PDA

View Full Version : Vala Mal Doran/Sam Carter Friendship & Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Pages : [1] 2 3

GATEGOD
August 14th, 2005, 10:06 PM
well So far we havent seen them together but what do ya think will happen if and when they meet? :D :?:

Lida
August 15th, 2005, 06:50 AM
well So far we havent seen them together but what do ya think will happen if and when they meet? :D :?:

Guess we'll find out this Friday. :D

Personally, I think Sam, having so much class, will welcome Vala as an equal.

TracysTrails
August 15th, 2005, 07:27 AM

I think Vala will have the same reaction she has to Daniel a lot of the time, that, "You're all serious and BORING, you need to LIGHTEN UP," reaction. Sam will probably just roll her eyes a lot at Vala and move on. Which is kind of a shame. What I'd LIKE to see is Sam finding in Vala someone she can talk to about having been a host, what it's like to be left with those memories and abilities, etc. Although Sam was host to a Tok'ra, I still think the two characters could find a common ground there.

Seshat
August 15th, 2005, 07:29 AM
You mean the Sam and the Anti-Sam in the same room together? Probably nuclear implosion.

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 07:31 AM
You mean the Sam and the Anti-Sam in the same room together? Probably nuclear implosion.When matter and antimatter collide they annihilate each other :)

ValaMalduran
August 15th, 2005, 07:49 AM
well So far we havent seen them together but what do ya think will happen if and when they meet? :?:

I'd love to see the two of them together. They may have completely different personalities but they're both smart and witty. I imagine Vala would try to annoy her just like anyone else. That's her way to determine what's a person like, how they react. But just like Daniel, Sam is quick thinking enough to answer.
If the writers want to they could give us wonderful sparring.

A.

UhSir
August 15th, 2005, 08:04 AM
First, I hope they do have scenes together. It is possible they won't.
Second, if they do, I expect Sam will remain silent about any, if any, "objectionable" behavior from Vala.
Third, I expect, okay hope, Vala will behave entirely different with Sam.

SierraGulf1
August 15th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I was at the Seacaucus convention last week, and when someone asked if Sam and Vala ever meet, Michael Shanks gave a funny look and said "Wait for episode 6." Looks like there will be some interaction, too bad Jack never got to meet her.

Lida
August 15th, 2005, 08:13 AM
When matter and antimatter collide they annihilate each other :)

Sorry, but I fail to see the connection. :D ;)

As I stated earlier, Sam is a class act, and as Vala has shown herself to have true feelings, and compassion for others, I see no problem with them meeting and interacting.

But, as always, it's just my opinion. :)

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I see no problem with them meeting and interacting.We will find out soon :)

Kalliope
August 15th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Sorry, but I fail to see the connection. :D ;)

As I stated earlier, Sam is a class act, and as Vala has shown herself to have true feelings, and compassion for others, I see no problem with them meeting and interacting.

But, as always, it's just my opinion. :)

Not only yours :) I hope for some "jirl power" in the future, but I'm not sure it's gonna happen in "Beachhead".

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 09:08 AM
"jirl power" What exactly is that?

Seshat
August 15th, 2005, 10:22 AM
When matter and antimatter collide they annihilate each other :)
Thank you, qasimjavid! That was exactly the joke I was going for. Apparently not everyone got it, though, as I actually got red-repped for my earlier post. :rolleyes::D:D:D

ETA: When I asked the poster who dinged me exactly WHAT they didn't like about my post, they were nice enough to explain that they just didn't understand that I was making a joke. All is forgiven! :) And now I finally have one >shiny red ding< to my credit...I'm just surprised it took me all of 10 months to get my first one! You'd think I would have po'd more people than that by now! ;)

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Thank you, qasimjavid! That was exactly the joke I was going for. Apparently not everyone got it, though, as I actually got red-repped for my earlier post. :rolleyes::D:D:DI have given you green to compensate - by looking at who has posted in this thread I am 99.9% sure I know who it was and that person also knows and that person also knows that s/he is a troublemaker and doesnt deserve respect from anyone else here :)

KatG
August 15th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Thank you, qasimjavid! That was exactly the joke I was going for. Apparently not everyone got it, though, as I actually got red-repped for my earlier post. :rolleyes::D:D:D

I thought it was pretty funny myself. :D

Lida
August 15th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Sorry, guess I didn't get the joke, hmmm, still don't. But I can't believe anyone would red ding you for something like that. :(

Have some green to make up for those who either are just plain mean, those who are just plain ignorant or just because. :D ;)

Seshat
August 15th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Sorry, guess I didn't get the joke, hmmm, still don't. But I can't believe anyone would red ding you for something like that. :(

Have some green to make up for those who either are just plain mean, those who are just plain ignorant or just because. :D ;)
That's okay! I think the problem was that I forget that not everyone reads or posts in the same threads I do. In one of the S9 ep I had commented that I thought the character of Vala was being written as the "anti-Sam", as in the opposite of Sam in behavior and dialogue. It was not meant to be offensive, just a comment on how I thought the character was being written as differently as possible from Sam in order to differentiate the two women on the show and provide contrast for the characters. Obviously the person who dinged me did not understand what I meant. :confused:

But Quasim got what I meant with the anti-matter remark - matter and anti-matter colliding in old Star Trek eps always meant an explosion. I was referencing that old cliche. :p A little vaguely maybe...;)

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 10:47 AM
QuasimAfter all this time you havent noticed that theres no 'U' ROFLMAO :)

Lida
August 15th, 2005, 10:53 AM
That's okay! I think the problem was that I forget that not everyone reads or posts in the same threads I do. In one of the S9 ep I had commented that I thought the character of Vala was being written as the "anti-Sam", as in the opposite of Sam in behavior and dialogue. It was not meant to be offensive, just a comment on how I thought the character was being written as differently as possible from Sam in order to differentiate the two women on the show and provide contrast for the characters. Obviously the person who dinged me did not understand what I meant. :confused:

But Quasim got what I meant with the anti-matter remark - matter and anti-matter colliding in old Star Trek eps always meant an explosion. I was referencing that old cliche. :p A little vaguely maybe...;)

Thanks for the explanation....I understood the Star Trek cliche, but I didn't realize you had ever referred to Vala as "Anti-Sam". Got it, finally.......my brain is beginning to resemble swiss cheese, more and more. Sad, very, sad..... :o

Seshat
August 15th, 2005, 10:59 AM
After all this time you havent noticed that theres no 'U' ROFLMAO :)
It seems that I am unconciously determined to make you change it...sorry!! :o

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 11:21 AM
It seems that I am unconciously determined to make you change it...sorry!! :oNo probelm - maybe the Anti-Qasim is called Quasim

jckfan55
August 15th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I think it would be great if Sam and Vala got along well. It would probably really irritate Daniel, which could be funny.

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I think Vala will have the same reaction she has to Daniel a lot of the time, that, "You're all serious and BORING, you need to LIGHTEN UP," reaction. Sam will probably just roll her eyes a lot at Vala and move on. Which is kind of a shame. What I'd LIKE to see is Sam finding in Vala someone she can talk to about having been a host, what it's like to be left with those memories and abilities, etc. Although Sam was host to a Tok'ra, I still think the two characters could find a common ground there.
exactly what i think :) (this's from Farscape also, mini-series ;) )

"jirl power"
What exactly is that?

Jirl Power is Girls Power - its from Farscape.

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM
exactly what i think :) (this's from Farscape also, mini-series ;) )
Jirl Power is Girls Power - its from Farscape.Considering this is a STARGATE forum an explanation in the first place would be nice

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Considering this is a STARGATE forum an explanation in the first place would be nice
Maybe she forgot or something... :S

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Your right she does seem to think this is a CB appreciation forum :)

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM
:)

Osiris-RA
August 15th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Uh...Sam/Vala? Wtf, Sam's not even back yet...

Well, I predict with my crystal ball (if it's working) that Sam will aim her foot just right to send poor Vala flying away from Danny Boy. :p *cough* humour *cough*

Well, they'll probably be great five seconds friends or whatever. :rolleyes:

Kalliope
August 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Uh...Sam/Vala? Wtf, Sam's not even back yet...

Well, I predict with my crystal ball (if it's working) that Sam will aim her foot just right to send poor Vala flying away from Danny Boy. :p *cough* humour *cough*

Well, they'll probably be great five seconds friends or whatever. :rolleyes:

And that was supposed to be funny? :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rogue
August 15th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Considering this is a STARGATE forum an explanation in the first place would be nice

Maybe she forgot or something... :S

Don't think she forgot, she just thinks the stargate universe revolves around Vala. Be glad when Sam is back and we can be back to the team.

As far as Sam and Vala, really don't see much interaction. They will probably find some way to chain Daniel and Vala together again.

Qasim
August 15th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Don't think she forgot, she just thinks the stargate universe revolves around Vala.She thinks the real universe revolves around her views

Osiris-RA
August 15th, 2005, 02:42 PM
And that was supposed to be funny? :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yeah! Get it?? Hahahahahahahahahahaha!! Ah, I kill myself. :p

grrr, no one gets myt humour. :mad:

Kalliope
August 15th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Don't think she forgot, she just thinks the stargate universe revolves around Vala.

Reading episodes reviews at Cinescape or somewhere else I can see that I'm not alone :D which makes me happy actually. I'm quite sure TPTB read them too and know what to do with them in the future :p

KatG
August 15th, 2005, 02:45 PM
She thinks the real universe revolves around her views

You mean it doesn't? Cool.

Rogue
August 15th, 2005, 02:45 PM
She thinks the real universe revolves around her views

Yes indeed!

tsaxlady
August 15th, 2005, 02:46 PM

I got it! :D

And Seshat and qasimjavid's as well! :D :p :D

Love the humor in all three posts :cool:

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 02:47 PM

LOL. you'r sweet :)

AGateFan
August 15th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Because I’m a pessimist I am pretty much thinking any interaction they have will be made to try to make Sam look bad at the expense of Valas humor or to make Vala look good... Just like they did with Daniel in Avalon I. Hope I'm wrong (luckily I was wrong that tptb would have Sam quit the AF so it does happen) depends on who's writing\directing I guess.

But that’s fine, Sams is a great character, an adult who will take the shot and move on and continue to do her job as professionally as possible just like she has been doing for the last 9 years. Sam will be content with the knowledge that individuals come and go but Team last forever. IMHO

KatG
August 15th, 2005, 03:07 PM

*waves hand in air*

I got it. :D

KatG
August 15th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Reading episodes reviews at Cinescape or somewhere else I can see that I'm not alone :D which makes me happy actually. I'm quite sure TPTB read them too and know what to do with them in the future :p

Ah yes. And as everyone knows Cinescape and the trade magazines are purveyors of the truth in every matter. :rolleyes:

Osiris-RA
August 15th, 2005, 03:29 PM
LoL!

I think the best place to get a good view on a tv shows is from the fans themselves in places like this where the opinion isn't always biased towards the way one wants it. ;)

KatG
August 15th, 2005, 03:46 PM
LoL!

I think the best place to get a good view on a tv shows is from the fans themselves in places like this where the opinion isn't always biased towards the way one wants it. ;)

Ya think? What a novel idea. ;)

tsaxlady
August 15th, 2005, 04:18 PM
LoL!

:eek: You mean fans that have watched more than just the last 5 episodes. Fans that have like seen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or maybe 8 years worth of episodes. Wow I thought a reviewer, who has admited that they started watching in season 9, would be a better source.

Okay I'll work on controling my sarcasm now. :o :p

GATEGOD
August 15th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I've seen all episodes as is so far and Amanda is needed for the story to flourish Yea VALA brings a few stories that maybe some will be ok, but with SAM it gets back to being great like how it was in seasons 4 and 5 and out of being the {[bad season}] of Last years season 8.

TracysTrails
August 15th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I think it would be great if Sam and Vala got along well. It would probably really irritate Daniel, which could be funny.

And an Irritated Daniel is a GOOD Daniel! He does the whole irritated thing better than just about anyone.

chocdoc
August 15th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I am really looking forward to the interaction between Sam and Vala too. I just don't want to expect much though because I don't know if there will be any meaningful interaction between them. The writers seem to have Vala mainly interact with Daniel (although there was a little interaction between Mitchell and Vala that I really liked in the last episode.)

