I agree, the writers have showed us brief glimmers of hope for her, but it's not enough. You can't throw hints at the possibility of depth, then snap Vala back to her usual self and bury those hints under the guise of jokes. Right now, TPTB seem to be giving us the beginnings of Vala's development, then slamming the door shut right when we're about to peek inside. They've gotta give us more. It looks like they will in the next episode, based on the previews, and I'm really hoping they do follow through at last.
Well said. A character consisting of cute comments is all well and good for a one shot deal--not for 6 episodes. I think CB could handle a more developed character, why not let her? And isn't Daniel more perceptive than to think all that's there is what's on the surface? Usually he's the first to be helping people. And with all this emphasis on Vala, we haven't gotten much development of Mitchell either. I just feel very let down by this whole bunch of episodes.
I'm not playing the Sam vs. Vala game. I'm looking forward to having Sam back, yes, but if we could see a bit more into what makes Vala tick I'd be ok with her coming back periodically. The two characters could have some interesting interactions. But as it stands, I don't want her to stay at all.

chocdoc
August 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Well said. A character consisting of cute comments is all well and good for a one shot deal--not for 6 episodes. I think CB could handle a more developed character, why not let her? And isn't Daniel more perceptive than to think all that's there is what's on the surface? Usually he's the first to be helping people. And with all this emphasis on Vala, we haven't gotten much development of Mitchell either. I just feel very let down by this whole bunch of episodes.
I'm not playing the Sam vs. Vala game. I'm looking forward to having Sam back, yes, but if we could see a bit more into what makes Vala tick I'd be ok with her coming back periodically. The two characters could have some interesting interactions. But as it stands, I don't want her to stay at all.

I'm not playing the Sam vs. Vala game either, and I think most Stargate and Farscape fans aren't either! They are very different characters that offer very different things to the show.

I can't wait for the return of Carter. I would like to see Vala as a recurring character who comes back every so often. IMO, she doesn't fit on the SG1 team because she is not a team player, not part of the military, and a thief! She makes an engaging recurring character.

vinzchlortho
August 7th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I wish Vala would die...yesterday! She is ruining the show!

valaCB
August 8th, 2005, 05:39 AM
I wish Vala would die...yesterday! She is ruining the show!
I hope she would stay. maybe in the end of the season 9 or season 10. :cool:

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
August 8th, 2005, 05:49 AM
I Personally Like Vala But She Funny and Stuff But I believe she was giving Mitchell,Landry,Jackson and Teal'c a Bad Time. She Broke Daniel Glasses FCOL That Was Funny. Personnally I hope in Beachhead She either dies or Goes Off-world. Plus I want Sam Carter Back the last time you saw her was in avalon part 1

valaCB
August 8th, 2005, 06:09 AM
I Personally Like Vala But She Funny and Stuff But I believe she was giving Mitchell,Landry,Jackson and Teal'c a Bad Time. She Broke Daniel Glasses FCOL That Was Funny. Personnally I hope in Beachhead She either dies or Goes Off-world. Plus I want Sam Carter Back the last time you saw her was in avalon part 1

She Broke Daniel Glasses??? GOOD! He need a new pair and MODERN!!! lol

I think they would kill her eventually... :( :( :( :( :S :S :S :S
nooooooooooooooooo....
but she will come back! :D

HarSins
August 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM
She's not staying on as a main character?!?! Damnit.. thanks for ruining it for me :(.. I loved farscape and I was hoping maybe she was here to stay. One thing I know ill miss... shes not hard on the eyes thats for damn sure.

Droops
August 8th, 2005, 08:50 AM
More Vala please. Great character for this season so far.

ForeverSg1
August 8th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I hope Vala comes back. I'm sure TPTB could find a motivation for her join SG-1 and be accepted what with the Ori and the Lucian Alliance.

I liked Sam in the earlier seasons, but she became the perfect soldier, with perfect manners, the world's greatest scientist and engineer, former Tok'ra host, know-it-all character. I was actually grateful for episodes like Grace or Chimera where we got to see some depth of character...some real humanity, just like in the beginning of the series.

When she worked with Jonas, it actually seemed like she found his intelligence and powers of observation irksome...OMG she actually experienced envy!

I actually experienced intense joy when Fifth tortured her and she was hunted by the Kull Warrior. Finally, some interesting use of her character! Boy, I didn't how annoying she had become until I got that first tingle when Fifth put his hand into her head. Then she cried and pleaded for mercy and I was like, "Yes, more please!"

So, yes, please bring Sam back, but not to just rattle off explanations, but to intrigue us with the great untapped potential of her character.

If you've ever seen an interview with AT, you'll realize right away that she is much more interesting than the character she portrays. So not why let Carter be more like Amanda? Let her have a little fun, FCOL!

I totally agree with you. I think Amanda has been fighting with TPTB for years now for them to allow Sam to loosen up a bit and not appear so perfect, to get a sense of humor and more importantly to show her as infallible. However, I think the way the writers have choosen to do this has not shown Sam in a positive light. They seem to have gone from one extreme to the other. I've read tons of interviews with Amanda over the past nine years and she's always been very open about the direction she wanted to see Sam go, but unfortunately the writers just haven't allowed much of it to happen.

I think Vala has a great deal of potential to become a very interesting and unique character; however much like Sam, I don't really believe the writers are truly capable of writing a female character who is not linear. Amanda, like Claudia, is a phenomenal actress and has done her best with Sam to make her a truly wonderful, well-rounded character despite some of the paths the writers have lead the character. However, neither women can portray their characters with any more depth than the scripts that have been written for them. Both Sam and Vala have such wonderful potential, but despite the award-winning acting abilities of the actress's who portray them, I don't think either will ever reach their full potential because the writer's can't seem to let go of the stereotyical ideals of how a woman should act. If it's not one extreme, it's another.

I may not like everything the writer's have done with Sam's character, but I do truly love Sam. Even with the things that have happened over the past two years, she is still a wonderful role model. Amanda has done a remarkable job at portraying Sam as a soldier and scientist, both fields that have been dominated by men in the past and I truly enjoy seeing her as a member of SG-1 because it reminds me that there are women out there in these fields that are breaking these stereotypical molds for women.

And because of this, as much as I have enjoyed Vala's sense of humor, in sparing amounts, I really would not want to see her as a permanent member of SG-1. As a recurring role yes, but not as a permanent member of SG-1. I may be alone in my viewpoint, but I like the fact that the leading female character on Stargate has always been a woman who has used her intellect and experience as oppposed to her body and sexuality to get ahead and is more than just a female in a leather bodysuit. And unfortuantely, at this point of time I believe putting Vala in this position would just make er become yet another Scifi cliche.

Kat (ForeverSG1)

Egraine
August 8th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I would love to see Vala and Sam strike up a friend ship...then have a Girl Power mission, just the two of them. Amanda has a wonderful talent for comedy that has just not been tapped.

I don't think Vala has the temperment or the moral make up to be a regular team member. A lot like Makepeace......great in a spot, wonderful comic relief, but don't turn your back on them. Or leave your glasses laying about. LOL

A real shame Claudia has previous commitments (a movie written for her and voice work from what I've heard). I'd like to see more of the character.

shockwave
August 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I don't think Vala has the temperment or the moral make up to be a regular team member. A lot like Makepeace......great in a spot, wonderful comic relief, but don't turn your back on them. Or leave your glasses laying about. LOL
Maybourne, not makepeace

Kalliope
August 8th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I would love to see Vala and Sam strike up a friend ship...then have a Girl Power mission, just the two of them. Amanda has a wonderful talent for comedy that has just not been tapped.

A real shame Claudia has previous commitments (a movie written for her and voice work from what I've heard). I'd like to see more of the character.

If you remember Claudia DID say in an interview for Chicago Tribune that "window isn't closed on Vala" and if/when she's available they can get what they want (storywise). As for me, I'd like to see more of the character too, but I also WANT to see Claudia on big screen in ONE :)

shockwave
August 8th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Joe in his blog once said there is an late season episode where "THAT character" returns (I'm not talking about Ripple Effect with the sorely missed character). He said it would probably be written by Damian Kindler (I am not talking about Ethon). But later blogs said that DK is writing an SGA ep named "Long Goodbye", and RCC is writing an ep where a character returns. I believe the ep has swapped writers. Most likely the return of Vala

valaCB
August 10th, 2005, 10:43 AM
for Positive posts Only!
PLs post here about Vala :cool:

ValaMalduran
August 10th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I admit it, I'm selfish. I want them BOTH on the show...Sam and Vala!

Sam is sooooo not OLD! If she is...that means I'M old and that's not the case. Sam still has a lot to offer the show and I can't wait til she comes back. *makes mental note to go change her "fav character" thing in her profile and add Sam*

I would LOVE to see how Sam and Vala react to each other, it will be frellin' hilarious imho. I think at first, Sam would be annoyed by her (much like a lot of Gaters are) but eventually, Sam would see past Vala's walls and realize they could be friends.

Vala is Vala...she makes no promises that she'll be anything other than who she is. I honestly do not think she's purposely put any of the SG1 team in danger, not even for her own personal gain...she just doesn't think of all the possible scenerios that could happen as a result of her impulsive nature. She wants it and she wants it NOW! LOL

I absolutely second that. :D

*starts chanting*

Give us Vala and Sam, Sam and Vala, Vala and Sam, Sam and Vala......

A.

Piratejenna
August 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Joe in his blog once said there is an late season episode where "THAT character" returns (I'm not talking about Ripple Effect with the sorely missed character). He said it would probably be written by Damian Kindler (I am not talking about Ethon). But later blogs said that DK is writing an SGA ep named "Long Goodbye", and RCC is writing an ep where a character returns. I believe the ep has swapped writers. Most likely the return of Vala

My suspicion is that IF Vala returns (and I still think it's a fairly big if) it will be for the concluding arc of the season. They'll want to use her to get ratings. Despite the naysayers, it's clear that Vala is a big hit amongst a large section of the audience, and CB grabs the attention of the professional critics, so she's a huge asset. For practical purposes, if they're going to drag CB over from London or Sydney it's going to be for more than one episode if their mutual schedules allow it. Maybe they'll have her back for both the cliff-hanger ending of season 9 and the opening arc of season 10? I could live with that :)

valaCB
August 10th, 2005, 12:09 PM
My suspicion is that IF Vala returns (and I still think it's a fairly big if)
about that... Click (http://www.livejournal.com/community/daniel_vala/10885.html) so anything is possible

Kalliope
August 10th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I'm probably in a extreme minority here, but I not only want Vala to be as frequent guest on SG-1 as possible, but also I don't find her annoying at all... she's definitely the most interesting character on the show at the moment. It's a pity that nobody, but especially Daniel isn't able to notice that in fact she needs help, but she won't admit it herself.

esoap524
August 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I like Vala as a reoccurring character. One thing I don’t like is people saying lets get rid of Sam and make Vala a full time character. This has been bugging me for a bit but I have never been able to quantify why. Then an example popped into my head of what people are basically asking for and I felt I would share (because thats what forums are for).

