Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else really looking forward to AvP?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else really looking forward to AvP?

I thought Chronicles of Riddick would be movie of the year for me but looking at Alien vs. Predator, I think its gonna crush it. I saw a preview at the movies and was like WOW

Take a look at it AvP Trailer (Requires Quicktime)

I've always been a fan of Alien and Predator movies.

By the way, who do you want to win. The Predators are greatly out numbered but highly skilled. I gotta go with Predator.

As of right now the vote count on the official site is...

Aliens.............. 728,840 votes
    Predators......... 712,687 votes

Comment

Heh, we talked about the movie briefly in the Halloween thread. I don't think it'll be to good, but I'm a fan of the Alien movies so hopefully they'll win.

Comment

well i thought Riddick would be the best movie!!! And i dunno what to think with AvP. Gotta see it first , then I will decide wheather Riddick is the second. I think i'm just gonna put them on the same spot...
        But doesn't AvP kinda looks like Stargate? The Pyramid? In Antartic?

Comment

I got that feeling too I hope it won't be like Freddy vs Jason, where at the end, one dies, but doesn't die really...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Am I the only one which thinks that riddick blowed?

Comment

I liked it, but the ending just hurt my feelings... Haha...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I am. I was going to wait for the DVD...but now that I've read the synopsis on the AVP movie site; I will likely head to the theatre.

"...The discovery of an ancient pyramid buried in Antarctica sends a team of scientists and adventurers to the frozen continent. There, they make an even more terrifying discovery: Two alien races engaged in the ultimate battle..."

While the term "adventurers" and use of "ultimate battle" makes me want to hurl...I love, as do we all here <I would think>, the whole ancient races or ancient tech before established history - type thing.

I can see the Alien (Aliens) creatures hanging out down there in their egg larval form for x thousand of years...I HOPE the Predator guys arrive via a gate or transport or something. I just can't buy into those guys hibernating down there all that time. I cant imagine why they would be in suspended animation of sorts, buried all that time. Ice caps are a gradual thing.

I am pro-Predator, as they are more calculated and are less running on instinct as the Aliens seem to be, (eat, breed, eat, breed, etc).

Whole movie looks very J Gieger-y or Lovecraft-like
                Last edited by Hohenzollern; 08 August 2004, 05:59 PM.
                "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

I hope the Predators win. They're much coloer. The Aliens are just...really ugly...

One of the things I think will be absolutely absurd, is the possibility of humans actually winning. It's impossible.

Comment

Humans will win, I'll bet...we'r just sooooo good.

Comment

They'll only win because that would mean all of man kind would be wiped off the face of the Earth. Man kind...wiped out... Isn't that a lovely thought?

Comment

Alien vs. Predator Spoilers ahead.

If you look at the behind the scenes movies on the site you see there is like 3-5 Predators and thousands of Aliens. I think its something like every thousand or so years 5 "teenage-like" Predators come to Earth to prove they are men by surviving so many day with the Aliens. The humans just happen to show up at this time (wrong place wrong time sort of thing) and the Predators use the humans as bate. Sounds cool.

BTW.....I always thought of Predators being at war with us in the Stargate universe. I love the way they look. The closest thing we got is an Unas.

Comment

yeah i lvoe how that Pyramid in Antarcti....reminds me of Stargate

SPOILERS

the humans are there , imho, to produce more Aliens...

Comment

I'm really looking forward to AVP. I love the Alien Movies and the Predator movies. I'm just hoping the movie is as good as the Trailers make it out to be.

Comment

Recent developments has made me totally go off this film.

Apparently the film isn't done. They had to cancel it's premiere in LA recently because of this. The film has shed some 24 minutes of its run time and is now down to a Disney like length of 89 minutes. They still don't know if it is going to be ready for this Friday, but if it is, (and I'm pretty sure they will do anything to make it so) I doubt if it looks anything like what the people associated with the film intended it to look like.

Comment

Working...
                              X