PDA

View Full Version : If you could design a ship.

Salas1
August 13th, 2005, 11:59 AM
If you could design a ship using parts we have seen used in the show what would it be.
Mine would be called the Olympus.

Shaped like the ship From Grace.

Engines Serraking/Hebridan Ion drive+ regular sub-light drive.

Hyperdrive From the Tel-tac vessel that Jack modified in the lost city.

Power 3 ZPMs, 8 Neutrino Ion generators, 5 Naquadria Reactors, 20 Naquadah reactors for power to rings, life support, artificial gravity etc.

Weapons 5 energy beams like from the Ancient satellite, an ancient chair fully loaded with Drone weapons, 5 goa'uld Hata'k class energy weapons, Asgard energy weapons, 8 Tollan Ion cannons, 4 rail guns, 6 missile bays, 10 Alkesh bomber type energy weapons.

Shields, 2 different shields over each other, one Ancient, one Asgard. I would also have 5 layers of the kevlar substance the kull warriors use for their armor as it seems to be able to take quite large explosions this would be able to hold off replicator blocks that may have made it through the shields.

6 Fighter bays, 4 holding 25 302s each, each 302 would have 10 missiles, 2 of Felgers photon torpedoes, 100% effective inertial dampeners, Asgard shield, Asgard hyperdrive, powered by one ZPM each.
the other 2 would hold 25 puddle jumpers each.

Cloak complete invisibility, undetectable to all scanners.

Also able to dock 2 Daedalus class ships one underneath and one on top.

Misc. Stargate room, Ancient forceField over the stargate behind an Earth Iris, Whole room contained by Force field with those Aschen weapons like used in the stargate port where they send the message back in time. Also with Retu scanner/weapons, Heat vision sensors, mounted machine guns, Asgard transporters advanced enough to go through any shield, Ring platform, Asgard matter materializer(Sp) , ZPM factory, fighter/puddle jumper factory,.

immhotep
August 13th, 2005, 12:53 PM
sorry to burst your bubble, but this is alredy been done :) in fact it was my thread - check it out and add your design it looks good.
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8699

Three PhDs
August 13th, 2005, 01:09 PM
If you could imagine any ship ever without any respect for physics or economics, what would the pointless fruit of your imagination be?

aAnubiSs
August 13th, 2005, 02:06 PM
What's the point in creating your fanfic godly ship? Everyone can throw together something with 200 ZPM:s. Creating something that's different and still balanced with other stuff in the show is the fun part.

TechnoWraith
August 13th, 2005, 07:21 PM
My ship isn't big. In fact it's rather small.

Take the Wraith Dart, and add the Puddlejumpers cloaking ability. Also, a basic electromagnetic or EMP-Pulse wave weapon that would disable an enemy ship's systems just enough to prevent the ship from firing it's weapons back or engaging the hyperdrive system right away. Some jamming technology would also be included, for jamming transporter system lock-ons and for other times where jamming stuff becomes a necessity. Keep the culling beam technology and even modify it to not only cull stuff, but act as a transporter for beaming people or objects around. That about sums it up for me.

Lord §okar
August 13th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Mine would be a hollowed out planet filled with support girders made of an impossibly strong naqahdah/trinium/titainum/sokarium/vanadium/tungsten alloy. In the core of the planet I'd have the biggest evar reactor that annihlates particles of antimatter naqahdriah powering thousands of guns on the surface that fire plasma coated singularities and shields that are so strong you could cover them in nucleus material to a depth of 6 kilometres before they yield. Teh roxx0rz.

It'd be named the FanDream.

TechnoWraith
August 13th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Mine would be a hollowed out planet filled with support girders made of an impossibly strong naqahdah/trinium/titainum/sokarium/vanadium/tungsten alloy. In the core of the planet I'd have the biggest evar reactor that annihlates particles of antimatter naqahdriah powering thousands of guns on the surface that fire plasma coated singularities and shields that are so strong you could cover them in nucleus material to a depth of 6 kilometres before they yield. Teh roxx0rz.

It'd be named the FanDream.

So basically it's a planet that blows stuff up? Wasn't that called a Death Star? :p ;) (Your idea is truly interesting, though).

section31
August 13th, 2005, 11:41 PM
My ship is called the Frontier,it will utilize the best and most advance technology mankind has to offer...

