X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates to the SGC

If you could make updates to the SGC what would they be,
    mine would be a force field iris beneath the Titanium one, with a retractable floor so that if any jaffa actually forced their way through then they would fall and break their legs or even die. Also I would have the little orb weapons on the walls from the future when the Aschen make the stargate public and use it as a stargate port. they are not very powerful but if you could fill the walls with them then you wouldn't need any men in the gateroom because they would just shoot the crap out of the jaffa.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

See these threads:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...light=upgrades
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...light=upgrades
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

This must be a popular subject.

As for SGC upgrades, I would add a ton of Asgard technology. Add a forcefield around the SGC. Get rid of the elevators and use Asgard transporters instead.

Owen Macri

Comment

Why don't we get rid of the iris, and make an entire room outta trinium and make it liek a prison so everyone can come in, but are trapped and if we don't liek them, we cna kill em or something.

Comment

Because they might have weapons that can get past Trinium

The iris stops them rematerialising in the first place
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

exactly It stops things that the SGC wouldn't stand a chance against ... like bombs that could obliterate the planet or the solar system.

Comment

Put a few TAKUNITAGAMINITURON (teks) in the base, so instead of SGC personel running down to point guns at the gate everytime somebody dials in, we can just flick a switch turning on the teks when someone unwanted visits.

Also the elevators like in Atlantis. Shield iris. A shield that can surround the entire mountain complex in the event of when a quarrentine is needed. It would truly mean nobody can get in or out. Ummm, turn it from ugly military base gray into something really futuristicy lol.

Comment

wats a tek???
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                  wats a tek???
                  Originally posted by GateWorld
                  THE STARGATE OMNIPEDIA

TAKUNITAGAMINITURON
                  A Goa'uld automatic remote weapon, which senses motion and fires quick blasts of energy.

KEY EPISODE(S) -
                  Deadman Switch - O'Neill and Teal'c disable a group of taks that the Tok'ra Korra has set up to guard his hide-out.
                  They appear in the episode wher SG1 get captured by Aris Boch, a bounty hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                    Deadmans switch

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                      Originally posted by GateWorld
                      THE STARGATE OMNIPEDIA

TAKUNITAGAMINITURON
                      A Goa'uld automatic remote weapon, which senses motion and fires quick blasts of energy.

KEY EPISODE(S) -
                      Deadman Switch - O'Neill and Teal'c disable a group of taks that the Tok'ra Korra has set up to guard his hide-out.
                      Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      Deadmans switch
                      Thanks , i will watch that ep again

Comment

I'd remake the SGC in space.. way safer.. for example:
                        alien diseases.. no way they can get out.. replicators.. no way they can get out.. radiation comming trough the gate? we just eject the gate into space and wait for it to shut down. The gate exploding? again just eject it..

plus I'd redesign the place.. put the gate in an oval 2 story hall, surrounded by the controlroom ofcourse facing the gate and on the second level conference rooms and the observation lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Varrok
                          I'd remake the SGC in space.. way safer.. for example:
                          alien diseases.. no way they can get out.. replicators.. no way they can get out.. radiation comming trough the gate? we just eject the gate into space and wait for it to shut down. The gate exploding? again just eject it..

plus I'd redesign the place.. put the gate in an oval 2 story hall, surrounded by the controlroom ofcourse facing the gate and on the second level conference rooms and the observation lounge.
                          And what happens if the ori, remaining goa'uld or wraith were to ever attack the "space" SGC?? We'd be screwed. , i think the SGC being inside a mountain is protection enough from everything, if the base were to ever get contaminated with something just lock it down, set off the self-destruct and Walla! bye bye problem ( we'd just need to find new personel though )

Comment

the SGC can be under attack as much as a ship could be.. and if stuff gets too risky there is something as taking a ship into the ocean

and what if they were to self destruct the base.. you got MANY people wondering what that piece of mountain does in they backyard..

Comment

under ground on the moon protection and better secrecy build the base so ships can ues the gate via a tunnel, sheild irs, missle and energy turtets on the moon ship yard for bc-303s f-302s f-302 garrison and others
                              Alt+F4 is a Magical key!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X