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, and there is some really good interaction between them. Maybe Sam will be the protective sister for Daniel and worry about how Daniel deals with Vala leaving. Vala changed somewhat in the last episode in that she is a more sympathetic character, so I can't tell how she will interact with Sam. I hope Vala retains some of her sassiness (?), though, when she meets Sam. I'd like her to try to get a rise out of Sam!

majorsal
August 15th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I was at the Seacaucus convention last week, and when someone asked if Sam and Vala ever meet, Michael Shanks gave a funny look and said "Wait for episode 6." Looks like there will be some interaction, too bad Jack never got to meet her.

what do you mean by a 'funny look'? was he smiling, glaring, frowning, vomiting?... :p but seriously, i'm curious.

sally :)

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 08:30 PM
LoL!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 sure, yeah ;)

valaCB
August 15th, 2005, 08:32 PM
:eek: You mean fans that have watched more than just the last 5 episodes. Fans that have like seen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or maybe 8 years worth of episodes. Wow I thought a reviewer, who has admited that they started watching in season 9, would be a better source.

HEY!!! I saw all 8 seasons!

Osiris-RA
August 15th, 2005, 08:50 PM

whoops, yeah, that's what I meant - you gotta go from way back. Still, new fan opinions are good too ... some...most...ok, I'm going stop putting feet in my mouth, feet taste bad. Bleeeh.. :p

:D

Lida
August 16th, 2005, 09:02 AM
whoops, yeah, that's what I meant - you gotta go from way back. Still, new fan opinions are good too ... some...most...ok, I'm going stop putting feet in my mouth, feet taste bad. Bleeeh.. :p

Yes, you do. (hands Osiris-Ra a zipper and crazy glue). Maybe that will help.

And I've watched Stargate, since the 1994 movie and COTG, debuting on Showtime, in 1996. Have seen EVERY episode, at least three times, most, many times more, and I still value EVERYONE'S opinion. That's what this forum is for...to air views and opinions. Right? :)

And if the show didn't get new viewers every year, I doubt it would still be on the air, so I welcome the new viewers and their opinions. Glad you do also. ;) I even welcome opinions from sarcastic, jaded people. :rolleyes:

valaCB
August 16th, 2005, 09:27 AM

And I've watched Stargate, since the 1994 movie and COTG, debuting on Showtime, in 1996. Have seen EVERY episode, at least three times, most, many times more, and I still value EVERYONE'S opinion. That's what this forum is for...to air views and opinions. Right? :)

And if the show didn't get new viewers every year, I doubt it would still be on the air, so I welcome the new viewers and their opinions. Glad you do also. ;) I even welcome opinions from sarcastic, jaded people. :rolleyes:
I cant express myself well in english, so thank you for writing what im felling about Osiris-RA's post :)

KatG
August 16th, 2005, 10:01 AM

I value new viewers too. Heck I've even converted at least 3. I even value their opinion. What I don't value is the opinion being stated as if it's the only right one and that everyone else's who's been watching all along is of no account. I also don't appreciate people who red rep people for having an opinion other than S9 is super.

Not talking about you Lida. You've been nice and balanced along the way. :) Just a general statement of something I see happening more than normal.

BodenMaddox
August 16th, 2005, 10:48 AM
FYI, just because some of us have started posting lately doesn't mean we didn't watch from the start (I saw episode #1 on Showtime when it first aired, and I've seen every episode first-run since then), or even that we didn't lurk here for some time before we started posting (probably from S6 or so in my case).

As to the topic of the thread, I suspect Carter will be Carter. I think the majority of the interaction will be between she and Mitchell, who are apparently old friends. I doubt we'll see much, if any, Carter/Vala interaction anyway.

Tok'Ra Hostess
August 16th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Speaking of Sam and Vala, where are the photos for Beachead? It's on in two days and so far I've seen just one. I don't read spoilers but I do allow myself this one indulgence of looking at the pre-episodic photos.

Qasim
August 16th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Speaking of Sam and Vala, where are the photos for Beachead? See here http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php?seite=episodenguide&aktion=showfolge&ID=180

The writing is in german so you wont be able to read the spoilers (unless you can understand german)

ValaMalduran
August 16th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Sarcasm is my second name, but I've learned to tone it down a bit in posts. You know, it doesn't translate that well without facial expressions and vocal intonation. ;)

I think the best place to get a good view on a tv shows is from the fans themselves in places like this where the opinion isn't always biased towards the way one wants it.

Mwu-ha-ha-ha.

You mean fans that have watched more than just the last 5 episodes. Fans that have like seen 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or maybe 8 years worth of episodes. Wow I thought a reviewer, who has admited that they started watching in season 9, would be a better source.

Well, I've seen the movie and all seasons and have most of the DVD season boxes. So I reclaim the right to mutter and moan as much as I want. ;)

Question: What's red-rep ?

But back on topic.
Two great characters. Two terrific actresses. It all really depends on the writers to give them good material.

A.

Osiris-RA
August 16th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I value new viewers too. Heck I've even converted at least 3. I even value their opinion. What I don't value is the opinion being stated as if it's the only right one and that everyone else's who's been watching all along is of no account. I also don't appreciate people who red rep people for having an opinion other than S9 is super.

Alright, it's morning amd my head is clearer now. :p

What I mean about liking viewers opinions better than some of the critics or 'zines or whatever is that it's an honest opinion from people who watch the show on a regular basis, who USUALLY know the show and actually LIKE the show for what it is. Then you get the new opinions from other people who have just started watching - and even if those opinions may seem jaded or jacked up or totally utterly wrong to a veteran of the show, it's still an opinion.

Now, there's two groups, you have the people who are guninely interested in the show, then you have people who have just started watching because an actor from another they liked better is on it. :rolleyes: Now, I'm not saying those opinions dont' count either, but they're probably biased towards the way they want it, right? So you come to a forum like this where there's a huge plethora of opinions which are not always biased towards the way one wants it - as certain zines and critics can be. If you really dont' care about the show, you'd take those negative zines as the gospel truth, or the neg opinions you see here, but then you'd also be faced with an oposite opinion..which then leads to arguments...which gets ugly...which is even more exciting than a boring old magazine. :p Even if the person giving the opinion thinks his/her opinion is gospel truth, so what? It's a opinion. It's not very trustworthy since they probably know jack about the show, but hey, let 'em talk. It's entertaining. :D

Back on topic, I jus hope that the writers won't deliberatly try to deaden Sam's character just so that Vala might have some chance of seeming....equal...I'm not anti-vala, ok people? I'm just saying Sam's been on the show longer so it would seem a tad redundant to make her character smaller to poof Vala's up. I have a feeling what with certain spoilers I've heard, that's what they're going for. Not that Vala shouldn't have her moment in the sun (and I hope they don't kill her off 'cause that'd just be tacky, IMO) I'M JUST SAYING. ;)

*ducks hail of tomatoes and bottles of super glue*

KatG
August 16th, 2005, 11:38 AM
FYI, just because some of us have started posting lately doesn't mean we didn't watch from the start (I saw episode #1 on Showtime when it first aired, and I've seen every episode first-run since then), or even that we didn't lurk here for some time before we started posting (probably from S6 or so in my case).

I don't believe I mentioned people who have just recently started posting. I was talking about new viewers who joined in at the beginning of S9 to follow specific actors. Not that their opinions don't count. They do. They just don't count any more than mine or anyone else's do.

As for you, welcome to the board. Glad you decided to de-lurk. :)

KatG
August 16th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Well, I've seen the movie and all seasons and have most of the DVD season boxes. So I reclaim the right to mutter and moan as much as I want. ;)

Mutter and moan away. As a seasoned viewer you've earned the right. :)

Question: What's red-rep ?

Red rep is red reputation points. They're negative as opposed to the pretty green ones which are positive. Some people give them out sparingly, when somone is rude, breaks the rules or intentionally causes trouble. Others (only a few thankfully) seem to hand them out regularly to anyone who doesn't agree with them. I've also seen people give them out to people, just because they don't like them. :rolleyes: The fact that you don't know what they are probably means that you haven't received any yet nor given any out. Which is great. :)

But back on topic. Two great characters. Two terrific actresses. It all really depends on the writers to give them good material.

A.

Well I can agree on the two great actresses part. Still not sure about Vala's character, but I will say I like her better than I did at the start.

ValaMalduran
August 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Back on topic, I jus hope that the writers won't deliberatly try to deaden Sam's character just so that Vala might have some chance of seeming....equal...I'm not anti-vala, ok people? I'm just saying Sam's been on the show longer so it would seem a tad redundant to make her character smaller to poof Vala's up. I have a feeling what with certain spoilers I've heard, that's what they're going for. Not that Vala shouldn't have her moment in the sun (and I hope they don't kill her off 'cause that'd just be tacky, IMO) I'M JUST SAYING

I definitely don't want that either. As much as I like Vala, Sam's too great a character to use for cheap laughs.

A.

Kalliope
August 16th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Speaking of Sam and Vala, where are the photos for Beachead? It's on in two days and so far I've seen just one. I don't read spoilers but I do allow myself this one indulgence of looking at the pre-episodic photos.

You can find some HERE (http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php?seite=episodenguide&aktion=showfolge&ID=180)

Qasim
August 16th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I have already posted that link

Tok'Ra Hostess
August 16th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the link to the photos, folks. :)

Hummm.... they certainly don't give much away about the topic at hand, do they. :/

Qasim
August 16th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Not in the slightest but you can translate the spoilers if you go to www.google.com/translate

Osiris-RA
August 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
hmmm, teensey piccies..

Qasim
August 16th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yeah they usually have bigger ones :)

Lida
August 16th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Alright, it's morning amd my head is clearer now. :p

What I mean about liking viewers opinions better than some of the critics or 'zines or whatever is that it's an honest opinion from people who watch the show on a regular basis, who USUALLY know the show and actually LIKE the show for what it is. Then you get the new opinions from other people who have just started watching - and even if those opinions may seem jaded or jacked up or totally utterly wrong to a veteran of the show, it's still an opinion.

Now, there's two groups, you have the people who are guninely interested in the show, then you have people who have just started watching because an actor from another they liked better is on it. :rolleyes: Now, I'm not saying those opinions dont' count either, but they're probably biased towards the way they want it, right? So you come to a forum like this where there's a huge plethora of opinions which are not always biased towards the way one wants it - as certain zines and critics can be. If you really dont' care about the show, you'd take those negative zines as the gospel truth, or the neg opinions you see here, but then you'd also be faced with an oposite opinion..which then leads to arguments...which gets ugly...which is even more exciting than a boring old magazine. :p Even if the person giving the opinion thinks his/her opinion is gospel truth, so what? It's a opinion. It's not very trustworthy since they probably know jack about the show, but hey, let 'em talk. It's entertaining. :D

Back on topic, I jus hope that the writers won't deliberatly try to deaden Sam's character just so that Vala might have some chance of seeming....equal...I'm not anti-vala, ok people? I'm just saying Sam's been on the show longer so it would seem a tad redundant to make her character smaller to poof Vala's up. I have a feeling what with certain spoilers I've heard, that's what they're going for. Not that Vala shouldn't have her moment in the sun (and I hope they don't kill her off 'cause that'd just be tacky, IMO) I'M JUST SAYING. ;)

*ducks hail of tomatoes and bottles of super glue*

Well written Osiris-Ra and I have to agree. I would hope the writers have the sense to be able to write for two strong women in one scene......speaking of which, does Sam actually have any scenes with Vala? I truly hope so, because SG-1 has been a "boy's club" way too long. ;)

As for super glue......I ran out this AM, you got my last bottle. :D

chocdoc
August 16th, 2005, 05:43 PM
See here http://www.stargate-project.de/stargate/index.php?seite=episodenguide&aktion=showfolge&ID=180

The writing is in german so you wont be able to read the spoilers (unless you can understand german)

thanks for posting this, qasimjavid.

I think these are caps from the preview for Beachhead that was aired last Friday. I am wondering if anyone, including GW, will get any other spoiler pics that are not from the preview.

Guess will see---only a few more days until Beachhead!

Qasim
August 17th, 2005, 02:38 AM
As theres only a few days left I doubt we will see any more pics

valaCB
August 17th, 2005, 02:46 AM
This post is about Vala. Nokwalish write it so well. If you want to know who Vala is read it.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4433330&postcount=712

im looking forward for Carter/Vala scene(s) this week. hope they will be! GIRLS POWER!!! cool!

Tok'Ra Hostess
August 17th, 2005, 05:03 AM
This post is about Vala. Nokwalish write it so well. If you want to know who Vala is read it.

It is a very nice post, filled with the sort of analysis a fic writer gives a character in order to write her. Unfortunately, at the end of most of the Vala eps we are simply left to "wonder" and a not to know much of anything about her.

I'd love to see some of the poster's thoughts take actual form in Beachead. Here's hoping! :)

KatG
August 17th, 2005, 06:35 AM

im looking forward for Carter/Vala scene(s) this week. hope they will be! GIRLS POWER!!! cool!

Interesting. So basically Vala has ADHD.

And no, I'm not making fun of people with ADHD. I live with someone who has it. And thinking about it, she does exhibit many of the traits.