So saying that Vala should "replace" Sam is like saying Chiana should have "replaced" Aeryn. Now if you are a Farscap fan how annoyed would it make you if someone came in and said, "Aeryn is old and stoic and boring and Chiana is young, sexy and fun and doesn’t follow the rules and we should soo get rid of Aeryn and keep Chiana"? Well as a farscape fan myself I would be quite upset. They are different characters. They bring different things to the show. If I had to choose between Aeryn and Chiana (thankfully we didn’t) I would have chosen Aeryn. Similarly if I have to chose between Sam and Vala I will chose Sam.

If they can find a way that logically makes since to keep Vala around like Farscape did with Chiana then that’s great and I am 100% for it. But since Farscape was a show about a bunch of escaped "criminals" (that’s how the PKs classified them even if it wasn’t correct) it made a lot more since for the two different types of people to be working together. Stargate is supposedly about the a legitimate government entity working to defend our planet from alien invasion. So maybe a criminal type wouldn’t fit in so well. Plus I am not sure what interest Vala would have as apparently the SGC is not going to pay her for her efforts. However, I guess she could find that sticking with earth is her best chance of avoiding the ori, but actually I think staying on earth would be like painting a big target on her. So to me there is no logical reason she would stay on the show full time. There are, however, many, many logical reasons of how she could end up being a re-ocrruing character.

Well thats just MHO and now I feel better for saying it.
Note that no farscape or stargate characters were injured in the making of this extremely long post.

I liked your "extremely long post" and agree with the points you've made.

Love, love, love Claudia but I don't see how a character like Vala can fit into the fabric of SG1 full time.

And Carter is to SG1 what Aeryn was to Farscape is an excellent summation, along with your Chiana/Vala analysis. One cannot seriously think that Carter should be dumped in favor of the next new thing.

I'm going to enjoy Vala while she's around, in the meantime, and cross my fingers that the writers/producers give her some depth before she leaves. If not, I'll feel very cheated because Claudia Black is capable of a lot more than what we've seen on SG1 and it'd be a shame for other people not to see it too.

valaCB
August 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM
for Positive posts Only!
PLS post here about Vala

And Carter is to SG1 what Aeryn was to Farscape is an excellent summation, along with your Chiana/Vala analysis. One cannot seriously think that Carter should be dumped in favor of the next new thing.
I'm going to enjoy Vala while she's around, in the meantime, and cross my fingers that the writers/producers give her some depth before she leaves. If not, I'll feel very cheated because Claudia Black is capable of a lot more than what we've seen on SG1 and it'd be a shame for other people not to see it too.

I agree. very well said :)

Kalliope
August 10th, 2005, 01:38 PM
May I ask a question? What kind of depth exactly are you expecting from Vala? Too much damage was done to her in the past to change it just like that. And Daniel at the moment is too blind to notice it...

esoap524
August 10th, 2005, 01:48 PM
May I ask a question? What kind of depth exactly are you expecting from Vala? Too much damage was done to her in the past to change it just like that. And Daniel at the moment is too blind to notice it...

Something that would indicate to me that she's more than "just a pair of pushed up loomas in a corset..." to quote Rygel from Farscape.

So far we know that she's sexy, that's she's a thief and a con and that she's witty and uses sex as a weapon. Okay. But why? Why does she do this? She SAID she was a host to the gou'ald, and then gave Daniel that sob story which seemed plenty logical to me. And I'm one of those who's gonna take what she can get and say that Claudia, at least, tried to telegraph a little more into the Vala "is it working" line to Daniel.

The problem is, I'm not 100% sure what damage was done to her in the past. And I don't expect it to change overnight. But others have pointed out that Vala has been in 4 episodes and, though we've caught glimpses of the actual person beneath the Vala mask, she's still mostly cartoon.

And please don't mistake this for Claudia Black bashing. She's the #1 reason I even bother to turn on the scifi channel this year (Ben being #2, Battlestar Galactica being #3). But she's a fantastic actress, IMHO, and I think she deserves more than coming across as "a pair of pushed up loomas (breasts, for the non Farscape fans) in a corset."

I'm holding out hope that we see something more to her in the next episode. To put this in Farscape terms --and I know you're a fan of the show--we knew from day one that there was more to Aeryn than just a stoic, take no prisoners, just following orders, hard-assed soldier. Just like we knew there was more to Chiana than just being a sexy thief.

I haven't seen that "more" yet in Vala. I'm guessing there's more, but I haven't seen it.

I'm still waiting.

Hope that answers the question.

Kalliope
August 10th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah... the problem is we don't have David Kemper or Rockne, or Ricky, or Justin, or... to solve this problem, and it's hard to really expect it from these writers... :(

esoap524
August 10th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah... the problem is we don't have David Kemper or Rockne, or Ricky, or Justin, or... to solve this problem, and it's hard to really expect it from these writers... :(

Well, I don't want to bash the writers right off, but from reading other posts, it may mainly be a lack of sensibility about writing women in general. I think a lot of Sam fans feel cheated over the years too, from what I can see, and for reasons that I'm feeling cheated over Vala. Not enough 3 dimensionality.

But, as someone else pointed out to me long ago, SG1 tends to be more action-plot driven vs character driven. Nothing wrong with either one. I just gravitate as a reader and writer towards character driven stuff.

Piratejenna
August 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Something that would indicate to me that she's more than "just a pair of pushed up loomas in a corset..." to quote Rygel from Farscape.

So far we know that she's sexy, that's she's a thief and a con and that she's witty and uses sex as a weapon. Okay. But why? Why does she do this? She SAID she was a host to the gou'ald, and then gave Daniel that sob story which seemed plenty logical to me. And I'm one of those who's gonna take what she can get and say that Claudia, at least, tried to telegraph a little more into the Vala "is it working" line to Daniel.

The problem is, I'm not 100% sure what damage was done to her in the past. And I don't expect it to change overnight. But others have pointed out that Vala has been in 4 episodes and, though we've caught glimpses of the actual person beneath the Vala mask, she's still mostly cartoon.

And please don't mistake this for Claudia Black bashing. She's the #1 reason I even bother to turn on the scifi channel this year (Ben being #2, Battlestar Galactica being #3). But she's a fantastic actress, IMHO, and I think she deserves more than coming across as "a pair of pushed up loomas (breasts, for the non Farscape fans) in a corset."

I'm holding out hope that we see something more to her in the next episode. To put this in Farscape terms --and I know you're a fan of the show--we knew from day one that there was more to Aeryn than just a stoic, take no prisoners, just following orders, hard-assed soldier. Just like we knew there was more to Chiana than just being a sexy thief.

I haven't seen that "more" yet in Vala. I'm guessing there's more, but I haven't seen it.

I'm still waiting.

Hope that answers the question.

I agree with most of this, although I've seen 'more' in occasional flashes - in particular, the vulnerability at the end of Avalon 2, and the bedroom scene in TTTB. Partly it's that the writers haven't really given much time to those moments, but the other aspect is that this is the way Claudia works - she's an incredibly patient, small brush-strokes kind of actor, who will suddenly explode if the script opens up and gives her space. And to be honest, a lot of Farscape viewers DIDN'T think there was more to Aeryn, for quite a long time. I remember a lot of comments early in Season 1 (over on the Sci-fi forum) to the effect that she was hard and cold and a stereotypical warrior. CB didn't even let Aeryn smile properly until halfway through the first season! I think CB has the luxury of knowing Vala's character arc, and she may be holding stuff back in her tool kit until the next episode.

Regardless, I've really enjoyed all the facets of Vala - as many people have said, she's been a breath of fresh air. It's difficult to think of another character whose had so few episodes but provoked such a a strong response. By any standards, love her or hate her, she's got people's attention and you can bet that is exactly what the writers were hoping for. The one thing that would have killed the SG-1 'relaunch' would be if it was bland and boring. With Vala around, it's never going to be that!

Kalliope
August 10th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Well, I hope the next episode, "The Powers That Be" is going to be this kind (character driven) of episode. Martin Gero, who wrote this ep, said here: "I think it's turning out to be the best SG-1 I've ever written ...", and in TV Zone Special #64 he said that "this one is possibly her (Claudia's) most powerful performance".

esoap524
August 10th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Regardless, I've really enjoyed all the facets of Vala - as many people have said, she's been a breath of fresh air. It's difficult to think of another character whose had so few episodes but provoked such a a strong response. By any standards, love her or hate her, she's got people's attention and you can bet that is exactly what the writers were hoping for. The one thing that would have killed the SG-1 'relaunch' would be if it was bland and boring. With Vala around, it's never going to be that!

I think she was definitely showing more in Avalon, and some in Origin. I mean, you can see she's pretty smart just based on her reaction to a lot of what was going on around her, yet was still "Vala" enough to blow it in some way ("I told her something about procreation...with herself") To me, that scene was classic Claudia in the manner you described--nuances beneath the obvious. You can tell Vala's terrified, yet trying to maintain the mask of coolness.

This last episode just didn't quite cut it, though, in a story way and I think that's why people are all cranked again.

But I agree that love her or hate her (I'm more on the love side myself, criticisms aside), she's anything but boring, IMHO. And it was probably wise to give that other fan favorite, Michael Shanks, a chance to be front and center a little more than usual.

And no matter what, I am going to miss her when she's gone :(

Kalliope
August 10th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Well... I'm wondering whether to watch the episodes after "Beachhead". I mean, I really love Ben and Michael, and Chris, and Beau, but without Vala... :(

SunKrux
August 10th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I absolutely second that. :D

*starts chanting*

Give us Vala and Sam, Sam and Vala, Vala and Sam, Sam and Vala......

A.

*chuckles

What she said! :D

rac76
August 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I agree. I think that she's a great change of pace, she's just something new to discover. Don't get me wrong, I do miss Sam, but Vala is a fun character to watch. I personally think that the banter between her and Daniel is funny, new, and something that should be explored. I thought that last Friday's show was funny, I laughed out loud a few times. Maybe there could be a compromise of sorts. Maybe she doesn't have to be in every show, but could a recurring character like Jacob was. Its just a thought. Oh and another thing..I think that Claudia is really pretty! :)

esoap524
August 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well... I'm wondering whether to watch the episodes after "Beachhead". I mean, I really love Ben and Michael, and Chris, and Beau, but without Vala... :(

I love Ben Browder but Beau Bridges' Landry is really growing on me.

