captain keys
August 14th, 2005, 03:12 AM
if u could name a ship what would u call it :D

captain keys
August 14th, 2005, 03:33 AM
i would name one zuses

immhotep
August 14th, 2005, 04:00 AM
my would be athena, as everyone knows :D ; goddess of protection, warfare and wisdom sounds like a good name sake for the flagship of a fleet defending earth to me.

Lord §okar
August 14th, 2005, 04:32 AM
As much as I hate to continue the Greek ship name trend; Hyperion.

immhotep
August 14th, 2005, 04:45 AM
i think you need to resolve some issues with the ancient greeks, why dont you like thier names, the asgard have norse, the goauld have egyption/anything they choose,ancients have romen names, time for us to have a mythology of our own - and im glad that its greek cos greeks = great :)

Atlantis_Man
August 14th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Vengence
Belleraphon
Sindarin
Freelancer
Summersun
Chimera
Talyn
Raven

because I haven't thought of this too much

immhotep
August 14th, 2005, 05:14 AM
no shame, i wrote 7 pages on it :)

zer0_1
August 14th, 2005, 05:41 AM
the thesius or icarus
i like the 'us' ending tone, keeps with prometheus and daedalus

Lord §okar
August 14th, 2005, 05:47 AM
i think you need to resolve some issues with the ancient greeks, why dont you like thier names, the asgard have norse, the goauld have egyption/anything they choose,ancients have romen names, time for us to have a mythology of our own - and im glad that its greek cos greeks = great :)
The Asgard are Norse, the Goa'uld are ancient Egyptian, we are not ancient Greeks. I love Greek mythology, almost as much as Egyptian, but they're used too often and everyone on this thread posted a suggestion of a Greek gods' name.

EDIT: To the person who posted Chimaera: excellent, I like it.

nicedog
August 14th, 2005, 06:30 AM
min would be nike since he he is the god of far travel and trade

Starbase
all these threads get repeated over and over...Fifth Race had one in the main forum section just a few weeks ago asking the same exact thing :rolleyes:

nicedog
mine would be nike since he he is the god of far travel and trade

Auralis
August 14th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Gilgamesh, i like Gilgamesh

kirmit
August 14th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Firstly I have to say Oddysey is a great name for a ship, my choice wuld be the posidon (spelling?)

section31
August 14th, 2005, 10:11 AM
My ship of choise would be Frontier, since it would utilize the latest of earth technologies. Enterprise wouldn't be bad either, Jack would have loved that.

Eoin
August 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Hehe i have one.........

The Supercombobyalator

Colonel Sharp
August 14th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Acer (Sharp in Latin)
or
Pan

Atlantis_Man
August 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Well i think with the 'Road Builders' and the Roman being the ones introducing road network to modern western civilastion,

that associating Ancients with Roman/Greek mythology is a logical step

BTW - I missed out the Artemis! That would be cool, you know what Im call mine that! Shotgun

Sir Ruff
August 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Ilmarinen or Väinämöinen the last one being maybe a bit hard to pronounce for english people :D

These were the names of two finnish battleships during the finnish - russian war. (1939-1944) Back then they were lethal, well equipped and had the best technology of their time. These are both also characters from The Finnish National Epic Kalevala

http://www.schneeland.com/kuvat/geschichte/vainamoinen.jpg

This is Väinämöinen fighting the bad guys :p Doesn't he just look stargate god-ish :D

MarshAngel
August 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Artemis
Destiny
Gaia
Medusa

And as an ode to the Asgard: Thor

captain keys
August 14th, 2005, 05:21 PM
yeah we should name a ship thor the asgard named ships like the micheal jackson and the oniell.....i think it would be cool to have a ship called lokie :D

Eoin
August 14th, 2005, 05:27 PM
yeah we should name a ship thor the asgard named ships like the micheal jackson and the oniell.....i think it would be cool to have a ship called lokie :D
Whoaw :eek: Its the Daniel Jackson :p :D

captain keys
August 14th, 2005, 05:55 PM
yeah or the valik :D

MarshAngel
August 14th, 2005, 06:55 PM

That's a damn scary thought. Anything named after Michael Jackson is just plain wrong!
Although Loki did give us mini-Oneill I don't think we should name anything good after him since he did mess with our Oneill without permission and that's just unforgiveable. But I suppose we could name the bathrooms on the Thor after him. :D

captain keys
August 14th, 2005, 07:27 PM
lol...our ship members would be saying i need to go to the lokie :D :D :D

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I think the Enterprise would be a cool name, either that, or Voyager. Or my previous idea of naming it after all of my family members! Ya that one wins!

Owen Macri

captain keys
August 16th, 2005, 09:42 PM
jack would love that

Aetheris
August 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I would probably call anything not directly used for fighting, or used to keep the peace, the Serenity.

I would name a battlecruiser or simmiliar attack ship the Nemesis.

Hulabaloo
August 17th, 2005, 11:40 AM
The Generals Blown Up Ship

Just an idea.

captain keys
August 17th, 2005, 05:21 PM
id name another one the "venom"

Crazy Dino
August 18th, 2005, 01:56 AM
i would call 1 the pillar of autumn or amber clad (i'm addicted to halo 2 until i lost my disk so i cant play on xbox live with it with my mates )

captain keys
August 18th, 2005, 02:02 AM
or "north star"

captain keys
August 18th, 2005, 02:06 AM
or the "pioner"

gate_girl12
August 18th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I would name mine either "The patriot" or "The Phoenix" because everytime you think SG-1 are done for...they rise out of the ashes and kick ass.

captain keys
August 18th, 2005, 06:52 AM
thats true and good idea,id name another redwing or blackhawk

Simonthefurling
August 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
The Alarius - Which is latin for 'belonging to the wings of an army'. Which considering this is a military flying ship is very fitting :D

lethalfang
August 18th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Name a ship after Thor.
Then go up to Thor and tell him: "Thor, buddy! We named a ship after you, but unfortunately, it's a piece of garbage with no real weapons! You don't want a ship named Thor flying around the galaxies with no weapons, do you? That will ruin your rep as the Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet! You gotta fit a big hunkin' space gun on Thor, so the ship will finally fit its name! See, we earthings always have your best interest in mind!"

_Owen_
August 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Lol! That might work!

Owen Macri

Heisenberg
August 23rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
How about this...

Earth Ship: Facetious
Goa'uld Slayer Class
ODD-2812
"We Come in Peace and we expect to leave... in One Piece."

Jeffer
August 23rd, 2005, 10:22 AM
i would name it Biship maybe Gambit maybe Colossus

_Owen_
August 23rd, 2005, 10:22 AM
Lol, yes, that sounds good.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
I would name it the ark royal, prince of wales,queen elizabeth or The Harry Maybourne(most preferrable).

_Owen_
August 23rd, 2005, 02:14 PM
Lol, that was slightly random, the Harry Maybourne part, but allright.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 23rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
But Harry Maybourne is the coolest person on Stargate Sg1 lol.