Name: Frontier – X-305

Role: FighterCraft Carrier / Mobile Command Center

Length: 1.8km
Width: 800m
Height: 400m (The shape of the ship will consist of the forward Delta shape of USS Prometheus NX-59650 from star trek, some what like a triagular shaped El'Kesh)

Propulsion: -Asguard Hyper Drive
-Standard sub-light engines
-Sub-light Ion-Drive
-Liquid Hydrogen chemical thrusters

Power Source: 1 ZPM
3 Naquadah Power Plants

Weaponry: Retrofitted Ha’Tak disruptor cannons
-8 Fore
-4 Aft
-4 Port and Starboard

120 Ancient Drones – This weapon is mainly used for point defense since all 120 drones will be needed to destroy 3 Wraith destroyers or severly cripple 1 hive ship

125mm Rail Gun (for point defense and missile interception)
-50 Port (dorsal and ventral)
-50 Starboard (dorsal and ventral)
-12 fore
-12 aft

60 Medium Yield Naquadah Enhanced missiles (Can destroy a wraith destroyer if beamed inside)

40 High Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Missiles (can destroy a wraith hive ship if beamed inside)

60 X-302 Fighter Interceptors fitted with:
-hyper space engines
-aero-spike SCRAMJET engines
-4 Naquadah enhanced AMRRAM missiles
-2 Naquadah enhanced low yield missiles
-200 round 25mm Railgun
-Improved Intertia dampeners

20 Puddle Jumpers

Defensive: -Asguard Shielding
-Trinium Composite hull, 1m thick
-Electronic Counter Measures
-Electronic Counter Counter Measures
-EW suite
-Gaia Intrusion Algorithm (see below)

Crew Compliment: - 700 Crew
- 300 Special Forces
- 5 SG Teams

Other Equipment:
- Asguard Beam Technology
- 2 Gould Rings
- 6 M1 Abrams MBT
- 12 APC
- 12 Humvee
- 12 MALP
- 7 UAV
- Stargate with a Trillium Iris

Special Crew: Gaia – Atlantiean interactive Artificial Intelligence. Gaia is a hologram designed by Ancient Scientists, specificaly for software intrusion, meaning that she is capable of interfacing with alien computers and accessing restricted fuctions. Gaia is also responsible for calculating firing solutions for the ships missiles; operate the ancient drones and point defense if needed. In addition she contains the knowledge of numerous Ancient battle tactics. (Basically a SGA Cortona from Halo)

Tyr – Asguard liaison and adviser. Director Tyr is an Asguard engineer whose responsibility is to familiarize the engineering crew with the Asguard shields, beam systems, and most importantly the hyper drive. He is stationed in main engineering and ensures normal operations of the Frontiers 3 massive naquadah power plants.

immhotep
August 14th, 2005, 12:40 AM
like the designs thats for revamping my ship design thread 2 :)

zer0_1
August 14th, 2005, 01:45 AM
my ship will be called the thesius
its purpose is a carrier ship, can carry 40 f-302s in its loading bay
has 4 landing pads on its top for housing a BC/X-303, this can be used for refuelling, restocking or carrying the cruisers if need be, even through hypespace
its shape is the daedalus, but the loading bay is oval and streches out vertically to house the f-302s, the front nose of the shipis shorter
has all the same functions of the BC-303s plus a zpm connection

nicedog
August 14th, 2005, 06:31 AM
once things go into mass production 3phd the costs go down!!!!

iBorg
August 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Well I won't stray into the "uber-fantasy ship with 200 ZPMs" thing.
I was just thinking about another thread regarding armor in SG. Since it's quite impractical to send tanks through the stargate, though they may be useful in certain situations : here's my suggestion.
Build an assault transport/troop carrier. Effectively the space-going equivalent of a Marine amphibious ship. Something like an armored battalion with fighter support, space to ground assault shuttles, and C3 capabilities.
Contrary to some of the designs evoked here, this is doable in the SG universe.

VironX
August 14th, 2005, 02:40 PM
i dont know why ppl like big ships. If i can have my own ship, id have an customized version of the F302

Propulsion-
the 3 rockets that it currently has
Naquadria hyperdrive(that works)

power source-
one naquada generator

weaponry-
10 conventional missles(1 1/2 feet in length 4 inches in diameter)
1 naquada enhanced warhead(with phase shiftin tech to bypass shields)
2 of felgers photon torpedos
an emp shockwave weapon(like the one in the rigged cargo ship in the ties that bind)

defense-
azgard shield
puddle jumper cloak

Accessories-
inertial dampeners(100% compensation)
Inclinable leather pilot seat(remove the secondary pilot seat so you have the space to lay down

section31
August 14th, 2005, 08:34 PM
I'm well aware the most tanks or APCs won't fit through a stargate, which is why the Frontier is equipted with Asguard beam technology so taht they can beam the tank do the planet surface.