Kalliope
August 11th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I love Ben Browder but Beau Bridges' Landry is really growing on me.

... and perhaps he can be the reason I'll reconsider my still not made decision of "to watch or not to watch" after "Beachhead"? ;)

valaCB
August 11th, 2005, 05:59 AM
... and perhaps he can be the reason I'll reconsider my still not made decision of "to watch or not to watch" after "Beachhead"? ;)

I just have to say that im wacthing 'Battlestar Galactica' and its a FINE, FINE series. after 'Beachhead', im had to 'Battlestar' until Vala return and than im back! :cool:

Kalliope
August 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM
I just have to say that im wacthing 'Battlestar Galactica' and its a FINE, FINE series. after 'Beachhead', im had to 'Battlestar' until Vala return and than im back! :cool:

Good idea :) I'll add SG-Atlantis to it, I just love McKay :D

Alexandar
August 11th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I like Valla far better than Carter, So I would rather have Valla stay on permanetly than have Carter return in a full role.

Egeria
August 11th, 2005, 07:43 PM

*waves* Sorry to butt in but I'm interested in the fact that you seem to be watching SG1 puely because CB is in it. Why is that? I mean I have favourite actors that at time have been in some very dodgy movies/TV shows that I won't watch puely because there awful in them.

You're obviously a huge CB fan, but how do you rate her performance on SG1 as compared to Farscape? IMO she was far better in Farscape....she was a main character, better writing, etc.... At the moment she is a secondary character on SG1, limited by the writing, and IMO is capable of far more than what she is doing at the moment.

That said, I find it plain wrong that this whole Vala v Sam thing has come about and seems to be generating so much momentum. I know the CB fans would love to see her holding a permanent spot on SG1, I'd like to see her full time. What is wrong is that some CB fans seem to not comprehend the fact that Sam is an integral part of the show. Why should it be a competition, I myself would love to see both in the show. I think that since Janet Fraisers death Sam has lacked that female "friend". I'd love to see an arc where Vala became that "friend".

I honestly think the show is big enough to keep everyone happy by having both "girls" in it. And before you think I'm some fanboy looking for eye-candy...I'm not, I'm a girl just hoping to see more women represented fairly in sci-fi programming.:)

briguy213
August 11th, 2005, 07:48 PM
In regards to the title. I dont care if she stays or goes. The only thing I like about her is her... semi inopropriate jokes that make me laugh.

SunKrux
August 11th, 2005, 11:07 PM
*waves* Sorry to butt in but I'm interested in the fact that you seem to be watching SG1 puely because CB is in it. Why is that? I mean I have favourite actors that at time have been in some very dodgy movies/TV shows that I won't watch puely because there awful in them.

You're obviously a huge CB fan, but how do you rate her performance on SG1 as compared to Farscape? IMO she was far better in Farscape....she was a main character, better writing, etc.... At the moment she is a secondary character on SG1, limited by the writing, and IMO is capable of far more than what she is doing at the moment.

I'm gonna butt in here and answer for myself. I'm watching because I do like Claudia and I think she's frellin'tastic, no matter what she's in. Even if it's a crappy movie coughPitchBlackcough. I don't think she's limited by the writing. I think what she's doing now is so much fun, compared to her days as Aeryn (not that I didn't love her as Aeryn), Vala is such a fun and wonderful departure. :D Please don't think that I believe Claudia can do no wrong or that she walks on water, I don't. ;) I just happen to feel that she's one of the most incrediably talented actors around. :D

That said, I find it plain wrong that this whole Vala v Sam thing has come about and seems to be generating so much momentum. I know the CB fans would love to see her holding a permanent spot on SG1, I'd like to see her full time. What is wrong is that some CB fans seem to not comprehend the fact that Sam is an integral part of the show. Why should it be a competition, I myself would love to see both in the show. I think that since Janet Fraisers death Sam has lacked that female "friend". I'd love to see an arc where Vala became that "friend".

I honestly think the show is big enough to keep everyone happy by having both "girls" in it. And before you think I'm some fanboy looking for eye-candy...I'm not, I'm a girl just hoping to see more women represented fairly in sci-fi programming.:)

I don't get it either. I don't get why we, humans have to put labels on each other, it's wrong. Anyway, I've always been a fan of Sam and now a fan of Vala. I also think there's plenty of room for both characters. Nothing would make me happier to see them interact. *crosses fingers I'm totally with you on wanting more women fairly represented in scifi and television in general. I can't stand those "nambypambywimpyIneedamantorescueme" type female character. That's so not real to me. :rolleyes:

valaCB
August 11th, 2005, 11:18 PM

I watched all 8 season because im a huge Sci-Fi fan but i fell Stargate is less emotionl for me, too much science without emotion, still i saw all the epis because i like all the GREAT ideas that the epis developed but this season Vala gives a life to SG1 and i LOVE it and without her the series will be ...monotonous again and im a Farscape fan but i dont like Cam (except that he is cute :p ), he is like Crichton for me and Ben was great as Crichton, i dont need to see it twice.
About Sam/Vala. I love Sam and she belong to SG1, no Q and i dont want to see Vala as a permanent in Sg1, just here and there will be great!
and YES i LOVE Claudia Black and really want to see her on 'Battlestar Galactica' :D

I honestly think the show is big enough to keep everyone happy by having both "girls" in it. And before you think I'm some fanboy looking for eye-candy...I'm not, I'm a girl just hoping to see more women represented fairly in sci-fi programming. Jils(sp) power (girls power)
Im with you girl!!! more woman on SG1 :cool: We can do the job better ;) but keep a few man here and there for our pleasure :p

P.S - sorry for my English :rolleyes:

valaCB
August 11th, 2005, 11:41 PM
for Positive posts Only!
PLS post here about Vala

I'm gonna butt in here and answer for myself. I'm watching because I do like Claudia and I think she's frellin'tastic, no matter what she's in. Even if it's a crappy movie coughPitchBlackcough. I don't think she's limited by the writing. I think what she's doing now is so much fun, compared to her days as Aeryn (not that I didn't love her as Aeryn), Vala is such a fun and wonderful departure. :D Please don't think that I believe Claudia can do no wrong or that she walks on water, I don't. ;) I just happen to feel that she's one of the most incrediably talented actors around. :D

second that :)

LastMag
August 12th, 2005, 10:59 AM
I want Vala to stay because she brings out so much in Daniel and he has needed that for a long time.

Sam and Daniel seem so angry at each other anymore, like they don't want to be in the same room together. It came to the point that I felt like Jack was making them play nice together like some older brother riding herd on his younger siblings.

Vala is a pest sometimes with Daniel and gets him going, but they don't have angry, 'I hate you' energy hanging over them like Sam and Daniel does when I watch them together.

Vala is fun too and she has interesting layers we haven't seen yet. I want to keep her to see the layers revealed.

Sides that, she's rock'en funny and gives off so much sparks it's like the fouth of July when you watch her. :D

the fifth man
August 12th, 2005, 11:47 AM
While I don't know if I would want her around for every episode, tptb did come up with a good character in Vala. In my opinion, they would be stupid to not use her again. It is great how she can get our team into strange situations, and the connection she has with Daniel is awesome. Love how she can push his buttons. And since I don't believe our ptb are stupid, I think we'll be seeing her again.

Kalliope
August 12th, 2005, 03:14 PM
It would be great if Vala returned in a cliffhanger, don't you think?

Neelan_Liquor
August 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Absolutely!!!! GREAT idea, Kalli! :D

priornavalperson
August 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I would definitely like to see Vala Malduran as a recurring character. And of course, I want Sam back.

What if there was a situation involving Daniel, Dr. Gardiner:D , Vala, and Sam? All three of these ladies have been "blended". Daniel and Sarah study tombs:); Vala robs tombs:p . Both Sarah and Vala have had the hots for Daniel. Additionally, consider the impact of the memories of Qetesh and Osiris on Vala and Sarah. Combine this with lost Goa'uld, Ancient, or Ori technology and things could get most interesting.

Another possibility would be interactions between Vala and "King Arkahn", as Vala and Maybourne share a simlar sense of morality:p .

AGateFan
August 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM
I

......Another possibility would be interactions between Vala and "King Arkahn", as Vala and Maybourne share a simlar sense of morality:p .

OK, now I am a 100% sold on this idea. Vala vs Maybourn now THAT I want to see. This kind of ep would have grreeeaaatttteee potential *Thor voice*.

valaCB
August 13th, 2005, 12:38 AM
OK, now I am a 100% sold on this idea. Vala vs Maybourn now THAT I want to see. This kind of ep would have grreeeaaatttteee potential *Thor voice*.
hehehhe... great idea. I LOVE Maybourn!!! and with Vala...WOW! fantastic epi. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Kalliope
August 13th, 2005, 07:02 AM
After yesterday's episode I'm going to miss Vala ten thousand times more than I thought. I have a feeling that really bad is gonna happen in "Beachhead"...

valaCB
August 13th, 2005, 08:27 AM
After yesterday's episode I'm going to miss Vala ten thousand times more than I thought. I have a feeling that really bad is gonna happen in "Beachhead"...
OMG! There will be no Vala after next week.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( :S

derrickh
August 13th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Vala adds more to the team than Sam does at this point. Plus, it's about time for Carter to get rotated out of the unit. She's been on an extremely active team for 8 years straight. She's a lot more valuable as a researcher/scientist than a ground pounder. Why would the SGC risk losing thier best brain when she could die simply by walking through the gate?

Vala breathes new life into the team. After 9 years, there needs to be someone to shake things up. Teal has looked bored out of his mind all season and Mitchell isn't really taking command. Daniel has more energy in him now than in the last 2 years combined.

I say make Sam recurring and keep Vala around.

D

jckfan55
August 13th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Vala adds more to the team than Sam does at this point. Plus, it's about time for Carter to get rotated out of the unit. She's been on an extremely active team for 8 years straight. She's a lot more valuable as a researcher/scientist than a ground pounder. Why would the SGC risk losing thier best brain when she could die simply by walking through the gate?

