PDA

View Full Version : Megas XLR

ShadowMaat
June 26th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Ya know, I've been meaning for weeks to tune into this toon because Dadid DeLuise provides one of the voices. I finally remembered it tonight. Or more accurately, I accidentally came across it. It's freakin hysterical in its cheesiness. Love David's character Coop. There's also this evil alien robot bug which- get this- snatches up the nearest bits of metal to make itself bigger. It claims itself to be invincible and plans to kill everyone and destroy everything. It even calls itself a replicant at one point. Sound familiar? ;)

Anyone else ever watched this show? I might actually have to watch it again... if I can remember...

I'm really loving this Regis Mark 5 dude.

ShadowMaat
June 26th, 2004, 06:32 PM
The sound effects, too, were very Replicatorish...

If I can stomach the sheer stupidity of the characters, it might be fun to watch. ;)

Jprime
June 27th, 2004, 03:44 PM
What channel and time does the show air on?

petzke_42
June 27th, 2004, 04:22 PM
It's on Cartoon Network...as to time? Check your local listings :P

I saw the pilot...it seemed entertaining enough. Haven't watched it since though. I wouldn't make time to watch it, but if I see it on, I just may stop surfing.

nugglebugget
June 28th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Ya know, I've been meaning for weeks to tune into this toon because Dadid DeLuise provides one of the voices. I finally remembered it tonight. Or more accurately, I accidentally came across it. It's freakin hysterical in its cheesiness. Love David's character Coop. There's also this evil alien robot bug which- get this- snatches up the nearest bits of metal to make itself bigger. It claims itself to be invincible and plans to kill everyone and destroy everything. It even calls itself a replicant at one point. Sound familiar? ;)

Anyone else ever watched this show? I might actually have to watch it again... if I can remember...

I'm really loving this Regis Mark 5 dude.
I've been watching it since it came on.I watch it with my sons & find it hysterical[especially Regis Mark 5].There's an ep with an inter-galactic fight promotor that's essentially a big head & little limbs;I guess it's a jab at egotistical earth bound ones[ha!]
I thought "Coop" sounded familiar & caught the name credit more or less by accident.It's one of our favorite shows now.