This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon on Dakara effect on Wraith

I am a newbie poster on this board although I have been lurking and reading for a couple of months now. The question I have and I apologize in advance if this has been discussed on end is couldn't the ancients simply built another weapon like the one on Dakara and wiped out all the wraith? It just seems like a big plot hole to me but maybe we're not suppose to borrow tech from one show and display its value towards enemies on the other show.

Well, first and foremost, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here!

Now, down to business. Actually, I don't believe this topic has been discussed at all... Good idea!

Actually the Ancients wouldn't even need to build another weapon. They could just use the one on Dakara, they make an eight chevron lock to all of the gates in Pegasus, I have a feeling this would take quite a bit of energy, but nothing a few Zero Point Modules can't handle. Good thinking!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      Well, first and foremost, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here!

Now, down to business. Actually, I don't believe this topic has been discussed at all... Good idea!

Actually the Ancients wouldn't even need to build another weapon. They could just use the one on Dakara, they make an eight chevron lock to all of the gates in Pegasus, I have a feeling this would take quite a bit of energy, but nothing a few Zero Point Modules can't handle. Good thinking!

Owen Macri
      Yeah, but taht would kill everything. Making the Ancients the biggest mass murderer's ever.
      I think that's why they didn't do it.

Comment

My theory has always been that the Ancient's technological might declined between the 5 million year era and the 10,000 year era. The race as it appeared 10,000 years ago seems to have been a pale shadow of what it once was several million years ago. They once had the power to create life, and destroy it on a galactic scale in an instant. Yet, they were in the end defeated by a race with much inferior technology, in a much smaller galaxy. The only way i can pesonally reconcile this is that the Ancient's, by the time of the war with the Wraith, had declined to a point that they were no longer able to make or use the "epic" technology of their forebearers.

Comment

I think the Dakara Device could be proggramed to attack only the Wraith.

Owen Macri

Comment

Only problem is that the weapon was destroyed

Comment

Couldnt the ancients just build another 1 in the pegaus galaxy.
              Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
              Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
              - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
              - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

No because they dont interfere with 'lowers'
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

the wraith are basically humans with that bug dna spliced into them so to destroy the wraith with that weapon you would be killing every human or creature with the same genetic make up as humans
                  "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

No because they dont interfere with 'lowers'
                    This is before the Ancients ascended.

Originally posted by gallywag
                    the wraith are basically humans with that bug dna spliced into them so to destroy the wraith with that weapon you would be killing every human or creature with the same genetic make up as humans
                    Target the Bug DNA and only the bugs/Wraith will be harmed.
                    Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Comment

Yes, my idea was that 10 000 years ago when they were fighting the Wraith they could have used it.

And yes, I was just going to say, target the bug DNA.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        I think the Dakara Device could be proggramed to attack only the Wraith.

Owen Macri
                        this thread seemed interesting enough to bring me out of retirement.

down to business.

i dont really think it would be possible to program the dakara device to kill a specific race, especially when that race shares genes with humans and ancients. the device is programmed to break the molecular bonds of everything it hits so that everything is broken down into its base elements, correct? now they were able to program the device to emit the specific "frequency" if you will, that broke the bonds between the replicator blocks. now that was possible because the nature of the replicators design and the biological systems of everything else were so radically different. however the similarities between the wraith and most other life would be much greater. carbon based life forms cellular make up is basically the same, just different configurations basically. so an energy wave that would break down the wraith would most likely affect most other biological creatures, and definately would effect humans and ancients since the wraith are human/bug hybrids, and Ancients are just more advanced humans. its highly unlikely that the device could be programmed to just effect the wraith.

Comment

What if the device was set to only attack certain planets
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Flayum
                            Target the Bug DNA and only the bugs/Wraith will be harmed.
                            the device doesnt work by targeting DNA, it works by releasing an energy wave that breaks the bonds between molecules of living things, it was able to be adapted to work on the replicators because the blocks that make up their strutures use a specific energy bond to adhere together and the wave neutralized that energy bond causing them to become unconnected and fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              What if the device was set to only attack certain planets
                              there would still be the problem of whoever turned the device on being killed, plus it would slaughter any human herds on the planets. also now that the wraith are awake, they are on their hive ships which are moving from planet to planet instead of being on the surface.

Comment

Working...
                              X