Lida
August 17th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Interesting. So basically Vala has ADHD.

And no, I'm not making fun of people with ADHD. I live with someone who has it. And thinking about it, she does exhibit many of the traits.

Sorry, but I don't think Vala has ADHD, although she does have some of the traits, she doesn't fit all the criteria. I won't go into it, nor will I try and diagnose a fictional charater. Suffice it to say, Vala is a much more complex, intelligent woman, than originally given credit for and a woman who has a lot of emotional "baggage" she is dealing with, in whatever way she can. Not unlike so many people in RL.

I truly hope the writers finally give us scenes of Vala with Sam. They have not written enough "strong" women parts, period and hardly ever have two strong women in a single scene. As I've been saying, it's still a boy's club, both SG-1 and SGA. It's time to enter the 21st century "guys"....... ;)

Kalliope
August 17th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Sorry, but I don't think Vala has ADHD, although she does have some of the traits, she doesn't fit all the criteria. I won't go into it, nor will I try and diagnose a fictional charater. Suffice it to say, Vala is a much more complex, intelligent woman, than originally given credit for and a woman who has a lot of emotional "baggage" she is dealing with, in whatever way she can. Not unlike so many people in RL.

I truly hope the writers finally give us scenes of Vala with Sam. They have not written enough "strong" women parts, period and hardly ever have two strong women in a single scene. As I've been saying, it's still a boy's club, both SG-1 and SGA. It's time to enter the 21st century "guys"....... ;)

Bingo! :)

ValaMalduran
August 17th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Mutter and moan away. As a seasoned viewer you've earned the right. :)

Red rep is red reputation points. They're negative as opposed to the pretty green ones which are positive. Some people give them out sparingly, when somone is rude, breaks the rules or intentionally causes trouble. Others (only a few thankfully) seem to hand them out regularly to anyone who doesn't agree with them. I've also seen people give them out to people, just because they don't like them. :rolleyes: The fact that you don't know what they are probably means that you haven't received any yet nor given any out. Which is great. :)

Thanks very much for the explanation. :)

A.

valaCB
August 17th, 2005, 11:27 AM

I really want to know why do you think this's not the case of ADHD. lot's of symptoms clearly there :)

ValaMalduran
August 17th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I really want to know why do you think this's not the case of ADHD. lot's of symptoms clearly there

One of the main diagnostic criterias for ADHD is that the behaviour is independent of situation and persons present. The symptoms have to be there 24/7 even if their intensity can vary. Vala can be very calm and focused if she wants or has to. And sometimes there are glimpses that her behaviour is just put upon. Other times she simply is bored and a pain in the a**. She just doesn't suffer fools gladly. :D

A.

valaCB
August 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Vala can be very calm and focused if she wants or has to. And sometimes there are glimpses that her behaviour is just put upon. A.
YUP. this mean that all her actions is planned in her head, planned very quickly. she is not ADHD.
edit to say - BUT! if she live like that years and this is her regular kind of thought, she is use to think fast and to fit herself to the situation in front of her than she isnt have to be focuse, it's her custom.

Lida
August 18th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I really want to know why do you think this's not the case of ADHD. lot's of symptoms clearly there :)

Ok, you asked for it.

The diagnostic feature of ADHD is a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that is more frequent and severe than is typically observed in "normal" individuals at a comparative level of development. There must be some impairment from the symptoms in at least two settings, for example at home, at school, or work. There must be clear evidence of interference with developmentally appropriate social, academic or occupational functioning. The disturbance is NOT better accounted for by another mental disorder (e.g. Mood disorder, Anxiety d/o, Dissociative d/o or Personality d/o.)

Individuals with this disorder usually show inattention in social or other situations and may fail to pay close attention to detail and are careless. (This is VERY condensed). Work can be messy, perfomed carelessly and without considered thought. They also find it hard to to persist with tasks until completion. There is much more, I won't go into.

If Vala is suffering from anything, I would sooner diagnose PTSD, with Borderline Personality disorder, however, as she is a fictional character, I won't.

Would you like more?

LMichelle
August 22nd, 2005, 02:14 PM
Well once Sam came back, they pretty much cast Vala aside, didn't they? Like there's only room for one woman in the boys club. I wished there had been much more interaction between Sam and Vala since they are so opposite in personality. It would've been great to see an ep with Sam and Vala on a mission separate from the "boys." *sigh* Perhaps another time.

Lisa Michelle :)

jckfan55
August 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Well once Sam came back, they pretty much cast Vala aside, didn't they? Like there's only room for one woman in the boys club. I wished there had been much more interaction between Sam and Vala since they are so opposite in personality. It would've been great to see an ep with Sam and Vala on a mission separate from the "boys." *sigh* Perhaps another time.

Lisa Michelle :)
Well, Vala had served her purpose so I won't miss her. But I agree about your point about missed opportunities to see Sam and Vala work together.

gatebee
August 22nd, 2005, 02:31 PM
here is Sam and Vala ... Beach Head
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sam%20c/PDVD_148.jpg

gatebee
August 22nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
Vala, Sam and the boys.. Beach Head
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/PDVD_139.jpg

valaCB
August 23rd, 2005, 10:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/Vala/221a.jpg

Hope to see more V/S in future episodes but until then.... :(

Osiris-RA
August 23rd, 2005, 11:24 AM
Hehe, I hear a lot that Vala was shoved aside once Sam made her appearance - I saw it a little different though. Sure, SG-1 (what's left of 'em) were incomprehensibly rude, they nicer to the annoying Felger and co I think, but TPTB made such a point of showing that Sam's back, Vala's nothing now, that you were really watching Vala to see what she would do.

Far as Sam Vala interaction, ha ha, I say. Ha ha ha ha ha. Sam looked like "Who's the vamp?" :p

...and she still had more lines than Sam :mad:

Kalliope
August 23rd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Well, actually Vala was very open towards Sam, asking about her opinion. Personally I hope that the writers and both girls are going to surprise all of us in the future. Positively.

dosed150
September 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
they pretty much blanked vala for the whole ep and they wouldnt even listen to her idea which is a shame i really thought vala was actually starting to build up a rapport with sg1 im glad sams back but they could have kept vala as a member of sg1 for that episode

Atlanis
September 3rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
I would love to see Vala as a regular charicter

GenHammondsBarber
September 15th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Hi fans of Sam and Vala

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

I love sam and vala began to grow on me towards the end of her run with sg-1. I have a top 25 women of stargate poll that i have been running.

Feel like contributing?

Aeryn/Vala
September 16th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Hi fans of Sam and Vala

I love sam and vala began to grow on me towards the end of her run with sg-1. I have a top 25 women of stargate poll that i have been running.

Feel like contributing?
I think there is already a post of me!! :D :D

There should be more scenes between Vala and Sam in the future! There was too less in "Beachhead"!!

valaCB
September 23rd, 2005, 02:08 PM
This is what AT has to say about CB and Vala :cool:

Amanda has praise for Claudia Black, who played the role of Vala during the opening episodes of Season 9 while Amanda was in maternity leave, "[Vala] is such fun, and Claudia plays her so beautifully. To be honest, after I watched one of the early episodes from [Season 9], I was actually worried that audiences would embrace Vala so much that when I came back they’d do, ‘Oh no, not boring Sam Carter again. We like that cool Vala character, Keep her around instead."

"...Claudia was so supportive when I came back to work….when she left I was like, ‘Please, let her stay. She’s smart, funny and another girl. Why can’t there be two of us on the team?’ I’m hoping they bring Vala back as I’d love to work with Claudia again."

Agent_Dark
September 23rd, 2005, 05:16 PM
This is what AT has to say about CB and Vala :cool:
Yeah, was good to read that. I just wish we got some actual interaction between them on the screen :(

Aeryn/Vala
September 24th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Yeah, was good to read that. I just wish we got some actual interaction between them on the screen :(

Let us hope that for the new eps with Claudia http://terrafirmascapers.com/Smileys/default/prayer2.gif

GenHammondsBarber
September 25th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Hi Vala and Sam fans

I just wanted you to know that the top 25 women of stargate poll has been updated. Teyla is close to the top but just cannot quite get there. Show her some support.

Aeryn/Vala
September 29th, 2005, 02:24 AM
We need more of this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b363/Bree1983/Vala/beachhead221.jpg

SunKrux
October 29th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Claudia news - straight from Creation -

CLAUDIA BLACK TO HEADLINE STARGATE CONVENTION TOUR IN 2006!
One of the genre's most popular actresses, Claudia was truly amazing as Aeryn Sun on FARSCAPE. Now, as Vala on STARGATE SG-1, Claudia continues raising the bar! With very few convention appearances to date we are thrilled to welcome this superstar to our Official Stargate Convention tour! Claudia will be speaking, signing autographs (on a complimentary basis for our Gold Weekend Patrons), and taking part in photo ops.

In the past when we've welcomed Claudia to our Official FARSCAPE Conventions she has given wonderful performances for our audiences, making the gatherings something truly special. We're so glad to have her on television again and we know you'll love meeting her at the following OFFICIAL STARGATE CONVENTIONS in 2006:

CHICAGO: AUGUST 25-27, 2006

SECAUCUS, NEW JERSEY NOVEMBER 3-5, 2006

BURBANK, CALIFORNIA NOVEMBER 17-19, 2006

Gold Weekend Packages (our top of the line best way to attend all weekend!) are on sale now for all three events. Please grab these packages as soon as possible as that way you'll get the best seatings we have and also get complimentary autographs from our guest stars, including Claudia.

Thank you!

Your friends at Creation Entertainment for
The Official Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis Convention Tour

----------------------------------------------------

Creation Entertainment
217 S. Kenwood St.
Glendale, CA 91205

SunKrux
October 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I've snurched this from the ever fabulous Skydiver - she posted this on the "Sam is a great character" thread. I thought it would be fun to see what you all come up with. :D

Originally Posted by Skydiver
Ok, let's play with the presumption that Sam and Vala will both be in s10 and will not be mortal enemies

how would you

have them meet? have them work together? have them interact?

come up with a plot bunny or write a scene....how do you see sam and vala getting along?????

I can't think right now, but maybe later. :D

ALHDZSZ
October 29th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Niether of them can even begin to compare to Dr. Lam

SunKrux
October 29th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Niether of them can even begin to compare to Dr. Lam

Uh, thanks for your opinion, but this is a VALA/SAM thread. ;) If you have nothing nice to say about either Sam or Vala, please, leave. Thanks! :D

GenHammondsBarber
November 7th, 2005, 05:50 PM

This is a poll I have on the top 25 women of stargate. Stop by and contribute.

valaCB
November 20th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Hello all,

My friend and i created a new site for the fabulous and talented actress Claudia Black, all the news and more.
You'r wellcome to visit us
http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/

any new news about Claudia black PLS send to claudiablacknews@yahoo.com

Thank You and enjoy :)

SunKrux
December 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Ok all you Vala/Sam fans...what's the deal? Why no talky?

Ok, if you could spend a day with both ladies (the characters, not the actors - that's for another time and thread) what would you like to do with them? Shopping? Lunch and spa time? Traveling the universe and kicking baddie booty?

Me? I'd do a little of the lunch and spa time after a grueling day of traveling the universe and kicking some baddie booty. :D

tsaxlady
December 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM

Ok, if you could spend a day with both ladies (the characters, not the actors - that's for another time and thread) what would you like to do with them? Shopping? Lunch and spa time? Traveling the universe and kicking baddie booty?

Me? I'd do a little of the lunch and spa time after a grueling day of traveling the universe and kicking some baddie booty. :D

How about just spend sometime in the sauna with them after a long ordeal with the Lucian Alliance. Just imagine the girl talk.

OT: Great caption SK you should post it in the thread :D

Aeryn/Vala
December 28th, 2005, 02:56 AM
At first go shopping and then have some spa time! After all that some really nice girl talk!:D

Johnquixote
January 16th, 2006, 01:49 PM

Hehehe, after some careful smooth talking, I'd lure them into my bedroom, then the closet... and pull out the Monopoly boardgame. Dibs on the money bag.

valaCB
January 19th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Im waiting for more scenes with the two of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/Vala/beachhead163.jpg

Formerhost
January 19th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Im waiting for more scenes with the two of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/Vala/beachhead163.jpg

But not like this particular scene, 'cause it was actually very said scene - Vala knew at that moment they didn't want her there :(

Aeryn/Vala
January 19th, 2006, 11:10 AM
But not like this particular scene, 'cause it was actually very said scene - Vala knew at that moment they didn't want her there :(

That was really mean!! http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/stargate/vala/vala04.gif

vizel
January 19th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah... not that scene... :mckay:

valaCB
January 19th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Ooops, you'r right. WE will wait for more NICE moments between them.