Supreme Thor
August 23rd, 2005, 06:23 PM
Well, I hate to tute someone else's horn, but I'd call mine Thor's Hammer. :D

_Owen_
August 23rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
But Harry Maybourne is the coolest person on Stargate Sg1 lol.
Lol, it just seemed a little strange having The Prince of Wales, Queen Elisabeth, and Harry Maybourne in the same sentence. lol.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 24th, 2005, 02:48 AM
But King/Colonel Maybourne is the only person that makes offworld missions intresting.

Gargen
August 24th, 2005, 05:45 AM
id call mine Teh Sexiness but thats just me

Supreme Thor
August 24th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Lol, it just seemed a little strange having The Prince of Wales, Queen Elisabeth, and Harry Maybourne in the same sentence. lol.

Owen Macri
Nothing wrong with a Prince of Wales! <descendant> :D

_Owen_
August 24th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I didn't say there was anything wrong with the prince of wales, but I don't know if Harry Maybourne should be called king...

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 25th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Colonel Harry Maybourne was King of the primitive people in the eposide "its good to be king" in season 8.

_Owen_
August 27th, 2005, 09:49 PM
But he was only king because an Ancient "helped him."

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
August 27th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Sora I think it would make a great name for a Frigate, i just love her she is just so Hott

nimitz
August 28th, 2005, 03:05 AM
but he also helped them in other ways new watermills,better irrigation,writing(im taking this because they seemed to stupid to have a written language), numbers(also this because humanity only had a workable numerical system 500 years ago which would still have been more advanced than them).

jazz!
August 28th, 2005, 03:30 AM
why not a name that your enemies, who speak english would underestimate, like:

the earth vessel:

fluffy, cuddles, carebear; shnuggles, cwootsie

OR, little more serious,:

the earth battleship:

tenacious, raptor, striker; ; omnipetance; perseverance; preserver; abydos; vaccum; terminator?; ....and..on.. on...on

but he also helped them in other ways new watermills,better irrigation,writing(im taking this because they seemed to stupid to have a written language), numbers(also this because humanity only had a workable numerical system 500 years ago which would still have been more advanced than them).

He also taught them the phrase 'take 5' -

the earth ship maybourne doesn't sound tooooo bad :rolleyes:

nimitz
August 28th, 2005, 06:06 AM
I think it is the greatest name for a ship after The Hood.

captain keys
August 29th, 2005, 06:05 PM
a ship named after the hood that would sound demonic "this is the commander of the hood" its just rong

michael
August 30th, 2005, 09:02 AM
hercules
Apollo
Zeus
This is harder the i tought. :D

iLemon
August 30th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Kavanaugh! We need a ship named after him! :D :P

captain keys
September 2nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
we should name one after hammond

Col. Newman
September 5th, 2005, 01:20 PM
we should name one after hammondGood idea, but we still need one named after Sora :D

- Offical Sora Stalker :D

captain keys
September 5th, 2005, 02:01 PM
we cant name a ship after sora just cause shes hot?? ........never mind

Col. Newman
September 5th, 2005, 02:53 PM
we cant name a ship after sora just cause shes hot?? ........never mindand why not? :D

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
September 5th, 2005, 04:16 PM
My friend and I make ships out of lego, and the most recent and most advanced ship we made was essentially our idea for a third-generation battle cruiser for SG-1. We called it Odysseus. There were several other names we considered for it, though, I just can't remember them...

captain keys
September 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
and why not? :D

i was kidding thats y i said never mind. and i also make ships out of lego but the last about 4 seconds due to my little brother

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
September 5th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I hope I don't sound conceited, but we build our ships to a code that states that it can withstand a crash from being dropped from five feet or less in the air... We unfortunately have not yet been able to develop any large crafts that can abide by that code, although several of our smaller vessels can withstand a good deal of force.

jefferyb
September 7th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Cathrine after Cathrine Langford for without her all this would not be possible.

captain keys
September 8th, 2005, 10:05 AM
or the hammond i think that should be the battle ship

Col. Newman
September 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM
i was kidding thats y i said never mind. and i also make ships out of lego but the last about 4 seconds due to my little brotheryeah i know i just wanted to say it anyway

or the hammond i think that should be the battle shipwe should have a Battle Ship named the O'Neill (with 2 "L"s) lol

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 8th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Enterprise and Serenity
That's all I got right now

Wandering Tamer
September 8th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Minerva or Greyhaven. Those are good names. I'll be back with more soon.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
September 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Gantrathor

Judgement

Redemption

Ulysses

But instead of naming a ship, it should be a class of ship, eg: light attack class like a dart or something. so a heavy support ship would be a juggernaught.

Simonthefurling
September 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Gantrathor

Judgement

Redemption

Ulysses

But instead of naming a ship, it should be a class of ship, eg: light attack class like a dart or something. so a heavy support ship would be a juggernaught.

But there is already a ship called the Ulysses :P (http://www.irishferries.com/ulysses/index.shtml)

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
September 10th, 2005, 12:27 AM
ehhh,

my bad.

just keepin up with the whole greek mythology

Buzz
September 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Enterprise
Defiant
Valhalla
Hood
Fearless
Valiant
Janissary
Paladin
O'Neill
Thor
Sovereign
Atlantia
Columbia
Titan
Salaria
Venture
Trinculo
Challenger
Intrepid
Malinche
Scimitar
Bellerophon
Excelsior
Saladin
Akira
Thunderchild
Stargazer
Victory
Eagle
Excalibur
Farragut
Archon
Freedom
Independence
Concorde

theStormWeaver
September 20th, 2005, 08:23 PM
^ Those all sound like ep names^

The Orion

thats all i got. Oh yeah nameing a ship The Odyssey is STUPID, it should be called The Odysseus.

Franklyn Blaze
September 20th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I've always wanted to name a ship Einstein. More specifically the first ship that can go faster than the speed of light after the guy who said it wasn't possible. :D

newtrekker
September 20th, 2005, 10:55 PM
As what O'Niell wanted to call Prometheus, The Enterprise.

Wyrminarrd
September 20th, 2005, 11:29 PM
If I was naming a ship I´d propably name it after my self but then people of all other nations would have a hard time saying it right :(

sg-daniel
September 20th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Judgement

hehe, like the "Balance of Judgement" from Andromeda? :D :P

i would call it umm... also Enterprise lol or Voyager, Explorer, Journey ... something like that

Ascended Times.2
September 20th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Since i'm in the middle of writing a stargate book about it, I'd call my ship the:
Euclidean name of the guy who invented Geometry.

Den Sethos
September 21st, 2005, 04:10 AM
If we stick to the Greek-style names, we have about 12 names handy...

The 12 Titans:
Kronos (but that name is taken... And it was the name of an enemy...)
Hyperion
Mnemosyne
Okeanos
Koios
Iapetos
Kreios
Theia
Rhea
Phoibe
Tethys
Themis

We have the 4 Grand Gods:
Pontos
Uranos
Erebos
Eros

And my personal touch :D : Sheïtan...

