This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Questions about Tech

I haven't seen much of the Ancient's tech nor do I know much about it. Does anyone have any info on some other stuff the Ancient's had?

I do know that their primary material used was Naquadah. When they built the gates, did they already master intergallactic travel? Because, if they were still planet-locked, then making a gate system would be idiotic.

The chances of having a human-looking creature that evolved on different planets is highly unlikly, than why do the Nox look like us?

Did the Ancient's only use ZPMs for their power source?

If they had that weapon that could specifically attack a thing, then why didn't they use it on that plague they had and if they were so advanced, how did a biological attack hurt them?

Why does Earth not have anymore Naquadah? Did Ra take it all?

One more thing. Maybe the Ancient's came from Andromeda? It would make sense right? The sister galaxy to this one.

EDIT: It seems two topics with different names were made. Sorry, that was an accident on my part.
    Last edited by Myst_Lore; 15 August 2005, 02:24 AM.

Originally posted by Myst_Lore
    The chances of having a human-looking creature that evolved on different planets is highly unlikly, than why do the Nox look like us?
    Perhaps all humun looking races have a common ancestor, they begun as colonies that over time took their own path.

Did the Ancient's only use ZPMs for their power source? Why does Earth not have anymore Naquadah? Did Ra take it all?
    I read somewhere that the reason Earth is depleted is that the Ancients while here, used up all the Naquadah in this system.

If they had that weapon that could specifically attack a thing, then why didn't they use it on that plague they had and if they were so advanced, how did a biological attack hurt them?
    Why don't their shuttles have shields considering they were at war, why has the Earth reversed engineered propulsion tech but not weapon tech, why has the new Daedalus class no large railguns for capital ship use, every missile they have fired in the past has been shot down so why the persistence on this tech only, why....

In other words, no idea. The Disruptor seemed to work on a percise target, like the replicators, it targeted one pacific area,the virus is constantly changing its make up, mutating in a way that couldn't be predicted. But then why not target something that is common to them all, say the DNA chemicals

Comment

I replied on the other exact same thread which a moderator closed down ,just my luck. Though youre answers are very similar to mine.
      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
      Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
      - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
      - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

One more thing. Maybe the Ancient's came from Andromeda? It would make sense right? The sister galaxy to this one.
        I like to think they came from Earth. It makes us seem more important.

Owen Macri

Comment

We as humans are important overall because we are devolved Ancients, in a way.

But how come there isn't any Ancient tech on Earth for the humans to use? I mean, if the Ancients did use Earth has their main place for stay, why not make it their central hub and pimp our planet with the best of the best stuff? And, did the Ancient's use any other material other than Naquadah? From what I've heard and read, Naquadah isn't that strong, or isn't that strong compared to Trinium or Titanium?

One more not-so-serious question.

If the Ancients had ZPMs, Stargates, and Time-Changing machines, how do you explain 99 cent stores?

Comment

didnt the ancients come her from a differnt galixe

Comment

in the movie they say that NAqaudah is stronger than anything on earth, but trinium is muuuuuch stronger than naquadah. I'd say about 40-50 times as strong, if it's 100 times as strong as earths strongest metal.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

But how come there isn't any Ancient tech on Earth for the humans to use? I mean, if the Ancients did use Earth has their main place for stay, why not make it their central hub and pimp our planet with the best of the best stuff?
                If the ancients had left lots of advanced tech on earth after they ascended/died, Ra would have found it when he was inhabiting earth, which would have made or job much harder when we wanted to kill him. and besides look what happened when anubis got ancient tech, he was the most powerfull system lord, and we wouldnt have been able to defeat him without the ancient outpost on earth.
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I think they DID leave things behind on earth, but things hidden enough like the Antarctic outpost, so that not everyone could access it easily. They could be like the Tollan in the way that they dont think everyone should be given high level tech. Maybe the races had to prove they were good enough to get it, in fear that otherwise they would misuse such power.

Comment

i thoght that NAQUADAH is stronger

Comment

I always wondered where naquadah and trinium fitted in the periodic table of elements.

Comment

We as humans are important overall because we are devolved Ancients, in a way.
                        No, not really.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

we are more important

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                            we are more important
                            We are not devolved Ancients in any sense.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I do know that their primary material used was Naquadah. When they built the gates, did they already master intergallactic travel? Because, if they were still planet-locked, then making a gate system would be idiotic.
                              Obviously they would have to be -- how do you think the gates ended up on different planets to begin with? The main thing is that stargates are instanteous, and use lower power consumption within galaxies.

THe same chance that they would speak English. Not much, but it's a TV series.

Did the Ancient's only use ZPMs for their power source?
                              No. We've seen ancient technologies like portable shield generators, which would obviously have to use something else.

It only breaks down certain types of matter, like kiron pathways. Not necessarily complex biologically specific material.

Comment

Working...
                              X