Formerhost
January 20th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Ooops, you'r right. WE will wait for more NICE moments between them.

So we'll have to wait until season 10 starts in July... :vala: :sam:

AcidSquid
January 21st, 2006, 03:42 PM
If you Changed the VALA/SAM to a VALA/SAM Thunk Then...
You know.

vizel
January 23rd, 2006, 05:46 AM
If you Changed the VALA/SAM to a VALA/SAM Thunk Then...
You know.
We can make it a Thunk thread :samanime20: :valaanime06:

valaCB
January 27th, 2006, 07:02 AM
There isn't much pics with these two
but... here's one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/Vala/beachhead221.jpg

So what do you think will happen in season 10?

valaCB
February 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM

:vala: :sam:

Formerhost
February 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM

I hope for an interesting relationship developed between Sam and Vala. There's definitely a lot of potential here.

Tok'Ra Hostess
February 26th, 2006, 01:06 PM

I don't really expect much in the way of friction between Sam and Vala, especially since Sam's only time spent with her was when Vala sacrificed herself for the galaxy. So I think Sam has a measure of respect for her.

Also, judging from the promos for next weeks ep, Vala seems more serious... I'm hoping so, anyways.

One thing I have to say about this season is that Sam seems more natural around her teammates, less hindered by regs, I guess. The writers are giving her personality more room. Hopefully, we'll see some natural banter/rivalry/friendship/distrust - whatever direction the scenes go - between these two female leads.

Formerhost
February 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I don't really expect much in the way of friction between Sam and Vala, especially since Sam's only time spent with her was when Vala sacrificed herself for the galaxy. So I think Sam has a measure of respect for her.

Also, judging from the promos for next weeks ep, Vala seems more serious... I'm hoping so, anyways.

One thing I have to say about this season is that Sam seems more natural around her teammates, less hindered by regs, I guess. The writers are giving her personality more room. Hopefully, we'll see some natural banter/rivalry/friendship/distrust - whatever direction the scenes go - between these two female leads.

Agree. Season 10 is gonna be very interesting! :)

vizel
March 2nd, 2006, 05:15 AM
Agree. Season 10 is gonna be very interesting! :)
I agree :D

ubiquitous
March 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I hope for an interesting relationship developed between Sam and Vala. There's definitely a lot of potential here.

Lots of potential. :D And I agree, season 10 is going to be very interesting.

Formerhost
March 14th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Lots of potential. :D And I agree, season 10 is going to be very interesting.

I hope to read a lot of interesting fanfics including Vala/Sam relationship, any fanfic writers out here? :) :vala: :sam:

Lida
March 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Personally, I'd love to see more female interaction between Sam and Vala in Season 10. For 9 long seasons, Sam has pretty much been the lone female "worlds-saver", and without Janet, she'd have been the lone female, period. Sam has a complicated personality, and we don't get to see all her varied sides and interests. I think one on one scenes with Vala could be very good for the show and for both character's developement. However, I won't hold my breath. ;)

Formerhost
March 14th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Personally, I'd love to see more female interaction between Sam and Vala in Season 10. For 9 long seasons, Sam has pretty much been the lone female "worlds-saver", and without Janet, she'd have been the lone female, period. Sam has a complicated personality, and we don't get to see all her varied sides and interests. I think one on one scenes with Vala could be very good for the show and for both character's developement. However, I won't hold my breath. ;)

I remember from Joe's Q&A at Solutions board, or was it comments area of his blog here at GW - nope, it was Solutions - he said that Vala is going to interact with all SG-1 members, so I hope to see an episode with both girls on a mission, that would be really funny to watch :)

Aeryn/Vala
March 14th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I remember from Joe's Q&A at Solutions board, or was it comments area of his blog here at GW - nope, it was Solutions - he said that Vala is going to interact with all SG-1 members, so I hope to see an episode with both girls on a mission, that would be really funny to watch :)

:indeed: I hope so, too!!! What about: The Ori ship with Vala on board would "save" Sam and Sam would be the one who helps Vala with the birth?

Formerhost
March 27th, 2006, 08:49 AM
I've found this at Our Stargate board today morning:

Amanda told about a scene between Vala and Carter that was cut from "Morpheus" and she was very sad it had been taken out (for time). She said that Carter goes to Vala and offers to be someone she can talk to, basically -- to help her adjust to her new situation, etc. In other words, it was a sort of character interaction/bonding scene between the two women.

I suppose they actually filmed this scene and I hope it's gonna be included into "Deleted scenes" section when season 10 DVDs are being released. I'd love to see this scene.

jckfan55
March 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM

Amanda told about a scene between Vala and Carter that was cut from "Morpheus" and she was very sad it had been taken out (for time). She said that Carter goes to Vala and offers to be someone she can talk to, basically -- to help her adjust to her new situation, etc. In other words, it was a sort of character interaction/bonding scene between the two women.

I suppose they actually filmed this scene and I hope it's gonna be included into "Deleted scenes" section when season 10 DVDs are being released. I'd love to see this scene.
Oh Drat. This is exactly the kind of scene that would be great for both characters. I suppose they had to make time for something to blow up...:(

Formerhost
March 27th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Oh Drat. This is exactly the kind of scene that would be great for both characters. I suppose they had to make time for something to blow up...:(

Yeah... somebody should slap them in the heads and REALLY HARD for this kind of stupid decisions :mckay:

Aeryn/Vala
March 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I suppose they actually filmed this scene and I hope it's gonna be included into "Deleted scenes" section when season 10 DVDs are being released.

Hope so, too!

Formerhost
March 27th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Hope so, too!

So go now to Ivon Bartok's blog here at GW (from the main page - Articles, then Blogs and you'll find it) and ask for it to be included in season 10 DVD set.

maxbo
March 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Okay, I haven't seen that episode yet, but something tells me that after I've seen it I'll be able to find many other moments that could've been cut, without sacrificing the storyline, instead of this scene between Sam and Vala. It's too bad that TPTB didn't think this scene was important enough to leave in.

SunKrux
March 27th, 2006, 07:46 PM

:D I was the person who asked her about Vala and Sam stuff in S10. That "spoiler" is pretty accurate to Amanda's response. I think Vala/Sam fans should contact TPTB and request politely that they include that scene on the DVDs for S10 when they are produced. :D

Am I happy the scene is not airing, not really...but we KNOW it happened, so it's better than TPTB not writing anything. :D

Formerhost
March 28th, 2006, 12:24 AM
:D I was the person who asked her about Vala and Sam stuff in S10. That "spoiler" is pretty accurate to Amanda's response. I think Vala/Sam fans should contact TPTB and request politely that they include that scene on the DVDs for S10 when they are produced. :D

Ivon Bartok's blog here at GW is good place to make such request, there're 3 or 4 posts already about it. Join us! :)

Formerhost
March 29th, 2006, 05:36 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/samvalaanim.gif

Isn't it cute? :D Scarimor, you rock!!! :)

Formerhost
April 3rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
As it has just been, for some not quite understandable reasons removed by Sky from Sam's great character thread, and I wanted to say that Amanda is great to say such a wonderful things about Vala and Claudia, I put it back here for everybody to read:

"[Vala] is such fun, and Claudia plays her so beautifully. To be honest, after I watched one of the early episodes from [Season 9], I was actually worried that audiences would embrace Vala so much that when I came back they’d do, ‘Oh no, not boring Sam Carter again. We like that cool Vala character, Keep her around instead."

"...Claudia was so supportive when I came back to work….when she left I was like, ‘Please, let her stay. She’s smart, funny and another girl. Why can’t there be two of us on the team?’ I’m hoping they bring Vala back as I’d love to work with Claudia again." Amanda Tapping on Claudia in one of TV Zone Magazine issues.

valaCB
April 3rd, 2006, 12:12 PM
As i recall, you didn't like Carter before. What change your mind? :daniel:

Formerhost
April 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
As i recall, you didn't like Carter before. What change your mind? :daniel:

Multiple Sam in Ripple Effect. I really love this episode :)

SunKrux
April 3rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
Ok, over in the "Sam's a Great Character" thread, folks are talking about the differences between Sam & Vala. Some are saying that Vala isn't a good role model for them and others are disagreeing. Here's what one poster said...

Umm, I don't see Vala as some kind of terrible female role model. Actually, I don't see why all women on television have to be a picture of what we consider 'perfection'. Sadly, there are a lot of women like Vala in the world, and it is a correct representation of what we see is society often today.

I really don't understand why we are even comparing the two characters. They are both very different characters, with very different motivations and experiences (and maybe a couple of shared) and they act out differently.

Sam is more reserved, Vala says exactly what is on her mind. I think there is a place for both of them on the show, and a possibility for some interesting moments between them.

I get some people don't like Vala, but I don't understand the inncesent need for every female on television to be a postive role model. It's far from being realistic.

All that being said, I don't know how many times I can say how happy I am to see a female scientist who isn't just a geek on TV. I love my Sam - but I quite like Vala too. I don't think liking them are mutually exclusive either.

And I feel I have missed my own point...

Why compare them? Cause it's fun to look at each character for their strengths and weaknesses that make them who they are.

Sam - in the beginning of the show, VERY reserved and imho, kind of leary of rocking the boat. She was after all one of the few females in a male dominated world. As the show progressed, so did Sam and now, Sam's not afraid to tell the guys what she thinks, albeit, she's a little more tactful than Vala is. :lol:

Sam also doesn't dress as provacatively as Vala, but she's still sexy. She was also raised by parents - mainly her pop as her mom died when she was younger, who obviously had morals and high standards of conduct. It shows in how Sam behaves and looks at the world around her.

Vala - she's the kid who says what everyone is thinking and (imho) was a little too oversexualized in the beginning eps of S9. I didn't hate that, just thought it was a bit too much. I also think the director should have regined Claud in just a wee bit so it wasn't so over the top (for me - others will disagree, this is not a negative, just an observation on my part). Vala uses what she has, be it her sexuality or her smarts to get her what she needs or to help get her out of any situation. Not a bad thing, just a different way of looking at life.

From how Vala behaves, it appears to me that her parents (if she was raised by them, we don't know anything about them yet) might not have been as moral and upstanding as Sam's parents. Either that or they were far, far too strict and that's why Vala behaves the way she does at this time. But from the eps before "Crusade" and "Crusade" itself, Vala is toning down the sexuality a bit. I think this will work in her favor. I don't see it going away anytime soon and I'm ok with that.

How are they similar? They've both been hosts to goa'ulds/tok'ra and that experience has changed them. Sam's experience wasn't, imho, as traumatized as Vala obviously was, but then Sam was host to a tok'ra and Vala was host to a gou'ald. From what little bit we've learned of Vala's experience, the gou'ald wasn't all that nice.

I can't wait to see how they work together, how they will use their experiences to help each other.

Any one else have thoughts on this? Please, let's not make this a Sam or Vala thing..it's about both of them. :D

minigeek
April 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
How are they similar? They've both been hosts to goa'ulds/tok'ra and that experience has changed them. Sam's experience wasn't, imho, as traumatized as Vala obviously was, but then Sam was host to a tok'ra and Vala was host to a gou'ald. From what little bit we've learned of Vala's experience, the gou'ald wasn't all that nice.

I think one of the biggest, most important things that the writing team could do (positively) for both Vala and Carter is to have the two of them end up (none too easily) exploring their mutual experience(s) as hosts. In so far as Sam Carter is concerned, the entire Jolinar episode was far too scantily brushed over, imho, and the explanation given was that there just wasn't enough "time" to delve into it since it was something that really affected just Sam's character.

Given we'll now have two principle characters with a similar terrorized encounter (I'd imagine Vala's would be even more intense), the two women could REALLY use that as a stepping stone for some incredible drama and interaction. We could finally explore some of the Jolinar story that's been locked up in Carter for so many years, and we could inherently also bring some new foundational substance into Vala Mal Doran wherein her character can rise up and explore the emotional depth we all know is in there (somewhere) :p

It's huge. It would help integrate Vala into the established SG-1 team, and if nothing else, it would provide tremendous potential for conflict. If they don't bother exploring this facet (of both characters) in the upcoming season(s), it'd be an enormous mistake.

So here's hoping, from my 0.02 cents worth of the peanut gallery. ;)

minigeek

chocdoc
April 3rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
I think one of the biggest, most important things that the writing team could do (positively) for both Vala and Carter is to have the two of them end up (none too easily) exploring their mutual experience(s) as hosts. In so far as Sam Carter is concerned, the entire Jolinar episode was far too scantily brushed over, imho, and the explanation given was that there just wasn't enough "time" to delve into it since it was something that really affected just Sam's character.

