This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM - Where

where do the ZPM's come from like do the ancients make them? and if they did how come they didn't mass prduce them so that they would have loads of spares to save or give to other under devloped planets that need energy, and why wouldn't have a cache of them in the city instead of just 3. wouldn't you need backups or sumthing?

Cheer's

May the force be with you
    -----Send me any pics you can on any of the members of the SGC to [email protected]-----

They make them we dont know how or where there may be a manufacturing plant in atlantis
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

a single ZPM can power a city(like atlantis with shields and all) for 3000 yrs so they won't have need for having a whole bunch of spare ZPM's lying about.

i though about it and indeed it's weird we never encounterd a production plant in atlantis anywere like they had no economy?
      but for ZPM's they would probebly have some space based lab thath draws power from a singularity (like a black hole) to make or recharge ZPM's
      I'm sugesting a black hole here as a power source it has nothing to do with the zpm
      since subspace onely exists in scifi i can't say anything about it.

they'd never have to mass produce em as they last soo damn long
      Last edited by robinmdh; 10 August 2005, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Does a singularity count as subspace?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Was it ever stated singularities had anything to do with ZPMs? I know next to nothing about them

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

No it was not just that ZPMs draw power from subspace:

MCKAY: The 0 point module General. The ancient power source you recovered from Proclarush Taonas and is now powering the outpost's defenses. I've since determined that it generates it's power from vacuum energy derived from a self contained region of subspace time.
            Last edited by Qasim; 09 August 2005, 01:40 PM.
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              No it was not just that ZPMs draw power from subspace:

MCKAY: The 0 point module General. The ancient power source you recovered from quator kanas and is now powering the outpost's defenses. I've since determined that it generates it's power from vacuum energy derived from a self contained region of subspace time.
              quator kanas? You mean Proclarus Taonas?=)

Comment

Oops sorry I just copy/pasted that from the first transcript I found without looking at it
                love Torri

Comment

Ok a singularity by itself is not subspace. If subspace does exist, it is likley that certain singularities would be able to enter it. However, you do not need a singularity of any kind to create a ZPM, a ZPM draws power from a self-contained region of subspacetime, so within the ZPM, presumably lies your region of subspace. When you use a ZPM, power is drawn from that self-contained region, and eventually that region will be out of energy. So in theory all you would need to do is lock onto a diffrent region of subspacetime, and poof your Zero Point Module has power again.

Owen Macri

Comment

Locking onto another region sounds like a good idea then you could just recharge forever instead of finding new ones

Can the ZPM be reprogrammed or does it only work on factory settings is the question
                    love Torri

Comment

Reprogrammed for what, specifically?

Owen Macri

Comment

A singularity is more or less the center of a black hole, where the laws of physics go bonkers. ZPMs supposedly draw their energy from the quantum vacuum. I don't really see how a ZPM would have anything to do with a singularity.

Comment

Reprogrammed to lock onto a different region of subspace time
                          love Torri

Comment

I think that would be very possible. The "factory settings" would likley not be permanant, as it would be far more logical to allow for alteration of the subsapce region, so the ZPM could be "recharged."

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                            X