Well you could have said that about Sam and Daniel too from Day 1 on the show. I choose to ignore the practicality of the situation and love that Sam and Daniel both get to go off world all the time. I hope Sam doesn't ever leave the regular unit. If AT *chooses* to limit her time, I'd accept that, obviously. I'm looking forward to Sam interacting with the new SGC members. Vala should be recurring at the most, IMO.

Apogeal Alpha 01
August 13th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I don’t see why Vala and Sam can't co-exist. I find Vala to be vital and lively and sexy in a way that Sam can only be by coincidence, (seemingly). Sam is a classic beauty, but the big brain first and foremost. Keep Vala! Please!

rac76
August 13th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I totally agree with the fact that Daniel seems more alive than ever before! I think she is bringing in some needed fresh air! Personally, think that Vala and Sam could co-exist with each other. Again, the compromise could be she's just used as a recurring character. I just really hope that TPTB really bring her back.

Solanalos
August 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I do not refer to Claudia Black in this post. When I say Vala, I mean the character as written thus far.

I was talking to a friend about Vala.

My revelation? She reminds me all too much of a Maybourne. In fact, she's like Daniel's Maybourne.

I loved Maybourne and Jack interaction. And Maybourne himself was fun to watch and livened up Jack. However, he could only be used in small doses. Even then he was irritating sometimes in those full episodes. I imagine if he were in 5 straight episodes I'd be kind of tired of him.

That's basically how I feel about Vala.

In terms of the plot/writing: I'm not entirely sold on why Sam should come back to SG-1, and even less so for Teal'c to tag along as he has. Anyone notice he barely had anything to do in the recent episode? (I swear I even caught Christopher Judge grinning in a scene Teal'c shouldn't have been grinning in ;P) The writers have a far bit of convincing to do.

But Vala has got to go away at LEAST temporarily and only to return in small doses so that EVERYONE will look forward to her episodes.

Can you say there's as much division on fan-feelings, or any sense of grand annoyance with any of the main team characters in the past? I don't think so, and maybe that's what's wrong with Vala. She turns too many people off to be a permanent team member.

majorsal
August 13th, 2005, 09:33 PM

they won't kill vala off. they might make it 'appear' that she's dead, but she won't be. she'll pop in later in the season to cause havoc. :p

sally :)

AGateFan
August 13th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Well, they may try to kill her off but she’s Daniels buddy and was connected to him via the bracelets so I am sure she would ascend bi-proxy.... Some of the ascended would love her, lots would like her, some would be annoyed with her and a few would be down right hostile. Ultimately due to this divisive nature the Others will just kick her back down to this plane of existence to get some more depth. :p :D

valaCB
August 13th, 2005, 10:35 PM
they won't kill vala off. they might make it 'appear' that she's dead, but she won't be. she'll pop in later in the season to cause havoc. :p
sally :)
Me hope so :cool:
and maybe she\ll just leave because some reason :eek:
1. she found her lost family
2. she found Daniel\s clone who like her and want to make sex all the time ;)
3. she found a bigger treasure!
4. AT is back and there's no place for Vala :S
5. The Ori take her
6. i need to go to work...bye :p

kharn the betrayer
August 13th, 2005, 10:43 PM
To me Vala is to Daniel as Mckay is to Sam(and I like Mckay).

I wouldent exactly want Vala as a regular and would prefer her to be a recurring character, but I wouldent care if she did come on fulltime.

Vala IMO went from annoying to likable in 3 episodes and TPTB finally gave her some more deph... It will be odd not seeing her in 2 weeks for me though.

tsaxlady
August 13th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I really did not like the character of Vala in season 8's Promethus Unbound. However I did like her in the first couple of episodes of season 9. But by episode 4 I found that I was tired of her. I did like the character development done in episode 5 (TPTB). At this point I would like to see her as a reaccuring character. But not as a full time character. I'm ready to see more of the rest of the characters than just Daniel and Vala. So I say give us a break from Vala after Beachhead and then bring her back either later in the season or next season for a guest spot or two or three....just not every episode.

Helkar
August 14th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Hi,

I love Vala's character, and i like her develop in this last episode. But i don't believe she really fits in the SGC. I see her as a recurring character, and i will be pleased with it. However, i don't mind she becames a full time character. Claudia is a great actress and she will do fantastic and one woman more in the show it's always welcome xD

Webgodfather
August 14th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Ya this last episode did well to give her character more depth. She definately should not be officially part of the SGC as that would require her character to change completely.

However a full time character, FOR SURE. She sure does spice up the energy of the show. She is the opposite of Sam.

Oh, I don't mean that at all as a knock on Sam.. rather that the characters are simply opposite.

I think Sam rocks, and can't wait to see her back.. I wonder though how her scientist mind will rap around the supernatural.

kkimball
August 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Perhaps Vala will pull a Beckett.

wmikrut
August 14th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Ya this last episode did well to give her character more depth. She definately should not be officially part of the SGC as that would require her character to change completely.

However a full time character, FOR SURE. She sure does spice up the energy of the show. She is the opposite of Sam.

Oh, I don't mean that at all as a knock on Sam.. rather that the characters are simply opposite.

I think Sam rocks, and can't wait to see her back.. I wonder though how her scientist mind will rap around the supernatural.

Oh I agree with you totally. Sam is great, but I am not so sure she should rejoin SG1. Perhaps her role would be best served staying on base as a technical resource (and get rid of that doof Felger).

I do have to say though that I also see Vala as an 'opponent' to Daniel. Daniel has become quite snarky in the series (which is perfect), and Vala seems to be the perfect addition to SG1 because she gives it right back to him.

I love watching the show just to see the way the two of them interact!

Webgodfather
August 14th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Oh I agree with you totally. Sam is great, but I am not so sure she should rejoin SG1.

I do have to say though that I also see Vala as an 'opponent' to Daniel.

I love watching the show just to see the way the two of them interact!

I have to admit, I wonder how Sam will fit with the new direction.. allot of her attraction was that cuteness and the wonder when her and Jack would get together. The Goa'uld gave her great job security because she is just so dang smart.. cute too! But now the foe is more "spiritual".

I am confident though, the show will do the right thing and re-invent her as I believ they will with Teal'c and have with Daniel..

Either that or they will ditch everyone and make it the Daniel and Mitchel show.

I also, very much enjoy the banter back and forth between Vala and Daniel. It would be a mistake to deny the audience the obvious pleasure of seeing the constant moral/intelectual/everthing else conflict between the two.

I found myself this last episode feeling Vala is more and more a crucial part of the show and would be "galactically" dissappointed by her leaving.

5X2
August 14th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I would love for Vala to stay.

5X2
August 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I have to admit, I wonder how Sam will fit with the new direction. The Goa'uld gave her great job security because she is just so dang smart! But now the foe is more "spiritual".

I also, very much enjoy the banter back and forth between Vala and Daniel. It would be a mistake to deny the audience the obvious pleasure of seeing the constant moral/intelectual/everthing else conflict between the two.

I found myself this last episode feeling Vala is more and more a crucial part of the show and would be "galactically" dissappointed by her leaving.

I SO agree with this. All of it!

Kalliope
August 15th, 2005, 12:51 AM
I have to admit, I wonder how Sam will fit with the new direction.. allot of her attraction was that cuteness and the wonder when her and Jack would get together. The Goa'uld gave her great job security because she is just so dang smart.. cute too! But now the foe is more "spiritual".

I am confident though, the show will do the right thing and re-invent her as I believ they will with Teal'c and have with Daniel..

Either that or they will ditch everyone and make it the Daniel and Mitchel show.

Agree completely. And I really hope the writers/producers are smart enough not to waste a huge potential that Vala really is. BRING HER BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

Crichton
August 15th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I don't think Vala should stay actually, but I really love her character. I believe she's going to be way more interesting as a recurring character.

One thing they absolutly HAVE to do with her next comeback is let her find a gould hand device-for force pushes etc...
I'm glad I FINALLY got to see someone who survived being a host actually use gould tech (the healer) since Carter won't do it.

Crichton
August 15th, 2005, 01:22 AM
I think having gould tech being pillaged by thieves (Vala, Leucian alliance maybe??) is a cool way to inadvertantly have the gould still affect the storyline while we move on the the Ori. I wouldn't want all mention of gould to simply stop-it seems unrealistic after countless thousands of years with them in control of our galaxy.

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 02:26 AM

Love your sig :)

Kalliope
August 16th, 2005, 01:26 AM

There is a huge potential in Vala's character, so let's hope TPTB are wise enough not to waste it ang give us more Vala in the future.

TracysTrails
August 16th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Put me down for a "More Vala, please!"

alewis104
August 16th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I wonder how Sam will fit with the new direction...

I also, very much enjoy the banter back and forth between Vala and Daniel...

I think there's great potential for some vital conflict between Sam and Vala--if the latter keeps returning (as she should)--and also some great possibilities for a developing interaction between Sam and Mitchell. After all, Mitchell is the new guy, and by all rights of seniority, Sam should be leading the team.

And the Danial-Vala banter is becoming more natural, and we're seeing more depth to her character. (As a long time SG-1 and Farscape fan, I'm biased, of course!) I'd much rather Vala stays on than Dr. Lam. No offense to Lexa Doig, but the action is primarily out in the galaxy, where Vala and Sam are at home, not in the infirmary.

vinzchlortho
August 16th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I think there's great potential for some vital conflict between Sam and Vala
Yeah, Sam needs to send the idiot Vala through the stargate into a black hole so we can get on with the series! She is worthless, ergo, Farscape.

TheCorpulent1
August 16th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Wow, great way to insult all Farscape fans, many of whom are just as much fans of SG-1. :o

SunKrux
August 16th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Ya know Corpulent1, there is no accounting for taste or manners in some people. ;)

I've already stated that I wish Vala would stay as a recurring character. As much as I do love her, I think even I would get annoyed if I saw her EVERY week. Every other week would be good for me. ;) LOL

I'm also selfish...I want Sam AND Vala to both stay. :D

TheCorpulent1
August 16th, 2005, 07:58 PM
I think after the first 5 episodes being primarily centered on Vala and Daniel, I could use a long break from her. I think Claudia Black's a great actress, but the character of Vala has gotten on my nerves for 3 out of those 5 episodes. Recurring a couple of times every season wouldn't be too bad, though. She would make a great liason for the Lucian Alliance storyline, much like Jacob was our token Tok'ra and Bra'tac is our token Jaffa, both of whom pull us back to those particular storylines every time they arrive at the SGC.

valaCB
August 17th, 2005, 03:15 AM
I think after the first 5 episodes being primarily centered on Vala and Daniel, I could use a long break from her. I think Claudia Black's a great actress, but the character of Vala has gotten on my nerves for 3 out of those 5 episodes. Recurring a couple of times every season wouldn't be too bad, though. She would make a great liason for the Lucian Alliance storyline, much like Jacob was our token Tok'ra and Bra'tac is our token Jaffa, both of whom pull us back to those particular storylines every time they arrive at the SGC.
I dont know...im going to miss her... :( hope she will come back and soon . like Jacob/Bra'tac is a good idea.