Also the reason I added "Gaia" is because it's reasonable to assume that Ancient scientists have developed AI, but mostly because i'm a fan of the Halo novels.

captain keys
August 14th, 2005, 08:58 PM
mine would be small like the seraken warriks ship but with some modifacantions like 3 naquadria genergator's and 2 ZMP's ancient/asgard sheilds + felgers photon energy weapon + asgard tractor beams + asgard
transport beams+ a bay big enuff to hold a pj + hyperdrive Ancient or Asgard, which ever is quicker, boosted by a ZPM.
Asgard sub-light engines+Ring-platforms. Stargate with Iris and Energy Shield+asgard energy weapons+a small pool for fun +and could out run anything

Lord §okar
August 14th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Also the reason I added "Gaia" is because it's reasonable to assume that Ancient scientists have developed AI, but mostly because i'm a fan of the Halo novels.
What does Gaia, the god of the earth, have to do with AI or the Halo books?

section31
August 14th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Oh, "Gaia" is basically an Ancient Hologram like Cortona from Halo or the Emergency Medical Hologram from Star Trek, thats basically where i got the idea from.

" Special Crew: Gaia – Atlantiean interactive Artificial Intelligence. Gaia is a hologram designed by Ancient Scientists, specificaly for software intrusion, meaning that she is capable of interfacing with alien computers and accessing restricted fuctions. Gaia is also responsible for calculating firing solutions for the ships missiles; operate the ancient drones and point defense if needed. In addition she contains the knowledge of numerous Ancient battle tactics. (Basically a SGA Cortona from Halo) "

nimitz
August 15th, 2005, 03:29 AM
How many times do i have to say this you can fit a tank through the stargate its just difficult and they wouldnt need a tank an APC would be better except if they had to take a downed mothership or dropship.
I would build the daedulas except 50 meters longer and in this 50 meters add 10 trident missiles (naquada enhanced of course nuclear warheads) mirv capability or you could add extra F-302s.

jefferyb
August 15th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Well I took section31's design and made some modifications that were for me.

Name: Justice – X 401

Role: Fighter Craft Carrier / Mobile Command Center

Size:
-Length: 1 Mile
-Width: ¾ Mile
-Height: ½ Mile
-Build: Very Similar to Prometheus, Sleeker/Smoother in Design,
Needs Something very interesting architecturally design into the
front of ship to help it have a commanding feel. The inside also has
to have an overhaul from its very utilitarian predecessors very
clean and current earth interior design, show the universe we have
class.

Propulsion:
-Asgard Hyper Drive
-Standard sub-light engines
-Sub-light Ion-Drive

Power Source:
-1 ZPM (Once we learn how to make them)
-5 Naquadah Power Stations
-40 Backup Naquadah generators (For on Ship and offworld Missions)

Weaponry:
-Ha’Tak class disruptor cannons
-10-15 Total for full coverage
-1000 Drones (Once we learn how to make them)
-125mm Rail Gun (for point defense and missile interception)
-200 Low Yield Naquadah Enhanced Missles
-100 Medium Yield Naquadah Enhanced missiles
-100 High Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Missiles
-100 X-302 Fighter Interceptors fitted with:
-hyper space engines
-2000 round 25mm Railgun
-20 Puddle Jumpers
-1 Naquadria bombs (For self destruct purposes)
-1000 Staff Weapons
-2000 Zat’s
-1000 P90’s with ample ammunition

Defensive:
-Asgard Shielding
-Signal Jamming Capabilities
-Computer Virus implanting Capablities
-50 Gould Force Field Jail Cells w/gravity changing abilities
-Electro-Magnetic Pulse Abilities

Crew:
- 1000 Crew Total
- 30 SG Teams (Comprised of 5 people each,5 American,
5 English, 5 Russian, 5 Chinese, 5 French, 5 Canadian.
Numbers can be changed due to changes in international
relations.)
-Each had 5 members a Team totaling 150
-300 Scientists
-3 Asqards
-5 Tok’ra
-5 Jaffa High Counsel Consultants
-100 Stationary Staff (Don’t leave ship unless it is going
to blow up, or on earth doesn’t all have to Military)
-5 Intergalactic Diplomatic Relations consultants
-300 Military Personnel (Mainly Air Force)
-32 Medical Personnel
-100 other Personnel personally selected by the President
or one of our allies)

Other Equipment:
- Asgard Beam Technology
- Asgard Crystal Technology
- Alterian Crystal Technology
- 2 Ancient Rings
- 6 M1 Abrams MBT
- 12 APC
- 15 Hummers
- 25 MALP
- 10 UAV
- Stargate with a Trillium Iris (Just in Case)
- 50 Escape Pods (Each can hold 20 people)
- Elevators like in Atlantis
- Asgard/Alterian Stasis Chamber
- Alterian Medical Lock down Censors
- Cloning technology
- Cloaking technology
- Hand Print Identification System
- Boxes of Tok’ra Tunnel Crystals
- Digital Database loaded with every Movie, Song, Sporting Event
TV Show, and all Art (For Moral)
- Asgard Holographic Communication Technology
- An improved version of “The Link” without the
manipulation/adaptation abilities, connected to a
mainframe of SGC files, Earth History, and Alterian Files.
- Gould Healing Hand devises

