Vala Mal Doran/Sam Carter Friendship & Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Thank you, qasimjavid! That was exactly the joke I was going for. Apparently not everyone got it, though, as I actually got red-repped for my earlier post.
    Sorry, guess I didn't get the joke, hmmm, still don't. But I can't believe anyone would red ding you for something like that.

Have some green to make up for those who either are just plain mean, those who are just plain ignorant or just because.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Sorry, guess I didn't get the joke, hmmm, still don't. But I can't believe anyone would red ding you for something like that.

Have some green to make up for those who either are just plain mean, those who are just plain ignorant or just because.
      That's okay! I think the problem was that I forget that not everyone reads or posts in the same threads I do. In one of the S9 ep I had commented that I thought the character of Vala was being written as the "anti-Sam", as in the opposite of Sam in behavior and dialogue. It was not meant to be offensive, just a comment on how I thought the character was being written as differently as possible from Sam in order to differentiate the two women on the show and provide contrast for the characters. Obviously the person who dinged me did not understand what I meant.

But Quasim got what I meant with the anti-matter remark - matter and anti-matter colliding in old Star Trek eps always meant an explosion. I was referencing that old cliche. A little vaguely maybe...

Comment

Quasim
        After all this time you havent noticed that theres no 'U' ROFLMAO
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

That's okay! I think the problem was that I forget that not everyone reads or posts in the same threads I do. In one of the S9 ep I had commented that I thought the character of Vala was being written as the "anti-Sam", as in the opposite of Sam in behavior and dialogue. It was not meant to be offensive, just a comment on how I thought the character was being written as differently as possible from Sam in order to differentiate the two women on the show and provide contrast for the characters. Obviously the person who dinged me did not understand what I meant.

But Quasim got what I meant with the anti-matter remark - matter and anti-matter colliding in old Star Trek eps always meant an explosion. I was referencing that old cliche. A little vaguely maybe...
          Thanks for the explanation....I understood the Star Trek cliche, but I didn't realize you had ever referred to Vala as "Anti-Sam". Got it, finally.......my brain is beginning to resemble swiss cheese, more and more. Sad, very, sad.....
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            After all this time you havent noticed that theres no 'U' ROFLMAO
            It seems that I am unconciously determined to make you change it...sorry!!

Comment

It seems that I am unconciously determined to make you change it...sorry!!
              No probelm - maybe the Anti-Qasim is called Quasim
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I think it would be great if Sam and Vala got along well. It would probably really irritate Daniel, which could be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TracysTrails
                  I think Vala will have the same reaction she has to Daniel a lot of the time, that, "You're all serious and BORING, you need to LIGHTEN UP," reaction. Sam will probably just roll her eyes a lot at Vala and move on. Which is kind of a shame. What I'd LIKE to see is Sam finding in Vala someone she can talk to about having been a host, what it's like to be left with those memories and abilities, etc. Although Sam was host to a Tok'ra, I still think the two characters could find a common ground there.
                  exactly what i think (this's from Farscape also, mini-series )

"jirl power"
                  What exactly is that?
                  Jirl Power is Girls Power - its from Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                    exactly what i think (this's from Farscape also, mini-series )
                    Jirl Power is Girls Power - its from Farscape.
                    Considering this is a STARGATE forum an explanation in the first place would be nice
                    love Torri

Comment

Considering this is a STARGATE forum an explanation in the first place would be nice
                      Maybe she forgot or something...

Comment

Your right she does seem to think this is a CB appreciation forum
                        love Torri

Comment

Comment

Uh...Sam/Vala? Wtf, Sam's not even back yet...

Well, I predict with my crystal ball (if it's working) that Sam will aim her foot just right to send poor Vala flying away from Danny Boy. *cough* humour *cough*

Well, they'll probably be great five seconds friends or whatever.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              Uh...Sam/Vala? Wtf, Sam's not even back yet...

Well, I predict with my crystal ball (if it's working) that Sam will aim her foot just right to send poor Vala flying away from Danny Boy. *cough* humour *cough*

Well, they'll probably be great five seconds friends or whatever.
                              And that was supposed to be funny?

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                                Maybe she forgot or something...

Don't think she forgot, she just thinks the stargate universe revolves around Vala. Be glad when Sam is back and we can be back to the team.

As far as Sam and Vala, really don't see much interaction. They will probably find some way to chain Daniel and Vala together again.
                                Last edited by Rogue; 15 August 2005, 01:29 PM.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X