Given we'll now have two principle characters with a similar terrorized encounter (I'd imagine Vala's would be even more intense), the two women could REALLY use that as a stepping stone for some incredible drama and interaction. We could finally explore some of the Jolinar story that's been locked up in Carter for so many years, and we could inherently also bring some new foundational substance into Vala Mal Doran wherein her character can rise up and explore the emotional depth we all know is in there (somewhere) :p

It's huge. It would help integrate Vala into the established SG-1 team, and if nothing else, it would provide tremendous potential for conflict. If they don't bother exploring this facet (of both characters) in the upcoming season(s), it'd be an enormous mistake.

So here's hoping, from my 0.02 cents worth of the peanut gallery. ;)

minigeek

I'm hoping this too. If TPTB were smart, they'd play on this shared experience. The potential for interesting interactions between Sam/Vala is so great, but I don't know if TPTB has it in them to write it. Sam and Vala are so different---both interesting characters--and very very different. Finding common ground would be so interesting to develop. I"m afraid that this TPTB are afraid to put women together much in scenes (look at Teyla and Weir). They seem to think that women have to connect more to the men than to each other. But I do recall great Sam/Janet scenes and interactions---not enough for my tastes, but certainly it was there.

valaCB
April 3rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
Vala - she's the kid who says what everyone is thinking and (imho) was a little too oversexualized in the beginning eps of S9. I didn't hate that, just thought it was a bit too much. I also think the director should have regined Claud in just a wee bit so it wasn't so over the top (for me - others will disagree, this is not a negative, just an observation on my part). Vala uses what she has, be it her sexuality or her smarts to get her what she needs or to help get her out of any situation. Not a bad thing, just a different way of looking at life.

If Claudia wasn't that extreme , the producers had not notice Vala and maybe she wouldn't be in season 10 at all. You have to be super talent to get notice and i think Claudia played Vala exactlly as the screep writen.

I'm hoping this too. If TPTB were smart, they'd play on this shared experience. The potential for interesting interactions between Sam/Vala is so great, but I don't know if TPTB has it in them to write it. Sam and Vala are so different---both interesting characters--and very very different. Finding common ground would be so interesting to develop. I"m afraid that this TPTB are afraid to put women together much in scenes (look at Teyla and Weir). They seem to think that women have to connect more to the men than to each other. But I do recall great Sam/Janet scenes and interactions---not enough for my tastes, but certainly it was there.
I so agree. If SG add the emotional part in the past, it could be my favorite series.

I"m afraid that this TPTB are afraid to put women together much in scenes(look at Teyla and Weir). They seem to think that women have to connect more to the men than to each other
This sentence is so right :(

Formerhost
April 4th, 2006, 01:25 AM

I guess it also depends on both Claudia and Amanda, if they suggest TPTB more Sam/Vala interactions and definitely to explore more their hosts experiences, maybe TPTB will listen to them...

Aeryn/Vala
April 4th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I guess it also depends on both Claudia and Amanda, if they suggest TPTB more Sam/Vala interactions and definitely to explore more their hosts experiences, maybe TPTB will listen to them...

I hope they do!! But I think SG is a show where TPTB listen to the actors!! :)

SunKrux
April 4th, 2006, 10:15 AM
If Claudia wasn't that extreme , the producers had not notice Vala and maybe she wouldn't be in season 10 at all. You have to be super talent to get notice and i think Claudia played Vala exactlly as the screep writen.

Actually imho, she was a bit extreme, but not so much that I would have hated it. Claudia got noticed because of her work on FS and other shows she's done and she wasn't over the top, at least not in FS not sure about most of the other shows she's been in. It is the director's job to regin that kind of acting in, but I'm guessing the director didn't feel that way. Hey, to each his/her own. I'm not saying that I don't like what Claudia's doing, just thought the director should have had her bring it down a notch. I don't blame Claudia one bit for it. :D

But now it's kind of a moot point, since they've apparently toned Vala down a bit and are working on giving her that depth most of us who do like Vala saw from the beginning. ;)

Formerhost
April 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Actually imho, she was a bit extreme, but not so much that I would have hated it. Claudia got noticed because of her work on FS and other shows she's done and she wasn't over the top, at least not in FS not sure about most of the other shows she's been in. It is the director's job to regin that kind of acting in, but I'm guessing the director didn't feel that way. Hey, to each his/her own. I'm not saying that I don't like what Claudia's doing, just thought the director should have had her bring it down a notch. I don't blame Claudia one bit for it. :D

Uhmm, have you read already Avalon pts. 1 and 2 DVD commentaries? They're talking exactly about it. And I'm not sure you're gonna to like what they said... ;) Personally I don't see any extremes in Claud's acting in any of the episodes. I love her in PU, in all first 6 episodes of season 9, and obviously slightly toned down Vala in Crusade. Claudia and writers/directors TALKED a lot about it, so it's their common work what we see on screen.

But now it's kind of a moot point, since they've apparently toned Vala down a bit and are working on giving her that depth most of us who do like Vala saw from the beginning. ;)

Actually this depth was already visible in The Powers That Be episode, not to mention Crusade, they're just exploring it more now.

SunKrux
April 4th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Uhmm, have you read already Avalon pts. 1 and 2 DVD commentaries? They're talking exactly about it. And I'm not sure you're gonna to like what they said... ;) Personally I don't see any extremes in Claud's acting in any of the episodes. I love her in PU, in all first 6 episodes of season 9, and obviously slightly toned down Vala in Crusade. Claudia and writers/directors TALKED a lot about it, so it's their common work what we see on screen.

Nope haven't read it not sure I'll get around to it. Just because they all agreed to do it doesn't mean it was the right decision. Again, I have nothing against Claudia, just thought it was a bit over the top, but that's just MY OPINION. :) I still love Claudia, doesn't mean I have to actually like every choice she makes acting wise. :)

Actually this depth was already visible in The Powers That Be episode, not to mention Crusade, they're just exploring it more now.

Uh, I said "from the beginning" meaning "Promethous Unbound" and all eps after that. The depth was there...they just hadn't opened up and explored it yet. :) Most of us here saw that depth even though they hadn't explored it yet. :rolleyes:

Formerhost
April 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Uh, I said "from the beginning" meaning "Promethous Unbound" and all eps after that. The depth was there...they just hadn't opened up and explored it yet. :) Most of us here saw that depth even though they hadn't explored it yet. :rolleyes:

"Crusade" is definitely a great start on this path :)

the dancer of spaz
April 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Oh crap. :lol:

OK, I'm hoping some Sam/Vala friendship moments are in the works for future episodes. It would appear that AT and CB have found some common ground, meaning they seem to be on the same page when it comes to working out some kind of friendship between their two characters. And whether they've discussed it with the directors, Cooper or Wright or not, it would seem that they're trying to make that understanding come across onscreen. It's a shame that it has to be non-verbal communication. :rolleyes: Whatever.

The writers could do it, if they just give AT and CB some basic conversation and let them flesh it out. We're not talking about an entire scene, here. We're talking about five or six lines. Professional writers should be able to fit that in, no sweat. :) I'm still holding out hope for some, too.

Formerhost
April 5th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Oh crap. :lol:

OK, I'm hoping some Sam/Vala friendship moments are in the works for future episodes. It would appear that AT and CB have found some common ground, meaning they seem to be on the same page when it comes to working out some kind of friendship between their two characters. And whether they've discussed it with the directors, Cooper or Wright or not, it would seem that they're trying to make that understanding come across onscreen. It's a shame that it has to be non-verbal communication. :rolleyes: Whatever.

The writers could do it, if they just give AT and CB some basic conversation and let them flesh it out. We're not talking about an entire scene, here. We're talking about five or six lines. Professional writers should be able to fit that in, no sweat. :) I'm still holding out hope for some, too.

These four episodes in which Daniel will be "somewhere else" due to Michael's absence are just great possibility to develop Sam and Vala relationship much more. Let's hope they're going to use this possibility wisely.

valaCB
April 5th, 2006, 12:02 PM
These four episodes in which Daniel will be "somewhere else" due to Michael's absence are just great possibility to develop Sam and Vala relationship much more. Let's hope they're going to use this possibility wisely.
Yup, but i hope we will see some development not only in the end of the season but through the whole season. five or six lines in every episode will be fine with me :D

Formerhost
April 5th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Yup, but i hope we will see some development not only in the end of the season but through the whole season. five or six lines in every episode will be fine with me :D

These episodes are not in the end of the season. Michael didn't film episodes 4 and 5 which were being filmed in March (at the end of March Lexa gave birth to their second baby) and probably will be absent somewhere in summer, I don't know which episodes they'll be filming then. And yes, five or six lines in every episodes will be really great thing, definitely.

valaCB
April 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
These episodes are not in the end of the season. Michael didn't film episodes 4 and 5 which were being filmed in March
I didn't know that. Thanx.

ForeverSg1
April 5th, 2006, 12:51 PM

I totally understand what you are saying SunKrux. I'm sure I will be in the minority here, but oh well, it's not like that would be a new thing.

I also think Vala was a bit extreme, but I don't really blame Claudia for this I blame the writers. Why? Because the only thing I disliked about Vala in Prometheus Unbound was the way she used sex as a weapon. I didn't like that sex was used more like a psychological game mixed with violence. The whole beat the crap out of Daniel bit and then kiss and hug on him was just wrong in my opinion. This is not something I blame Claudia for because personally I think the entire episode was poorly written. The show took some very serious issues and made jokes out of them and in the process made the characters look badly.

The things I did like about Vala in Prometheus Unbound? She was fierce, she kicked the snot out of Daniel, highly intelligent, extremely knowledgable of her surroundings and knew exacty what she wanted and how she would attain it. This was not a ignorant person. She not only planned out the hijacking of the Tauri vessel, but she managed to overcome it's entire crew single handedly. She also managed to by-pass the ships security systems on her own.

So needless to say, when season nine came around I was extremely disappointed that the writers had taken the one aspect of Vala that I didn't like and enhanced it by a thousand and replaced this extremely brilliant woman with an immature child.

Vala is a thief. She's a survivor. She has spent years, if not decades learning to survive by her own cunning skills and intellects. She is a woman whose managed to survive being a host to a Gou'ald, being tortured and God only knows what else. So why did she suddenly come back in season nine and behave so dense and petty? Putting the bracelet on Daniel was manipulative yes, but I could see her doing that. However, the way Vala behaved in the Avalon cave was childish. Noone who has gone through what she has been through and survived would just plunge in and start grabbing things like that. We saw in the Ties that Bind just how manipulative Vala can be, so why did the writers have to write her the way they did in season nine? Personally, I think the writers just wanted to have fun for a few episodes and they used Claudia/Vala as a means to do so. They couldn't have Daniel or Teal'c acting this way and if Mitchell had come on board and suddenly acted so goofy people would have been screaming for him to be shot. So they took a character who had no rules to live by and they used her for all she was worth. The problem is this type of character can't survive in the Stargate Universe. She doesn't fit, so now they have to tone her down in order to make her acceptable to the team.

In my opinion, had they just taken the character in Prometheus Unbound and toned down her sexual innuendos a tad, I would have loved Vala. She's the first female character whom I felt could truly compete with Sam. She's strong and extremely smart like Sam. It's was obvious Vala had some fighting skills, she has years of Gou'ald knowledge at her disposal. She can use gou'ald devices and she's obviously skilled at flying different types of vessels, so I have to question why the writers choose to replace all of these wonderful aspects of Vala with over-the-top sexual innuendos and childish antics? I've seen a huge change in the last few episodes in season nine and I think if written properly she truly could be a wonderful addition to the team/storyline, however, the writers have put Vala/Claudia into a very difficult position because now there are many fans out there who are expecting to see the wild, uncontrollable Vala and I think many will be very dissappointed if she changes too much in season 10, and then there is the other side of the spectrum where the fans do not like the character of Vala at all and if they don't change Vala enough they will continue to dislike Vala.

Hopefully, the writers will manage to get their act together in season ten, but I have to admit that after hearing about the scene between Sam/Vala that was cut I'm already very disappointed, because personally I think scenes like this is just what the show has been missing over the last year.

Formerhost
April 5th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I totally understand what you are saying SunKrux. I'm sure I will be in the minority here, but oh well, it's not like that would be a new thing.

I also think Vala was a bit extreme, but I don't really blame Claudia for this I blame the writers. Why? Because the only thing I disliked about Vala in Prometheus Unbound was the way she used sex as a weapon. I didn't like that sex was used more like a psychological game mixed with violence. The whole beat the crap out of Daniel bit and then kiss and hug on him was just wrong in my opinion. This is not something I blame Claudia for because personally I think the entire episode was poorly written. The show took some very serious issues and made jokes out of them and in the process made the characters look badly in my opinion.