Kalliope
August 17th, 2005, 08:04 AM
"My side! Your side! My side! Your side!" :D Bring back Vala as soon as possible!

jckfan55
August 17th, 2005, 11:52 AM
I agree with you on all counts. I like your liaison idea.

the dancer of spaz
August 17th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I agree with you on all counts. I like your liaison idea.

Yep. I wouldn't have appreciated Jacob or Bra'tac as much, if they had ALWAYS been around, discussing Tok'ra/Goa'uld politics or coming up with half-baked mission that only SG-1 could go on. :P They shook it up a little. And we ALL know that Vala's capable of that! :D

TheCorpulent1
August 17th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I agree, although Bra'tac being around for a few more "Hammond of Texas" lines wouldn't have hurt. ;)

the dancer of spaz
August 17th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I agree, although Bra'tac being around for a few more "Hammond of Texas" lines wouldn't have hurt. ;)

Oh yeah. And he'd have to wave his hand over his head a couple of those times, too. :P

esoap524
August 17th, 2005, 08:25 PM

5X2, I love you signature.

I would love for her to stay too but such is life. It'll be interesting to see how the new team integrates.

Hopefully this will be an opportunity for people to miss Vala a little, making any possible return all the better.

I'm gonna miss watching Claudia Black on Friday nights again.

esoap524
August 17th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah, Sam needs to send the idiot Vala through the stargate into a black hole so we can get on with the series! She is worthless, ergo, Farscape.

That wasn't very nice. You may think Vala's worthless--that's fine. It's the minority opinion on the "Vala should stay thread" but... whatever.

At any rate, why throw Farscape in? What does Vala have to do with Farscape?

Kalliope
August 18th, 2005, 07:29 AM
That wasn't very nice. You may think Vala's worthless--that's fine. It's the minority opinion on the "Vala should stay thread" but... whatever.

At any rate, why throw Farscape in? What does Vala have to do with Farscape?

I also would like to know the answer to this question...

wolverine_nl
August 18th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Hmmzz...not a very clever, wellthought post this is hmmm (*With Yoda voice*)

In my opinion, some dislike Vala and some like Vala, that's something unavoidable. But the storylines have gone wider and now there's more room to write new stories, new perspectives.
New characters bring in their own history and secrets. Already you have new storylines; Jaffa Nation, Orii, Ancientsecrets etc. etc. Why complain? :rolleyes:

greetss :D

esoap524
August 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Hmmzz...not a very clever, wellthought post this is hmmm (*With Yoda voice*)

In my opinion, some dislike Vala and some like Vala, that's something unavoidable. But the storylines have gone wider and now there's more room to write new stories, new perspectives.
New characters bring in their own history and secrets. Already you have new storylines; Jaffa Nation, Orii, Ancientsecrets etc. etc. Why complain? :rolleyes:

greetss :D

Amen :) Or is it "so say we all."

I think the complaining is due to people hating change. I agree--more new characters = more new stories, but I'm a fan of the new actors (Black in particular), Browder of course and I love Beau Bridges as Landry. He's like a teddy bear in a leather jacket...until he gets mad.

A show that runs 9 years, and hopes to get a couple more, needs to grow, and that growth is fueled by new relationships, just like it is in RL. I don't like change any more than the next guy but, if you're a fan of SG1-old school, then you probably should have stopped watching when O'Neill went part time. SG1-old school, likely ceased to exist at that moment. Or, stopped back when Jonas was brought on board. In RL, people do change jobs and drop out of sight--like Carter, sometimes they do come back with new knowledge and experiences that may also foster change.

SG1's producers have done a heck of a job filling in the gaps created by AT's absence and RDA's leaving. Browder, Black, and Bridges (the 3 bs!) are all formidable actors with a lot of credibility as actors, Browder and Black as genre actors as well. They're all interesting to watch and capable of portraying characters that mesh with well established folks like Daniel Jackson and Teal'c.

I just get tired of the "ergo, Farscape" mentality. Claudia Black ROCKED in Farscape, as a completely different character than the one she plays on Stargate. That post almost makes it sound like Claudia Black, the actress, made Farscape "bad" and is making Stargate, SG1 "bad". In this, I would vociferously disagree. I hope that wasn't the way it was meant, because folks here have been pretty generous towards the actors, even if they haven't always liked the characters (Lam, Mitchell, Vala, etc).

Sorry that I got a little passionate about this but that type of post really irritates me.

TheCorpulent1
August 18th, 2005, 08:20 AM
It's not a matter of hating change, I think. Some people just don't view the changes to SG-1 as very good changes. I can see where they're coming from, since I've seen a lot of the entertainment projects that I enjoy change for the worse (comics, Sliders, movie franchises, etc.). In SG-1's case, however, I don't agree with them. I'm enjoying season 9 a lot so far.

esoap524
August 18th, 2005, 09:22 AM
It's not a matter of hating change, I think. Some people just don't view the changes to SG-1 as very good changes. I can see where they're coming from, since I've seen a lot of the entertainment projects that I enjoy change for the worse (comics, Sliders, movie franchises, etc.). In SG-1's case, however, I don't agree with them. I'm enjoying season 9 a lot so far.

For me, The Xfiles springs to mind as "bad" changes, but those started way before Mulder left, at season 7.

Anyway!

I guess a lot of these fears will be allayed this week with the return of Carter and Vala's exit. At that point, you'll have Mitchell, whom it seems most people like or feel neutrally about, and the 3 main team members.

I'm enjoying season 9 too. My least favorite episode was The Ties that Bind--I expected a lot more and was disappointed. It's weird--I liked a lot of individual scenes quite a bit, but I didn't think the episode worked as a whole...

Ancient 1
August 18th, 2005, 11:44 AM
I think the clash of personalities with Carter would be intersting for an ep or 2, but it would tend to stagnate; as the character of Vala is doing. TPTB have made her so 0ne-dimensional that there is no room for growth. I do however think that CB is doing the best thing she can do with the character; which is to say: play it "over the top," and embrace the character for what it is: shallow, manipulative, and carefree. :rolleyes:

GhostPoet
August 18th, 2005, 11:49 AM
My wife and I are both big fans of Vala..it'll be sad to see her go. I WISH we could have Vala AND Sam..but if that is impossible..then I do like the reaccuring character idea...just as long as it's more than 1 or 2 episdoes a season :P

TheCorpulent1
August 18th, 2005, 12:00 PM
I think the clash of personalities with Carter would be intersting for an ep or 2, but it would tend to stagnate; as the character of Vala is doing. TPTB have made her so 0ne-dimensional that there is no room for growth. I do however think that CB is doing the best thing she can do with the character; which is to say: play it "over the top," and embrace the character for what it is: shallow, manipulative, and carefree. :rolleyes:
It would definitely get tiresome after a while, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to how Carter and Vala deal with each other in tomorrow's episode.

Egraine
August 18th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I think the clash of personalities with Carter would be intersting for an ep or 2

Here's another possibility....maybe Sam and Vala hit it off and become great friends. That could be a lot of fun watching opposites react to each other, possiblity find some commonality, dish the dirt.....other than Janet, Sam really hasn't had a close female friend. Who knows, maybe Vala could have a corrupting influence on Sam....she seems to excel in that. ;)

SO looking forward to Amanda coming back to the show tomorrow night, but I'll miss Claudia when she leaves.

esoap524
August 18th, 2005, 01:08 PM
It would definitely get tiresome after a while, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to how Carter and Vala deal with each other in tomorrow's episode.

For some reason, I have a feeling that they're not going to deal with each other--in other words, I'm not convinced they'll even be in any scenes together. I'm not sure if that's just me or if I read it somewhere...

Either way, I'm shivering with antici.........Pation!

shockwave
August 18th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I think Vala is great and that she should stay. I've enjoyed her very much in the first five eps. It'll be sad to see her go after Beachhead

Kalliope
August 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM

One dimmensional??? Re-watch The Powers That Be episode or better we'll talk about it again after tomorrow's episode...

Darth Buddha
August 18th, 2005, 01:40 PM
One dimmensional??? Re-watch The Powers That Be.
What, In the Powers that Be, amounted to more than one dimension to Vala, or more importantly, went beyond the character we already know?

She's written as the sexualized rogue thief, a la Silk from David Eddings for those who are familiar with the Belgariad, a la Han Solo in Star Wars, a la Chiana from Farscape. Leering, greedy, but when push comes to shove not willing to severely harm others and/or stand by and let people be killed. It's a cliche based on the Hermes archetype from Greek mythology, but without quite so much meat.

I know this is likely to become a case of curiosity mangled the cat, but if you could limit yourself to the content of the programs in contrast with the cliche I've sketched here, rather than referring to a variety of Claudia Black fandom articles, promotional materials of dubious merit, and/or merely swoonish excesses, I'd be appreciative.

Moreover, you might very well have some very good examples, because I could have overlooked some aspect of character development.. the last few eps didn't do much for me, so my attention wandered. For example, Ms. Black's wardrobe was more interesting than the character they gave her to play. Not everybody could wear that sort of stuff without looking bad in addition to way out there!

TheCorpulent1
August 18th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I was a bit perplexed by the Qetesh outfit myself. It looks more like a nightgown that some overzealous counter-culture chick took a pair of scissors to than any kind of godly attire... I did like Vala in the episode, though.

Brady
August 19th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Obviously they shiped her off to a far off place and hope to pull her back at some point..Personaly I am not to happy to see her go, and a little uphappy at how tonights epsiode ended, I knew it was comming but I realy liked the way her caracter spiced things up and I am sry to see her offed to the other galixy for an unknown time.

valaCB
August 20th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Obviously they shiped her off to a far off place and hope to pull her back at some point..Personaly I am not to happy to see her go, and a little uphappy at how tonights epsiode ended, I knew it was comming but I realy liked the way her caracter spiced things up and I am sry to see her offed to the other galixy for an unknown time.

HI Bradly,
I think you should post in Season 9 thread or Claudia Balck/Vala thread....

valaCB
August 20th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Which Episode they filming now? and someone know if Vala will be back this season? if she will coming back at all...

