If you could design a ship.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could design a ship.

If you could design a ship using parts we have seen used in the show what would it be.
    Mine would be called the Olympus.

Shaped like the ship From Grace.

Engines Serraking/Hebridan Ion drive+ regular sub-light drive.

Hyperdrive From the Tel-tac vessel that Jack modified in the lost city.

Power 3 ZPMs, 8 Neutrino Ion generators, 5 Naquadria Reactors, 20 Naquadah reactors for power to rings, life support, artificial gravity etc.

Weapons 5 energy beams like from the Ancient satellite, an ancient chair fully loaded with Drone weapons, 5 goa'uld Hata'k class energy weapons, Asgard energy weapons, 8 Tollan Ion cannons, 4 rail guns, 6 missile bays, 10 Alkesh bomber type energy weapons.

Shields, 2 different shields over each other, one Ancient, one Asgard. I would also have 5 layers of the kevlar substance the kull warriors use for their armor as it seems to be able to take quite large explosions this would be able to hold off replicator blocks that may have made it through the shields.

6 Fighter bays, 4 holding 25 302s each, each 302 would have 10 missiles, 2 of Felgers photon torpedoes, 100% effective inertial dampeners, Asgard shield, Asgard hyperdrive, powered by one ZPM each.
    the other 2 would hold 25 puddle jumpers each.

Cloak complete invisibility, undetectable to all scanners.

Also able to dock 2 Daedalus class ships one underneath and one on top.

Misc. Stargate room, Ancient forceField over the stargate behind an Earth Iris, Whole room contained by Force field with those Aschen weapons like used in the stargate port where they send the message back in time. Also with Retu scanner/weapons, Heat vision sensors, mounted machine guns, Asgard transporters advanced enough to go through any shield, Ring platform, Asgard matter materializer(Sp) , ZPM factory, fighter/puddle jumper factory,.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

sorry to burst your bubble, but this is alredy been done in fact it was my thread - check it out and add your design it looks good.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8699
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

If you could imagine any ship ever without any respect for physics or economics, what would the pointless fruit of your imagination be?

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

What's the point in creating your fanfic godly ship? Everyone can throw together something with 200 ZPM:s. Creating something that's different and still balanced with other stuff in the show is the fun part.

Comment

My ship isn't big. In fact it's rather small.

Take the Wraith Dart, and add the Puddlejumpers cloaking ability. Also, a basic electromagnetic or EMP-Pulse wave weapon that would disable an enemy ship's systems just enough to prevent the ship from firing it's weapons back or engaging the hyperdrive system right away. Some jamming technology would also be included, for jamming transporter system lock-ons and for other times where jamming stuff becomes a necessity. Keep the culling beam technology and even modify it to not only cull stuff, but act as a transporter for beaming people or objects around. That about sums it up for me.

Comment

Mine would be a hollowed out planet filled with support girders made of an impossibly strong naqahdah/trinium/titainum/sokarium/vanadium/tungsten alloy. In the core of the planet I'd have the biggest evar reactor that annihlates particles of antimatter naqahdriah powering thousands of guns on the surface that fire plasma coated singularities and shields that are so strong you could cover them in nucleus material to a depth of 6 kilometres before they yield. Teh roxx0rz.

It'd be named the FanDream.
            Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
              Mine would be a hollowed out planet filled with support girders made of an impossibly strong naqahdah/trinium/titainum/sokarium/vanadium/tungsten alloy. In the core of the planet I'd have the biggest evar reactor that annihlates particles of antimatter naqahdriah powering thousands of guns on the surface that fire plasma coated singularities and shields that are so strong you could cover them in nucleus material to a depth of 6 kilometres before they yield. Teh roxx0rz.

It'd be named the FanDream.
              So basically it's a planet that blows stuff up? Wasn't that called a Death Star? (Your idea is truly interesting, though).

Comment

My ship is called the Frontier,it will utilize the best and most advance technology mankind has to offer...

Name: Frontier – X-305

Role: FighterCraft Carrier / Mobile Command Center

Length: 1.8km
                Width: 800m
                Height: 400m (The shape of the ship will consist of the forward Delta shape of USS Prometheus NX-59650 from star trek, some what like a triagular shaped El'Kesh)

Propulsion: -Asguard Hyper Drive
                -Standard sub-light engines
                -Sub-light Ion-Drive
                -Liquid Hydrogen chemical thrusters

Power Source: 1 ZPM
                3 Naquadah Power Plants

Weaponry: Retrofitted Ha’Tak disruptor cannons
                -8 Fore
                -4 Aft
                -4 Port and Starboard

120 Ancient Drones – This weapon is mainly used for point defense since all 120 drones will be needed to destroy 3 Wraith destroyers or severly cripple 1 hive ship

125mm Rail Gun (for point defense and missile interception)
                -50 Port (dorsal and ventral)
                -50 Starboard (dorsal and ventral)
                -12 fore
                -12 aft

60 Medium Yield Naquadah Enhanced missiles (Can destroy a wraith destroyer if beamed inside)

40 High Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Missiles (can destroy a wraith hive ship if beamed inside)

60 X-302 Fighter Interceptors fitted with:
                -hyper space engines
                -aero-spike SCRAMJET engines
                -4 Naquadah enhanced AMRRAM missiles
                -2 Naquadah enhanced low yield missiles
                -200 round 25mm Railgun
                -Improved Intertia dampeners

20 Puddle Jumpers

Defensive: -Asguard Shielding
                -Trinium Composite hull, 1m thick
                -Electronic Counter Measures
                -Electronic Counter Counter Measures
                -EW suite
                -Gaia Intrusion Algorithm (see below)

Crew Compliment: - 700 Crew
                - 300 Special Forces
                - 5 SG Teams

Other Equipment:
                - Asguard Beam Technology
                - 2 Gould Rings
                - 6 M1 Abrams MBT
                - 12 APC
                - 12 Humvee
                - 12 MALP
                - 7 UAV
                - Stargate with a Trillium Iris

Special Crew: Gaia – Atlantiean interactive Artificial Intelligence. Gaia is a hologram designed by Ancient Scientists, specificaly for software intrusion, meaning that she is capable of interfacing with alien computers and accessing restricted fuctions. Gaia is also responsible for calculating firing solutions for the ships missiles; operate the ancient drones and point defense if needed. In addition she contains the knowledge of numerous Ancient battle tactics. (Basically a SGA Cortona from Halo)

Tyr – Asguard liaison and adviser. Director Tyr is an Asguard engineer whose responsibility is to familiarize the engineering crew with the Asguard shields, beam systems, and most importantly the hyper drive. He is stationed in main engineering and ensures normal operations of the Frontiers 3 massive naquadah power plants.
                ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

like the designs thats for revamping my ship design thread 2
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

my ship will be called the thesius
                    its purpose is a carrier ship, can carry 40 f-302s in its loading bay
                    has 4 landing pads on its top for housing a BC/X-303, this can be used for refuelling, restocking or carrying the cruisers if need be, even through hypespace
                    its shape is the daedalus, but the loading bay is oval and streches out vertically to house the f-302s, the front nose of the shipis shorter
                    has all the same functions of the BC-303s plus a zpm connection

Comment

once things go into mass production 3phd the costs go down!!!!

Comment

Well I won't stray into the "uber-fantasy ship with 200 ZPMs" thing.
                        I was just thinking about another thread regarding armor in SG. Since it's quite impractical to send tanks through the stargate, though they may be useful in certain situations : here's my suggestion.
                        Build an assault transport/troop carrier. Effectively the space-going equivalent of a Marine amphibious ship. Something like an armored battalion with fighter support, space to ground assault shuttles, and C3 capabilities.
                        Contrary to some of the designs evoked here, this is doable in the SG universe.

Comment

i dont know why ppl like big ships. If i can have my own ship, id have an customized version of the F302

Propulsion-
                          the 3 rockets that it currently has
                          Naquadria hyperdrive(that works)

power source-
                          one naquada generator

weaponry-
                          10 conventional missles(1 1/2 feet in length 4 inches in diameter)
                          1 naquada enhanced warhead(with phase shiftin tech to bypass shields)
                          2 of felgers photon torpedos
                          an emp shockwave weapon(like the one in the rigged cargo ship in the ties that bind)

defense-
                          azgard shield
                          puddle jumper cloak

Accessories-
                          inertial dampeners(100% compensation)
                          Inclinable leather pilot seat(remove the secondary pilot seat so you have the space to lay down

Comment

I'm well aware the most tanks or APCs won't fit through a stargate, which is why the Frontier is equipted with Asguard beam technology so taht they can beam the tank do the planet surface.

Also the reason I added "Gaia" is because it's reasonable to assume that Ancient scientists have developed AI, but mostly because i'm a fan of the Halo novels.
                            ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

mine would be small like the seraken warriks ship but with some modifacantions like 3 naquadria genergator's and 2 ZMP's ancient/asgard sheilds + felgers photon energy weapon + asgard tractor beams + asgard
                              transport beams+ a bay big enuff to hold a pj + hyperdrive Ancient or Asgard, which ever is quicker, boosted by a ZPM.
                              Asgard sub-light engines+Ring-platforms. Stargate with Iris and Energy Shield+asgard energy weapons+a small pool for fun +and could out run anything

Comment

Working...
                              X