SnoggingPicard
September 21st, 2005, 07:35 AM
The Rutherford; The Apollo; The Enterprise (!); The DaVinci; The Centurian; The Lollipop -- just cause I'd love to see the captain's face who gets stuck with that ship.

P-90_177
September 22nd, 2005, 04:34 AM
I personally think the 'Achilles' is a cool name... even if it is a greek tragedy.

lord_Jakub[SG-1]
September 22nd, 2005, 04:57 AM
i would name it Europa, because i'm european.. :) ..Ship may have european crew or international (something like expedition to Atlantis) :cool:

theStormWeaver
September 22nd, 2005, 08:14 AM
If we eliminated half the posts that suggested the Enterprise, or the Voyager, the Thread would fit on one page. Thats right all of you, you people are annoying and i'm saying that your wasting space. No one is listening to those of you who post such ridiculus, and overstated suggestions. I don't care if i get a red rep for this. Someone needs lay down the law. You may think your funny, or even that its a good idea, but your wrong.

True!Ancient
September 22nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
well an english ship would probly be called arthur,elizabeth,henry,merlin,london somethin stupid

dosed150
September 22nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
well an english ship would probly be called arthur,elizabeth,henry,merlin,london somethin stupid

we have good names for ships we hav at the moment invincible, ilustrious, ark royal, and some others our names rule

Cycrow
September 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM
i would prefer the Agamemnon :)

captain keys
September 22nd, 2005, 01:50 PM
If we eliminated half the posts that suggested the Enterprise, or the Voyager, the Thread would fit on one page. Thats right all of you, you people are annoying and i'm saying that your wasting space. No one is listening to those of you who post such ridiculus, and overstated suggestions. I don't care if i get a red rep for this. Someone needs lay down the law. You may think your funny, or even that its a good idea, but your wrong.
u no what i think is annoying ppl who come into a thread just to say how stupid they think it is just so they can post in that thread if u dont like it stay away!!!!! , and further more
since i posted this thread i like to read evry single post dont no about other ppl but thats what i like to do

Three PhDs
September 22nd, 2005, 01:50 PM
Mine would be the alkdhwednhkludfaf;asuf

captain keys
September 22nd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Mine would be the alkdhwednhkludfaf;asuf
what???

Three PhDs
September 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
what???
alkdhwednhkludfaf;asuf

nimitz
September 22nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Um, England does not own any warships, the UK does though.

captain keys
September 22nd, 2005, 04:18 PM
alkdhwednhkludfaf;asuf
nice name

Col. Newman
September 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
Um, England does not own any warships, the UK does though.Yes good point England is a province or something like that :D
I prefer to call the UK, Britain tho :D

Zekk
September 22nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Serberus(awsome)
Phoenix (theres somthin bout fire)
Ebon Hawk(kotor)
hammond(out of respect)
Europa(cool but can you name a ship out of 1 of jupiters moons)
Lilli pop (We are the Lilli pop kids :D HAHAHA :D )
And finally The Samantha Carter (:D Thats so hot :D)

captain keys
September 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
oooooooooooooo i got one the "awck"(a bird that doesnt fly)those ppl who have seen october sky will no what i mean

Den Sethos
September 23rd, 2005, 12:23 AM
Why not the Moya?

And is it me or is spelling going to Hell in a hand-cart?

Zekk
September 23rd, 2005, 03:57 PM
A few more. :D
The Wraithanator.(Muahahahahahah :D )
The Black Moon(A Really cool stelth ship)
The Teal'c(He would smile :D )
The Shocker(Wow thats a shocker)
The Revan(rAEvan not rAYvan)
And on The lilli from my last post here, it was supposed to be Lolli :o My bad.

Vondracos
September 23rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
My own original names:

THe Maliganthus
The Ostroticus
The Vondracos
The Kraterus
The Darkhonis
The Zarus
The Longenus

Unoriginal names:

The Ecthelion Wrath

captain keys
September 24th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Why not the Moya?

And is it me or is spelling going to Hell in a hand-cart?
thats a good name *calling the uss moya...... come in moya* hehehehehehe

theStormWeaver
September 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
u no what i think is annoying ppl who come into a thread just to say how stupid they think it is just so they can post in that thread if u dont like it stay away!!!!! , and further more
since i posted this thread i like to read evry single post dont no about other ppl but thats what i like to do

Thats not what i meant, i only thought that you created this thread because you wanted know what people thought would be good ideas. You wanted serious suggestions, i thought. I think the thread is a great idea, and there are lots of good ideas, most are in fact. Its just that i go to the end of the thread each time looking to see the ideas and i have to go back like three pages and scroll through fifty people suggesting the Enterprise and the Voyager. If they even read the first page they would realise that ten people suggested the Enterprise and Voyager on that page alone. You talk about people posting on a thread just to talk smack and get another post. Those people came here as soon as they saw the nameing a ship title and thought it would be hilarious to say "I would name it The Enterprise!! that would be awesome!!", even worse, some were serious, and thought it was a good idea to show a complete lack of creativity in suggesting it.

THE ONE AND ONLY
September 24th, 2005, 04:05 PM
The Hammond
Asskicker
The Emmerich
The Devastator
Hyperion
The Welles
The Smackdown

DeltaEagle
September 24th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Somebody should have come up with 'Jihad' by now.
'Mjölnir' (Thor's Hammer) doesn't sound easy, unless we're gonna have Swedish/Norwegian/Danish crew fly her. And the Asgard fleet must be using that name.
I'd say go with adjectives - i.e. 'Invincible', 'Formidable', etc. - because it's culturally neutral even though British Royal Navy has a knack for it.
'Enterprise' couldn't be an option before because the US Navy has CVN-65 Enterprise still in service. You don't double the name, you succeed it.

Den Sethos
September 25th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Well, you could add the Sleipnir (Thor's eight-legged horse) if you're going for Nordish names.
There is the Siegfried, the Alberich. But they are masculine names, so it wouldn't do for English-speaking armies.

What about the Zelbinion? Or Talinn?

And I am sure it has been proposed, but wouldn't Janet Fraiser deserve her ship?

theStormWeaver
September 25th, 2005, 10:48 AM
The Agamemnon
The Hector
The Arch-Angel
Seraphim
Cherubim
The Argo
The Kratos :D
The Spartan

captain keys
September 25th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Thats not what i meant, i only thought that you created this thread because you wanted know what people thought would be good ideas. You wanted serious suggestions, i thought. I think the thread is a great idea, and there are lots of good ideas, most are in fact. Its just that i go to the end of the thread each time looking to see the ideas and i have to go back like three pages and scroll through fifty people suggesting the Enterprise and the Voyager. If they even read the first page they would realise that ten people suggested the Enterprise and Voyager on that page alone. You talk about people posting on a thread just to talk smack and get another post. Those people came here as soon as they saw the nameing a ship title and thought it would be hilarious to say "I would name it The Enterprise!! that would be awesome!!", even worse, some were serious, and thought it was a good idea to show a complete lack of creativity in suggesting it.
i created this theard to see what ppl wanted to name a ship if fifty ppl want to name a ship a certant name they have that right

Zekk
September 25th, 2005, 10:54 AM
The Arch-Angel
As in Gundam Seed ;) Heh heh :p

theStormWeaver
September 26th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I never watched Gundam Seed, saw Wing and G-Gundam tho.