Edit to add - it was great to see Carter again. i didnt know how much i missed her till i see her. Welcome Back!!! :)

NakedJehutyV2
August 20th, 2005, 02:13 AM

i 100% agree with ya.

too bad sam and vala didn't interact at all only 2-3 times in beachhead

GateTraveler
August 20th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Well, I must admit that other than a few scenes here and there (not including PU and Avalon I), I rather enjoyed Vala and will miss her. I really think if they toned her down a bit like they did in Avalon II, Origin, TPTB, and Beachhead, she could become a great recurring character.

While wasting a few opportunities, the writers did a pretty fair job overall of fleshing her out a bit and making her more palatable. This coming from someone who hated her in PU and Avalon I is high praise indeed.

Kalliope
August 20th, 2005, 04:39 AM
There should be RESCUE VALA TEAM organized as soon as possible to get her out of the Ori galaxy... BRING BACK VALA!!!

Apogeal Alpha 01
August 20th, 2005, 04:47 AM
I want Vala (smart, witty, funny, sexy, ambiguous).

I want Sam (smart, witty, funny, sexy, reliable).

A.I'm with you! I was going to read all the posts first, but it won't change my mind. I am going to miss Vala after 6 episodes more than I would Sam if she were not to return. Frankly I want my cake and to eat it too. How about she comes on full time regular character next season along with Sam?

You know, Vala figured out what had to be done and actually did it while the team sat debating the thing. She could add something to the team on a regular basis, and the universe has become a place where the wiliness of a Vala type character could be quite handy!!

Kalliope
August 20th, 2005, 05:05 AM
You know, Vala figured out what had to be done and actually did it while the team sat debating the thing. She could add something to the team on a regular basis, and the universe has become a place where the wiliness of a Vala type character could be quite handy!!

Agree completely. They need her more they're able to realize. BTW, there's ASK JOE MALLOZZI (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4440815#post4440815) thread here, grill Joe about it a little bit... :)

valaCB
August 20th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I'm with you! I was going to read all the posts first, but it won't change my mind. I am going to miss Vala after 6 episodes more than I would Sam if she were not to return. Frankly I want my cake and to eat it too. How about she comes on full time regular character next season along with Sam?

I post in some old posts that i want Vala as a Recurring. I change my mind. she need to be regular character !

nodrog
August 20th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Oh wow I was on the scifi forums and everyone is hating on vala I couldn't stand them anymore. They bring up the most illogical reasons why they dislike her well some of them are alright I mean she is sleezy and what not but I believe she adds energy to the show from such a serious moment in time which is the defeat of the Goa'uld. Anyways I hope she'll come back if not a permanent character then a reoccuring one like Jacob.

Kalliope
August 20th, 2005, 06:23 AM
I post in some old posts that i want Vala as a Recurring. I change my mind. she need to be regular character !

And Mitchell and Landry should offer Vala a honorary membership of SG-1 team.

Mr. Seven
August 20th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Let's not get carried away here. She's a great character and all, but she just isn't permanent SG-1 material. Although it would be an easy way to write some episodes, just have them go off world and Vala will get them in trouble.. She provided an interesting new dynamic to the show and team for her six episodes and I have to say that I loved the character.

I think she'll be back though, how can they not bring her back after this?

She's strategically positioned in the Ori galaxy right now, perhaps to appear when/if they find a way to physically travel to the Ori galaxy again.

nodrog
August 20th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Hmm maybe not a main character like the members of Sg1 well I'm sure a lot of people would get sick of her(not me though!) but a supportive character like how General Hammond was.

Kalliope
August 20th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Hmm maybe not a main character like the members of Sg1 well I'm sure a lot of people would get sick of her(not me though!) but a supportive character like how General Hammond was.

That's why I think a honorary membership of SG-1 team (a sort of "feel free to join us on a missions whenever you want") would be really great and Vala really, really deserves it after what she just did for them. They would be cold-blooded *******s not to do it, especially Mitchell.

RJ-45
August 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I'm going to miss her after this episode. I liked how Vala's character started to grow in the episode last week with her healing everyone. And now she saved the galaxy. Hopefully when she returns she'll have valuable intel on the Ori. She should definately be a recurring character if not a regular cast member. I liked how they used both her and Carter in the same episode. They could easily add Vala to SG-1 going on missions and still have Carter for technical backup.

But could you imagine Carter playing basketball with the group? It took her long enough to go fishing with Jack. :p I hope she returns soon.

rac76
August 20th, 2005, 12:34 PM
After watching last night's episode, I'm left wondering why did they let her go in the first place. I love her interaction with daniel, it makes me laugh!! With her gone, who is going to be the comic relief? It seems from last night, that the 4 main characters are just too serious. Oh I hope that they get a clue and bring Vala back!! :D

IMForeman
August 20th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I'd love to see Vala teamed up with Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who. Together the two of them would literally be the innuendo squad. :D

-IMF

valaCB
August 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I'd love to see Vala teamed up with Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who. Together the two of them would literally be the innuendo squad. :D

-IMF
I LOVE this show. what a great idea...lol

whisper99
August 20th, 2005, 05:58 PM
A Sentiment is sweeping through Stargate fandom.

It's everywhere!

Fans are crying out in a voice.

"We want Vala!!!!"

If you feel the same way, please post on this thread to add your voice and support! We are the Vala-Dictorians and our goal is to show how much we love Vala and wish to see her prompt return to the show as a permanent character.

Long live Vala MalDoran!! :)

IMForeman
August 20th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I'd love to have Vala back fulltime. She's Stargate's representitive from the Innuendo Squad. She's just not the Captain...

-IMF

Iggep
August 20th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I'm definately one of those calling for her to become a regular cast member! Not only is she a fantastic actress, but her character brought something to the show and to SG-1 that had been lacking until this season. She provided something very comical, and yet something more than that as the polar opposite to Danial. Jack might have always had a one liner lurking for any occasion, but he never achieved the heights to which Claudia Black took her character this season.

I want Claudia back!

the fifth man
August 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I'm almost positive we haven't seen the last of our beloved Vala. Tptb are not fools, they know something good when they get it.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
August 20th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Claudia Black is a great actor, and I enjoyed her guest appearances on SG-1.

I'm hoping TPTB will wait a few episodes to let her absence sink in and then bring her back to the team. There's no reason SG-1 can't have five members.

Iggep
August 20th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I was just saying that to my girlfriend last night. She mentioned that there are two women on the team now and I looked at her and said there's nothing stopping the team from having five people on it. While I'm sure I'm going to ejoy the rest of season 9, it's going to seem different without Claudia/Vala now.

Peoples_General
August 20th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I want Vala back too. But I guess she's probably somewhere in the Ori galaxy doing her thing to help us out in our end. Maybe she'll be key to those resistance guys in the Ori galaxy.

Can you say, captured Ori ship?

Kalliope
August 21st, 2005, 12:50 AM
I miss her already and the rest of the season is going to be sooooooo empty without Vala. Mitchell should make Vala honorary member of SG-1, don't you think?

nodrog
August 21st, 2005, 01:42 AM
She made this season unique on so many levels!! I simply love her character and wish her to return!

somme
August 21st, 2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah I want Vala back too, she was funny and fresh and made the new season what it is. Bring her back.

Apogeal Alpha 01
August 21st, 2005, 03:33 AM
We Want Vala!
I wonder what sort of fragrance she wears? :)

shockwave
August 21st, 2005, 03:39 AM
bring back Vala, she's just great
If they kept Vala and reduced Sam to recurring I wouldn't even have minded
SG1 2.0 is Daniel, Teal'c, Vala and Mitchell now

Helkar
August 21st, 2005, 05:28 AM
Vala is awesome!!! i want her back too!!! I want her as a full time character now!!! I hope TPTB use Vala further in the season.

Sp4ceM0nkey
August 21st, 2005, 05:35 AM
Agree... Vala was the reason I really liked season 9... She kinda made up for Andersons absence.

Gary83uk
August 21st, 2005, 06:14 AM
/sign

Ninja
August 21st, 2005, 07:48 AM
(COLOR=Navy) I really like Vala. She's witty and fun. I agree with what some people were saying, in that she doesn't have to continue just being a loud selfish doodoo head. They can work in some character developement. She has AMAZING potential to grow and become a member of the team. :)

Droops
August 21st, 2005, 06:49 PM
Keep Sam, but also bring back Vala! Doesn't have to be every episode, but a regular appearance would be wonderful! Great character, keep her around!

Kalliope
August 21st, 2005, 11:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Kalliope_Pl/stargate1469.jpg

Aeryn/Vala
August 22nd, 2005, 06:25 AM
I have seen PU, Avalon 1+2, Origin and TTTB so far!! That's enough to say

BRING BACK VALA!!!

With Vala and Sam there will be two women in the SG-team!!! Great :D !!! Keep both!!!! And

BRING BACK VALA!!!

TracysTrails
August 22nd, 2005, 06:36 AM
Bring Vala BACK! Just don't ask about it on the Ask Joe thread, because apparently the mods don't like that. It's apparently okay for S/J shippers to ask a thousand times if Sam and Jack are ever going to get together, but once is enough for asking about Vala coming back.

Good and properly spanked, I am.

Kalliope
August 22nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
Bring Vala BACK! Just don't ask about it on the Ask Joe thread, because apparently the mods don't like that. It's apparently okay for S/J shippers to ask a thousand times if Sam and Jack are ever going to get together, but once is enough for asking about Vala coming back.

Good and properly spanked, I am.

I think we should continue asking questions about Vala in the Ask Joe thread, but different sort of questions, not only whether Vala will be back, but more detailed questions about what we want to learn about her in the future, for example what she's doing now in the Ori territory, whether Daniel and the rest of the team are going to meet people who know Vala and can say something positive about her, what is going to be total shock for Daniel particularly, something about her home planet... etc., etc., etc., suggesting some ideas for future episodes :)

VALAasg
August 22nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Keep Sam, but also bring back Vala! Doesn't have to be every episode, but a regular appearance would be wonderful! Great character, keep her around!

Hear, hear! Bring back Vala, soon!

valaCB
August 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
I think we should continue asking questions about Vala in the Ask Joe thread, but different sort of questions, not only whether Vala will be back, but more detailed questions about what we want to learn about her in the future, for example what she's doing now in the Ori territory, whether Daniel and the rest of the team are going to meet people who know Vala and can say something positive about her, what is going to be total shock for Daniel particularly, something about her home planet... etc., etc., etc., suggesting some ideas for future episodes :)

lol, :cool: great idea!!!