Then I also have another design for a "Space Station"

Name: Tauri-Avalon* I. S. S. or Catherine** I.S.S. / SGC

Role: Earth’s Intergalactic Space Station (ISS) / Diplomatic Intergalactic “United” Nations / Stargate Command (SGC)

Size:
-Length: 8 Mile
-Width: 5 Mile
-Height: 2 Mile
-Build: A very clean design, reminiscent of the Gould Mothership, more Earth based in design. Also with a flair of Alterian (Ancient) design, the stained glass, bright colors, contemporary design. Try to make it feel like a sister facility to the Atlantis City. And have the abilities to add on more living space****.
-Functional Design: It would have many of design needs that the SGC had, the Medical bay, Conference room, Gate Room, Living Quarters, and the such. Docking Bays for the Prometheus and Daedilius and future ships is also a must. It is all just to be on a much grander scale than before, all the functionality with some added bonuses. These bonuses include such things as the President having an auxiliary office(command Center), and much more room to experiment than there was in the SGC under ground. The entire world government can do work through it, and can beam and ring there, like putting rings on Air Force One is a must, and giving different world powers the ability to ring there whenever they need or want to. And with the cloaking devises, we would still be able to keep it all hush-hush from the world population.

Propulsion:
-Sub-Light Engines for the use in stabilization of orbiting around earth. ***

Power Source:
-1 ZPM (Once we learn how to make them)
-4 Naquadah Power Stations
-60 Backup Naquadah generators

Weaponry:
-Ha’Tak class disruptor cannons
-5-6Total for emergency coverage
-700 Drones (Once we learn how to make them)
-125mm Rail Gun (for point defense and missile interception)
-600 Low Yield Naquadah Enhanced Missles
-500 Medium Yield Naquadah Enhanced missiles
-400 High Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Missiles
-1000 X-302 Fighter Interceptors fitted with:
-hyper space engines
-2000 round 25mm Railgun
-100 Puddle Jumpers (If there are that many)
-1 Naquadah bombs (For self destruct purposes) (There are more but they are not stored near earth)
-10,000 Staff Weapons
-15,000 Zat’s
-10,000 P90’s with ample ammunition

Defensive:
-Asgard Shielding
-Signal Jamming Capabilities
-Computer Virus implanting Capablities
-200 Gould Force Field Jail Cells w/ gravity change abilities
-Electro-Magnetic Pulse Abilities

Crew:
- 4935-5035 Crew Total (up to 20,000 on board in an emergency (Like a relocation to the Beta Site))
- 200 SG Teams (50 American, 40 English, 30 Russian, 26 Chinese, 26 French, 28 Canadian. Numbers can be changed due to changes in international relations.)
-Each had 5 members a Team totaling 1000 SG
Crew Members.
- 500 Scientists (Why not have the best of the best
working together away from earth distractions)
- 10 Asqards
- 10 Tok’ra
- 15 Jaffa High Counsel Consultants
- 200 Stationary Staff (Don’t leave station unless it is
going to blow up, or on leave, doesn’t all have to
Military)
- 100 Intergalactic Diplomatic Relations consultants
- 1000 Military Personnel (Mainly Air Force, sorry to those
that like other branches, SGC falls under there
jurisdiction, first come first serve)
- 300 Medical Personnel (Why not have the best of the
best working together away from earth distractions)
- 200 other Personnel (personally selected by the
President or one of our allies)
- 100-200 diplomats for Earth and different place we keep
in steady contact.

Other Equipment:
- Asgard Beam Technology
- Asgard Crystal Technology
- Alterian Crystal Technology
- 10 Ancient Rings
- 200 M1 Abrams MBT
- 200 APC
- 200 Hummers (for offworld vehicular expedition needs.)
- 200 MALP
- 100 UAV
- 500 Naquadah generators (For off world power needs.)
- Stargate with a Trillium Iris (Since this is the entire point of the
Show)
- Elevators like in Atlantis
- Asgard/Alterian Stasis Chamber
- Alterian Medical Lock down Censors
- Cloning technology
- Cloaking technology
- Hand Print Identification System
- Boxes of Tok’ra Tunnel Crystals
- Asgard Holographic Communication Technology
- An improved version of “The Link” without the
manipulation/adaptation abilities, connected to a
mainframe of SGC files, Earth History, and Alterian Files (Maybe
even the Tok’ra and Asqard if they allow.)
- Gould Healing Hand devises
- Wireless Internet, LOL.
- More, much much More.