Anyways....

The Siren (or better yet, three ships named after the different Sirens)
The Alpheron
The Mariner
The Hemmingway
The Ceaser
The Alexander
The Washington
The Jefferson
The Churchill
The Attila
The Alamo (some kind of super battlestation ship)
The Michaelangelo
The Raphael
The Danetelo
The DaVinci
The Plato
The Aristotle
The Socrates
The Sparticas
The Archimedes
The Mozart
The Beethoven
The Icarus
The Teresa
The Quincy Adams
The Lincoln
The Matlock

ChancePhoenix
September 26th, 2005, 08:13 PM
"Frank" that or "The Indomitable Advocardo". Has a regal air to it, don't ya think?

SlytherinGal
September 26th, 2005, 08:40 PM
if i had a ship or if i could name a ship, i would prolly name it:

'Pegasus' :D
'Orion'
'Apollo'
'Starbuck'
'The Invulnerable'

Cycrow
September 27th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Yes good point England is a province or something like that :D
I prefer to call the UK, Britain tho :D

England is a country
and UK and Britian are 2 differnet things :P

Zekk
September 27th, 2005, 07:18 AM
I never watched Gundam Seed, saw Wing and G-Gundam tho.
then if your intrested in gundam. watch seed bcus (Techwise) its much more realistic. the Freedom is great.....(wish I had one :D )

Den Sethos
September 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
While we are in AnimeLand...
Alucard, Integra, Seras, Alita, Sechs, Elf, Zwölf, Nova, Mü, Aldebaran, Saga, Canon, Death Mask, Aiolia, Shaka, Milo, Doko, Aiolos, Shura, Camus, Aphrodite. And the Den...

And while we go on to literature...
Hastur, Cthulhu, Tsatogghua, Nyoghta, Nyarlathotep, Yig, Shub-Niggurath, Aldones, Donblas, Elric, Stormbringer, Mournblade...

plaw15
September 27th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Mine would be named the Olympad.

Metarock Sam
September 27th, 2005, 12:38 PM
How about the Mighty Sam. Sounds good to me :D

Zekk
September 27th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Heh heh :p gess i got off topic :o .
Anyways The names they will never use :D
Enterprise(copyright)
Pookie(just wrong)
Luukie(Lets Snot do that... :p )
Oprah(Remember Teal'c Hahahaha)
The Pooh (Disterbing)
And the Bronx(Just dont sound right)

Well thats the names they will never use for a ship. hay who threw that tamato. :D

solar wind
September 27th, 2005, 08:14 PM
What about: The Obelisk
It's actually like a standing stone, history marker thing. But the thought came from the Asterix and Obelix comics. And the only thing those little people were scared of was that the sky was gonna fall.

SmallTimePerson
September 27th, 2005, 08:54 PM
nobody thought of "the bob" or "pants".
and just for stormweaver enterprise and voyager.

Zekk
September 28th, 2005, 06:33 AM
More names they will never ever ever ever use :cool:

voyager.(Just stupid, and copyright)
The Obelisk. (Bcus earth ships are based on greek names)
pants,the bob(Sounds to much like sponge bob square pants.)(a stupid sponge that cooks burgers at the botom of the ocean :rolleyes: )
The Wheir(Just weierd :D )

And more fun in Anime land :p
The bulma. ;)
The Naruto(A really cool ship that can generate holograms that make one ship look like a thousand, A.K.A. Shadow clonejutsu :p )
The Goku(an invincable warship :D )
The Vegeta( a Royal ship, Vegeta was a prince)
The Lain, (A hacker ship :D )
The Shadow dragon(a stealth ship,with a bite :p )
The Gohan(A mini Goku :rolleyes: )

And hows that. :D

solar wind
September 28th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Come on you have to admit that Obelisk is a cool name. Besides no one ever said they couldn't name them anything other than grecian.
The Goku, wouldn't that be a convenient ship to have.
The technology for the Naruto is a sweet idea.

Zekk
September 28th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Come on you have to admit that Obelisk is a cool name. Besides no one ever said they couldn't name them anything other than grecian.
The Goku, wouldn't that be a convenient ship to have.
The technology for the Naruto is a sweet idea.
Ok Ill give in to the Obelisk :rolleyes: , Naruto is a suuper sweet idea :p , and I guess Goku would be to much :D

Brigadier General Pants
September 28th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Agape - "The Ship Of Love"

So we could have a Space Love Boat...

Zekk
September 28th, 2005, 07:24 PM
How about The noriontra or...or the fundameekal. :D

captain keys
September 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
i think that we shud name a ship ethom (not shure about the spelling) cause he was the bird who ate prommie's liver or something like that

Zekk
September 29th, 2005, 02:32 PM
i think that we shud name a ship ethom (not shure about the spelling) cause he was the bird who ate prommie's liver or something like that
That would be an Ori ship:D :D :D :D :D

Col. Newman
September 29th, 2005, 03:33 PM
i think that we shud name a ship ethom (not shure about the spelling) cause he was the bird who ate prommie's liver or something like thatthey already are going to name a ship that read it on gateworld somewhere think it's spelled "ethon"

solar wind
September 29th, 2005, 08:44 PM
That would be an Ori ship:D :D :D :D :D
Right along the lines of what I was thinking.
Cause why would we want to eat the liver out of our own ship:eek:

SaberBlade
September 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
from the top of my head

Homer
Enterprise
Aragorn
Dunadan
Thor (wouldn't the asgard be surprised)
Vidar (another asgard name. god of silence, stealth, and revenge)
Phoenix
Deathstar

Futura
September 29th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I would name:

A battleship:
- The Nimitz
- The Phoenix
- Dallas
- Helios (Greek name for, God of the Sun)

Other ship names:
- California
- Poena (Greek name for, Goddess of Punishment)
- Terminus (Roman name for, Guardian of Boundaries)
- Ares (Greek name for, God of War)
- Aether (Greek name for, God of Light)

:D Because I haven't thought of this too much (hehehe) :p

SmallTimePerson
September 30th, 2005, 03:55 AM
pants,the bob(Sounds to much like sponge bob square pants.)(a stupid sponge that cooks burgers at the botom of the ocean :rolleyes: )
well, i didn't get it off that. Pants was from a thread that your replaced a word in a quote with pants. And bob is from what i tell everyone my name is when i'm in a "i can't be bothered" mood

dosed150
September 30th, 2005, 08:12 AM
they shud name them after famous battleships or sea battles what about trafalgar for a british crwed shgip that wud annoy the french or name them after famous war leaders like wellinton or washington although i think the brits shud follow the ww2 tank name tradition us civil war generals

Col. Newman
September 30th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Right along the lines of what I was thinking.
Cause why would we want to eat the liver out of our own ship:eek:no it's a Human Ship

captain keys
October 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
they already are going to name a ship that read it on gateworld somewhere think it's spelled "ethon"
what were getting 2 new ships i think they should of done it in this order

1.prommie
2.ethon(cause they go togther)
3.deadie
4.odissy
5.homer

SmallTimePerson
October 3rd, 2005, 02:42 AM
a science ship:
the alamo (he he rodney)
a battle/cruiser class ship:
fluffy (strike fear into your enemy's hearts)
quick response suplly ship:
escargo (snail)

caskin
October 5th, 2005, 08:25 AM
These are awesome! I too like Obelisk, it just sounds so daunting. And I say there should be a ship named The Hammond! :D That would be awesome.