Lida
August 22nd, 2005, 10:53 AM
I love the title of the thread, very original and imaginative. And sure, keep asking questions, as long as they are polite and not repetitve. Let tptb know that you liked the character and would love to see more of Vala in the future (if there is a future).

LMichelle
August 22nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Vala needs to come back. We need some reolution for her character. Also, I wished we had more Sam and Vala interaction. That would have been great since they are so opposite. I was also hoping for a good-bye scene between Daniel and Vala and we didn't get that. :(

Please Claudia come back to us. :)

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
August 22nd, 2005, 02:39 PM
I love Vala! I think it could be very interesting to have her in the Orii's galaxy. So many possible ways to have her back doing something meaningful (for a change ;) ) with her usual humour :D

It would be great to have some Vala episodes where we see how she fares there. I can see her starting something of a revolution there :) "The Cult Of Vala"

whisper99
August 22nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
It's so wonderful to see all the positive response! Thank you all for posting your support to the cause!

I want my VALA TV!!! :)

Bring back Vala!!! :)

gatebee
August 22nd, 2005, 08:20 PM
I love Sam. I think there are still alot of stories TPTB can do with Sam's character. But Vala should come back every now and then, say like the way Jacob or Bratac has been doing for years. IMO it is all up to TPTB to write in Vala's character. There is no reason that we can not have two powerful women in the ep.

fr Beach Head
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/PDVD_148.jpg

chocdoc
August 22nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
It's so wonderful to see all the positive response! Thank you all for posting your support to the cause!

I want my VALA TV!!! :)

Bring back Vala!!! :)

I noticed that you want Vala back as a permanent character. I wouldn't want this, but like many posters on this thread I would like to see Vala as a recurring character. I think she would be great, similar to Jacob or Bra'tac as others have mentioned. If I saw her every week I would get tired of her, but not so if I saw her every so often.

Kalliope
August 23rd, 2005, 12:28 AM
I noticed that you want Vala back as a permanent character. I wouldn't want this, but like many posters on this thread I would like to see Vala as a recurring character. I think she would be great, similar to Jacob or Bra'tac as others have mentioned. If I saw her every week I would get tired of her, but not so if I saw her every so often.

This would be easy if like the actors who played Jacob or Bra'tac Claudia lived in Canada or at least in USA. She doesn't. So, it can be only the full season or part-time, but several episodes in a row like this time options. I vote for the first option definitely :D

SG1Atlantis
August 23rd, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone! Just joined, i saw this thread and had to post. I am gona miss seeing Vala every week. :( She helped make the new season exciting and watchable. I love her humor :D I agree w/some of the others in the thread: she should be on SG-1. I mean Carter's great and all but if you're gona get rid of Jack,and get all these new characters, then go all they way. Dont just replace two people. Sg-1 should be Daniel, Vala, Mitchell and Teal'C.

Kalliope
August 23rd, 2005, 01:09 PM
Well... we need some "jirl power" and I'd love to see Sam and Vala on the mission together :D

Aeryn/Vala
August 24th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Well... we need some "jirl power" and I'd love to see Sam and Vala on the mission together :D

Me too!! :D

Jynks
August 24th, 2005, 06:31 PM
i read a god point in one of the other threads around her about how Sma basicaly tag teamed it with vala... "There is only room for one woman in the boys club"

I totaly agree with that... be nice to see a few more women about the sgc.

If she dose come back eveil there could be a good set of episodes of them turning her back to normal... That could work... also it would be a very tidy way of the sgc learning heaps about the ori's powers and weaknesses... plus the experience she gained would give her a legitimat reason to be in the sgc

Kalliope
August 24th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I don't agree that there is only room for one woman in the boys club and I really would love to see both girls in the action working together.

Gaterelle
August 25th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I don't agree that there is only room for one woman in the boys club and I really would love to see both girls in the action working together.

I agree completely! We need more strong women on the show! :D

Gaterelle
August 25th, 2005, 08:35 AM
I love Sam. I think there are still alot of stories TPTB can do with Sam's character. But Vala should come back every now and then, say like the way Jacob or Bratac has been doing for years. IMO it is all up to TPTB to write in Vala's character. There is no reason that we can not have two powerful women in the ep.

Exactly, it has nothing to do with whether one loves Sam or not. Why not have two females on the team or on the show?

valaCB
August 25th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I agree completely! We need more strong women on the show! :D
strong women? I agree. bring back Aeryn! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif

Aeryn/Vala
August 25th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Exactly, it has nothing to do with whether one loves Sam or not. Why not have two females on the team or on the show?

"That's what I'm talking about"! :D

Kalliope
August 25th, 2005, 11:41 AM
strong women? I agree. bring back Aeryn! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif
http://www.mazeguy.net/happy/rotfl.gifhttp://www.mazeguy.net/happy/rotfl.gif http://www.mazeguy.net/happy/rotfl.gif

Gaterelle
August 25th, 2005, 11:47 AM

*laughs* Yesyes, wrong show. ;)

Gaterelle
August 26th, 2005, 03:20 AM
So, do you really think that Vala and Daniel could get together romantically? And what would it be like?
My bet is that she just has to seduce him, not that he'd need much convincing because he's already in love with her. *grins*

Kalliope
August 27th, 2005, 03:11 PM
So, do you really think that Vala and Daniel could get together romantically? And what would it be like?
My bet is that she just has to seduce him, not that he'd need much convincing because he's already in love with her. *grins*

I'm not sure I like the seducing idea, but I really think that Vala and Daniel are made for each other, they just don't know it yet :)

Aeryn/Vala
August 28th, 2005, 04:05 AM
I'm not sure I like the seducing idea, but I really think that Vala and Daniel are made for each other, they just don't know it yet :)

Vala knows it but Daniel not :D

Kalliope
August 28th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Vala knows it but Daniel not :D

I hope he's going to realize it some day and let's hope it won't be too late! :D

M-Ray
August 28th, 2005, 02:36 PM
"There is only room for one woman in the boys club"

I disagree. Vala shoud be permanent.
Sam has to be an obsequious military type – she always has been whereas Vala bows to no one.
Makes for a culture clash, situational humor, test of values, strengths/weaknesses etc.
[mod snip]

Apogeal Alpha 01
August 28th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Sam has to be an obsequious military type – she always has been whereas Vala bows to no one.
Makes for a culture clash, situational humor, test of values, strengths/weaknesses etc.
I love Sam but I also love Vala and want to have her babies! :D
Oh boy! Is that Vala's secret? Is that why Daniel could turn down Vala so easily? Daniel knows that Vala is really a . . . . . Oh BOY!! :D

Kalliope
August 28th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Oh boy! Is that Vala's secret? Is that why Daniel could turn down Vala so easily? Daniel knows that Vala is really a . . . . . Oh BOY!! :D

Don't even go there... this is SOOO WRONG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: And completely UNTRUE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

M-Ray
August 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I’m just saying, Vala is Hot.

David
August 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
There are quite a number of children on this board. Let's remember that it's the parent's job to decide when such topics of conversation are discussed, and not a faceless name on the Web. Thank you.

valaCB
August 28th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Great news for Vala's fans

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Roush/AskMatt/

Kalliope
August 29th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Hooray!!! :)

Aeryn/Vala
August 29th, 2005, 02:58 AM
http://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/veryhappy.gif That are really good news!!!! http://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/veryhappy.gif

TracysTrails
August 29th, 2005, 04:47 AM

Oooo, that's even better than the way I heard it the other night! Twice as good!

Happy Dance in the Office! LOL

ValaMalduran
August 29th, 2005, 10:48 AM

Juhuuuuuu! :D :p

A.

SG1Atlantis
August 31st, 2005, 10:45 AM
I definetly think Daniel and Vala could get together. Vala definelty all ready has a huge crush on Daniel and he cares for her. That scene in "The Powers That Be" showed us that. He just has to admit it to himself :)

valaCB
September 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM
so...anyone want to say something about Vala. something good... :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/Vala/beachhead257.jpg

Apogeal Alpha 01
September 6th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I think it's a shame that there's only one of her, and I'm not likely to meet her. The real Claudia Black is probably married with children. Like my old girlfriend she reminds me of. :(

Temporarily_cloned
September 6th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I think it's a shame that there's only one of her, and I'm not likely to meet her. The real Claudia Black is probably married with children. Like my old girlfriend she reminds me of. :(

Married - yes. Children - no.

ValaMalduran
September 7th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I definetly think Daniel and Vala could get together. Vala definelty all ready has a huge crush on Daniel and he cares for her. That scene in "The Powers That Be" showed us that. He just has to admit it to himself :)

Vala likes Daniel very much. :p :D

A.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/stargate3269.jpg

valaCB
September 7th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Just want to say that this forum is not so Pro-Vala.
so , all the Vala's fans can join us here http://boards.sonypictures.com/boar...ead.php?t=16714
or
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boar...ead.php?t=16676
or
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boar...ead.php?t=16131

im tring to bring people from Sony forum to here but without any success

Apogeal Alpha 01
September 7th, 2005, 02:50 PM
The links don't work. The ... in the address are a clue. :)

Temporarily_cloned
September 7th, 2005, 02:57 PM
The links don't work. The ... in the address are a clue. :)

Vala-dictorians UNITE! at sonypictures forum (http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/showthread.php?p=243850#post243850)

and now?

Lida
September 7th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Just want to say that this forum is not so Pro-Vala.
so , all the Vala's fans can join us here http://boards.sonypictures.com/boar...ead.php?t=16714
or
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boar...ead.php?t=16676
or
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boar...ead.php?t=16131

im tring to bring people from Sony forum to here but without any success

Huh? This thread is NOT pro-Vala? What is then, macaroni and cheese? Sheesh, I'm totally confused.......(slowly walks out of the door.) :S

valaCB
September 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
maybe now... http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Vala-Dictorions UNITE!!! (Spoilers)

SunKrux
September 7th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Huh? This thread is NOT pro-Vala? What is then, macaroni and cheese? Sheesh, I'm totally confused.......(slowly walks out of the door.) :S

I think it is...just because some of us want Vala as a reoccuring character and Sam kept as team member, that must be why this thread is a NOT pro-Vala thread now. So be it. I like both women and think it's utterly stupid and useless to argue about which character should stay and which should go. They should both stay. :D

BTW, I'll stick to this thread...many on the Sony board are far, far too against Sam for my liking. Calling her a "waste of space/time" is so not cool in my book. Sam is totally awesome, just as Vala is. :D

Aeryn/Vala
September 8th, 2005, 02:19 AM
I think it is...just because some of us want Vala as a reoccuring character and Sam kept as team member, that must be why this thread is a NOT pro-Vala thread now. So be it. I like both women and think it's utterly stupid and useless to argue about which character should stay and which should go. They should both stay. :D

BTW, I'll stick to this thread...many on the Sony board are far, far too against Sam for my liking. Calling her a "waste of space/time" is so not cool in my book. Sam is totally awesome, just as Vala is. :D

I totally agree!!! :D
If Sam wouldn't stay who would confuse me with all these technobabble :D :D

valaCB
September 8th, 2005, 02:22 AM
It is a proVala. but it isn't that active, isn't?