* This name would be a semblance for us the Tauri (Earth Humans) and Avalon (What we now know was
the original name give to our land by the Alterians (Reference 9.2 Avalon pt. 2)) So then we are the
Tauri of Avalon, and since it is a Space Station showing our new powers, it would be like naming an
Airport after where it is located.

** This would be in remembrance of Catherine Langford, Because without her Earth would still be out loop
or destroyed in Anubis’ hunt for the lost city.

***I feel that there could also be an Asgard Hyperdrive installed if we felt that we would ever have to
move it quickly as part of our defense of Earth.

****This could be very much needed if there was even the known need to abandon Earth. To prepare for this there could be segments “planted” all over earth that could be docked with people then launch (with sub-light engines) and placed in connection with the I.S.S., so then our worlds way of life could be better preserved (The “additions” could be nothing more that thousands and thousands of stasis Chambers that could save lives without the threat of Mass panic of those people that are in those “additions”.)

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Ok, mine would be named the Owen Macri, obviously, and it would look exactly like Voyager, but inside it would carry a Dyson Sphere, that powers the whole ship. Basically my ship has everything ever imaginable by anyone, including a Stargate.

Owen Macri

iBorg
August 15th, 2005, 08:13 PM
You guys have all forgotten an important item in your "cram every fancy tech or gizmo ever seen in SF into a ship" : advanced coffee makers :D

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Exactly, what is a ship without every possible function that we could ever contemplate! lol.

Owen Macri

section31
August 16th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Uh the last time i checked, a dyson sphere is millions of time larger than voyager.

captain keys
August 16th, 2005, 09:36 PM
hey i have a pool in mine :D

captain keys
August 16th, 2005, 10:47 PM
ok got another one

type of ship:AL'KESH

Engines: Serraking/Hebridan Ion drive+ regular sub-light drive

Hyperdrive:asgard/ancient

power sorce:2 zpm's, 5 Naquadria Reactors,20 Naquadah reactors for power to rings, life support, artificial gravity etc.

weapons:Ha’Tak disruptor cannons,125mm Rail Gun,40 High Yield Naquadah Enhanced Nuclear Missiles,2 of felgers photon torpedos

Defensive: -Asguard Shielding

and i cressing it the zuses

captain keys
August 16th, 2005, 11:32 PM
ship type:ha'tak

Engines: Serraking/Hebridan Ion drive+ regular sub-light drive

Hyperdrive:asgard

weapons:chair room with 10,000 drones,felgers photon thingie,Asgard energy weapons

sheilds: asgard/ancient

Cloak complete invisibility, undetectable to all scanners.

60 X-302 Fighter Interceptors fitted with:
-hyper space engines
-200 round 25mm Railgun

40 jumpers

Asguard Beam Technology

pool and jaquzzie for fun and r&r

and a stargate with and iris

and i cressing this one "north star"

captain keys
August 17th, 2005, 08:08 PM
ship type:al'kesh

defences:asgard/ancient sheilding and cloak

offenceive:asgard energy weapons,felgers photon thingie,two mk IX,

Engines:serraking/Hebridan Ion drive

Hyperdrive:asgard/ancient

extras:asgrad beams,Asgard matter materializer,Ring platform

power:2 zmp's 1 for sheilds and 1 for Engines/Hyperdrive,2 Naquadria Reactors
for life support/rings

iBorg
August 18th, 2005, 09:03 PM
power sorce:2 zpm's, 5 Naquadria Reactors,20 Naquadah reactors for power to rings, life support, artificial gravity etc.

Does your ship also need a battery of ZPMs to flush the toilets ? :D
BTW you forgot Duracell batteries... to outrun those Wraith bunnies !

captain keys
August 19th, 2005, 12:20 AM
oh yeah we have to have 2 zedpm's to flush...........ITS FICTION we can do basicaly whatever we want

section31
August 21st, 2005, 01:46 AM
You know it WOULD be nice if the ships were in the least bit realistic. I mean Atlantis uses 3 ZPMS. Atlantis, the ancient's most fortified facility, uses only 3 and we have human ships gobbling up 2 of them. It is just unreasonable for a single ship to consume the output of 2 ZPMs, that's like saying that your ship would have the equivilant of Atlantis' shields, it just doesn't work.