The things I did like about Vala in Prometheus Unbound? She was fierce, she kicked the snot out of Daniel, highly intelligent, extremely knowledgable of her surroundings and knew exacty what she wanted and how she would attain it. This was not a ignorant person. She not only planned out the hijacking of the Tauri vessel, but she managed to overcome it's entire crew single handedly. She also managed to by-pass the ships security systems on her own.

So needless to say, when season nine came around I was extremely disappointed that the writers had taken the one aspect of Vala that I didn't like and enhanced it by a thousand and replaced this extremely brilliant woman with an immature child.

Vala is a thief. She's a survivor. She has spent years, if not decades learning to survive by her own cunning skills and intellects. She is a woman whose managed to survive being a host to a Gou'ald, being tortured and God only knows what else. So why did she suddenly come back in season nine and behave so dense and petty? Putting the bracelet on Daniel was manipulative yes, but I could see her doing that. However, the way Vala behaved in the Avalon cave was childish. Noone who has gone through what she has been through and survived would just plunge in and start grabbing things like that. We saw in the Ties that Bind just how manipulative Vala can be, so why did the writers have to write her the way they did in season nine? Personally, I think the writers just wanted to have fun for a few episodes and they used Claudia/Vala as a means to do so. They couldn't have Daniel or Teal'c acting this way and if Mitchell had come on board and suddenly acted so goofy people would have been screaming for him to be shot. So they took a character who had no rules to live by and they used her for all she was worth. The problem is this type of character can't survive in the Stargate Universe. She doesn't fit, so now they have to tone her down in order to make her acceptable to the team.

Wanna know what Claudia said about Vala's not fitting in? Here's the piece from her interview in April issue of Ultimate DVD Magazine (she was talking about the first 6 episodes of season 9):

"Vala doesn't fit in, and that's what's so wonderful about her," beams Black. "She's the diametric opposition to anything military and protocol. She's charming and she does stand out like sore thumb, and we've made the most of that. Michael would constantly look around to find where I was and find me chewing scenery; I really was trying to make the most of it. I was conscious of it in even simple things: the boardroom scenes, having a briefing, why would Vala sit on a chair and keep her mouth shut?"

And about Vala's 'dominatrix outfit', it's also interesting: "The first outfit when she arrives is pretty wild - not how I envisaged Vala to be," admits the actress. "But we all mutually decided that Vala is a space Barbie doll and she was never in one outfit for more than two or three minutes. And as she is chameleon-like it was about shifting and adapting."

SunKrux
April 5th, 2006, 03:24 PM

I also think Vala was a bit extreme, but I don't really blame Claudia for this I blame the writers. Why? Because the only thing I disliked about Vala in Prometheus Unbound was the way she used sex as a weapon. I didn't like that sex was used more like a psychological game mixed with violence. The whole beat the crap out of Daniel bit and then kiss and hug on him was just wrong in my opinion. This is not something I blame Claudia for because personally I think the entire episode was poorly written. The show took some very serious issues and made jokes out of them and in the process made the characters look badly in my opinion.

I will say this...I didn't mind that attitude for one eps...but then the first 6 of S9 were pretty much the same...I'll just be glad when the day comes that the media morons will realize that sex isn't the only thing that sells. ;)

<snippity do da>

Well said! It's a shame that in MHO they're wasting Claudia's talent with all the OTTness. Yes, she's great at it and probably having a ball since Vala is pretty much the exact opposite of Aeryn, but it can only be fun for so long...then it starts to get old, IMHO.

In my opinion, had they just taken the character in Prometheus Unbound and toned down her sexual innuendos a tad, I would have loved Vala. She's the first female character whom I felt could truly compete with Sam. She's strong and extremely smart like Sam. It's was obvious Vala had some fighting skills, she has years of Gou'ald knowledge at her disposal. She can use gou'ald devices and she's obviously skilled at flying different types of vessels, so I have to question why the writers choose to replace all of these wonderful aspects of Vala with over-the-top sexual innuendos and childish antics? I've seen a huge change in the last few episodes in season nine and I think if written properly she truly could be a wonderful addition to the team/storyline, however, the writers have put Vala/Claudia into a very difficult position because now there are many fans out there who are expecting to see the wild, uncontrollable Vala and I think many will be very dissappointed if she changes too much in season 10, and then there is the other side of the spectrum where the fans do not like the character of Vala at all and if they don't change Vala enough they will continue to dislike Vala.

Exactly. Just as I said to Amanda in Vancouver, I'm excited that Claudia and Amanda are on the same show...they are both such powerhouse actresses. It's a shame that the writers/producers aren't taking advantage of it.

Hopefully, the writers will manage to get their act together in season ten, but I have to admit that after hearing about the scene between Sam/Vala that was cut I'm already very disappointed, because personally I think scenes like this is just what the show has been missing over the last year.

I'm with ya. Here's hoping that TPTB will realize that while Claudia is extremely good at the OTTness, she's much, much better with excellent scripts...much like the ones she received while working on FS. Here's hoping the SG writers are up to the challenge. Why waste the talents of two such extremely talented actresses by making one so totally immature and the other too conservative or "geeky"? Wasteful and shameful, IMHO. :D

SunKrux
April 5th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Wanna know what Claudia said about Vala's not fitting in? Here's the piece from her interview in April issue of Ultimate DVD Magazine (she was talking about the first 6 episodes of season 9):

"Vala doesn't fit in, and that's what's so wonderful about her," beams Black. "She's the diametric opposition to anything military and protocol. She's charming and she does stand out like sore thumb, and we've made the most of that. Michael would constantly look around to find where I was and find me chewing scenery; I really was trying to make the most of it. I was conscious of it in even simple things: the boardroom scenes, having a briefing, why would Vala sit on a chair and keep her mouth shut?"

And about Vala's 'dominatrix outfit', it's also interesting: "The first outfit when she arrives is pretty wild - not how I envisaged Vala to be," admits the actress. "But we all mutually decided that Vala is a space Barbie doll and she was never in one outfit for more than two or three minutes. And as she is chameleon-like it was about shifting and adapting."

I applaud Claudia for sticking with her choices, I just don't happen to agree and if that makes me a bad fan of hers in other fans eyes...so be it. She's far too talented to continue with the choices she's made with the character atm. As I previously said...I have a feeling that even for Claudia, playing Vala as she did in the first 6 eps of S9 will eventually get old and stale. I really do hope that she, the writers/producers/directors realize this and quit wasting her phenominal talent and give her some meatier scripts and things to do besides flirt, pout and be so frellin' immature.

Again, I don't blame any of it honestly on Claudia herself, she's a new kid on the block trying to fit in and play by the new rules at the playground. I think she is doing a phenominal job at it, again (broken record) I don't think the choices are the right ones for her or the character, but in the end, it's her choice whether any of us agree with it or each other.

WE can all definately agree that Claudia is one of the most phenominally talented actresses to grace the screen in a LONG time. :D Right?

ForeverSg1
April 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I will say this...I didn't mind that attitude for one eps...but then the first 6 of S9 were pretty much the same...I'll just be glad when the day comes that the media morons will realize that sex isn't the only thing that sells. ;)

Well said! It's a shame that in MHO they're wasting Claudia's talent with all the OTTness. Yes, she's great at it and probably having a ball since Vala is pretty much the exact opposite of Aeryn, but it can only be fun for so long...then it starts to get old, IMHO.

Exactly. Just as I said to Amanda in Vancouver, I'm excited that Claudia and Amanda are on the same show...they are both such powerhouse actresses. It's a shame that the writers/producers aren't taking advantage of it.

I'm with ya. Here's hoping that TPTB will realize that while Claudia is extremely good at the OTTness, she's much, much better with excellent scripts...much like the ones she received while working on FS. Here's hoping the SG writers are up to the challenge. Why waste the talents of two such extremely talented actresses by making one so totally immature and the other too conservative or "geeky"? Wasteful and shameful, IMHO. :D

Hear hear! We've had nearly ten years of the boy's club, now it's time to see the women have a little bit of fun. Just imagine the kind of trouble these two could get into if they actually put their heads together and plotted against someone. We're talking about one woman who fooled an entire planet into believing she was a Goddess and another who blew up a sun; and maybe if we are lucky we'll see a bit of each of their personality rub off on the other. Lord knows, Vala could learn a bit from Sam about honor and duty and all that and Sam really could learn to loosen up a bit and speak her mind a tad more often.

the dancer of spaz
April 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Hear hear! We've had nearly ten years of the boy's club, now it's time to see the women have a little bit of fun. Just imagine the kind of trouble these two could get into if they actually put their heads together and plotted against someone. We're talking about one woman who fooled an entire planet into believing she was a Goddess and another who blew up a sun; and maybe if we are lucky we'll see a bit of each of their personality rub off on the other. Lord knows, Vala could learn a bit from Sam about honor and duty and all that and Sam really could learn to loosen up a bit and speak her mind a tad more often.

Amen, Kat and Sunny. The more I think about it, the more I keep coming back to one character's relation to the other. Sam and Vala need to bond for the other character to grow. Sam needs that freedom to be snarky. And Vala needs that lesson of earning trust. They've each established their own groove; their own routine. Sam and Vala can each shake the other up, and their odd-couple friendship could do wonders for a show that is way too heavily testosterone-ated. :P

Formerhost
April 16th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Reading RCC's interview here at GW yesterday I'm full of optimism about Sam and Vala in season 10. Especially that Daniel-less episodes create really big opportunity for interesting Sam and Vala stories.

Aeryn/Vala
April 17th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Reading RCC's interview here at GW yesterday I'm full of optimism about Sam and Vala in season 10. Especially that Daniel-less episodes create really big opportunity for interesting Sam and Vala stories.

Yeah, so Vala has to find someone else to bother :D

Formerhost
April 17th, 2006, 10:21 AM

To talk to, to solve some problems together... :)

valaCB
April 17th, 2006, 12:13 PM
LOL. I don't think that Sam's fans will like it ;)

ParadoxRealities
April 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM
LOL. I don't think that Sam's fans will like it ;)no, we probably won't:). but we seem to be getting a lot of wallpaper!sam lately, so i guess its the lesser of 2 evils.;)
To talk to, to solve some problems together...honestly, as much as i LIKE to see this, i doubt there will be any. can't really see sam beyond the "respectable professional distance" level with vala. she's very close-mouthed with her feelings. she may offer support to vala (like the scene they CUT), but i don't see a strong relationship forming anytime soon. i'd like it, but i think its too early (also think TPTB would blow it). in fact, getting it this early seems a bit odd, actually. but maybe i'm picturing the wrong thing. ::stares at glass and wills it to be half full:: ::turns over glass so it will be half full:: ::gets totally soaked:: i NEED to stop doing that. would absolutly love some scenes/lines where vala tries to get a rise out of sam and sam shoots her down or brushes it off. also see a good number of sex jokes with sam as the butt (especially with daniel gone).

Formerhost
April 17th, 2006, 01:52 PM
no, we probably won't:). but we seem to be getting a lot of wallpaper!sam lately, so i guess its the lesser of 2 evils.;)honestly, as much as i LIKE to see this, i doubt there will be any. can't really see sam beyond the "respectable professional distance" level with vala. she's very close-mouthed with her feelings. she may offer support to vala (like the scene they CUT), but i don't see a strong relationship forming anytime soon. i'd like it, but i think its too early (also think TPTB would blow it). in fact, getting it this early seems a bit odd, actually. but maybe i'm picturing the wrong thing. ::stares at glass and wills it to be half full:: ::turns over glass so it will be half full:: ::gets totally soaked:: i NEED to stop doing that. would absolutly love some scenes/lines where vala tries to get a rise out of sam and sam shoots her down or brushes it off. also see a good number of sex jokes with sam as the butt (especially with daniel gone).

Do you have a crystal ball, so you can see what we're going to see in the summer and later? ;) Agree that it's too early for strong relationship, but they're definitely going to solve some problems together when they will have to.