Apogeal Alpha 01
September 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM

I agree. Just because I've flipped for Vala isn't a reason to assume that I've stopped liking Sam. Why must there be only one woman? If that's the case, out with the Doctor! Lets get an EMH program. I'm sure the Asgards have one handy, just have to build holo-emitters, a holomatrix, etc. Ach, nevermind!

Lida
September 8th, 2005, 10:34 AM
I agree. Just because I've flipped for Vala isn't a reason to assume that I've stopped liking Sam. Why must there be only one woman? If that's the case, out with the Doctor! Lets get an EMH program. I'm sure the Asgards have one handy, just have to build holo-emitters, a holomatrix, etc. Ach, nevermind!

Oh, I really like that idea!!!!! :D

But I have to admit, I'm still confused...just because we like BOTH Sam, as a member of SG-1 and Vala, as a recurring character, why isn't this a pro-Vala thread? Isn't this thread supposed to be promoting Vala? Or is it just to promote Vala as a permanent substitute for Sam?

Forgive me if I'm sounding dense, but I'd like to understand.....

ValaMalduran
September 8th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Sam = cool

Vala = cool

'Nuff said.

A.

valaCB
September 8th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Oh, I really like that idea!!!!! :D

But I have to admit, I'm still confused...just because we like BOTH Sam, as a member of SG-1 and Vala, as a recurring character, why isn't this a pro-Vala thread? Isn't this thread supposed to be promoting Vala? Or is it just to promote Vala as a permanent substitute for Sam?

Forgive me if I'm sounding dense, but I'd like to understand.....
Its just a thread to support Vala and to show you care. if you like Sam or others characters , that's cool too. :cool:

The title said it all - For everyone who wants Vala to stay

SunKrux
September 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Its just a thread to support Vala and to show you care. if you like Sam or others characters , that's cool too. :cool:

The title said it all - For everyone who wants Vala to stay

But it doesn't mean for Vala to stay as a permenant character/member of the team. :D

As much as I love Vala (and Claudia's talent for brining her to life) I do NOT want Vala as a permenant team member, I'd get rather tired of her. Bring her back like Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak and I'll be a happy lil' camper. :D

Aeryn/Vala
September 14th, 2005, 09:30 AM
But it doesn't mean for Vala to stay as a permenant character/member of the team. :D

As much as I love Vala (and Claudia's talent for brining her to life) I do NOT want Vala as a permenant team member, I'd get rather tired of her. Bring her back like Bra'Tac and Jacob/Selmak and I'll be a happy lil' camper. :D

I have to agree! I love Vala and Claudia but I think I will get bored!!

Aeryn/Vala
September 30th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Nobody here:( ?? Ok, Vala will come back but will she stay????

valaCB
September 30th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Nobody here:( ?? Ok, Vala will come back but will she stay????
IM here, im here http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif
Vala is just so great but i dont know if she'll stay... and i don't have a steady opinion on that subject

Aeryn/Vala
October 1st, 2005, 03:42 AM
IM here, im here http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/blobs/boldred.gif
Vala is just so great but i dont know if she'll stay... and i don't have a steady opinion on that subject

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/00009158.gif

I just wanna keep this thread alive!!:D

AngelmaOwl
October 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
I haven't the time to read what all of your have previously written, so I apologize if I repeat anything anybody has said.

Ms.Black is an amazing actress. I have not heard a single negative comment about her. Nothing but praise for who she is, how hard she works and how she brings her characters to life from current and ex-co-workers and everyone else. From what I've read in interviews, chats and the like, I believe her to be a good role model for young women everywhere. --For the most part. Nobody is perfect, but that is another topic for another time. We shall leave it at 'she is brilliant and to be respected.'

While I am highly praising Ms.Black please do not mistake me as being anti-Lt. Col. Carter or anti-Ms.Tapping. I love and appreciate them both and would be honestly upset if she left.

If the two worked together and the writers dug into Vala a bit more, I forsee a good season or however long it lasts. Taking away so many old characters, defeating the Goa'uld and the Replicators, adding the Orii (which is taking a substantial amout of time if you ask me), and adding the new characters all in one shot is rather daring, but I'm proud of how they are pulling it off thus far. While many of you oppose Vala, even to the littlest extent, you should realize her potential and appreciate what she/the writers are trying to do. In one fell swoop, we are losing Gen. O'Neill's sarcasm, but adding Mitchell's own little bit. Not nearly enough to try to fill Gen. O'Neill's shoes. Lt. Col. Mitchell, while a good leader, has a tough act to follow. Vala is the character to try to lift our spirits and keep the show as light as possible through the dark period. During all this Dr. Lam is trying to follow Dr. Fraiser's act. Another tough one. While Lam must be threaded in carefully, Vala is plopped right down in the middle of it all. (In the beginning I resented Dr. Lam and the writers for even trying to replace Dr. Fraiser, but she's growing on me and that is another topic for another time.) I could go on, but will leave my endless dronings there unless I get some major response to this.
--AO--

valaCB
October 2nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
I haven't the time to read what all of your have previously written, so I apologize if I repeat anything anybody has said.

Ms.Black is an amazing actress. I have not heard a single negative comment about her. Nothing but praise for who she is, how hard she works and how she brings her characters to life from current and ex-co-workers and everyone else. From what I've read in interviews, chats and the like, I believe her to be a good role model for young women everywhere. --For the most part. Nobody is perfect, but that is another topic for another time. We shall leave it at 'she is brilliant and to be respected.'

While I am highly praising Ms.Black please do not mistake me as being anti-Lt. Col. Carter or anti-Ms.Tapping. I love and appreciate them both and would be honestly upset if she left.

If the two worked together and the writers dug into Vala a bit more, I forsee a good season or however long it lasts. Taking away so many old characters, defeating the Goa'uld and the Replicators, adding the Orii (which is taking a substantial amout of time if you ask me), and adding the new characters all in one shot is rather daring, but I'm proud of how they are pulling it off thus far. While many of you oppose Vala, even to the littlest extent, you should realize her potential and appreciate what she/the writers are trying to do. In one fell swoop, we are losing Gen. O'Neill's sarcasm, but adding Mitchell's own little bit. Not nearly enough to try to fill Gen. O'Neill's shoes. Lt. Col. Mitchell, while a good leader, has a tough act to follow. Vala is the character to try to lift our spirits and keep the show as light as possible through the dark period. During all this Dr. Lam is trying to follow Dr. Fraiser's act. Another tough one. While Lam must be threaded in carefully, Vala is plopped right down in the middle of it all. (In the beginning I resented Dr. Lam and the writers for even trying to replace Dr. Fraiser, but she's growing on me and that is another topic for another time.) I could go on, but will leave my endless dronings there unless I get some major response to this.
--AO--

I agree with everything you wrote, especially about the 'O'Neill's shoes' I think that Vala will help to fill them, that's why Vala need to stay all season 10 :)
I really want to see the interact between Sam and Vala.
and i have to add that this forum (Gateworld) is less Vala's fun, the Sony forum is more supportive about her. but we need Vala's supportiving in here as well so i hope you'll keep posting :)

Aeryn/Vala
October 2nd, 2005, 02:53 AM

--AO--

I don't mistake you! That's this stupid thing that you only can like Vala or Sam!! I also like both and hope they will interact more in the future than they did in "Beachhead"!!!

Unfortunately there are some negative comments here on GW!!! But don't read them!!!!

SunKrux
October 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately there are some negative comments here on GW!!! But don't read them!!!!

What she said. Don't read the negative stuff about either Vala or Sam. :D I think this forum is just as fun, but then again, I haven't made myself unwelcome by going into negative only threads and posting positive things about Vala. Fun is what you, that's right I said, YOU make of it. :D

Aeryn/Vala
October 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM
What she said. Don't read the negative stuff about either Vala or Sam. :D I think this forum is just as fun, but then again, I haven't made myself unwelcome by going into negative only threads and posting positive things about Vala. Fun is what you, that's right I said, YOU make of it. :D

I did :D ! I posted positive things some month ago and they deleted my post!! So AngelmaOwl, don't do it!!

SunKrux
October 5th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I did :D ! I posted positive things some month ago and they deleted my post!! So AngelmaOwl, don't do it!!

Sorry to hear that, but when it says "negative only comments" in the title or the beginning post, that's a big hint to not go there. ;) This forum is pretty strict about that. I think it's a good thing to have seperate threads for negative and positive comments. That way we don't have to wade through all the negative stuff to read the positive. :D ;)

I usually stay well away from negative only threads. I don't need all that negativity in my life. :D

Aeryn/Vala
October 6th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear that, but when it says "negative only comments" in the title or the beginning post, that's a big hint to not go there. ;) This forum is pretty strict about that. I think it's a good thing to have seperate threads for negative and positive comments. That way we don't have to wade through all the negative stuff to read the positive. :D ;)

I usually stay well away from negative only threads. I don't need all that negativity in my life. :D

Yeah, but I'm a little bit wiser now :D !! I won't read such threads anymore!!

SunKrux
October 6th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but I'm a little bit wiser now :D !! I won't read such threads anymore!!

Good girl. ;) Smart move. Life here will be sooooo much sweeter if you play by the playground rules. ;)

Aeryn/Vala
October 8th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Good girl. ;) Smart move. Life here will be sooooo much sweeter if you play by the playground rules. ;)

Indeed :D

valaCB
October 14th, 2005, 09:36 AM
[mod snip]
I agree. Vala is sooooooo great and Sam is important to the show.

Watt
September 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nah Sam has definetly reached the end of her time, promote her to full bird and stick her in a room somewhere in Area 51, apparently thats where she's the most happiest anyway.
As for Vala, Ditch the "censored" this whole Daniel Vala thing is making me ill, her hanging off Daniles every word and doing that 15 year old crush thing is pathetic, stick her back to thieving and a odd appearance every now and then. At least then she can have sex with Daniel cause then she's not a member of SGC and get her pipes cleaned out.