Auralis
August 21st, 2005, 04:20 PM
nahh, if you want overkill, how about ZPM tiped missiles with asgard hyperengines.
Zap those pesty suns from a galaxy away :)

dennycrane
August 22nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
I'd pick Spaceballs' version of the Millenium Falcon.
Wow that was a great movie

TechnoWraith
August 22nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
That's quite an impressive ship, jefferyb. ;)

_Owen_
August 22nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
Uh the last time i checked, a dyson sphere is millions of time larger than voyager.
Yes, so we have an incredlibly large version of the Voyager. It is a space ship it doesn't really matter if it is one hundred times bigger than a Star. Other than the fact it will then start attracting other large objects to it like, planets and other stars dues to its incredibly large and powerful gravitational field. lol.

Owen Macri

section31
August 28th, 2005, 08:54 PM
wtf???

nayo'nak
August 29th, 2005, 09:33 AM
ok realism

f-305 gate fighter

aperance
long odessy coulored cone rounded end not pointy wings are small but go right back along the ship and are slightly lower than the midle, the cocpit is on the top infront of a retractable fin for balance

pilot one

propulsion
three verry small sublight engines on the back for good mobility in a triangle formation

deseleration thrusters in hatches midway down the nose that close when not in ues

wepons
two rail guns were the wings meet the ship

one energy canon in the center of the nose posibly a version of felgers torpedo

other
wings and ruder retact almost fuly to alow gate travel whith room to spare (so the pilot dosent have to be perfect)

inertial dampners

GDO for retern to earth

gate remote for return to earth

overveiw

uesed for gate atacks on enemy worlds first scouted by UAV tto check if the area around the gate is clear.lauch is performed by the stargates silo opening up so the fighter can decend the ramp to the gate is lowered and the ship goes thru followed by the rest of the squadron

theStormWeaver
August 29th, 2005, 03:06 PM
The Orion X-303-S, Earth Flag Ship

Length - 3km
Width -3/4 km
Height - 1/2 km

Similar in design to the Deadalus, but much larger, and with a second set of Fighter Bays (so there are two "wings" stacked on each side).

Armaments:
- 46 rail guns evenly distributed around the ship.
- 6 Hetak cannons, two at the head, two at the rear, and one on each side at the center.
- 10 high yeild Naquadah War Heads
- 20 medium yeild Naquadah War Heads
- 30 low yeild Naquadah War Heads
- Varius Other Missiles
- 40 X-302's
- 8 X-304's (new transporter/bomber ship)

Defenses:
- Asgard Sheilding
- 3 feet of a Trinium-Naquadah-Titanium alloy
- EMP Generators
- Varius Scrambling devices to disrupt lock-on capabilities

Other Features:
- Asgard Teleportation arrays
- Three seperate ring platforms
- Room and Board for over 1000 Personnel, Special Forces and other crew and transport.
- Asgard HyperDrive engine
- Ancient Sub Light Engines
- 4 Naquahda power plants
- Full Cloaking (like the puddle jumper)

captain keys
August 29th, 2005, 05:19 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooo i got one the deadie with zedpm bombs

Col. Newman
August 29th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I've been tinkering around with different designs for an Earth Battle Ship, yes you heard me right an actual Battle Ship, it would be named the Sora and mine will actually be realistic, with our current resources, but still will be kick ass :D

iBorg
August 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I like theStormWeaver's ship ! I still believe it's a bit (a bit) too big for Earth right now, but it's a definite possibility in the SG universe. Sensible design too.

Fantasy mode ON : an Honor Harrington universe Pod Superdreadnought :) Kilometers long, multimillion tons heavy, impenetrable impeller wedge, tough sidewalls (that's "energy shields"), extremely thick armor, batteries of Gamma Ray Lasers, antimissile laser clusters, and above all the ability to send hundreds of antiship missiles (with 82000 G accel, several million kilometers range, shield penetration aids and bomb-pumped laser heads) in a single salvo. Plus Honor would kick any Wraith, Orii, Goa'auld or whatever admiral's butt. :D
Fantasy mode OFF

captain keys
August 31st, 2005, 04:40 PM
evr one is putting like 3 zedpms in there ships cause sheilds and energy weapons are only as powerful as there power suply so haveing a sheild thats runs of 3 zedpms like atlantis could never be broken!!!!

theStormWeaver
August 31st, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I like theStormWeaver's ship ! I still believe it's a bit (a bit) too big for Earth right now, but it's a definite possibility in the SG universe. Sensible design too.

