This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earth gate iris

ok we have an iris and we no it works but how?how do the big peaces of metal that makes up the iris go into the gate ????

theres a space in the gate in the middle going all the way round they must slot it in there. Or its a plot hole.

Lego Puddle Jumpers forever

Comment

but the peaces are thicker than the gate??!!

Comment

no they arnt, the 26 iris plates slid in between the inner and outer track of the gate 0.03micrometers from the event horizon.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

ok always good to be percise....lol

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            no they arnt, the 26 iris plates slid in between the inner and outer track of the gate 0.03micrometers from the event horizon.
            I thought it was 50 micrometers.
            Sorry for my bad english. I'm just a little post-communist building nuclear warheads in backyard.

Comment

It's 3 µm tbh

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                It's 3 µm tbh
                Oh, you're right. I should slap the one who has spread the 50 microns myth among us. We have that even on our web pages )
                Sorry for my bad english. I'm just a little post-communist building nuclear warheads in backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                  ok we have an iris and we no it works but how?how do the big peaces of metal that makes up the iris go into the gate ????
                  The iris doesn't go into the gate, it rests a little ways in front of it, and prevents matter from rematerializing properly. We don't really know what happens to the matter, except that it 'splats' against the iris.
                  JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                  VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                  MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                  LANDRY
                  : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                  Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                  Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

it doesnt allow matter to reintergrate

Comment

Then what makes the thud?

I think that the matter does rematerialize, but as soon as it does, it bounces off the iris and back into the event horizon, and is destroyed.
                      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                      LANDRY
                      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

the thud is th matter trying to reintergrate

Comment

I like the atlantis one better
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

A better question is, how come the bad guys don't have their own iris? Why don't they mass produce them? Surly if earth has an Iris then any other civilization should have one too.
                            ...but courage, and a steadfast resolve will prove the most valuable assets in this undertaking...well, good luck to you all. *Beams out*

CONNECTION: TERMINATED

Comment

yeah it makes a za sound

Comment

Working...
                              X