This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 Season 10 + SGA Season 3

Prolly been asked a thousand times, but here it is once more. Any reliable information on whether there is going to be a season 10 for SG1 or a season 3 for Atlantis? What's peoples thoughts on this?

Too early to say

Comment

You will know most probably after the season is done or just befor thst.
      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

so wait and see. My guess is that if we fans watch it enough the ratings are high then a new season is underway. I think Stargate Atlantis will have a new season. As for SG.1 I really have my doubt about it ! Season 9 so far hasn't been that great but that is just my opinion. I just miss the original SG.1
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
          You will know most probably after the season is done or just befor thst.
          Yeah even if Sci-Fi channel came out and said they have renewed them for next year, I wouldnt believe it anyway until we got to the end of the season and saw the ratings.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Carter is coming back this season isnt she? I like Vala but it just isnt the same without Carter! And RDA should change his mind about retiring and come back for a season 10!

Comment

Originally posted by nchardon
              Carter is coming back this season isnt she? I like Vala but it just isnt the same without Carter! And RDA should change his mind about retiring and come back for a season 10!
              Yes, one more Carterless ep before she officially returns. Sadly I doubt RDA will ever come back since he has wanted to leave for a while, hope Im wrong, but I dont think so.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                so wait and see. My guess is that if we fans watch it enough the ratings are high then a new season is underway. I think Stargate Atlantis will have a new season. As for SG.1 I really have my doubt about it ! Season 9 so far hasn't been that great but that is just my opinion. I just miss the original SG.1
                Yet SG1 still holds the highest ratings out of all of SCI-FI's shows. Tapping is back soon anyway, so we wont have to worry about Vala.

Comment

carter is returning. if i am right, the US just had episode 4 of the current season so Carter should be back in 2 weeks (episode 6).

yes we would all like RDA to come back, but he's got a family who he wants to spend time with so him coming pack full time, no chance.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Yeah even if Sci-Fi channel came out and said they have renewed them for next year, I wouldnt believe it anyway until we got to the end of the season and saw the ratings.
                    You'd kinda have to believe that, as a Sci-Fi network announcement means they were putting down the millions of dollars needed to create another season of the show.

We get the season 8/season 2 announcement in November of last year, so we ought to know in another three months if both shows will get renewed again. I really don't see Sci-Fi dropping Atlantis, and certainly hope that they renew SG-1 as well. TPTB have said that they're planning cliff-hanger season finales for both shows, so it would really suck if SciFi ended them. (Especially for Ben Browder, who already ended one TV series that way).

Originally posted by nchardon
                    Carter will be back in the sixth episode of the season, and will be here to stay. I don't anticipate RDA doing any more stuff in the future than Don Davis did last year.

a time to mourn

Comment

I have heard that both series will have cliffhangers so I think more seasons is likely
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Re: SG1 Season 10 + SGA Season 3: it all depends on the ratings

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. There is going to be a Season 10 of SG1 and a season 3 of SGA. Everyone said that Battle Star would the top show, and it hasn't did as well as SG1 for the past few weeks. I would think SG1 is going to stay around and that they will get rid of BSG.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                            Re: SG1 Season 10 + SGA Season 3: it all depends on the ratings
                            In the case of SG-1, the willingness of MGM to continue also matters quite a bit. Quite a few long-running shows--Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, Star Trek TNG--left the air when they were still getting high ratings because the production company decided it was time to stop.

Sometimes it was because the "creatives" behind it just wanted to "go out on top". Other times, it was because built in cost increases decreased the programs profitability to its makers.

We'll have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                              In the case of SG-1, the willingness of MGM to continue also matters quite a bit. Quite a few long-running shows--Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, Star Trek TNG--left the air when they were still getting high ratings because the production company decided it was time to stop.

Sometimes it was because the "creatives" behind it just wanted to "go out on top". Other times, it was because built in cost increases decreased the programs profitability to its makers.

We'll have to see.
                              I have read offhand comments that lead me to believe Sony is really stepping up to the plate to back Stargate. I think CJ made a comment in a recent interview (or at a convention) to the effect of "all of a sudden there's more money".

Joe Mallozzi has also mentioned in his Q&A thread that the DVD sales are still very healthy and I know one of the primary reasons Sony bought MGM was for its backlog of movies and series sold on DVD.

But you're right - we'll have to see. Sony is probably continuing to evaluate all the assets it acquired from MGM and there could well be changes down the road. But the way they've retooled SG-1 seems to indicate they hope it will go for a couple more seasons at least.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X