ParadoxRealities
April 17th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Do you have a crystal ball, so you can see what we're going to see in the summer and later? ;) Agree that it's too early for strong relationship, but they're definitely going to solve some problems together when they will have to.i think they'll solve prodlems. not TOGETHER per say, but in a way that would make me say "look sam/vala!", more, look there's a problem, sam and vala (and daniel, teal'c...) are helping.

minigeek
April 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM
I'm using my hopeful side to predict that the writing team will want to have some fun with the (new) female/female dynamic again, something they haven't had much of since Janet left; accordingly they'll write in at least a few scenarios where Vala and Sam have to work together. I think they will do that. Because I think they have too much invested in the Vala character not to, and a lot of Vala's acceptance/believability/growth will have to come from how she's perceived by the rest of SG-1 (and how that grows from tolerance to some semblance of acceptance). Especially vis-a-vis Carter's character, as the only other 'female' lead. The writing team would have to be pretty dern dense not to see that for what it is. So I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about seeing a few of those sorts of scenarios occur in season ten. ;)

SunKrux
April 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I'm using my hopeful side to predict that the writing team will want to have some fun with the (new) female/female dynamic again, something they haven't had much of since Janet left; accordingly they'll write in at least a few scenarios where Vala and Sam have to work together. I think they will do that. Because I think they have too much invested in the Vala character not to, and a lot of Vala's acceptance/believability/growth will have to come from how she's perceived by the rest of SG-1 (and how that grows from tolerance to some semblance of acceptance). Especially vis-a-vis Carter's character, as the only other 'female' lead. The writing team would have to be pretty dern dense not to see that for what it is. So I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about seeing a few of those sorts of scenarios occur in season ten. ;)

Well said mini! I'm with you. :D

ParadoxRealities
April 19th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I'm using my hopeful side to predict that the writing team will want to have some fun with the (new) female/female dynamic again, something they haven't had much of since Janet left; accordingly they'll write in at least a few scenarios where Vala and Sam have to work together. I think they will do that. Because I think they have too much invested in the Vala character not to, and a lot of Vala's acceptance/believability/growth will have to come from how she's perceived by the rest of SG-1 (and how that grows from tolerance to some semblance of acceptance). Especially vis-a-vis Carter's character, as the only other 'female' lead. The writing team would have to be pretty dern dense not to see that for what it is. So I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about seeing a few of those sorts of scenarios occur in season ten. ;)good point, maybe it'll work!! kinda hoping they might od it for SAM'S development too though. not just 'cuz vala needs to be approved 'cuz she's now the star of the show. but i take what i can get, just hope they don't OVER play them. i sense some seriously OC moments for sam in the future if they do. <thinks: TPTB writing meaningful F/F scenes. ...thinks: locker room ...thinks: oy.>

Agent_Dark
April 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I'll take a Sam/Vala locker room scene :P

ForeverSg1
April 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM

I'm telling Janet! :samanime24:

valaCB
April 23rd, 2006, 12:59 AM
She's dead :tealcanime22:
Vala isn't ;)

ParadoxRealities
April 23rd, 2006, 04:33 AM
She's dead :tealcanime22:
Vala isn't ;)I'M TELLING THOR!

and jack. bwhahahaha.

but honestly, that's probably what's going to happen. sad how well we can predict those guys. deep and meaningful=locker room.

Agent_Dark
April 23rd, 2006, 04:43 AM
I'M TELLING THOR!

and jack. bwhahahaha.

but honestly, that's probably what's going to happen. sad how well we can predict those guys. deep and meaningful=locker room.
Hey, Sam/Teal'c had a deep and meaningful locker room scene ;)

ParadoxRealities
April 23rd, 2006, 05:17 AM
Hey, Sam/Teal'c had a deep and meaningful locker room scene ;)yep. so did jack and teal'c. thats my point. of course, with this one, i doubt they'll be "fully clothed".

EDIT: your sig is the best thing ever.

Formerhost
April 25th, 2006, 10:42 AM
3 nice hi-res DVD Sam and Vala from Beachhead screencaps :)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Farscapefan/SG1_S9V2_E-156.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Farscapefan/SG1_S9V2_E-158.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Farscapefan/SG1_S9V2_E-160.jpg

Aeryn/Vala
April 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM

Thanks! Great caps

scarimor
April 26th, 2006, 02:29 PM
She won't mind. Really:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/scarimor/sliceshipanim2.gif

ValaMalduran
May 3rd, 2006, 02:35 PM

Wow, these are great. How come I've missed them before. :tealcanime49:

Thank you!

A.

Trek_Girl42
May 8th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Great caps Formerhost!

In would love to see a Vala/Sam friendship begin to develop next season- there's so much potential there. They both could use a female friend, since neither really seem to have any.:sam: :vala:

lissa1000
May 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I can see Sam and Vala going off world and having some wild adventure then coming back drunk saying "what, we didn't do anything." By the way,are there any Sam/Vala buddy fanfics?

valaCB
May 8th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I can see Sam and Vala going off world and having some wild adventure then coming back drunk saying "what, we didn't do anything." By the way,are there any Sam/Vala buddy fanfics?
Sound a good story :valaanime06: :sam49:

ForeverSg1
May 8th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I'm sure everyone has already seen this article already, but I really enjoyed these excerpts...

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6332083.html?display=Top+Stories

It's starting to drizzle, so Tapping commandeers a golf cart and volunteers to chauffeur fellow cast member, newbie Claudia Black (of Sci Fi's former series Farscape), who hops in to ride shotgun. The contrast is striking — the long, dark-haired Black and the blonde, blue-eyed Tapping. Someone else offers to drive but Tapping shoos them away. “I know how to operate this thing,” she says, then grins and races off.

Despite grey skies, the mood on set is understandably jubilant and relaxed.

<snip>

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”

She said she's enjoying season 10 immensely, after a numbing season nine — a year of returning to the set only weeks after giving birth to her daughter, feeding on demand, and oftentimes finding herself up at 4 a.m., memorizing her famously complex lines.

I really have to say that I was really pleased to read the above paragraph regarding Amanda and Claudia, because it really seemed to show them as getting along well and hopefully there isn't the same kind of animosity on the set as there appears to be amongst the different groups of fans. I'm sure last year Amanda felt really out of place when she returned after maternity leave and like she said in the article season nine was a numbing year for her and I can only expect that Claudia will be experiencing a lot of the same issues this year; so it's really nice to think that they have someone to share their new motherhood experiences with on the set.

I admit I'm probably not one of Vala's biggest supporters, but I do try to believe that the writers will redeem her and write in her a positive way that will allow me to care for her more; because I do genuinely like Claudia and for that reason alone I really do want to like Vala. I just hope that the fans don't take things personally this year the way they did last year when Amanda returned from her maternity leave and say hateful things about Claudia. Because in the end, regardless of who we like more, Amanda or Claudia, they are merely actresses trying to do a job to the best of their ability.

I just hope the writer's are willing to give both actresses scripts where they will be able to flex their acting muscles and really add more dimension to their characters. I think the amount of wonderful Vala/Sam interaction is only limited by the imaginations of the Stargate writers; and hopefully they will recognize both actress are so much more talented and deserving than to be used as just a pretty face this season.

the dancer of spaz
May 9th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I'm sure everyone has already seen this article already, but I really enjoyed these excerpts...

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6332083.html?display=Top+Stories

It's starting to drizzle, so Tapping commandeers a golf cart and volunteers to chauffeur fellow cast member, newbie Claudia Black (of Sci Fi's former series Farscape), who hops in to ride shotgun. The contrast is striking — the long, dark-haired Black and the blonde, blue-eyed Tapping. Someone else offers to drive but Tapping shoos them away. “I know how to operate this thing,” she says, then grins and races off.

Despite grey skies, the mood on set is understandably jubilant and relaxed.

<snip>

Tapping laughs, “We're jumping sharks all over the place today.”

She said she's enjoying season 10 immensely, after a numbing season nine — a year of returning to the set only weeks after giving birth to her daughter, feeding on demand, and oftentimes finding herself up at 4 a.m., memorizing her famously complex lines.

I really have to say that I was really pleased to read the above paragraph regarding Amanda and Claudia, because it really seemed to show them as getting along well and hopefully there isn't the same kind of animosity on the set as there appears to be amongst the different groups of fans. I'm sure last year Amanda felt really out of place when she returned after maternity leave and like she said in the article season nine was a numbing year for her and I can only expect that Claudia will be experiencing a lot of the same issues this year; so it's really nice to think that they have someone to share their new motherhood experiences with on the set.

I admit I'm probably not one of Vala's biggest supporters, but I do try to believe that the writers will redeem her and write in her a positive way that will allow me to care for her more; because I do genuinely like Claudia and for that reason alone I really do want to like Vala. I just hope that the fans don't take things personally this year the way they did last year when Amanda returned from her maternity leave and say hateful things about Claudia. Because in the end, regardless of who we like more, Amanda or Claudia, they are merely actresses trying to do a job to the best of their ability.

I just hope the writer's are willing to give both actresses scripts where they will be able to flex their acting muscles and really add more dimension to their characters. I think the amount of wonderful Vala/Sam interaction is only limited by the imaginations of the Stargate writers; and hopefully they will recognize both actress are so much more talented and deserving than to be used as just a pretty face this season.

Thanks so much for posting this! :D I thought the same thing. I've been incredibly clear about my issues with the way Vala has been written, but I think Claudia Black is a class act, so seeing her and Amanda Tapping doing something as miniscule - yet spontaneous - as driving in a go cart together from Point A to Point B gives me some hope.

The writers can do (or not do, as the case apparently will be) whatever they want to Sam and Vala's potential relationship. It's the real life status of the actors that I always worry about, and considering both women were on set as The Sole Female at separate times, I'm hoping for some future behind-the-scenes action that shows us how the two actors have bonded with the doubled (or quadrupled) estrogen floating around. I think their onscreen and offscreen chemistry could really be fun to watch, if they give the two the opportunity and us a chance to see it.

And amen to the pretty faces statement! These two actresses, and the two on Atlantis, are so much more than that. If they give them ALL the chance to expand on their characters, the quality of the character development and the episodes would increase tenfold, I'm sure.

ValaMalduran
May 9th, 2006, 01:49 AM
farscapism took this cap from a new S10 preview.

http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=9831.0

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/zatguns_480x270.jpg

A.

scarimor
May 9th, 2006, 03:19 AM

Thank you for posting the that pic, ValaMalduran :)

Aeryn/Vala
May 9th, 2006, 08:59 AM

[http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/zatguns_480x270.jpg

A.

This is what I wanna see in season 10!! Sam and Vala working together :D!!

Trek_Girl42
May 9th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks for posting the pic! I am getting so insanely excited for he new season!
And it's great to see the two ladies of SG-1 fighting side by side.:sam: :vala:

the dancer of spaz
May 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Thank you for posting the that pic, ValaMalduran :)

Yep! Thanks for that! :D

ValaMalduran
May 9th, 2006, 03:41 PM
You're all welcome.

A.

chocdoc
May 11th, 2006, 05:43 PM

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/zatguns_480x270.jpg

A.

Thanks for posting this, ValaMalduran! I look forward to Sam and Vala kicking some butt together in season 10! I really hope the writers can do these two characters (and actresses) justice by giving them some really good interaction together!!

Agent_Dark
May 11th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Ooo, is there a link to the preview that its capped from?

valaCB
May 11th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Ooo, is there a link to the preview that its capped from?
Here you go https://www.farscapism.com/

Myrth
May 12th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Something like this AD? ;)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gateworld/samvala.jpg

Agent_Dark
May 12th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Here you go https://www.farscapism.com/
Thanks! :)

Agent_Dark
May 12th, 2006, 01:25 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo! :D

FooledAgain
May 12th, 2006, 03:24 AM

oooooooooo.............HOT! ;)

*dreams about a spin off with Vala and Sam as main characters...* :)

:vala09: :samanime24:

scarimor
May 12th, 2006, 03:32 AM

: sharing in the dream : Sam and Vala, cruising the stars...

ValaMalduran
May 12th, 2006, 04:00 AM

*snicker* :jack_new_anime07:

Count me in. :valaanime03: :samanime15:

A.

valaCB
May 27th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Amanda interview http://www.gateworld.net/articles/interviews/tapping04.shtml

Go girls!!! :cool:

scarimor
May 27th, 2006, 08:01 AM
You just beat me to it, valaCB :D

Aeryn/Vala
May 27th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Count me in. :valaanime03: :samanime15:

A.
Me too! :D

Thanks! :D

ValaMalduran
May 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM

Thanks a lot for the interview.

The guys are buddy-buddy and the women don't like each other. We said from the outset we do not want that.

Definitely my favorite part. It's such a cliché.

A.

scarimor
May 27th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Definitely my favorite part. It's such a cliché.

Hear hear. That's was the one thing I was wary of re. Vala being a regular - that the writers might make the two females antagonists, just because. I'm so glad to hear that AT and CB are opposed to that.

ValaMalduran
May 27th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Hear hear. That's was the one thing I was wary of re. Vala being a regular - that the writers might make the two females antagonists, just because. I'm so glad to hear that AT and CB are opposed to that.

I'm sure a lot of actresses would prefer to have their characters be friends/good colleagues instead of anatagonists for the sake of antagonism.
Many of them get along very well behind the scenes, so why not in front of the camera?

A.

