• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subspace

Is subspace real or fiction?
    If so what is it? how does it work?
    Get YOUR P90 Here!
    Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

yes subspace is real stargate or any other scifi shows that use it may make alterations to the theory for there needs but it was theorized by many leading physists basically it is the space between universes you could rip into subspace and into another of the infinite number of universes or you could rip into subspace and then back into your own universe in a different place
    My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

How real is subspace? Well do a search on google for "subspace" or "subspace physics" and I think you'll find out how "real" subspace is. Star Trek, The Subspace Project, A Computer game and company names are the primary hits.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

http://www.physicsguy.com/subphys/

http://www.physicsguy.com/subphys/SubspacePhysics.html
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          How real is subspace? Well do a search on google for "subspace" or "subspace physics" and I think you'll find out how "real" subspace is. Star Trek, The Subspace Project, A Computer game and company names are the primary hits.
          umm well subspace is the a kinda of hard thing to prove it takes alot of energy to tear into subspace about the equivelent of the collapse of universe and so all of the work people like hawking have done is what a pipe dream

Comment

I have seen something like sublight drive and subspace terms in many Sci-Fi shows.

Comment

sublight have nothing to do with subspace. Sublight engines just mean that they are used for travel below the speed of light.

Comment

Well I guess I was just saying that they both have "sub" in them. Subspace anyways, does sound perfectly real to me.

Comment

How does it sound real to you? Because it's used in alot of SciFi-shows? Subspace is included in some theories, but afaik most of them don't have subspace in them.

Comment

Well, they have Theoretical Physics, and thats real. I guess I am getting no where on this subject.

Comment

ok science fiction shows did not create subspace it was fundimentally theorized by einstein when he theorized that there were an infinite number oh universe for every possible out come and everypossible moment in time

Comment

subspce is normal used to describe another dimension of which as defined by string theory there are about 11, our 4 unraviled dimensions (3 space dimensions and time as the 4th) and 7 that are kind of bundled together, a lame describtion i know.

when shows like star trek and stargate talk about subscape they normally mean a dimension that has its atoms and energy tightly compacted together with not space inbetween so any transmision or anything traviling in that space will move faster then in ours allows. for example sound travils faster underwater then in air because waters atoms are tighter together.

kind of a loose explination but u get the gist

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen
                          yes subspace is real stargate or any other scifi shows that use it may make alterations to the theory for there needs but it was theorized by many leading physists basically it is the space between universes you could rip into subspace and into another of the infinite number of universes or you could rip into subspace and then back into your own universe in a different place
                          How many leading physicists? What are their names? What theories were they?

umm well subspace is the a kinda of hard thing to prove it takes alot of energy to tear into subspace about the equivelent of the collapse of universe and so all of the work people like hawking have done is what a pipe dream
                          Where did you get that figure for energy? Your grammar is pretty poor and I don't understand the rest of your post. Perhaps English is not your first language, please could you try and explain a bit more?

ok science fiction shows did not create subspace it was fundimentally theorized by einstein when he theorized that there were an infinite number oh universe for every possible out come and everypossible moment in time
                          Saying theorised over and over doesn't make your post any more credible. Einstein did not create the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, and even so, there is no mention of subspace in it.

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                          subspce is normal used to describe another dimension of which as defined by string theory there are about 11, our 4 unraviled dimensions (3 space dimensions and time as the 4th) and 7 that are kind of bundled together, a lame describtion i know.

when shows like star trek and stargate talk about subscape they normally mean a dimension that has its atoms and energy tightly compacted together with not space inbetween so any transmision or anything traviling in that space will move faster then in ours allows. for example sound travils faster underwater then in air because waters atoms are tighter together.
                          Even at that, the laws of physics still apply in other dimensions of our own universe. I should clarify for all the less well versed out there, that "other dimension" doesn't mean some fancy place you can fly a ship or whatever, it's simply another direction you can head in, as opposed to up/down left/right and forward/backward.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

ok lets see is Stephen Hawking enough of a leading physist for you

Comment

Do you have a link to a paper by him on subspace?
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X