Anyhoo, my imaginary fleet would have 3 destroyers:
The Maquette (long story)
The Element
The Bquode

2 man-o-wars:
The Mantis
The Reseda

and 1 stealth ship:
The Sarcauge

I'm no good at coming up with all those greek sounding names. Feh... :p

solar wind
October 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM
These are awesome! I too like Obelisk, it just sounds so daunting. And I say there should be a ship named The Hammond! :D That would be awesome.

Anyhoo, my imaginary fleet would have 3 destroyers:
The Maquette (long story)
The Element
The Bquode

2 man-o-wars:
The Mantis
The Reseda

and 1 stealth ship:
The Sarcauge

I'm no good at coming up with all those greek sounding names. Feh... :p
Thanks! And I like the names your came up with, it's cool when you name them according to their purpose, ie. destroyers etc.
What's the story behind Maquette?

captain keys
October 5th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks! And I like the names your came up with, it's cool when you name them according to their purpose, ie. destroyers etc.
obelisk thats a good name but when i think the name obelisk i think sumthing realy big so when i think of a ship named the obelisk it would have to be able to dock like three ships with it maby a mobile command center but i still like the name

./freelancer
October 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Ok, the first five names that comes up in head:
Enterprise
Oblivion
Firestorm
Stargazer
...actually, that's just four..

theStormWeaver
October 6th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Dunadan

You must be thinking of the Dunadaine, the last pure blooded descendants of the Numenoreans.

Ulmo
Aule
Manwe
Tulkas
Mandos
..... Damn can't remember the rest, i'll post them when i get my hands on my copy of The Silmarillion at home. Any way, these are the names of some of The Valar, the greatest and most powerful spirits in Arda. The humans of Middle-Earth sometimes refer to them as gods. They were sent to the flame of Ea (three little dots over the a in the shape of a triangle) to create the world as a place for his children by Illuvatar, the one, in a word, god.

helio9
October 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM
The Dauntless (like on that pirates movie).

SmallTimePerson
October 8th, 2005, 12:37 AM
I know: the RB
green to however guesses what RB stands for

Zekk
October 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Really big :D

how about the Staterus ;)

uknesvuinng
October 8th, 2005, 03:33 PM
An extremely powerful warship called We-Come-in-Peace. We'll call it an Ironic-class warship.

caskin
October 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM

Ah yes, the Maquette, quite an interesting ship. In real life, the name was spawned probablly from some brain twitch that was seeking out a word with a "q" and due to my ignorance of what it acutally meant, heck, my lack of information, I decided to name a ship after it. lol... yup.
However as far as Scifi universe's go, this one is from a personal story of mine. The CCS Maquette (CCS: cleevacus clagra sion: Cleevacus war vessel) was the first ever ship commisioned for the sole purpose of being a war-ship for the Dellfin Cleevadon's. The team that created it referred to their model as "the maquette" long after it had passed from the beginning model stage. In fact, the name stuck even during the building process as the ship was being put together in pressure-dock. As the Maquette gave it's first demonstration the military was so impressed with it's performance, they were ready to make it an official battleship that very day. The pet name it's creators had used so often stayed in and became it's official name, since they realised the fact that this certain ship would be the preliminary model for all "Sions" that were to come.

And besides, I just think it sounds cool for a ship name. Along with the Reseda, which was the second ship to be built, and has many similarities to the Maquette despite it's entirely different function.

jash
October 10th, 2005, 12:21 PM
America (should be the saved for the greatest ship ever built).
Ares (must be a war ship)
Hulk
Punisher (again a war ship)
Jash (saved for the second greatest ship ever built).
United (a political ship which transported the leader of Earth)
Freedom
Thor (they named ships after Daniel and O"Niell why not a Thor)
Goerge Washington or Hammond
Christopher (patron saint of travelers)

The Can of Whoop Ass

aironoeus
October 12th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Coros. IMO Good fit, easy to say, quick to say, doesn't draw too much attention but still is bland enough for military speak.

ancientalliance
October 14th, 2005, 03:34 PM
An extremely powerful warship called We-Come-in-Peace. We'll call it an Ironic-class warship.

:) :) :) Funny! :) I would personally name one either Hephestas or Aurora, but most likely the first because Aurora is already taken.

KairezLightkeeper
October 14th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Oh, wow, where do I begin...? My personal favorites, I guess...

The Raven.
The Nevermore.
The Lenore (a friend of mine is really into Poe's “The Raven,” and he's rubbed off on me... badly).
The Arcanum. (Latin for secret, forbidden, mysterious.)
The Lightkeeper. (Shameless self-promotion!)
The Twilight (or Twilit).
The Black Angel (or the Sensui; my nod to a favorite anime).
A ship trio, the Ragnarok, the Armageddon, and the Apocalypse (I hope the connection is obvious enough).
The Hikari (Japanese for light).
The Samantha Carter (probably just Carter since the former is a bit long-ish, and she deserives it).
The Ascension (nope, no good reason 'cept it sounds cool).

If others arise, of course I shall return.

Posted by uknesvuinng:

Maybe Olive Branch would be better... Sounds almost like a real ship name, and it's a symbol of peace. It would still be Ironic-class, of course. ;)

SmallTimePerson
October 14th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Rust Bucket could be a scientific vessal in the Ironic-class ships. yes thats what rb stood for)

ColonelBob
October 15th, 2005, 04:03 AM
I would name it the Black Pearl. and it would have black thrusters, be crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that hell itself spat him out a.k.a...........Walter :eek: dum dum duuuuuum.

But seriously, my ship would be called Caleb because it means courage or The Bold One. (Also dog in Hebrew). But mainly because its my name.

ancientalliance
October 15th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Walter?! Did I miss something? What makes you think Walter is so evil?