ParadoxRealities
May 27th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I'm sure a lot of actresses would prefer to have their characters be friends/good colleagues instead of anatagonists for the sake of antagonism.
Many of them get along very well behind the scenes, so why not in front of the camera?

A.that's what AT and TR did. really fought for it, apparently. worked great then.:)

maxbo
May 27th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Great interview. I especially love how AT and CB have their own plan of derailing any potential plans to have Sam and Vala written as two women at each other's throats. How boring and all too predictable.

I can't wait to see AT and CB use non-verbal cues to show Sam and Vala's respect for each other. After enough of these little scenes, TPTB should be forced to really write for these two characters and not try to box them in with tired, predictable clichéd writing.

jckfan55
May 27th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Great interview. I especially love how AT and CB have their own plan of derailing any potential plans to have Sam and Vala written as two women at each other's throats. How boring and all too predictable.

I can't wait to see AT and CB use non-verbal cues to show Sam and Vala's respect for each other. After enough of these little scenes, TPTB should be forced to really write for these two characters and not try to box them in with tired, predictable clichéd writing.
Maybe AT and CB are teaming up to protect both their characters in that sea of testosterone... :sam:

ParadoxRealities
May 27th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe AT and CB are teaming up to protect both their characters in that sea of testosterone... :sam:i think sam (and vala, briefly) did quite well on their own, actually.;)

cross posted from Samanda:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5334943&postcount=40338

maxbo
May 27th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Maybe AT and CB are teaming up to protect both their characters in that sea of testosterone... :sam:

Based on what a struggle it appears to be to get TPTB to write scenes where the female characters in the Stargate universe interact meaningfully, I don't blame them for being protective of their characters. If they can influence the writers to really write for their characters, then everyone benefits, the actors and the viewers.

Myrth
May 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I think it's going to be fun to watch Amanda & Claudia's chemistry. They both have such strength behind their craft and their natural personalities are complimentary from what I can see. I think what comes out on screen will be very fun to watch... :)

NotAscended
May 29th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Based on what a struggle it appears to be to get TPTB to write scenes where the female characters in the Stargate universe interact meaningfully, I don't blame them for being protective of their characters. If they can influence the writers to really write for their characters, then everyone benefits, the actors and the viewers.

I'm excited to hear that both actors are standing up for their characters and are injecting a friendship into their characterizations in every little detail. Until I read Amanda's interview and was so happy to read that, I hadn't realized how much I miss seeing bonding among the female characters. We saw some of that with Sam and Lt. Hailey, but now I'm really looking forward to seeing that kind of friendship among female main characters. :vala: :sam:

ParadoxRealities
May 29th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm excited to hear that both actors are standing up for their characters and are injecting a friendship into their characterizations in every little detail. Until I read Amanda's interview and was so happy to read that, I hadn't realized how much I miss seeing bonding among the female characters. We saw some of that with Sam and Lt. Hailey, but now I'm really looking forward to seeing that kind of friendship among female main characters. :vala: :sam:and sam and janet. AT and TR did so well together (and were such great friends), lets hope we get that again!!

the dancer of spaz
May 29th, 2006, 11:40 PM

I think that's exactly what's going on. :)

valaCB
June 26th, 2006, 06:29 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/tayson/photo09.jpg

scarimor
June 26th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Indeed :D

Gate gal
June 26th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Hi! I'm new here. I, too, am very glad AT and CB are fighting for the friendship angle with their characters. I was really worried about CB joining the cast. She is a great actress, and I have been a fan of hers since her Farscape days. However, I didn't want her to come in and usurp AT's position. I am so relieved that that's not going to happen. The show has been missing that friendship element since TR left. Maybe season 10 will give that back. I'd love to see Sam and Vala in a situation like Hathor where only the women can save the day.

Myrth
June 26th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I decided to hack the new promo ad to bits and came up with this :)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gateworld/colonelthief.jpg

ValaMalduran
June 27th, 2006, 12:54 AM
:jack_new_anime07: :weiranime17:

Bring on S10!

A.

scarimor
June 27th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Hey, "The Colonel and the Thief" might spring some fanfic plot-bunnies :)

Myrth
June 27th, 2006, 03:24 AM
That thought did cross my mind. I recall a conversation about Space Pirates with AD and I think it came from that. I was thinking fic archive ;)

Hey, "The Colonel and the Thief" might spring some fanfic plot-bunnies :)

Agent_Dark
June 27th, 2006, 04:19 AM
I'm up for some Space Pirate fic :sam: :vala:

Myrth
June 27th, 2006, 05:12 AM
The adventures of "The Colonel & The Thief - Space Pirate Empire"

Oooh that sounds like fun!! :sam59::samanime27:

I'm up for some Space Pirate fic :sam: :vala:

scarimor
June 27th, 2006, 05:20 AM
The adventures of "The Colonel & The Thief - Space Pirate Empire"

Oooh that sounds like fun!! :sam59::samanime27:
Hey Myrth, Sam and Vala both feature as space pirates in my lil AU Janet ficlet that grew out of Dr Who title drabbles:

http://kishin001.livejournal.com/tag/janet-fraiser-space-pirate

(note the rating - don't want you to get a "surprise" in part 9 ;))

Myrth
June 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Honey nothing surprises me [evil grin] Watch me run off to read!! :)

Hey Myrth, Sam and Vala both feature as space pirates in my lil AU Janet ficlet that grew out of Dr Who title drabbles:

http://kishin001.livejournal.com/tag/janet-fraiser-space-pirate

(note the rating - don't want you to get a "surprise" in part 9 ;))

valaCB
June 27th, 2006, 09:35 AM

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gateworld/colonelthief.jpg
Very nice, i like it and also your Sam/Vala sig :jack_new_anime07: :zelenka25:

valaCB
July 10th, 2006, 11:05 PM
The beauty of this show :)
Pic from a new episode, season 10!!!

http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/images/sg/ep/s10/1004/imagepages/image2.html
http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/images/sg/ep/s10/1004/images/SG10-04-0005.jpg

Aeryn/Vala
July 11th, 2006, 02:32 AM

Thanks! Can't wait to see them together!!

scarimor
July 11th, 2006, 03:53 AM

ooooooh thank you! :)

ValaMalduran
July 11th, 2006, 04:56 AM

:P

Thank you!

A.

chocdoc
July 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to see them together!!

Me either! I think the potential for the interaction between these two characters is immense. I hope the writers take advantage of it. They did a good job with Sam and Janet -- hopefully this relationship will be good as well (and of course in a very different way).

Farscapefan
July 12th, 2006, 08:40 AM
From TV Zone Special #71:

The Buddy System. For the past nine years, Samantha Carter has been the only woman on the SG-1 team. How does she feel now that Vala has come on board? Certainly not how some people might expect. "From the get-go, Claudia and I decided to make the relationship between Sam and Vala a good one," says Tapping. "It would be too easy to make them *****y instead, why not make them buddies? They do it with guys all the time, right? The secret handshakes, the special code; it's OK, they're buddies. You never see that with women. So Claudia and I are determined that our two characters are going to be buddies. That's what we've been working towards and it's happening. Yes, Sam and Vala have totally opposite ways of doing things, but they can respect one another and what they each have to offer to the team. From Sam's perspective, I think more often than not she looks at this woman, rolls her eyes and says to herself, 'Oh, boy, here we go again'. But she's also starting to find Vala kind of amusing, which is important, otherwise she'd just be annoying to Sam, and that wouldn't be any fun for either of them or me and Claudia, and especially not the audience."

Aeryn/Vala
July 12th, 2006, 08:50 AM

The Buddy System. For the past nine years, Samantha Carter has been the only woman on the SG-1 team. How does she feel now that Vala has come on board? Certainly not how some people might expect. "From the get-go, Claudia and I decided to make the relationship between Sam and Vala a good one," says Tapping. "It would be too easy to make them *****y instead, why not make them buddies? They do it with guys all the time, right? The secret handshakes, the special code; it's OK, they're buddies. You never see that with women. So Claudia and I are determined that our two characters are going to be buddies. That's what we've been working towards and it's happening. Yes, Sam and Vala have totally opposite ways of doing things, but they can respect one another and what they each have to offer to the team. From Sam's perspective, I think more often than not she looks at this woman, rolls her eyes and says to herself, 'Oh, boy, here we go again'. But she's also starting to find Vala kind of amusing, which is important, otherwise she'd just be annoying to Sam, and that wouldn't be any fun for either of them or me and Claudia, and especially not the audience."

Thanks!

ValaMalduran
July 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM

Bought the magazine today (foreign mags are going to be my financial death some day :rolleyes: ) and it's great to read that they try to break the mold.

A.

Aeryn/Vala
July 12th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Bought the magazine today (foreign mags are going to be my financial death some day :rolleyes: ) and it's great to read that they try to break the mold.

A.

Was it a big newsagent?? Dunno why I can't find these mags in Berlin!! Ok, I just checked one newsagent but....*sigh*

ValaMalduran
July 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Was it a big newsagent?? Dunno why I can't find these mags in Berlin!! Ok, I just checked one newsagent but....*sigh*

Yes, it was a shop of MORAWA, which is the magazine (and book) store in Austria.
Newsagetnts at train stations tend to have a good sortiment. And is there a Virgin Megastore or WOM in Berlin?

A.

Aeryn/Vala
July 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Yes, it was a shop of MORAWA, which is the magazine (and book) store in Austria.
Newsagetnts at train stations tend to have a good sortiment. And is there a Virgin Megastore or WOM in Berlin?

A.

No WOM but there should be a Virgin at the above mentioned central station! :D

Trek_Girl42
July 12th, 2006, 11:21 AM
That is GREAT news! This has to be the relationship I am most looking forward to seeing develop in season ten. :vala: :sam:

ParadoxRealities
July 15th, 2006, 11:26 PM
That is GREAT news! This has to be the relationship I am most looking forward to seeing develop in season ten. :vala: :sam:yes! i just saw the premiere (starting to trust Vala a bit more). they could definatly be magic together (maybe even like, develop sam? ...just a tiny bit?) i want to see them together NOW!

...<pulls scari out of gutter by shirt collar> in a scene!!

...not THAT scene!

oh, lemme alone.

scarimor
July 16th, 2006, 03:56 AM

...not THAT scene!

oh, lemme alone.

snerk :D

ValaMalduran
July 27th, 2006, 12:46 AM
New pics:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/1005_6.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/1005_5.jpg

A.

the dancer of spaz
July 27th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Hehe, matching wardrobes. :P

Agent_Dark
July 27th, 2006, 12:57 AM
;);)

Uber
July 27th, 2006, 12:57 AM
New pics:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/1005_6.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/ValaMalduran/Stargate/1005_5.jpg

A.*squee*

:)

Farscapefan
July 27th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Yay!!! Beautiful pics! :sam: :vala:

SunKrux
July 27th, 2006, 10:11 AM
yes! i just saw the premiere (starting to trust Vala a bit more). they could definatly be magic together (maybe even like, develop sam? ...just a tiny bit?) i want to see them together NOW!

...not THAT scene!

oh, lemme alone.

Uh, don't you mean RE-develop Sam? Up until Amanda took maternity leave, I think that Sam was very developed and then she came back...and it's like the writers forgot what they had done with Sam up to that point. :rolleyes: ;) :D

the dancer of spaz
July 29th, 2006, 01:13 AM
:rolleyes: And evidently Sam and Vala have YET to speak to each other? What's up with that? :samanime15: :valaanime03:

Hybridbabe
August 2nd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Anyone else loved the bit about McKay during the briefing at Atlantis in PP?

McKay: *arguing with Cam* I'm just saying that the yield calculations are extremely tricky, if not borderline impossible.... You may need me.

Vala: *chuckles* Colonel Carter said as much.

Sam: *to Vala and cringes* Ooooooh, we weren't going to tell him that.

:sam: + :vala: = best gal pals :)

SunKrux
August 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM

McKay: *arguing with Cam* I'm just saying that the yield calculations are extremely tricky, if not borderline impossible.... You may need me.

I LOVED that bit! :lol: I finally got around to watching the eps last night (been busy) and missed it at first...so I had to rewind and watch it again. :D

Myrth
August 3rd, 2006, 12:09 AM
That was very very cute..... I'm looking forward to Sam & Vala with weaponry... :)

I LOVED that bit! :lol: I finally got around to watching the eps last night (been busy) and missed it at first...so I had to rewind and watch it again. :D

the dancer of spaz
August 3rd, 2006, 03:12 PM

That was a nice little bit that I had completely missed until the second time around. :p It's amazing how much lines hinge on the delivery. CB and AT were great with that tiny nod to a relationship of some kind. After Sam said that, if you watch Vala, she kinda looks down and mouths, "Sorry."