This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala should be permanent

Sam Carter is great but I think Vala is just so funny and fits right in with the SG1 team. I don't miss her at all with her time off, unlike when Shanks left.

Sorry, I may be saying something sacrilegious to some people.

This topic may have been brought up before. Anyway, I also love Vala, but adding her to SG1 (as it stands now) on a regular basis would make the team comprised of half off-worlders. Even if TPTB decided to make SG1 a team of five members, the balance would not be something SGC would readily accept. Teal'c is in because he was there from the beginning, but adding Vala to the mix would be to undermine loyalties.

I really like Vala, but she's not going to be part of the main crew.

However, as a recurring character, she has oodles of potential. She was host to a Goua'uld, and she has huge amounts of information that would be useful. And, at least as far as I'm concerned, she's a whole heck of a lot of fun to be around. Even if she's impatient, impertinent and (especially) insouciant.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz
      I really like Vala, but she's not going to be part of the main crew.

However, as a recurring character, she has oodles of potential. She was host to a Goua'uld, and she has huge amounts of information that would be useful. And, at least as far as I'm concerned, she's a whole heck of a lot of fun to be around. Even if she's impatient, impertinent and (especially) insouciant.
      i TOTALLY agree with this i may miss her when she's gone after the beginning of this season, but i don't think she'd be QUITE as fun as a regular... and i'm sure she'll be back i think TPTB know the fans love her on the show and i'm sure they love having her... so methinks we'll see her recurring...

Comment

Yes, I'd love to see her as an recurring ally in the show. Simply because she is impatient, impertinent but nevetheless has a heart of gold.

A.
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

The SGC had no problem with the team being half 'off-worlders' in S6 if I remember correctly

After watching 'The Powers That Be' I'm now convinced Vala should stay. It completely slipped my mind about her ability with Goa'uld technology, and now I believe she'd be an invaluable asset. Maybe not on SG-1 itself though, Mitchell clearly doesn't trust her.

Comment

There are two threads already in the Season 9 folder discussing whether Vala should stay or not, please continue the discussion there.
            And on a side note please remember spoiler space!

Thank you.

Feli
            GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Working...
            X