This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Beaming through Stargate

I was just wondering whether it is possible to beam through a stargate?
    It would be neat if possible they could open up heaps of new areas, beam past shields and beam large vehicles through the gate. hmm just something I have been thinking about.

Originally posted by AMCDeathKnight
    I was just wondering whether it is possible to beam through a stargate?
    It would be neat if possible they could open up heaps of new areas, beam past shields and beam large vehicles through the gate. hmm just something I have been thinking about.
    I'd say they could transport people/objects through the gate, just send the transport signal through the gate and program it to where you want to materialize
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

i hope the ori use that tactic it would be devistating!

Comment

yeah itd be cool if the priors did that

Comment

well since its possible to send signals trough the stargate, I think you'd have to send a signal to a materializer on the other side.. would be awesome.. it solves any problem the gate gives.

btw think about the hologram projection trough the gate.. so make that certainly possible

Comment

Come to think of it, it should be possible to beam through the iris - after all, the asgard beam can penetrate the SGC. So if the asgard beaming technology fell into the wrong hands, we wouldn't be safe.

Comment

hmm infact anubis had asgard beaming technology before, however remember that the gua'uld are (were) bound to the asgard treaty. y'know it'd be fun to steal ships and other stuff from people without knowing who did it ^^

Comment

Given that a wormhole is a gravitational construct and that to transmit the full info for a person in under a second would require masses of bandwidth and energy and knowing that energy distorts spacetime I'd say that any attempt to transmit via the stargate would pull the wormhole in on itself. You'd have a collapse.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                  Given that a wormhole is a gravitational construct and that to transmit the full info for a person in under a second would require masses of bandwidth and energy and knowing that energy distorts spacetime I'd say that any attempt to transmit via the stargate would pull the wormhole in on itself. You'd have a collapse.
                  The asgard have sent a holographic transmission throught the gate with no side affects,
                  Originally posted by Varrok
                  well since its possible to send signals trough the stargate, I think you'd have to send a signal to a materializer on the other side
                  The asgard have beamed SG1 to places with no materializer, so i think its just a case of the asgard sensors calculating/pin-pointing where to re-materialize the person/object

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                    The asgard have sent a holographic transmission throught the gate with no side affects
                    Which is about as different from sending a person as a marble is from the planet earth.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Which is about as different from sending a person as a marble is from the planet earth.
                      OK its a SHOW not real life.
                      A SHOWWWWWW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                        OK its a SHOW not real life.
                        A SHOWWWWWW!!!
                        Earth to eoin. We know. Problem is, people like you are simply guessing, and worse than that there are hundreds of you all running around the forum like headless chickens all guessing this and that, and even worse than that, you've all got a tendency to mix up what little understanding of real science that you have and use it completely out of context.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Earth to eoin. We know. Problem is, people like you are simply guessing, and worse than that there are hundreds of you all running around the forum like headless chickens all guessing this and that, and even worse than that, you've all got a tendency to mix up what little understanding of real science that you have and use it completely out of context.
                          I think allot of people would take offense to that post, people have the right to their opinions and if they think they know something that is worth posting then they post it, even if it is wrong, why? because they enjoy stargate as much as any of us here and they deserve to be treated with respect. its ok to tell someone their wrong, but to tell someone their headless chickens all guessing its completly wrong.

Comment

You're right, that was a little harsh. It's how reading some threads makes me feel though.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

your talking about a whole rip into subspace not a cable modem i doubt you have to worry about bandwidth
                              My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Working...
                              X