This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phase shifting?

do any races posses such technology and what do they use it for cause that would be a great weapon fire nuke phase out pass sheild phase in or phase out a mine field and have them set to phase in when the enemy gets near
    My Blog - - Raise The Fist

You mean like this http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/t...ationrod.shtml
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Doubt it even exists. Just while we're on the subject, are there any guidelines for what should be discussed in here? There's a lot of dicussion of complete technobabble technology such as "Phase Shifting", Hyperspace and Subspace. I wondered if there was an official line one whether such things constitute science and tech or fan fiction.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

As stargate is fiction - fictional science and tech can be discussed aswell
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Yes, some Goa'uld do, the Re'tu, the Tok'ra, and possibly the Tollan, however we have had know evidence that it is actually phase shifting technology which the Tollan use to walk through walls. Presumably the Asgard and Ancients, and possibly the Nox are capable of it as well.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
            Doubt it even exists. Just while we're on the subject, are there any guidelines for what should be discussed in here? There's a lot of dicussion of complete technobabble technology such as "Phase Shifting", Hyperspace and Subspace. I wondered if there was an official line one whether such things constitute science and tech or fan fiction.
            Pretty much anything technological goes here. Doesn't matter if it's NASAs latest stuff or inverting the polarity of the tachyons to maintain a stable subspace transmission(Or whatever the babble is)

Comment

Well, technically, it is only supposed to be science technology relating Stargate in this section.

Owen Macri

Comment

didnt carter do some thing similar to this in grace when she used the hyperspace generator to make a bubble round the ship to take it out of normal space to flee the nebular
                "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

cool thx i was just wondering cuase that would be insane to have a on nukes *bang no more hive ship*

Comment

yeah thats how the tollan do it and the tollan were making phase shifting bombs cause the gould threatend there planet but sg-1 stoped them and thats how the tollan were wiped out

Comment

Phase shifting is such a delicate subject, Also, do the ree'tou do it naturally, or do they have some kind of technology?
                      Same with those nasty-ass blasters they carry around to blow everything to hell.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

they do it naturaly they cant help it

Comment

but they are only partiallly phased out to get a bomb through a shield it would neeed to be fully phased out

Comment

no the tollan bombs were totaly afective and the gould wanted the tollan to send a bomb to the sgc and thats when sg-1 stop them and then the gould whiped out the tollan

Comment

Originally posted by gallywag
                              didnt carter do some thing similar to this in grace when she used the hyperspace generator to make a bubble round the ship to take it out of normal space to flee the nebular
                              Yes, she did. The sublight engines wouldn't function in the nebula, and she couldn't jump to hyperspace, so she created a hyperspace bubble around the ship so the nebula wasn't interfering with the sublight engines.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X