Zekk
October 15th, 2005, 09:47 AM
He is just jellous that so many girls like walter j/k :D :p

ancientalliance
October 15th, 2005, 09:51 AM
He is just jellous that so many girls like walter j/k :D :p

Are you sure your just kidding?;) :rolleyes:

solar wind
October 15th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I know: the RB
green to however guesses what RB stands for
Rabid Bear!

solar wind
October 15th, 2005, 10:06 AM
RB:
Roaming Base
Russian Bouquet
Relentless Balance
Racket Buster
Raiders' Bane

ancientalliance
October 15th, 2005, 10:13 AM
It stands for rust bucket

ColonelBob
October 15th, 2005, 03:24 PM
You can tell that Walters evil. Just look at those shifty eyes of his. :S

SmallTimePerson
October 15th, 2005, 09:42 PM
RB:
Roaming Base
Russian Bouquet
Relentless Balance
Racket Buster
Raiders' Bane
i said it was Rust Bucket on the 11th post on this page

caskin
October 16th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Rust Bucket could be a scientific vessal in the Ironic-class ships. yes thats what rb stood for)

Lol, :D Rust Bucket, that's awesome! I kinda liked Really Big though.

Zekk
October 16th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Thats me he's talkin bout :D
(I first posted the answer to RB Really big...wrong, but still good:D )

caskin
October 16th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Thats me he's talkin bout :D
(I first posted the answer to RB Really big...wrong, but still good:D )

Lol, yus! Good answer indeed! :D I'm so tempted to name a ship The Really Big now. And maybe name another The Not As Big.

captain keys
October 16th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I would name it the Black Pearl. and it would have black thrusters, be crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that hell itself spat him out a.k.a...........Walter :eek: dum dum duuuuuum.

But seriously, my ship would be called Caleb because it means courage or The Bold One. (Also dog in Hebrew). But mainly because its my name.
dude thats weird caleb's my name too and i had no idea caleb meant courge thats sweet what religon or cultur is it do u no

Ragnarok
October 17th, 2005, 05:35 AM
hmmmm....
for warships
The Ragnarok
The Titanus
The Volcan \ Volcanus

and for little ships like gliders and darts:
The Valkyrie(s)

theStormWeaver
October 17th, 2005, 07:16 PM
A scout ship called 'Hermes'

A science vessel called 'The Tapping' :D Hotness!!

They should try to takeover the Goa'uld Station from 'Summit', turn it into a mobile battle platform and call it the 'The Abydos'

Frinky
October 17th, 2005, 08:13 PM
How about The Dominus, The Celox, The Aeneas and The Priam??

Gate Gal 1984
October 18th, 2005, 04:00 AM
The Asgard are Norse, the Goa'uld are ancient Egyptian,.

I have to disagree with the whole goa'uld are Ancient Egyptian thing. What about Chronus (Greek) and Nirti (Indian - which I might add is supposed to be a bloke)

But if I could name a ship it would be
Alexander as in "the Great"

Sorry to anyone who has posted this name already.

Nathan
October 18th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Atlas

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, if so forgive me, if not Atlas was the brother of Prometheus and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Okay another idea is the "Botany Bay" although many might recognise that one.

Another is Australis - why should all the ships be greek or American?

Aurora is the name of the ship used to start the Russian Revolution. The Aurora sailed up the river to the winter palace and laid seige on it with the Russian royal family inside. Of course Ausrora has been used already i think (haven't seen season 2 yet)

Another could be "Peace Maker" for semi-obvious reasons

Another - more a diplomatic ship I suppose could be called "Unity"

Zekk
October 18th, 2005, 07:27 AM
I still say the Hammond, He deserves it.

ancientalliance
October 18th, 2005, 12:20 PM

Indeed! ... actually that (indeed) would be kind of a neat name.:D

captain keys
October 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM
i think we should name one "triakis" and atlas i think would be a good name cause the word on the street is were getting one called the ethon which is the bird that ate prommies liver hehehehehehehe i just did that so u guys would have to high light it mwahahahahahahah

Ascended Times.2
October 19th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Here are some names I quite fancy...
The Trust, the Euclidean, the Vengeance, the Redemption, the Richatov *<----Russian* More names to come eventually...

Edit:Keys, I added the Ethon as one of the Daedalus class ships in my fanfic, just for you :D I hope it might fill some kind of small void? :)

caskin
October 19th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Lol, I think everyone who has posted here agrees on that idea. Hammond should have a ship named after him! A really big one!

ancientalliance
October 19th, 2005, 03:36 PM
What about the "Janet Fraiser" or "Jacob Carter"? ... I could just keep going untill all the good characters that have been killed off have a ship named after them...:D

caskin
October 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM
What about the "Janet Fraiser" or "Jacob Carter"? ... I could just keep going untill all the good characters that have been killed off have a ship named after them...:D

lol, characters that have been killed off, now that would be a big fleet!

theStormWeaver
October 19th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Manwe
Ulmo
Aule
Orome
Mandos
Lorien
Tulkas
Varda
Yavanna
Nienna
Este
Vaire
Vana
Nessa

The Argo, The Juggernaught, The Kelas, The Cerberus, The Phalanx, The Furix, The Pheonix.

Carriers:
The Jormungand, Tiamat, The Fenris, The Baelrog, The Garm, The Surtur

solar wind
October 19th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hey the storm weaver quite the list! The Baelrog, as in LotR fiery monster? And the Juggernaught, rings a bell and maybe it's obvious but I can't think of it.
I think Borealis would be cool. Or Corona, as in Corona Borealis the constelation. Means Northern Crown. (I don't mean name it after the beer!)

captain keys
October 19th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Edit:Keys, I added the Ethon as one of the Daedalus class ships in my fanfic, just for you :D I hope it might fill some kind of small void? :)
yes its made my day .....lol

theStormWeaver
October 20th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Hey the storm weaver quite the list! The Baelrog, as in LotR fiery monster? And the Juggernaught, rings a bell and maybe it's obvious but I can't think of it.
I think Borealis would be cool. Or Corona, as in Corona Borealis the constelation. Means Northern Crown. (I don't mean name it after the beer!)

No actually, but that would be a good one too. Bealrog is from norse mythology, all the ones listed as carriers are norse, except Tiamat, she's Babylonian. And the vertical list (from Manwe to Nessa) is LotR, they are the Valar. Juggernaught is kind of a term for anything really big and powerfull. But it was also a class of Orc Warship in WarCraft II.

caskin
October 20th, 2005, 07:32 PM
No actually, but that would be a good one too. Bealrog is from norse mythology, all the ones listed as carriers are norse, except Tiamat, she's Babylonian. And the vertical list (from Manwe to Nessa) is LotR, they are the Valar. Juggernaught is kind of a term for anything really big and powerfull. But it was also a class of Orc Warship in WarCraft II.

I believe it's Balrog in LOTR anyways... yeah, Bealrog would have a tottally different pronounciation than Balrog anyways. Who knows, maybe that's where Tolkien got inspiration for the name.

captain keys
October 20th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I believe it's Balrog in LOTR anyways... yeah, Bealrog would have a tottally different pronounciation than Balrog anyways. Who knows, maybe that's where Tolkien got inspiration for the name.
yeah tolien got almost all of his ideas from real world stuff

ancientalliance
October 21st, 2005, 02:47 PM
lol, characters that have been killed off, now that would be a big fleet!

I know I wish it wasn't that big, at least not with names of characters that were well liked and allies.:(

captain keys
October 22nd, 2005, 06:49 PM
or the flannery thats a good name

theStormWeaver
October 24th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Thats very likely, Bealrog was an ancient fire giant of destruction.

skritsys
October 24th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Another good name: Mercutio

runyon3je
October 24th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Ra's Demise
Apohis' Demise
Hathor's Demise
Osiris' Demise
Anubis' Demise
Replicator's Demise

And So on, and so on...

I also like:
The Langford
The Fraiser (Medical Frigate)
The Earnest
The Furling?!?!?!

skritsys
October 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM
now that is funny....LOL...The Furling!

srg
October 24th, 2005, 10:00 AM
a ship named after the hood that would sound demonic "this is the commander of the hood" its just rong

From 1918 - 1941, the flagship of the Royal Navy (atleast was the flagship when she was sunk) was the HMS Hood.

Anyway, if I was to name a ship, I'd probably call it The Pegasus, or just Pegasus.

Carl
October 24th, 2005, 10:24 AM
hmmmm...

Enterprise [to honour O'Neill]
Pegasus
Orion
Carter
Cheyenne

Commander Aegir
October 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
USS Dreadnaught
USS Challanger
USS Troja
USS Pillar of Autumn

and if they and a carrier ship
USS Ark Royal (coz it was british)

srg
October 24th, 2005, 11:29 AM
USS Dreadnaught
USS Challanger
USS Troja
USS Pillar of Autumn

and if they and a carrier ship
USS Ark Royal (coz it was british)

If us brits made a ship, then maybe
HMS Invincible.

skritsys
October 24th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Has anyone suggested the Pinafore?

ancientalliance
October 24th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Has anyone suggested the Pinafore?

Like the food???:S

DarkElfa
October 24th, 2005, 06:02 PM
The Chrysalis.

caskin
October 24th, 2005, 06:08 PM
LOL.... yes! The Furling! :D that's awesome!

captain keys
October 24th, 2005, 06:26 PM
From 1918 - 1941, the flagship of the Royal Navy (atleast was the flagship when she was sunk) was the HMS Hood.

Anyway, if I was to name a ship, I'd probably call it The Pegasus, or just Pegasus.
ok what evr that cool but heres one named after my highschool football team THE TROJAN

caskin
October 24th, 2005, 07:40 PM
ok what evr that cool but heres one named after my highschool football team THE TROJAN

I like that one, sounds so menacing.
lol, If a ship were named after my highschool football team it would be... The Farmer.

arthurdenu
October 24th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Humourous names (apologies if they've already been covered - I've had a brief look) -
The Icarus
The Titanic
The Deathtrap
Ensignbane

I thought "Your Momma" was a good name.
"Who's there?"
"Your Momma."

For serios names, The Argo was a cool suggestion someone had - it should be given to a VERY long range exploration vessel. Or even Maggellan's ship The Victoria.

Lord §okar
October 25th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Um, exactly what has this to do with Stargate Science and Technology?

nimitz
October 26th, 2005, 02:39 AM
stop being a fun wrecker lord sokar(lol only jokin').Anyway a ships technology.

The Hood was a joke for anyone who knows the story of its demise.

The next ship has to be Harry Maybourne(greatest king of all time).

captain keys
October 26th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Um, exactly what has this to do with Stargate Science and Technology?
nothing, and if the mods felt they need to move this thread they would do it now wouldnt they

captain keys
October 26th, 2005, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=arthurdenu]

"Who's there?"
"Your Momma."

[QUOTE]
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats good lol

Brigadier General Pants
October 26th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Humourous names (apologies if they've already been covered - I've had a brief look) -
The Icarus
The Titanic
The Deathtrap
Ensignbane

"Who's there?"
"Your Momma."

Or The Bullseye?

arthurdenu
October 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=arthurdenu]

"Who's there?"
"Your Momma."

[QUOTE]
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats good lol

Cheers!
There are also far too many "alien species breaking in to steal all our stuff" episodes. To stop all this why not simply call the next ship the "Datsun 120Y"?
I GUARANTEE you noone will want to break into it.

ancientalliance
October 27th, 2005, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=captain keys][QUOTE=arthurdenu]

"Who's there?"
"Your Momma."

Very good! I give it 4 stars :D

captain keys
October 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM
hey we could have a cargo ship for swat!! that would be awsome

skritsys
October 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM
the Anatares?

Peridition?

that way if an enemy has to chase them, they can say, "well they had to go through Perdition's flames before they get to Earth."

or Effigy?

That way when we take down the Wraith, they can scream in Effigy.

captain keys
October 28th, 2005, 01:30 PM
the Anatares?

Peridition?

that way if an enemy has to chase them, they can say, "well they had to go through Perdition's flames before they get to Earth."

or Effigy?

That way when we take down the Wraith, they can scream in Effigy.
nice:cool:

Chris Allan
October 29th, 2005, 09:25 AM
How about the "We defeat the goa'uld, freeing the Jaffa. We defeat the Replicators, saving the Asgard and do what thanks do we get? F*** All!"

It would need to be a big ship to fit it on though.;)

captain keys
October 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
How about the "We defeat the goa'uld, freeing the Jaffa. We defeat the Replicators, saving the Asgard and do what thanks do we get? F*** All!"

It would need to be a big ship to fit it on though.;)
uuuuuuum maby sumthing a little shorter

Mefusta
October 29th, 2005, 09:17 PM

It would need to be a big ship to fit it on though.;)Why make it a ship name? That would be perfect for the SG1 Team, emblazened on the front of their shirts:
"We defeated the goa'uld, freed the Jaffa, destroyed the Replicators, and saved the Asgard... and all we got were these lousy T-Shirts" :D

In terms of a ship name... how about the "USBC Bullet Magnet".

azezeal666
October 30th, 2005, 12:15 PM
it would have to be ARIES he was the greek god of war who better to have on your side in a fight

theStormWeaver
October 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
He was also a gould, probably won't happen anytime soon.

How about the Tollana? Ok, so they weren't very good allies, but why not?

Erised
October 31st, 2005, 06:29 PM
anyone had an idea about naming a ship Dreadnaught ? :D

just learned about it in western civ.

Oranos
November 1st, 2005, 04:18 PM
So got this one covered.
The Oranos-Titan god of the sky and original ruler of the titans. Of course then it would have to be sent to Atlantis since the titans were said to have been the original gods of Atlantis. And there you go... my mythology lesson of the day!:D

captain keys
November 3rd, 2005, 11:54 AM
So got this one covered.
The Oranos-Titan god of the sky and original ruler of the titans. Of course then it would have to be sent to Atlantis since the titans were said to have been the original gods of Atlantis. And there you go... my mythology lesson of the day!:D
and i learnd sumthing today..........lol

The Signal
November 3rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
So have I

This has most likely been said but the "Olympus"

Elitenova
November 4th, 2005, 07:24 PM
How the Battlship BS-304 Perseus

skritsys
November 9th, 2005, 12:27 PM
How about the Executioner?

captain keys
November 22nd, 2005, 12:55 AM
how about the lipton

Oranos
November 23rd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Some more suggestions:

Neried
Valkyrie
Leviathan
Scylla
Hydra

AcidSquid
November 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM
The Minos
It Could house a Project Codenamed Project: MINOTAUR
That would be sooo cool
:D

AGateFan
November 26th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I say we name one The Thor.... fair is fair after all.

Elitenova
November 26th, 2005, 08:01 PM
BELLEROPHON – HEAVY CARRIER

Type: Heavy fighter carrier

Length: 5,440 meters

Mass: 322 million metric ton

Crew: 1200 officers and crew

Troops: 2000 Marines
100 Stryker
1000 HHVEE

Fighters: 32 F-302

Duration: 1 year recommended,
24 months in deep space

Speed: 1 million kps sub light
87 million kps hyperspace

Power: 1 Cold fusion reactor
Multiple naqauda batteries

Top Speed: 100 million kps hyperspace
1.2 million Kps Normal space

Propulsion:

Armament: 3 MFL (multi frequency laser)
4 MMTW (Multi megaton torpedo warhead) launcher
26 45.caliber rail gun system

Defense System: 12 inches tritium bulkhead
Multi Frequency Shield Generator
Energy absorbing armor

Expected Hull Life: 26 years until decommission

BC - 303
November 27th, 2005, 10:48 AM
BC-303 Deuchalion

A British made BC-303 with everything the Promethues had, and more. Rainguns, 24 F302's, Missiles like on the prometheus (both launching from tubes in the side of the ship and from the top). After its first mission it gets Asgurd Hyperdrive, beams, sheilds and sensers

One episode there is a scout ship from the lucien allience coming in to our doorstep, they send a radio message saying "you have 10 minutes to relinquish Vala and Daniel or we will burn down a Earth city", with the BC-02's all out hunting the Ori or Wraith. The presedent picks up the phone and dials. on the other end the british ambasada from Discloser picks up, nodds and says "launch the Deuchalion, we have word on 15-20 Alkesh and a Hat'ak hiding behind Jupitors moon." And there it is all shiny and new

mishy_mo
November 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Valhalah (sp?)??

Spaceship X-treme?

Poly Alien Never-before-seen Technology (aka PANT)

Zekk
December 1st, 2005, 03:40 PM
Serberus,
Alphearion,
Sheva,
Naruto,
Venia,
Pumei.

:)

Betelgeuze
December 2nd, 2005, 06:59 AM
How about naming ships after the three furies:
Alecto
Tisiphone
Megaera

Also Thanatos (Greek god of death)

Badb Catha( battle raven/crow) would be a good name for a battle cruiser.

Dogs_Body
December 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
how bout....

biggus-dickus
sillus-sodus
incontentia-buttocks

(and if anyone doesn't know where these are coming from try watching Monty Python's The Life of Brian :p )

or

Agamemnon
Agrippa
Roanoake
Churchill
Nimrod
Juno
Vesta

but whats wrong with naming the ships after ships from the past, like nearly all ships today

theStormWeaver
December 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Epsilon

Dorka
December 2nd, 2005, 10:42 AM
What about some Hungarian names like:

Taltos
Almos
Tas
Eroes
Bak
Kund
Tohotom
???????? :D

Janus
December 3rd, 2005, 03:13 AM
Aquilus Bestia.

Exiled Master
December 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
JSS Miyamoto, for Shigeru Miyamoto, king of games!!!:D

neko138
December 3rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
in my fics i created a few more sister ships for the Daedalus, so we had Chimera, Bellerophon and Sierra.

Alternatively: Santiago, Kittyhawk, Sabretooth and Tullamarine (because even though its an airport in melbourne, it still sounds cool)

Lord Shiva
December 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
My ship is already named... it is the great warship Vengeance, and has laid waste to many planets since its creation.

Urgannagru
December 4th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Hmmmm should check the rules on language, so I'll play it safe and blank some letters out.
Anyway I've always thought HMS Bast**d would be a good name for a ship, however I suppose Hermes would do, despite it sounding like a disease.

Janus
December 4th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Aquilus Bestia.

Hmm...I can do better then a short post like this.

1 Aquilus Bestia (Latin for Dark Beast)
2 Empitheus (The brother of Prometheus in the Greec legend, Spelling ?)
3 Icarus (From the same Greec Myth as Daedalus)
4 Archimedes
5 Hippocrates (Medical vessel, of course)

Oranos
December 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Got one more:
How about the Ara?

Elitenova
December 5th, 2005, 03:47 PM
My Heavy Carrier has BC-303 escort

Icarus
Helio
Spartan
Approdite

Oranos
December 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Just thought of yet another one:
Charger

neko138
December 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM
wasnt the hippocrates the name of the ship in the alternate future in TNG (all good things). Beverly Picard's funny ship.

Seeing they name a ship after Patton and generals, why not:

Socrates
Plato
Karl Marx (im not a communist)
Thycidites
Sophocles (Oedipus)
Suetonius (the gossip)
Augusta

there is a whole plethora of names from ancient history. hey, why not plethora. :P

asgard007
December 5th, 2005, 05:48 PM
My choices would be:
Lexington
Endeavor
Constitution
Enterprise
Columbia
Washington
Lincoln
Yorktown

jefferyb
December 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Well I think that I have said this before but I really like the Langford or Cathrine for ships, because without Cathrine we wouldn't have the stargate program, she is dead now and we owe it too her. Also a ship called hammond sounds appropriate, since he was the first real director of the program. Also I was also thinking of Sha're as a good will diplomacy vessel.

USS Cathrine Langford
USS Hammond
UNS Sha're

UN-United Nations (because we know that one day the entire world, even if it is only governments, will know the truth.)

Lilith
December 6th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Yaguar
Bartimaeus
Demona
Angelus
Kyrione
Centuarus
Ateri

that's all for now... i'd have more, but i'm suffering from writer's block....

babaganoosh
December 6th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I haven't read any of the replys but I'm gonna put my two cents worth in anyway.

I'd name ships:
Enterprise (of course)
Icarus
Belerophon
Thor

CeeKay Sheppard
December 6th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Here's some ideas for warships:

Kali – Hindu (?) goddess of death
Cuchulainn – legendary Celtic warrior hero
Eris – Greek goddess of dischord, rode in Aries's chariot, shrieking

_Owen_
December 7th, 2005, 01:21 PM
For the last time, "The Owen Macri!" lol, or we could can it the "John Jacob Jingle-Heimer Schmidt..."

Oranos
December 7th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Yet another wonderful idea:
The Heka Gigantis

RA the sun god
December 7th, 2005, 03:40 PM
:) trident/the trident..same thing i know..:) because i couldnt think of anything better and it IS OK!!!:p