:D Thank you!! I just happened to have realized that The Orion's demensions make it like 10 times as big as the Deadie. So i'm just lettin' you know that it would be like half that size. Cause at the dimensions I posted it could probably dock a Prometheus in its bays.

captain keys
September 1st, 2005, 06:16 AM
hehehehe

Stargate Insane
September 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
That's funny 'cause I sat up all night last night thinking of my ultimate ship. It would be a bit like the puddle jumpers but it would have shields, cloaking devices, asgard beaming technology, unlimited power source (don't count that off. Remember Trinity!) using the same thing that (SMALL SPOILERS)

Rodney tried to perfect in Trinity. I would have to figure out how to perfect it though. Either that or run it on ZPMs. It would also have (my favorite part!) naquadah-laced drones so they'd be more powerful. Along with regular drones. It would be small enough to fit through the gate with the jumpers compact build but it would be slightly more pointy like the wraith darts. and it would also have the standered things like artificial gravity, life support, ect. Like it? I haven't come up with a name yet.

captain keys
September 1st, 2005, 12:16 PM
i like the al'kesh i think it (with the right tech)could kick any one's *ss

puddlejumperOZ
August 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I would build an escort cruiser for the larger BB's, something that was sadly lacking in the show, I would use all the existing technology gained from all alien contacts as well as our own. They would be "Heroine" class CG/CE 340's, the first lead ship the "Janet Fraiser"

Data: CE/CG-340, Heroine class: A new class of warship, that will be built primarily by Earth’s allies. Close to the original Prometheus in size, it will be essentially a gun and missile ship. Much in the way a guided missile destroyer is in a modern Navy. The new ship will not usually carry F307's as it is envisioned the vessel will be capable of defending itself and a carrier from multiple fighter attacks. The class will however carry ten ‘B’ Attack Tornado’s. A crew of around sixty, plus aircrews, will compliment this ship, it will be extremely fast in both sub and hyperspace, with the ability to sustain long operations away from home. Earth is building around twenty to thirty of these vessels for fleet defence, with four held for Earth’s protection, two will be permanently attached to the Atlantis expedition. The F340 may carry an additional sixty infantry forces for selected missions, leaving four Tornado’s behind. (Lead ship, the Janet Fraser 30, has just been commissioned as this report is being written, 31-37 will be in service over the next twelve months . Ship number eight, the CG-Iwo Jima- ‘38' will be an exceptional vessel. It is to be the first of ten purely attack ships, with more gunnery and only carrying eight F307c’s. It will specialise in hit and run attacks.

puddlejumperOZ
August 19th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Here are some views

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/puddlejumperOZ/340singles.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/puddlejumperOZ/F340.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/puddlejumperOZ/AC401S.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/puddlejumperOZ/340Warhorse2.jpg

:cool:

thekillman
August 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Hermes class.

Size: about 1.5km long, 800m wide and high.

crew: 400+

Powerplant:

2x human engineered humongous Subspace Taps (each about 300m long, 50m in diameter)
1x Naquahdriah reactor.

Shields:
naquahdriah-based shield generator

Engines:
4x VASIMR Fusion Drive.
Intertialess Drive System
Hyperdrive:
1x twin hyperdrive (MW-Pg in 4 days)

Defences:
36x Point Defence Laser
Electrified Plasma Grid (good against energy and laser weapons)
Polarized Trinium/aluminium armor
High-energy Superconductive Ablative secondary armor
hull made of trinium compounds.

Weapons:
10x APBW
16x APPW
10x ELS
80x Mark V 50Mt Nukes
20x Mark VIII 5 GT nukes
4x Mark Ix Gatebuster 800 GT nukes.
20x 300mm Augmented Railguns

Hangar:

20x F-302B (modified, Scramjet/PDE hybrid engines, A-T-A missiles, 1x Nuke)
10x F-302C (modified, Scramjet/PDE hybrid engines, Jumperdrive, missiles, 1x nuke)

Transportation:
30x Strategically placed Ring Stations.
8x Asgard Beaming Node (allows fast multi-object transport)

Other:
Asgard Sensors
Long Range Sensors
Internal shielding
internal "Intar" autonomous defence system
Asgard computercore with all nessecary info on known races, a large adress database, and basics about the ship (properly encoded and defenced)
Advanced Defence AI (helps the crew control the ship and does a full system check every hour).

Notes:

using a series of capacitors and buffers, the energy output of the naquahdriah core is constant. similar buffers and capacitors are installed in the hyperdrive and shields, ensuring a stable output. the twin Subspace Taps generate "battlepower", power for the shields, hyperdrive Etc. without the subspace taps, the ship is about as strong as a deadalus class.

Control_Chair
August 27th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I would design 2 new classes of ship

X 305 – Earths version of Al’kesh (mostly based on Asgard technology)

Size:-
Length – 40 meters
Width – 20 meters
Height – 15 meters

Engine units:-
Manoeuvring thrusters
Sublight engines

Hyperdrive system:-
Intergalactic

Power Generation:-
2 Naquadah generators

Weapons systems:-
1 Asgard plasma beam weapon (at the front)
2 Plasma Pulse cannons mounted on top and bottom (upgraded versions of the Goa’uld pulse cannons found on the underside of Al’kesh)
Bomb bay containing 30 plasma charges

Shielding :-
Asgard shielding systems

Hull:-
Asgard Naquadah /Trinium/Carbon alloy (from the O’Neill Class)

Sensor systems:-
Asgard sensor array

Crew:-
5 - Pilot, Co-pilot (doubles as weapons officer), Engineer, Technician and Medic

Passengers:-
Up to 50 troops

Other systems:-
Asgard Beaming Teach
Transport rings
Ancient Cloak

X 306 – Earths main command station (also serves as a mobile SGC).

Size:-
Length – 1000 meters
Width – 100-200 meters
Height – 150 meters

Engine units:-
Manoeuvring thrusters
Sublight engines

Hyperdrive system:-
Intergalactic

Power Generation:-
4 Neutrino ion generators
ZPM
5 Naquadah generators (for backup)

Weapons systems:-
8 Asgard plasma beam weapons
50 Railguns
30 VLS Missile Tubes
Horizon weapons platform
10 Plasma Pulse cannons

Armaments:-
30 Mark VIII
20 IX nuclear missiles
1000 plasma charges

Shielding :-
Asgard shielding systems

Complement:-
40 F-302s (20 in each 202 bay)
12 Puddle jumpers
6 X 305’s

Hull:-
Asgard Naquadah /Trinium/Carbon alloy

Sensor systems:-
Asgard sensor array
Ancient Long range sensors

Targeting systems:-
Asgard

Crew:-
350+

Passengers:-
Up to 1000 troops

Other systems:-
Asgard Beaming Teach
Ancient Cloak
Transport rings
Internal dampeners to limit explosions
Internal shielding
Internal defence system to combat boarding by enemy troops
Long-range transmitter
Onboard stargate with DHD and gate shield

The ship is essentially a supped up version of a 304, but with some technological and design upgrades. At the front of the ship there is a bridge/command centre similar but bigger to those found on 304’s. Directly behind the bridge is the onboard stargate and above that is the jumper bay. This whole section functions similar to the top of the central tower of Atlantis, controlling the main systems of the ship and allowing jumpers to be sent through the onboard stargate to explore new worlds, jumpers can also exit through the roof into space and be used as shuttles. Like Atlantis the gate is capable of dialling intergalactically and has a powerful shield to prevent intruders from entering the ship via the stargate.

Other features that set the ship apart is the presence of six docking bays above the F-302 bays (3 on each side), these are capable of docking a ship up to 50 meters long (an X 305).

MKMarines
August 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Mines would be a hybrid of the 304 and a user created image.
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/004/5/0/space_ship_stargate_achilles_by_qwerty30.jpg
That to be exact.

Name: BC-308 (BattleCarrier)

Length: 350 meters
Width: 100 meters
Height/depth: 80 meters

Engines: Maneuver thrusters, sublight engines.
Fuel: Naquadah/neutronium
Hyperdrive: Asgard Hyperdrive/Intergalatic
Power Plant: Naquadah Generators
-3 Neutrino Ion Generators
-ZPM (if available)

Shield: Asgard shields

Hull: Naqduadah/Trinium/Titanium

Sensors: Asgard Sensor Array

Armament: 50 Railguns
-3 Main Asgard Plasma Beam weapons
-5 Vertical Launch System missile tubes
-2 Horizons Weapon Platform
-2 Smaller less powerful Asgard plasma beam weapons capable of quick rapid pulse firing.
-4 Earth designed Laser pulse turrets

Countermeasures: Asgard Cloaking Device
-Weapons Jamming system
-Ring Transport Jamming system
-

Complement fighter wing: 37 F302s

Crew: 480

Other systems: Earth targeting system
-Computer Nav system
-Asgard Transporters
-Long range transmitter
-Ring transporters

Dindirindin
September 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Shaped like a Beliskner <-- i love that ship.

Asgard hyperdrive.

Power: ZPM's (if available) and Naquadah Generators.

Weapons: Asgard plasma beam weapon, phase-shifting tollan weapons (perfect against wraith), drones, Mark IX misiles and railguns and regular missiles (it's hard to have someone that can use drones), and one Horizon (see First Strike).

Asgard shield, and a Naquadah/Carbon/Trinium composite hull (asgard hull).

Fighter bays with F-302 with wraith transport beams, and 10 jumpers.

Name: Asgard's Chariot.:lol: